North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Nightmare sports parents? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Nightmare sports parents?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nightmare sports parents? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nightmare sports parents?

Post by OldSoccerMom 06/05/12, 07:12 pm

Flash23 wrote:Seems like NTX Soccer adults are acting role models all over the area. Fighting in the parking lot, condoning unsportsmanlike behavior and players illegally attacking each other on the field.
Sounds like a roller derby exhibition.
Exclamation

No. This is girls soccer. There are way more girl "punks" than in boys soccer, and the girls' parents are, generally, idiots. When the aformentioned manager said "girls will be girls", he was right. I'll add, girls parents will be girls parents, with regards to both the TFC '01 fight, and the parent above who is upset about what happened in the game. In the "real" world, one could say, if you don't like it, then do something about it. North Texas Girls Soccer is not the real world, so if you don't like it, tough s#!@.

OldSoccerMom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rollstogether 06/05/12, 10:28 pm

ballhead wrote:
rollstogether wrote:Or you can be the parent that justifies your player sucker punching an opponent player in the ribcage so hard that the player gets the wind knocked out of her leaving fist bruising pattern when the ball in NOT in play... Justification from the parent "Your kid deserved it because she was pushing. There is no pushing or use of elbows in soccer".

Yes, let's congratulate the player for exhibiting poor sportsmanship on the field and reinforce to her that assaulting another player on the field when the ball isn't even in play is absolutely acceptable because your team isn't winning.

And hats off to the Coach that hugged & apologized to the child because she got red carded and not once checking on the injured child or have your player apologize for this misconduct.

Kudos to their team manager who said " Girls will be girls".

Call me old-fashioned though. As a parent, it is my personal responsibility to have removed my player immediately from the field before the ref had a chance to pull the red card. Personally, I don't tolerate that from my dd nor from any of her teammates but I am just silly that way, hmmm.

Very disappointed with the adults in this situation as they are the ones responsible for molding this player's ideation of what is acceptable and not on/off the field.

But then again.... my player deserved it. Mad

Yep, that will show 'em. You storming out on the pitch in the middle of the match to drag your dd off. Maybe a wee bit over the top?

Didn't mean it as taken.... if my player pulled something like that, it has been my experience the coach benches the player for poor sportsmanship. As a parent, I want the coach to pull my player off the pitch if: pouting, poor play, or poor attitude. Player receives the stern "Coach" talk and is provided a moment to reflect on the bench which is awful with subsequent lesson learned.

Allow me to clarify..... Green team going to throw in the ball. Receiving green player awaiting. Red team player steps in front of green team player to get to the ball when it does gets thrown in. Green team player decides to push red team player in the mid back from behind with her elbow. Red team player pushes her arm back to gain space. Green team player punches red player so hard in her ribcage that it knocks the wind out of her. (A bruise in the shape of green team player's fist remains markedly present on day 2 with ongoing soft tissue pain).

Red team mom is obviously upset runs to the sideline to see if her player is ok because dd is on all fours grasping for air when Green team mother says " SHE DESERVED TO BE PUNCHED FOR THE ELBOW" without making any effort to check on the injured child or question the actions of her player. In this alarmed state followed by blaming the hurt child does not make for a reasonable situation.

Please define the parameters in which it is acceptable to physically assault another player especially when the ball is not actively in play on the field..... when the person receiving the punch has her back turned and cannot even defend herself.

We have all been there when a team is behind on the board and the game becomes increasingly physical. Crap happens when mixed with fatigue, heat, & competition then add a touch of emerging hormones.

Not calling anyone out. Not trying to stir any pots here. Not claiming that every action between both players during the course of the game was under microscope.... just evaluating the one moment in which another player was punched. In a forum such as this, I was hoping to gain some veteran advice and a reasonable conversation in regards to an accountability chain.

Collectively as parents, coaches, referees are we saying this kind of conduct is acceptable? If so, how do we establish a sliding scale to weigh the player's inability to regulate their emotions on the field with adequate discipline measures?

This is not a one sided inquiry just on the behalf of my dd but for the other players on her team. I adore them as my own. I seek a logic tree that I can follow to protect these children because if the professionals I entrust these precious athletes to cannot or will not protect them on the field then I need to find a quality solution to insure their safety. That is the bottom line.

rollstogether
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/05/12, 11:09 pm

There are way more girl "punks" than in boys soccer, and the girls' parents are, generally, idiots.

i agree. we took several 03 girls to watch a 98 game to get them excited about select.. i saw many cheap shot elbows, pushes and my favorite a keeper and another girl duking it out on the ground, pulling hair and both got ejected. we left after that I was so ashamed to have brought my excited daughter to see what she could play in if she worked hard-select soccer. "Dad will girls punch me and act that way when I'm in select?" i mumbled no but felt like i had just robbed my girl of her innocence. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 06/05/12, 11:17 pm

rollstogether wrote:
ballhead wrote:
rollstogether wrote:Or you can be the parent that justifies your player sucker punching an opponent player in the ribcage so hard that the player gets the wind knocked out of her leaving fist bruising pattern when the ball in NOT in play... Justification from the parent "Your kid deserved it because she was pushing. There is no pushing or use of elbows in soccer".

Yes, let's congratulate the player for exhibiting poor sportsmanship on the field and reinforce to her that assaulting another player on the field when the ball isn't even in play is absolutely acceptable because your team isn't winning.

And hats off to the Coach that hugged & apologized to the child because she got red carded and not once checking on the injured child or have your player apologize for this misconduct.

Call me old-fashioned though. As a parent, it is my personal responsibility to have removed my player immediately from the field before the ref had a chance to pull the red card. Personally, I don't tolerate that from my dd nor from any of her teammates but I am just silly that way, hmmm.

Very disappointed with the adults in this situation as they are the ones responsible for molding this player's ideation of what is acceptable and not on/off the field.

Yep, that will show 'em. You storming out on the pitch in the middle of the match to drag your dd off. Maybe a wee bit over the top?

Didn't mean it as taken.... if my player pulled something like that, it has been my experience the coach benches the player for poor sportsmanship. As a parent, I want the coach to pull my player off the pitch if: pouting, poor play, or poor attitude. Player receives the stern "Coach" talk and is provided a moment to reflect on the bench which is awful with subsequent lesson learned.

Allow me to clarify..... Green team going to throw in the ball. Receiving green player awaiting. Red team player steps in front of green team player to get to the ball when it does gets thrown in. Green team player decides to push red team player in the mid back from behind with her elbow. Red team player pushes her arm back to gain space. Green team player punches red player so hard in her ribcage that it knocks the wind out of her. (A bruise in the shape of green team player's fist remains markedly present on day 2 with ongoing soft tissue pain).

Red team mom is obviously upset runs to the sideline to see if her player is ok because dd is on all fours grasping for air when Green team mother says " SHE DESERVED TO BE PUNCHED FOR THE ELBOW" without making any effort to check on the injured child or question the actions of her player. In this alarmed state followed by blaming the hurt child does not make for a reasonable situation.

Please define the parameters in which it is acceptable to physically assault another player especially when the ball is not actively in play on the field..... when the person receiving the punch has her back turned and cannot even defend herself.

We have all been there when a team is behind on the board and the game becomes increasingly physical. Crap happens when mixed with fatigue, heat, & competition then add a touch of emerging hormones.

Not calling anyone out. Not trying to stir any pots here. Not claiming that every action between both players during the course of the game was under microscope.... just evaluating the one moment in which another player was punched. In a forum such as this, I was hoping to gain some veteran advice and a reasonable conversation in regards to an accountability chain.

Collectively as parents, coaches, referees are we saying this kind of conduct is acceptable? If so, how do we establish a sliding scale to weigh the player's inability to regulate their emotions on the field with adequate discipline measures?

This is not a one sided inquiry just on the behalf of my dd but for the other players on her team. I adore them as my own. I seek a logic tree that I can follow to protect these children because if the professionals I entrust these precious athletes to cannot or will not protect them on the field then I need to find a quality solution to insure their safety. That is the bottom line.

Don't know how to take it any other way, your statement was pretty unambiguous "As a parent, it is my personal responsibility to have removed my player immediately from the field before the ref had a chance to pull the red card."

Your post isn't really all that inviting to a discussion, "Please define the parameters in which it is acceptable to physically assault another player especially when the ball is not actively in play on the field..... when the person receiving the punch has her back turned and cannot even defend herself." My guess is there won't be many that will give you any acceptable parameters, because we all know there aren't any.

The truth of the matter is that you only control your own dd (and even then only to a certain extent). There will always be teams that play a physical style that borders (or even crosses the line) on violent play, clips, elbows, shoves from the back, etc. Not much you can do about that, other than to teach your dd how to react to it.

I think most teams try to play decent soccer, but it does seem like almost every division has a team that plays "that way", or has a player or two that have a barely controllable temper. My own dd has been slugged by another player. Fortunately, she didn't connect hard, but it wasn't for lack of trying. In my experience, eventually, either the system wears them out, or they mellow out.

As they get older, they seem to learn it doesn't get them what they want. Sometimes being overly violent actually takes them out of the play, then their own team is mad at them, and getting carded enough gets to them. Usually, I say, but not always.

You can always change teams to one that plays in a different league or division, but you'll probably run into another team that does the same thing.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rollstogether 06/05/12, 11:24 pm

OldSoccerMom wrote:
Flash23 wrote:Seems like NTX Soccer adults are acting role models all over the area. Fighting in the parking lot, condoning unsportsmanlike behavior and players illegally attacking each other on the field.
Sounds like a roller derby exhibition.
Exclamation

No. This is girls soccer. There are way more girl "punks" than in boys soccer, and the girls' parents are, generally, idiots. When the aformentioned manager said "girls will be girls", he was right. I'll add, girls parents will be girls parents, with regards to both the TFC '01 fight, and the parent above who is upset about what happened in the game. In the "real" world, one could say, if you don't like it, then do something about it. North Texas Girls Soccer is not the real world, so if you don't like it, tough s#!@.

So utilizing Real World logic.... Having a bad day at work because things are not going my way despite all my hard efforts. Really need to use the copier to make a dent into my work load but another co-worker is using the copy machine. Frustrated by work and time constraints, I choose to punch her in her side so she will drop her files to free up the copy machine. However, the co-worker is injured. Ambulance & police summoned to the scene. I didn't mean to do it but I let my emotions get the best of me. I made an impulsive decision in the moment causing me to lose my job, my financial security, my freedom and $$.

I am curious if receiving consequences to small incidents as a child would have caused me to hesitate making an error in judgment in that moment; thereby, instilling in me a sense of wrong vs. right or identifying constructive behaviors to funnel this negative energy.

Please understand that I am not being confrontational nor argumentative. I completely agree with many points in your post. Honestly, I am trying to put this incident into perspective because I do firmly believe we are laying the groundwork for moral character and development. We all make mistakes, child & adult alike. We all make slight to large errors in judgment but it also does not negate consequences for those actions. In the real world, we all have choices not always ending with "that feel good feeling" but either way it's your choice so own it.

Don't punch someone when they aren't looking then only cry foul when you get caught... it's cowardly. I believe a common phrase to a down athlete on the field is "Man up"! I believe "Man up" is a harder pill to swallow when being utilized to admit you made a mistake & much more ground breaking towards character development.

Is it the chicken or the egg that came first? Who is accountable? Do we all look away as a community of soccer fans because we are too apathetic to come together in a proactive measure to protect our athletes, not just that one or that one or because they are with that club or that club but for all of them?

rollstogether
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 07/05/12, 12:06 am

rollstogether wrote:
ballhead wrote:

Not sure what you are talking about with this one. The other team did not have a coach at any game. Only players were on their sideline. The team manager was on another field watching her younger child play. She came over from the other field - after the incident - when she heard the commotion and saw the sidelines getting out of control. She did go over and hug and try to comfort the ejected girl who was very upset and sobbing on the sidelines.

Emotions may be clouding some perspective. Same person you referenced above as being the coach. Taken way out of context. Part of a conversation well after the game with a red parent who came over to her and apologized (kind of) for their behavior after the incident.

Personal responsibility doesn't only apply if your daughter is carded for her behavior.

I imagine the bruise is similar to the multiple elbow sized bruises on the other girl's back. Both players involved were wrong in this incident. The red player was constantly hitting the green player in the back. After another uncalled elbow in the back, the green player spins around at hits the red girl back. This type of retaliation is not to be tolerated. And it wasn't. The girl was immediately ejected and her parents dealt with the situation afterwards.

The "quoted" statement is different from the "quote" in your earlier post so not sure what you actually heard. Regardless, something along those lines was said - after the girl had already been attended to - in response to the continuous verbal barrage from the red parents. Once again, poor judgment from both sides.

Hard to defend against elbows in the back as well. Both girls were wrong. Hopefully everyone involved will learn something from this experience.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rollstogether 07/05/12, 12:20 am

ballhead wrote:
rollstogether wrote:
ballhead wrote:

Don't know how to take it any other way, your statement was pretty unambiguous "As a parent, it is my personal responsibility to have removed my player immediately from the field before the ref had a chance to pull the red card."

Your post isn't really all that inviting to a discussion, "Please define the parameters in which it is acceptable to physically assault another player especially when the ball is not actively in play on the field..... when the person receiving the punch has her back turned and cannot even defend herself." My guess is there won't be many that will give you any acceptable parameters, because we all know there aren't any.

The truth of the matter is that you only control your own dd (and even then only to a certain extent). There will always be teams that play a physical style that borders (or even crosses the line) on violent play, clips, elbows, shoves from the back, etc. Not much you can do about that, other than to teach your dd how to react to it.

I think most teams try to play decent soccer, but it does seem like almost every division has a team that plays "that way", or has a player or two that have a barely controllable temper. My own dd has been slugged by another player. Fortunately, she didn't connect hard, but it wasn't for lack of trying. In my experience, eventually, either the system wears them out, or they mellow out.

As they get older, they seem to learn it doesn't get them what they want. Sometimes being overly violent actually takes them out of the play, then their own team is mad at them, and getting carded enough gets to them. Usually, I say, but not always.

You can always change teams to one that plays in a different league or division, but you'll probably run into another team that does the same thing.

So you know that when an older age division team is losing to a younger age division team during a game that the intensity of that game two folds quickly.

Please understand that I am simply using the forum to "vent" my frustrations, irritations, etc with a group of other Select Soccer parents.

rollstogether
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rollstogether 07/05/12, 01:32 am

LHD wrote:
rollstogether wrote:
ballhead wrote:

Not sure what you are talking about with this one. The other team did not have a coach at any game. Only players were on their sideline. The team manager was on another field watching her younger child play. She came over from the other field - after the incident - when she heard the commotion and saw the sidelines getting out of control. She did go over and hug and try to comfort the ejected girl who was very upset and sobbing on the sidelines.

Emotions may be clouding some perspective. Same person you referenced above as being the coach. Taken way out of context. Part of a conversation well after the game with a red parent who came over to her and apologized (kind of) for their behavior after the incident.

Personal responsibility doesn't only apply if your daughter is carded for her behavior.

I imagine the bruise is similar to the multiple elbow sized bruises on the other girl's back. Both players involved were wrong in this incident. The red player was constantly hitting the green player in the back. After another uncalled elbow in the back, the green player spins around at hits the red girl back. This type of retaliation is not to be tolerated. And it wasn't. The girl was immediately ejected and her parents dealt with the situation afterwards.

Not in any disagreement that if you don't stand your ground on the field that you have to show some alpha behavior otherwise you will get eaten alive. The sequence of events that I saw: Red player gets in front of green player. Green player pushes her lateral right forearm into the mid thoracic region of red player's back. Followed by red player swinging her right arm into approximately 100 degrees of horizontal abduction with her elbow in 90 degrees of flexion and full forearm pronation to secure her space in front of the player. Green player then lateral bends to her right into a partial squat then closed fist punched red player while her right upper extremity is still in the air striking her right fist into her ribs 4-6. Soft tissue presence and subcutaneous fat differential between back and lateral rib cage is significantly different. Therefore, the amount of force to the posterior side from said elbow would require a significant amount of force and grandiose gross motor movements to cause soft tissue trauma as you describe. If you will PM me with pictures of the player's injuries, I will utilize as a visual tool to discipline my player. Furthermore, I will PM you the results of her radiographic studies tomorrow. This is an outstanding opportunity for all of us to learn how our actions negatively impact another persons well being. Thank you for being open to this exchange.

My dd is utilizing KT tape for rib pain as well as re-directing the lymph fluid to her axillary lymph nodes for swelling management which can be purchased at WalMart or Academy in the sports section not the band-aid area. It has instructions in the box or you can utilize their website for taping techniques if your player is in any discomfort. You can get it wet so it's great to provide support and manage pain while bathing or even when sweating away at practice. Plus it comes in awesome colors!

The "quoted" statement is different from the "quote" in your earlier post so not sure what you actually heard. Regardless, something along those lines was said - after the girl had already been attended to - in response to the continuous verbal barrage from the red parents. Once again, poor judgment from both sides.

The content remains the same irregardless of the sequence. Red player deserved being sucker punched because she was elbowing which was not called by the referee which in and of itself means nothing since many calls can be missed. Honestly, I can tell you that I only heard comments from the person in a melon colored shirt because she was continuously informing me that dd deserved the punch, no elbows or pushing is part of soccer and if her back was injured she shouldn't be on the field. My response to this was she was cleared for soccer play but not for boxing. Any other interactions I cannot account for because I made the decision that a representative from the tournament needed to be present because you are right the sideline was intense. In an effort, to prevent any physical altercations, this measure was implemented. Sounds like that was at least one good idea. If you wish to share with me any regulations that approve this type of soccer play, please I am open to all opportunities for learning.

Hard to defend against elbows in the back as well. Both girls were wrong. Hopefully everyone involved will learn something from this experience.

Shocked As Melon lady informed me, "if she can't handle it she shouldn't be out there". Maybe we all should consider drinking that cup of Kool-Aid. It would certainly seem that both sides need to evaluate our player's ability to "hang" on the pitch.

From earlier feedback, "Real World" lessons would indicate that if an object is in your back you move to the right or to the left. I will be talking with my dd regarding the elbows. Again, the more details your player can provide will improve my ability to call my dd to the carpet regarding what you have indicated. Again, its time for us to learn from these unfortunate moments.

Furthermore, I can PM the player jersey numbers that wished my dd harm as she played in her subsequent game as they walked past me going back to the tent while your other team took the field. I could not tell which of your players were calling me names from under the sportbrella while watching a younger red team championship game later in the afternoon as I picked up garbage from the fields since they called me names then ducked back into the sportbrella. However, there were two young ladies that were quite pleasant when inquiring about our girls score for the last game. Demonstrated excellent manners by saying excuse me, thank you, etc. I even giggled at one of them in how she repeated the score to her teammates... never heard it put that way... very cute!

While I remain challenged in the logic tree for the equality of events, I concede that as mothers we will protect our young and for that I appreciate your feedback. I will have a long discussion with my dd for further clarification.

At the end of the day, the pool winner was an academy team with no subs. Pretty impressive group of girls that I really enjoyed watching play.

rollstogether
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 07/05/12, 07:10 am

There is a difference between physicality and brutality. I have seen it myself and heard parents congratulate their DD for the kill. My own DD has faced it and was out of play for weeks after a shove from behind that caused her a hip injury. My granddaughter is aggressive at going for the ball, but she knows the line not to cross. Once I have seen her elbow back in an indoor game when the other player kept elbowing her in the side. She got the card because she was the one seen doing it. We talked about it and I talked to her about how to handle the situation without having to resort to the same play.

My feeling has always been that if a player (or team) feels they have to brutalize the opponent it is because that team isn't as capable at playing well on the soccer field so they have to muscle their way to a win. I agree that as the teams progress, the muscle teams will start to fade because skill eventually triumphs.

I wish that all leagues were harder on extreme physicality, but when you have teams and parents that want to win at all costs, it is hard to stop. Most of the players on these teams do what they do to please their coaches and their parents. Rather like the professional athletes who are given bounties to take out opponent players - these girls are pushed to take out opponents however they can. So, I am afraid that the only way to change the team is to change the coaches and parents. Maybe that is the solution! If the girls keep playing with brutality, the parents and coaches have to be exchanged with new parents and coach with neutral substitutes. cheers

InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman 07/05/12, 12:34 pm

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 07/05/12, 12:43 pm

Personally, I'd have punched the hysterical screeching woman. That would have been justified.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 07/05/12, 12:54 pm

stillyuk wrote:Personally, I'd have punched the hysterical screeching woman. That would have been justified.
lol!
No youth sports video can be considered complete without a frantic mom in the background screaming herself into a heart attack.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 07/05/12, 01:08 pm

I don't know what the big deal is about the screeching woman. I heard at least 10 just like her on the sidelines yesterday. affraid
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferse 07/05/12, 01:10 pm

ralfdallas wrote:Great article: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more-family-fun/201202/what-makes-nightmare-sports-parent

I used to be a lot guiltier than I am of late. How about you?

I agree, we've all been that parent....but I hope after reading this, some of us will calm down a bit..I know I will!!

Very Happy
jenniferse
jenniferse
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 07/05/12, 01:10 pm

Gunner9 wrote:I don't know what the big deal is about the screeching woman. I heard at least 10 just like her on the sidelines yesterday. affraid

I know what turns Mr. Hand into Mr. Fist.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 07/05/12, 01:13 pm

InaB wrote:There is a difference between physicality and brutality.

When my kid is doing the dishing it's physicality. When she's the one getting popped it's brutality. I sure wish refs would learn to tell the difference.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TruDeezy15 07/05/12, 01:34 pm

what did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!
TruDeezy15
TruDeezy15
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 07/05/12, 02:06 pm

fourfourtwo wrote:
InaB wrote:There is a difference between physicality and brutality.

When my kid is doing the dishing it's physicality. When she's the one getting popped it's brutality. I sure wish refs would learn to tell the difference.

cheers
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 07/05/12, 09:34 pm

Meow.

Nightmare sports parents? - Page 2 Sports11

Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 08/05/12, 05:52 pm

rollstogether wrote:The content remains the same irregardless of the sequence. Red player deserved being sucker punched because she was elbowing which was not called by the referee which in and of itself means nothing since many calls can be missed. Honestly, I can tell you that I only heard comments from the person in a melon colored shirt because she was continuously informing me that dd deserved the punch, no elbows or pushing is part of soccer and if her back was injured she shouldn't be on the field. My response to this was she was cleared for soccer play but not for boxing. Any other interactions I cannot account for because I made the decision that a representative from the tournament needed to be present because you are right the sideline was intense. In an effort, to prevent any physical altercations, this measure was implemented. Sounds like that was at least one good idea. If you wish to share with me any regulations that approve this type of soccer play, please I am open to all opportunities for learning.

Trying so hard to sound intelligent and you whip out irregardless making those of us with an education giggle.

The prefix ir- (i-r) is a negative prefix, so if you add the prefix ir to a word that's already negative like regardless, you're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard.”
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 08/05/12, 09:16 pm

RosiePalms wrote:
rollstogether wrote:The content remains the same irregardless of the sequence. Red player deserved being sucker punched because she was elbowing which was not called by the referee which in and of itself means nothing since many calls can be missed. Honestly, I can tell you that I only heard comments from the person in a melon colored shirt because she was continuously informing me that dd deserved the punch, no elbows or pushing is part of soccer and if her back was injured she shouldn't be on the field. My response to this was she was cleared for soccer play but not for boxing. Any other interactions I cannot account for because I made the decision that a representative from the tournament needed to be present because you are right the sideline was intense. In an effort, to prevent any physical altercations, this measure was implemented. Sounds like that was at least one good idea. If you wish to share with me any regulations that approve this type of soccer play, please I am open to all opportunities for learning.

Trying so hard to sound intelligent and you whip out irregardless making those of us with an education giggle.

The prefix ir- (i-r) is a negative prefix, so if you add the prefix ir to a word that's already negative like regardless, you're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard.”
Irregardless is not generally accepted in written form. Use regardless instead.

coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 08/05/12, 09:24 pm

I was at a tournament lately and a mom kept screaming at a girl calling her a whore. A mother from the other team stormed over and demanded that she apologize for continually calling her daughter a whore. The woman that was abusing the girl on the field spun towards the girl's mother and said " I have Tourette's you c()n+!".
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner than later 08/05/12, 10:43 pm

Sooner than later
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner than later 08/05/12, 10:48 pm

Sooner than later
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 10/05/12, 04:57 am

Sooner than later wrote:
Great scene. That movie had many great moments and lines yet still sucked. Weird deal
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2