2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» What a year
by Cam203030 Today at 04:39 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - February 1-4, 2018
by U90C Today at 04:34 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by musaisaya Today at 03:05 pm

» Quiet Forum
by Zizou Today at 01:49 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by timmyh Yesterday at 04:12 pm

» Sting Dallas 2011 Weigelt
by sting08 Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:43 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:13 am

» GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:50 am

» Triumph 08g North FW, Keller, Roanoke
by Hmeleven Yesterday at 08:37 am

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:26 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:25 pm

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 03:18 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:01 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:00 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 02:59 pm

» Longhorns 3v3 girls 00s
by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 02:31 pm

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 13-14
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:39 am

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:38 am

» 05 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:37 am

» Shooters 2010 Looking to Add players
by Ericsal 13/12/17, 06:49 am

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:36 am

» Texas Spurs 09 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:35 am

» Texas Spurs 08 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:34 am

» Solar 09G Covey-2 teams
by skipper 12/12/17, 10:50 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11462 registered users
The newest registered user is FCTB

Our users have posted a total of 166102 messages in 20918 subjects

ODP regional camp advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ODP regional camp advice

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT on 03/05/12, 01:52 am

DD is a 97, first year ODP pool player. Long story why so late to join, injured 2 years for tryouts and had serious illness another year. All indications are she will be invited to regional camp in Bama but is currently scheduled for jaw surgery in June which would mean missing the camp.

Is it worth the effort to reschedule the surgery to say late May so she could attend regional camp? What are the benefits of the camp? What are the negatives?
avatar
Bicycle Guru-NOT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2173
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Hangin @ Hooters

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by MaggieMaggie on 03/05/12, 06:45 am

Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:DD is a 97, first year ODP pool player. Long story why so late to join, injured 2 years for tryouts and had serious illness another year. All indications are she will be invited to regional camp in Bama but is currently scheduled for jaw surgery in June which would mean missing the camp.

Is it worth the effort to reschedule the surgery to say late May so she could attend regional camp? What are the benefits of the camp? What are the negatives?

If you can postpone and she'll be 100% at camp, go. It will be the hardest she's ever worked but she should return with a great sense of accomplishment. There are also certain coaches who may take a look at her under hard training conditions. On the practical side, it does help her soccer resume too. IMO, the college coaches are still in the habit of looking at ODP on a resume. Again, IMO, ECNL is changing this, but for now, it is still a plus with college coaches on the soccer resume.
avatar
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 461
Points : 3801
Join date : 2009-05-15
Age : 47
Location : East Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by stillyuk on 03/05/12, 08:58 am

Absolutely needs to go. Colleges absolutely note on resume. Agree with Maggie that it's becoming less relevant as ECNL grows, but not dead yet!

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 93
Points : 2819
Join date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Uncle Numanga on 03/05/12, 09:45 am

The best thing about the regional camp is the opportunity to make the regional team. Foreign trips, ODP Thanksgiving regional and meeting girls from all over makes it very worthwhile.
avatar
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 939
Points : 4130
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Grapevine, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Rico_Passe on 03/05/12, 10:20 am

Assuming that jaw surgery is ortho, I would say postpone and go to camp, if daughter is 100%. The opportunities that the experience opens up for a player are very worthwhile.
avatar
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 84
Points : 2772
Join date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Justwatchin98 on 03/05/12, 11:38 am

Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:DD is a 97, first year ODP pool player. Long story why so late to join, injured 2 years for tryouts and had serious illness another year. All indications are she will be invited to regional camp in Bama but is currently scheduled for jaw surgery in June which would mean missing the camp.

Is it worth the effort to reschedule the surgery to say late May so she could attend regional camp? What are the benefits of the camp? What are the negatives?

Hey Guru, before I start sending my dd out to check the mail today....can you tell me when your dd got her letter? Do you know when they were mailed out possibly?
avatar
Justwatchin98
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 3194
Join date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT on 03/05/12, 12:28 pm

BurntOut98 wrote:
Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:DD is a 97, first year ODP pool player. Long story why so late to join, injured 2 years for tryouts and had serious illness another year. All indications are she will be invited to regional camp in Bama but is currently scheduled for jaw surgery in June which would mean missing the camp.

Is it worth the effort to reschedule the surgery to say late May so she could attend regional camp? What are the benefits of the camp? What are the negatives?

Hey Guru, before I start sending my dd out to check the mail today....can you tell me when your dd got her letter? Do you know when they were mailed out possibly?

Have not recieved letter but with surgery looming on the horizon have had some very unofficial and non-commital conversations trying to figure out what we should do. As far as I know they have not mailed any letters yet.
avatar
Bicycle Guru-NOT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2173
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Hangin @ Hooters

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by goalfc on 08/05/12, 08:14 am

Heard letters are being sent out this week

goalfc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 35
Points : 2986
Join date : 2009-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by outonthelimb on 08/05/12, 10:19 am

My DD's a '99 ODP and this is the 1st year of regionals for her age group. My "understanding" is that this year's regional camp is a "mock" camp in that no regional team will be chosen from this event. Regional team selections will come the following year at the real regional camp.

If my understanding is indeed correct (feel free to throw tomatoes if it is not....) then do you all see any value in attending camp this year. These camps are not cheap...

If you would like to give some private advice as well then feel free to PM me.

avatar
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 449
Points : 3334
Join date : 2010-03-01
Location : Out on a limb...

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Uncle Numanga on 08/05/12, 11:40 am

If you don't want your dd to have the experience of meeting gitls she will play against from around the southwest. If you don't want her to get good training with top quality girls. If you don't want her to have a fun experience away from mom and dad. Then don't send her.
avatar
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 939
Points : 4130
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Grapevine, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by MaggieMaggie on 09/05/12, 09:24 pm

Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:
BurntOut98 wrote:
Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:DD is a 97, first year ODP pool player. Long story why so late to join, injured 2 years for tryouts and had serious illness another year. All indications are she will be invited to regional camp in Bama but is currently scheduled for jaw surgery in June which would mean missing the camp.

Is it worth the effort to reschedule the surgery to say late May so she could attend regional camp? What are the benefits of the camp? What are the negatives?

Hey Guru, before I start sending my dd out to check the mail today....can you tell me when your dd got her letter? Do you know when they were mailed out possibly?

Have not recieved letter but with surgery looming on the horizon have had some very unofficial and non-commital conversations trying to figure out what we should do. As far as I know they have not mailed any letters yet.

The letters went out today.

avatar
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 461
Points : 3801
Join date : 2009-05-15
Age : 47
Location : East Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT on 09/05/12, 10:39 pm

MaggieMaggie wrote:
Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:
BurntOut98 wrote:
Bicycle Guru-NOT wrote:DD is a 97, first year ODP pool player. Long story why so late to join, injured 2 years for tryouts and had serious illness another year. All indications are she will be invited to regional camp in Bama but is currently scheduled for jaw surgery in June which would mean missing the camp.

Is it worth the effort to reschedule the surgery to say late May so she could attend regional camp? What are the benefits of the camp? What are the negatives?

Hey Guru, before I start sending my dd out to check the mail today....can you tell me when your dd got her letter? Do you know when they were mailed out possibly?

Have not recieved letter but with surgery looming on the horizon have had some very unofficial and non-commital conversations trying to figure out what we should do. As far as I know they have not mailed any letters yet.


The letters went out today.


Yep, got it today. Now I'm in scramble mode trying to reschedule the surgery. If anyone knows a good ortho surgeon please let me know.

Clarification: Orthodontic surgeon needed, not orthopedic. Sorry if I confused anyone
avatar
Bicycle Guru-NOT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2173
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Hangin @ Hooters

Back to top Go down

ODP advice

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT on 11/05/12, 11:47 am

Got surgery rescheduled so were off to Montevallo. Am assuming this place is in our country Smile. Thanks for all advice/opinions. (Insert sarcasm here) Was afarid no one would respond as you rarely see others opinions posted on this website.
avatar
Bicycle Guru-NOT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2173
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Hangin @ Hooters

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Uncle Numanga on 11/05/12, 07:09 pm

Tell your dd to be careful. Montevallo is supposedly haunted. She'll have all kinds of stories for you when she gets home.
avatar
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 939
Points : 4130
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Grapevine, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Type 1 left-footer on 11/05/12, 07:36 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:Tell your dd to be careful. Montevallo is supposedly haunted. She'll have all kinds of stories for you when she gets home.

Don't forget the humidity. That is scary all by itself.
avatar
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 4429
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT on 11/05/12, 07:45 pm

Type 1 left-footer wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:Tell your dd to be careful. Montevallo is supposedly haunted. She'll have all kinds of stories for you when she gets home.

Don't forget the humidity. That is scary all by itself.

After 15 years with me humidity, ghosts, hell even Godzilla will be a nice break.
avatar
Bicycle Guru-NOT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 2173
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Hangin @ Hooters

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP regional camp advice

Post by MaggieMaggie on 11/07/12, 10:45 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:Tell your dd to be careful. Montevallo is supposedly haunted. She'll have all kinds of stories for you when she gets home.

Daughter had a blast at ODP camp. Lots of coaches showed up including TN, Memphis, FL, FL Int'l, S. Carolina, Texas A&M, SMU, TCU, Auburn, GA, Samford and Vanderbilt. I didn't mention to her pre-camp the campus was supposedly haunted. DD said they were on the haunted 4th floor. It may be a creaky old building or someone was messing with the girls, but they heard a lot of funny noises and saw/heard things like slamming doors with no one there. I think they ended up piling a lot of girls into the same room at night Shocked
avatar
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 461
Points : 3801
Join date : 2009-05-15
Age : 47
Location : East Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum