North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

State Cup Rostering? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

State Cup Rostering?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State Cup Rostering? Empty State Cup Rostering?

Post by Uncle Numanga 29/03/12, 08:53 am

What happened to the thread about Sting screwing over their LHGCL teams by bringing in ringers from their ECNL team?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

State Cup Rostering? Empty Re: State Cup Rostering?

Post by golgolgol 29/03/12, 09:00 am

wow! Just disappeared!

scratch
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/03/12, 10:01 am

Is Admin turning Blue on us??? I guess Sting has more clout than even I figured.

Hopefully, the message hit it's mark and the folks behind the initial decision have reconsidered their position. If so, great.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

State Cup Rostering? Empty Re; State Cup Rostering?

Post by ballhead 29/03/12, 10:07 am

Wow, whoever asked it to be removed must have thought it was a really bad idea to bring players down from an ECNL team to displace current roster members on a State Cup roster.

I'm guessing this thread may not be long for this world either.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Elk 29/03/12, 10:39 am

My two cents and I certainly don't claim to know or have the answers.

I have a dd on Sting ECNL, a younger one that plays for Solar and a younger one that plays for the Purple Puppies so that is my bias. I can't answer nor do I know what is going on with the older girls at Sting.

My perception with Sting on the 97-96's....for what it's worth.

I don't know of any 97 players (GK's are dual rostered) being asked to play on another team for State Cup.

My perception is that this is not happening on the 96 team either as they are short on players due to injuries and recently moved a 97 player up. They are concerned about injuries so I don't believe there will be movement for State Cup.
Elk
Elk
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoClue 02/04/12, 05:44 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:What happened to the thread about Sting screwing over their LHGCL teams by bringing in ringers from their ECNL team?

So what is the last day a player can be added to the LH roster in order to be eligible for State Cup?

NoClue
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 02/04/12, 05:45 pm

NoClue wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:What happened to the thread about Sting screwing over their LHGCL teams by bringing in ringers from their ECNL team?

So what is the last day a player can be added to the LH roster in order to be eligible for State Cup?

Last Saturday I think. April 1 is cutoff
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 02/04/12, 05:59 pm

golgolgol wrote:
NoClue wrote:

Not according to this.

Beginning with 2012 North Texas State Cup, U14 and up teams may utilize club passes to add players to a roster within their own club under the following circumstances:

• Player must be a registered player with North Texas Soccer for the same club
• Player can only play on one State Cup team for the entire State Cup competition
• The player must be playing in their own age group or older age group – cannot be playing down to a younger age group
• Total State Cup roster cannot exceed 22 players
• Team has to maintain at least 9 players from league play
• Team can have no more than 5 transfers during the soccer year
• Roster with club pass players added must be submitted no later than 14 days prior to the start of that age group competition

So April 21 would be the cutoff date or am I reading this wrong?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 02/04/12, 06:08 pm

futbollove wrote:
golgolgol wrote:
NoClue wrote:

Not according to this.

Beginning with 2012 North Texas State Cup, U14 and up teams may utilize club passes to add players to a roster within their own club under the following circumstances:

• Player must be a registered player with North Texas Soccer for the same club
• Player can only play on one State Cup team for the entire State Cup competition
• The player must be playing in their own age group or older age group – cannot be playing down to a younger age group
• Total State Cup roster cannot exceed 22 players
• Team has to maintain at least 9 players from league play
• Team can have no more than 5 transfers during the soccer year
• Roster with club pass players added must be submitted no later than 14 days prior to the start of that age group competition

So April 21 would be the cutoff date or am I reading this wrong?

True, for the topic here, two weeks out they can move players within the club to the state cup team.

I was thinking in general terms, any roster changes need to be done before April 1.

I got off track a little.... Smile
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherGoose 08/04/12, 05:03 pm

Not sure what age group you're referring to. I can only speak to the 97s, but doubt they would sit their players who have made that team what it is for years by bringing in "ringers" from their ECNL team. The only exception I can think of would be to fill in for injured players who were having to sit out the State Cup.

It appeared that during the Dallas International Cup, Sting 97 brought up players from the 98 team to fill out a roster due to injuries. If this is still the case, players from the 97 ECNL team might be asked to step in.

Either way, wouldn't it be the other teams that are getting screwed over?
FatherGoose
FatherGoose
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 09/04/12, 10:37 am

FatherGoose wrote:

Not sure what age group you're referring to. I can only speak to the 97s, but doubt they would sit their players who have made that team what it is for years by bringing in "ringers" from their ECNL team. The only exception I can think of would be to fill in for injured players who were having to sit out the State Cup.

It appeared that during the Dallas International Cup, Sting 97 brought up players from the 98 team to fill out a roster due to injuries. If this is still the case, players from the 97 ECNL team might be asked to step in.

FG, if you are referring to the 98 players in Sting 97 ECNL team, my understanding is that those players have always been with that team, from first day of ECNL season and have done considerably well. If that wasn't your reference, then I stand corrected.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherGoose 09/04/12, 10:56 am

Pele98 wrote:
FatherGoose wrote:

FG, if you are referring to the 98 players in Sting 97 ECNL team, my understanding is that those players have always been with that team, from first day of ECNL season and have done considerably well. If that wasn't your reference, then I stand corrected.

No I was referring to Sting 98 players playing up on the Sting 97 (Formerly Royal) team during the Dallas International.

FatherGoose
FatherGoose
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 10/04/12, 07:49 am

if teams take ECNL players for State Cup, and there are ECNL games scheduled that same weekend, can a player play both games in one day? (ECNL + State Cup)

I'm sure some teams will take advantage of this if they are short players. I don't see a team pulling ECNL players if they have a healthy roster.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Man 17/04/12, 02:53 pm

Do not know if this means anything, or if it's some type of screw-up in GotSoccer, but if you look at the roster for Sting 97G you will now find players listed that have only played for the ECNL team this season. These players are in addition to the ones who have been dual-rostered throughout the year. 22 players total, which is the maximum allowed for State Cup.
Muffin Man
Muffin Man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 17/04/12, 03:59 pm

Muffin Man wrote:Do not know if this means anything, or if it's some type of screw-up in GotSoccer, but if you look at the roster for Sting 97G you will now find players listed that have only played for the ECNL team this season. These players are in addition to the ones who have been dual-rostered throughout the year. 22 players total, which is the maximum allowed for State Cup.

A quick look at the Sting Royal 95 roster shows 4 players without pictures or position indicated. All 4 are listed on Sting ECNL's roster. Question Question

Roster is now at 22
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Man 17/04/12, 04:32 pm

justfurkicks wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:Do not know if this means anything, or if it's some type of screw-up in GotSoccer, but if you look at the roster for Sting 97G you will now find players listed that have only played for the ECNL team this season. These players are in addition to the ones who have been dual-rostered throughout the year. 22 players total, which is the maximum allowed for State Cup.

A quick look at the Sting Royal 95 roster shows 4 players without pictures or position indicated. All 4 are listed on Sting ECNL's roster. Question Question

Roster is now at 22

Interesting. Same coach (BB) for both teams. Regarding the 97's, they made their top non-ECNL team even stronger, but with the 95's, that does not look to be the case, as Sting Royal 95 is currently 5th in D-I. I wonder if Sting 95 (1st in D-I) added players, too?
Muffin Man
Muffin Man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 17/04/12, 04:40 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

Interesting. Same coach (BB) for both teams. Regarding the 97's, they made their top non-ECNL team even stronger, but with the 95's, that does not look to be the case, as Sting Royal 95 is currently 5th in D-I. I wonder if Sting 95 (1st in D-I) added players, too?

Sting 96 is the same... 4 new adds on the roster, all 4 are ECNL players. Sitting at 22 players now.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 17/04/12, 04:52 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

Gotsoccer doesn't show the roster for Sting 95. Just a team picture.

justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Elk 17/04/12, 09:15 pm

Elk wrote:My two cents and I certainly don't claim to know or have the answers.

I have a dd on Sting ECNL, a younger one that plays for Solar and a younger one that plays for the Purple Puppies so that is my bias. I can't answer nor do I know what is going on with the older girls at Sting.

I don't know of any 97 players (GK's are dual rostered) being asked to play on another team for State Cup.

My perception is that this is not happening on the 96 team either as they are short on players due to injuries and recently moved a 97 player up. They are concerned about injuries so I don't believe there will be movement for State Cup.

I was totally wrong Embarassed . Nope, I did not have the answers at all.
Elk
Elk
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KZap05 17/04/12, 11:42 pm

golgolgol wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

Sting 96 is the same... 4 new adds on the roster, all 4 are ECNL players. Sitting at 22 players now.

Looks like Solar Chelsea 96 (formerly Solar Blue) is now at 22 with 3 new players from their ECNL roster...
KZap05
KZap05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 18/04/12, 08:29 am

KZap05 wrote:
golgolgol wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

Looks like Solar Chelsea 96 (formerly Solar Blue) is now at 22 with 3 new players from their ECNL roster...

HOw do you see the rosters of other teams?

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KZap05 18/04/12, 08:57 am

imabee wrote:
KZap05 wrote:
golgolgol wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

HOw do you see the rosters of other teams?

Most rosters are listed on the gotsoccer website.

http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?teamid=36051
KZap05
KZap05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontheball 18/04/12, 09:22 am

KZap05 wrote:
golgolgol wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

Those 3 players are the same 3 that Solar put on that roster over a year ago when the whole who gets the Solar ECNL spot first arose.

ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 18/04/12, 12:05 pm

Elk wrote:
Elk wrote:My two cents and I certainly don't claim to know or have the answers.

I was totally wrong Embarassed . Nope, I did not have the answers at all.

Elk, without divulging much, what would you say was 'the point' for this decision? What was the main selling issue, especially for ECNL dds?

Can this be a precursor for sliding out (for lack of the better term) some ECNL players to a lower team?

I don't think just winning State Cup will make a cut, as the same players might not be available for Regionals/Nationals due to ECNL schedules.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KZap05 18/04/12, 04:43 pm

KZap05 wrote:
golgolgol wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Roster is now at 22

Weird, now the Solar Chelsea 96 (formerly Solar Blue) Gotsoccer roster is at 25 with 6 players from the ECNL team.
KZap05
KZap05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next