Latest topics
Dallas Texans Division making switchYesterday at 11:11 pmPico
Dallas Texans 08 Boys Dallas Yesterday at 11:03 pmseamusdog
BVB09 Girls - need a few more players.Yesterday at 10:42 pmBVB09
Sting SC 03G Axon (LH/NPL) - Keller, Southlake, Mid CitiesYesterday at 10:02 pmmaxon
Tx spirit 09/08 sizeYesterday at 07:07 pmA21032222
Solar 06G Fiaschetti - Open Practice/Training SessionsYesterday at 06:55 pmOneOnOne
FCD 04 B WEST BLUE D3 Classic LOOKING FOR KEEPER and MOREYesterday at 06:46 pmPatrickHLenihan
FC Premier 05 Classic D2 looking for a GOALKEEPERYesterday at 06:00 pmClubAdminFCP
FC Premier 04 Classic looking for players + goalkeeperYesterday at 05:59 pmClubAdminFCP
FC Premier is seeking 04 Girls for Lake Highlands ClassicYesterday at 05:59 pmClubAdminFCP
Solar 09G Angelone looking for 1-2 playersYesterday at 04:29 pmSolar09G
Training in NE Tarrant? Yesterday at 04:00 pmjdavid07
Odyssey SC 01/02G is looking to add - LH ByeYesterday at 03:50 pmOdyssey Dad
Dallas Texans 08 & 09 Classic D1 Bye SalazarYesterday at 03:49 pmDtsoccer21
For Sale Texans Uniform Youth XL #12 great shapeYesterday at 03:38 pmcastijd
Dallas Texans 03G D-1 team looking for 1 more playerYesterday at 03:36 pmTexans 06 Girls Dallas
SOLAR 06G BYARS (DPL & NPL) - OPEN TRYOUTS FOR 3-4 PLAYERSYesterday at 03:34 pmsolarap06
Dallas Texans 08 DallasYesterday at 03:30 pmDtsoccer21
Solar 08G Rangel Open TryoutsYesterday at 03:18 pmcentermidmom
Blaze FC 03G looking for starting GoalkeeperYesterday at 03:18 pmeac792
Dallas Texans 07 Red Yesterday at 03:10 pmDtsoccer21
DT 08G Red West LHGCL D2Yesterday at 02:47 pmjanb884
DKSC ‘06 D1/NPL, ECRL Yesterday at 02:43 pmfooty magic
Texas Spurs Soccer ClubYesterday at 02:24 pmPauloMaldini
Texas Spurs Soccer ClubYesterday at 02:23 pmPauloMaldini

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Any LHGCL teams not make? Pixel
Statistics
We have 13483 registered users
The newest registered user is Txsoccergirl01

Our users have posted a total of 191697 messages in 26616 subjects

Any LHGCL teams not make?

Go down

Any LHGCL teams not make? Empty Any LHGCL teams not make?

Post by JeffM on 08/07/12, 03:34 pm

Since none of the 3 teams in open positions from last year have applied (I know they still have till the 11th) are they believing they will get a bye from other teams folding? If so, which ones folded?

I am pretty sure NT Strikers/FCD East did not make, which would explain why they did not apply.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Any LHGCL teams not make? Empty Re: Any LHGCL teams not make?

Post by JeffM on 08/07/12, 08:38 pm

Are the teams with Coach "N/A" and Manager "N/A" in gotsoccer teams that did not make? If so, there are a couple of D-I, and D-II teams in that group.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol on 08/07/12, 08:48 pm

JeffM wrote:Are the teams with Coach "N/A" and Manager "N/A" in gotsoccer teams that did not make? If so, there are a couple of D-I, and D-II teams in that group.

No, this is just happening as everyone runs their background checks. The names will come back in after a period of time.

there may be some that have had changes, like Solar Blue (formerly white) 96 whose coach bailed and went to American Eagles, but most of the time it's just due to background check processing.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 09/07/12, 10:11 am

Thanks, I forgot about that aspect.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol on 09/07/12, 01:23 pm

this does bring up a good point though, since I know Solar Blue team is no longer, what will happen with that bye? I guess Solar Gold still moves to DII and perhaps American Eagles Blue stays in DII?
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 10/07/12, 11:53 am

golgolgol wrote:this does bring up a good point though, since I know Solar Blue team is no longer, what will happen with that bye? I guess Solar Gold still moves to DII and perhaps American Eagles Blue stays in DII?

I would guess that would be the case. TDA & Polaris are not showing up yet on the applied teams list for the QT. Does that mean they believe they have a bye, or that they did not make?

The '96s still have enough for a QT I think, (five for three? open spots) I noticed the '95s will need another team to sign up to get a QT (unless they had teams with byes fold). Its been interesting watching the drop off in teams. I get the drop off when kids go from Jr. High to High school, and even from 9th to 10th, but I am not sure that I get the drop from 10th to 11th.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 96soccermom on 10/07/12, 08:16 pm

Not sure about whole teams but we noticed a drop of girls that have made the decision to not play soccer in college who make the decision to stop playing select ball this summer. We actually had 3 girls quit to focus on other things than sports. We've seen this with a few of my dd friends who play a variety of sports.

96soccermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie on 10/07/12, 08:36 pm

I don't think 95 Sting White fka Andro made.

I have heard from a few different sources 95 Strikers didn't make but that certainly doesn't make sense given their powerhouse 2011-12 year and going into D1. This could just be more trash talk from folks who like to beat up on them?
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 11/07/12, 02:54 pm

Does the roster need to be set at the time a team applies for the QT, or is it when the official roster needs to be turned in? I have seen teams applied showing less than 14 on the gotsoccer roster, and was wondering if this would prevent them from being accepted for the tournament.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 11/07/12, 04:20 pm

MaggieMaggie wrote:I don't think 95 Sting White fka Andro made.

I have heard from a few different sources 95 Strikers didn't make but that certainly doesn't make sense given their powerhouse 2011-12 year and going into D1. This could just be more trash talk from folks who like to beat up on them?

Would you have any idea why Sparta '95 would need to enter the QT? They finished 4th last year in D-III.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie on 11/07/12, 10:35 pm

JeffM wrote:

Would you have any idea why Sparta '95 would need to enter the QT? They finished 4th last year in D-III.

I don't know? They are securely mid-pack D3 so I don't see why they would need to enter ... habit? They are on the list but in the accepted column, says "no".
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 11/07/12, 10:39 pm

MaggieMaggie wrote:
JeffM wrote:

I don't know? They are securely mid-pack D3 so I don't see why they would need to enter ... habit? They are on the list but in the accepted column, says "no".

I think the acceptance is being worked through in the order registered. They just popped up today, so I would expect them to be a late approval (or removal if they don't actually need to be in this.)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JPMoe70 on 12/07/12, 12:07 am

How many open spots are there for the 96 Group in this years QT?

JPMoe70
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 12/07/12, 09:28 am

JPMoe70 wrote:How many open spots are there for the 96 Group in this years QT?

It should be three, as long as there is a team to take the Solar Blue spot. In theory the next team in line (provided Solar doesn't find a way to fill it) is TDA. They registered for the QT, but only have 13 on the gotsoccer roster. Next would be Strikers/FCD East, but I have no idea if they got 75% to move to FCD. Then Polaris, but they did not register for the QT. So there seems to be a decent chance that there may be 4 places open.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 12/07/12, 02:38 pm

JeffM wrote:
MaggieMaggie wrote:
JeffM wrote:

I think the acceptance is being worked through in the order registered. They just popped up today, so I would expect them to be a late approval (or removal if they don't actually need to be in this.)

Sparta is no longer listed. Looks like there is no need for a QT for the 95s.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol on 16/07/12, 02:05 pm

JeffM wrote:
JPMoe70 wrote:How many open spots are there for the 96 Group in this years QT?

It should be three, as long as there is a team to take the Solar Blue spot. In theory the next team in line (provided Solar doesn't find a way to fill it) is TDA. They registered for the QT, but only have 13 on the gotsoccer roster. Next would be Strikers/FCD East, but I have no idea if they got 75% to move to FCD. Then Polaris, but they did not register for the QT. So there seems to be a decent chance that there may be 4 places open.

my dd was on the solar blue 96 team and I don't know if there was going to be anything done to fill that spot with another team, my guess is that it may open up another qualifying spot. I haven't really kept up with what the club would do though as dd moved to FCD ECNL. I do know half the solar team went with coach to American eagles, while the rest must have gone to other teams.
So American eagles blue may stay in DII and that would mean one more QT spot.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 23/07/12, 11:49 pm

Anyone know why Impact '95 is in the U17 brackets? They were in the U19 before LHGCL took the got soccer page down. They replaced Dallas Texans Fort Worth in the '96 group.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol on 24/07/12, 12:21 am

JeffM wrote:Anyone know why Impact '95 is in the U17 brackets? They were in the U19 before LHGCL took the got soccer page down. They replaced Dallas Texans Fort Worth in the '96 group.

I heard Dallas Texans Fort Worth decided to play up in an age group where there would be no QT for them. Not sure why a 95 would be down in the 96 group now though.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum