North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Final Human Spring Rankings Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Final Human Spring Rankings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Human Spring Rankings Empty Final Human Spring Rankings

Post by BumpyPitch 16/04/12, 03:27 pm

1. SRSA - unstoppable, averaged 8+ goals per game and seemed to not even let the dogs loose.

Big Gap

2a. Dallas Texans South - excellent "D", organized and well coached.
2b. Sting Scarfone - Physical and classic Scarfone direct style of play, Big Blue has a bright future.
4. Sting Mendoza - Lots of 'inter-club sharing', but a solid team.
5. Juventus - hiding in SDL, Spring Tournaments are upcoming, will see if SDL served them well or not?
6a. Cosmos Black - finished the Spring season on the rise, playing TGPL really helped the group.
6b. Fever Black 03 - Spring Tournaments are here to show they deserve to be in 6th.
8. FC Dallas Premier - Big Team looking good, good athletes
9. Sting West - Great coach, looking to add a few more players to round out the roster.
10. Liverpool Keegan - new players appears to be the top Liverpool team.

11-15 - Teams to watch - Liverpool Dalglish, Polaris Curial, DT Hernandez, Solar Chelsea Canevari, Feet-Colon

16-20 - Could change on any given weekend.

End of Season Thoughts:

Best League - TGPL Gold, would love to get the Top 10 in the league in the Fall
Best Team - The class of the age group is SRSA, special players and will hopefully hold up like the 95 Sting and 99 Texans teams. Not many teams can dominate and continue to get better. Rumor has it that Solca is getting involved much sooner than usual.
Dallas Texans North 03 - Rodrick Scott and Ali - building a dream team? what is on the horizon? will the DTS players be involved?
What happened to Feet, prominent ECNL team/club now falling in the age group?
Big Blue - who will emerge as the top coach, Scarfone, Mendoza or will Rezai be introduced to the age group?
Liverpool - out of the 80+ teams will they consolidate to make one good team, if so who coaches Pulpanek?
Polaris, Fever and FCD - will they be able to hold on to their players this Spring/Summer?

One year out and lots of drama ahead...

BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Final Human Spring Rankings Empty Re: Final Human Spring Rankings

Post by outonthelimb 16/04/12, 06:35 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:

Did you mean inter-club or intra-club above? Just checking.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 17/04/12, 08:06 am

No I meant "inter", as Mendoza will be leaving for the Big Red Machine or somewhere else as he won't play second fiddle to SS.

Inter - defined as between or among two bodies

Intra - defined as within
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 17/04/12, 08:38 am

Nice grammar - and insight!

Drama is a brewing, you can just feel it... Shocked
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan88 17/04/12, 09:01 am

BumpyPitch wrote:No I meant "inter", as Mendoza will be leaving for the Big Red Machine or somewhere else as he won't play second fiddle to SS.

So I can take it as you and Mendoza are close freinds and you have the inside track as where he/or team is going? Shocked

soccerfan88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic! 17/04/12, 09:31 am

Today, I'm grateful my dd is on a solid team with great kids, awesome coach, supporting parents, in a drama free environment (mostly)....I hope we can avoid the delusional mass shuffle of parents trying to position their snowflake on a "locked in D1 team". I'm thinking this summer will be full of shopping trips for lots of folks.
Magic!
Magic!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 17/04/12, 09:37 am

How did you know we are freinds(nice spelling by the way)? jocolor

Way off target SoccerFan88 - no dog in the fight just a thought provoking forum poster who loves the game and really likes drama! affraid

Why else would you be on here?

Actually good information and real people with their real names? Not a chance everyone hides behind a screen name or two and throws verbal bom at one another until someone's feelings get hurt and others laugh at it!lol! Others post scores and rankings for fun and toss their thoughts back and forth, some well thought out, some out of haste and some out of anger once their team has been slighted. Take what you want from each post, or don't. It is all quite comical and well fun too! You might find a nugget on here if you look and study real close. No
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by farposter 17/04/12, 11:52 am

I guess it's fine to have final rankings for the teams in TGPL, but EAL and PTCL still have games to play. I realize that primarily impacts the rankings from 9 on down.

As for which teams are teams to watch, I still think Vitesse is overlooked. Here are the PTCL standings so far this spring:

TeamWLTGFGAPts
Fever Black 03 Girls50021 0315
Vitesse Dallas 03 51 0 19 04 15
GSSC Thunder Black3 3 0 11 11 09
Legacy FC 33 011 1609
03G DT FTW - Hernandez2 22 14 09 08
Solar Chelsea 03G Canevari2 2 1 10 09 07
Odyssey 03G Blue1 4 1 12 14 04
Fever 03 Girls Red0 60 02 34 00

farposter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 17/04/12, 02:17 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:No I meant "inter", as Mendoza will be leaving for the Big Red Machine or somewhere else as he won't play second fiddle to SS.

You realize that that statement makes absolutely no sense at all right? What does inter club sharing (meaning sharing players between two or more clubs....not other Sting teams) have to do with Mendoza leaving for the Big Red Machine?

For the record there is no inter club sharing of players between Sting Mendoza and the Big Red Machine. Please tie inter club sharing by Mendoza and leaving Sting for the Big Red Machine together for me please. I'm hanging on your words and looking for the connection that I'm missing...

I would like to put some stock in your ranking but when you go so far off course with the commentary it calls all of your judgement into question. How can anyone trust that you have insight if your commentary doesn't line up. It means you really don't know what is going on ....

Perhaps you were just trying to stir the pot and I applaud that as it makes the forum more entertaining.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MentallyDrained 17/04/12, 02:33 pm

outonthelimb wrote:

You realize that that statement makes absolutely no sense at all right? What does inter club sharing (meaning sharing players between two or more clubs....not other Sting teams) have to do with Mendoza leaving for the Big Red Machine?

For the record there is no inter club sharing of players between Sting Mendoza and the Big Red Machine. Please tie inter club sharing by Mendoza and leaving Sting for the Big Red Machine together for me please. I'm hanging on your words and looking for the connection that I'm missing...

I would like to put some stock in your ranking but when you go so far off course with the commentary it calls all of your judgement into question. How can anyone trust that you have insight if your commentary doesn't line up. It means you really don't know what is going on ....

Perhaps you were just trying to stir the pot and I applaud that as it makes the forum more entertaining.

AMEN!!!

MentallyDrained
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 17/04/12, 03:57 pm

[quote="BumpyPitch"]1. SRSA - unstoppable, averaged 8+ goals per game and seemed to not even let the dogs loose.

Big Gap

2a. Dallas Texans South - excellent "D", organized and well coached.
2b. Sting Scarfone - Physical and classic Scarfone direct style of play, Big Blue has a bright future.
5. Juventus - hiding in SDL, Spring Tournaments are upcoming, will see if SDL served them well or not?
6a. Cosmos Black - finished the Spring season on the rise, playing TGPL really helped the group.
6b. Fever Black 03 - Spring Tournaments are here to show they deserve to be in 6th.
8. FC Dallas Premier - Big Team looking good, good athletes
9. Sting West - Great coach, looking to add a few more players to round out the roster.
10. Liverpool Keegan - new players appears to be the top Liverpool team.

11-15 - Teams to watch - Liverpool Dalglish, Polaris Curial, DT Hernandez, Solar Chelsea Canevari, Feet-Colon

16-20 - Could change on any given weekend.

/quote]

I agree with your 2a and 2b rankings.

My question is what has happened to DTS this season? This team had no direction on the offensive side of the ball. The 2 defenders made the game, but they had no chance to score. The closest I saw DTS to making an offensive play was on the corner kicks. When the coach finally pulled the blonde defender up to the top, she finally got some offensive pressure on Sting. SOME!! Has DTS lost players or is their style of game exposed on the bigger 11v11 field? This team has always been regarded (by me and everyone else)above and beyond the 2nd best team in the '03 class, but I have to say the gap has shut down.

Sting/Searles: With or without the golden goal rule, this team beat DTS. The closest they allowed DTS was a shot on goal that hit the bar. Sting too had a few mishaps during the last game, but showed up as a better "team" than DTS overall. Sting held to their structure, capitalized on a few passes, players looked up for the next play. Defenders got a little sloppy at times and would not clear a ball properly, but I would consider nerves during a big game to blame for that.

If I am buying stock, I am selling my shares of DTS and going in on Sting based on this Spring's showing.

1. SRSA:
2a. Sting Scarfone: On the rise. Should be proud of the way they finished the Spring season.
2b. DTS: Where o where have they gone?
4. Sting Mendoza: Will maintain this spot for a while, but will any rumors hold true?
5. Fever Black: This team will be in this spot for a while until they can get on the bigger field. They already have scoring threats and good defenders.
6a. FCD Premier: This team is really coming together. The girls are athletic, and just seem to go out on the field and have a great time. This is a direct reflection on how they are coached and how the parents treat the games. Keep it together and great things will happen.
6b. Juve: I have always looked at this team as the rising star and was going to be a force to be reckoned with. Not so sure on that anymore. Hope to see them soon in the upcoming tourneys and playing on the big field.
7. Cosmos Black: This is another team like FCD. Professional coach and parents. This team will continue to maintain their top 6-10 rankings. Just not sure they can leap frog in to top 5.
8. Polaris Curiel: Played solid soccer in TGPL. Traded punches with all top 10 teams and kept on rolling. Only hiccup is the loss to Sting West...... lol! Don't take it personal, I am kidding!
9. Vitesse Dallas: Looks to be the 2nd best team out of Prime Time and certainly gets kuddos on here. Solid victories.
10a. Solar Chelsea Canevari: Great coach and great parents. Talk to Ray or any of his former/current players in the older age groups. This coach knows how to have a special connection with a player. His players just [b]want
to play better because of Ray.
10b. Texans FTW-Hernandez: Solid team and looks to be playing consistent ball in Prime Time. Losses appear to be against teams ranked higher than them.
10c. Legacy FC: When you have a good coach and great parents to support the team structure, you get kuddos from me. Keep up the good work coaches and your team will continue to rise.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 17/04/12, 10:12 pm

jj4mel wrote:

4. Sting Mendoza: Will maintain this spot for a while, but will any rumors hold true?

Darn it ... I hate when you guys know things before I do.

Check my avatar to the left and you will see that my daughter and her teammates received new uniforms at practice today. Some of them refused to put it on so they kept their blues for this practice only but they will adjust over time.

Life comes at you fast...here we go again.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 17/04/12, 10:51 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Check my avatar to the left and you will see that my daughter and her teammates received new uniforms at practice today. Some of them refused to put it on so they kept their blues for this practice only but they will adjust over time.

Heard through the "03 Grapevine" that new Texans team had a lot of Sting Blue tonight.

Nice avatar change, but I thought the DD was a die hard #12. Avatar seems to look she went to single digit, did the Big Red Machine already have a #12?

[b]
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 17/04/12, 11:04 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Heard through the "03 Grapevine" that new Texans team had a lot of Sting Blue tonight.

Nice avatar change, but I thought the DD was a die hard #12. Avatar seems to look she went to single digit, did the Big Red Machine already have a #12?

[b]
We were the first ones at practice. The DD thought that was a sign and decided on #1....or at least that's the story she told her siblings when they called her a sell out. However, the real story is that when I looked through the used uniform pile I didn't see #12. The new coach said to just be happy with what is in the pile because they were free and in the fall everyone in the club has to buy new uniforms so it was no use to invest in a uniform just for the summer...I agree with her/the new coach.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 18/04/12, 08:26 am

outonthelimb wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

[b]
We were the first ones at practice. The DD thought that was a sign and decided on #1....or at least that's the story she told her siblings when they called her a sell out. However, the real story is that when I looked through the used uniform pile I didn't see #12. The new coach said to just be happy with what is in the pile because they were free and in the fall everyone in the club has to buy new uniforms so it was no use to invest in a uniform just for the summer...I agree with her/the new coach.

Well said. Are they still looking for any players or did they finally get it done?
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 10:07 am

I wished they had a later time, 4pm is just too early for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy4Academy 18/04/12, 10:09 am

outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Did all of the Mendoza players move over or just a few girls? The kids look good in red!

Crazy4Academy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaskedWriter 18/04/12, 10:28 am

Crazy4Academy wrote:Did all of the Mendoza players move over or just a few girls? The kids look good in red!

Along those lines, will this essentially be the same club or some super-club created out of the best-of-the-best with DT South?

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 18/04/12, 10:40 am

I ain't buying this story Evil or Very Mad
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 18/04/12, 11:33 am

Crazy4Academy wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Did all of the Mendoza players move over or just a few girls? The kids look good in red!
No, only my car pool which is 3-4 players and the coach's daughter. The other parents and the coach are holding out for a better deal. The gas card, my very own parking space next to Clint Dempsey's at Ross Stewart, a nike uniform and joining a club with EPL ties was good enough for me. My daughter was an easy sell because she's fed up with having to give up her Sting Soccer ball to her older sister when she forgets to bring hers to practice.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 18/04/12, 03:23 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

[b]

Uhmmm, avatar looks like someone entirely different... tongue
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 18/04/12, 03:47 pm

soccer315 wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

[b]

Uhmmm, avatar looks like someone entirely different... tongue
Wha chu talkin bout Willis? That avatar is my DD in a Dallas Texans Academy uniform.... If it is not then someone has some 'plaining to do because I've been screaming at the top of my lungs, funding, and chauffeuring someone else's kid for years now. I want restitution!
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 18/04/12, 03:53 pm

Crazy4Academy wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Don't you people have anything better to do?

Mendoza is more than happy to fly under the radar at Sting and let the other team take all the pressure to win, while he calmly works on actual player development..... As opposed to ruthless player recruitment, which other Sting coaches at this age have been known to focus on to build teams.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 18/04/12, 03:59 pm

Header wrote:
Crazy4Academy wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Don't you people have anything better to do?

Mendoza is more than happy to fly under the radar at Sting and let the other team take all the pressure to win, while he calmly works on actual player development..... As opposed to ruthless player recruitment, which other Sting coaches at this age have been known to focus on to build teams.

Sorry.... I can't let this one get by. I don't know you....I hope. We (the Mendoza parents...I'm speaking for us all) don't bash intra-club coaches or teams. From what I can see all the Sting coaches are developing players and recruiting. Some are more overt about it than others but they are all doing it.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 18/04/12, 05:35 pm

Today's fun is over.... I've received several PMs asking me if I were serious that Mendoza was moving. Most people got it...and some didn't :-) The picture is my older DD from years ago.

It was a joke people...I was just feeding the rumor beast that Bumpy created. All is well in Sting Mendoza world.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum