North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Hope Solo Busted? True or False - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Hope Solo Busted? True or False

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hope Solo Busted? True or False - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope Solo Busted? True or False

Post by my2cents 11/07/12, 10:02 am

good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
larry7405 wrote:Very interesting to see these drugs move to the woman's side.

You must have forgotten about Marion Jones. It's been on the women's side of things for quite some time now.

You're equating using a below threshold diuretic (only useful in making weight in boxing, mma, and wrestling - and - yes - as a masking agent for other drugs in much larger doses) and using synthetic testosterone, EPO, HGH and Steroids (useful in almost all sports to increase performance)? This is a joke, right?

The poster I was responding to seemed to think these kinds of controversies hadn't befallen any female athletes in the US. All I was pointing out was that Marion Jones, who also made millions in endorsements and was regarded as a celebrity even before winning five gold medals in Sydney, fell into the trap of PEDs.

Let's play devil's advocate for a minute...

Since Hope Solo does make most, if not all, of her money from endorsements (which of course is directly related to her playing in high profile competitions) how much would it have hurt her financially to miss these Olympics do to injury? According to what you just posted, she'd stand to lose about $2.5 million a year.

Do I think she used the same stuff Jones used, if any at all? Hell if I know. But the sad reality is it is very possible.

Can you honestly say that if you were an Olympic caliber athlete and your livelihood depended upon passing random drug tests, that you wouldn't check and double check anything any physician prescribed for you prior to taking it?

I guess I'm the only one who wouldn't take one person's word for it even if they have the letters M and D on their office door.

Ok - I will play the role against for arguments sake... I think speeding is a fairly good day-to-day analogy, although overly simplified - when it comes to systematic doping - which I take all are referencing here.

I know where the cops sit on my commute to work. I know I can pass a cop at about 10mph over the posted limit and not be stopped. Some drivers have radar detectors. Some don't get caught just by dumb luck. The fact that I haven't gotten a ticket despite driving 85 miles round trip for the last 8 years is not proof that I unfailingly obey the speed limit.

Hope got a warning. Maybe the diuretic is a masking agent is being used to dilute micro doses of steroids / etc - to accelerate the healing of her leg while training for London (they leave tomorrow) - which besides the World Cup - is what all her sponsorship dollars are riding on. After all $2.5 MM in contracts is worth a little risk right???

I can see it both ways - although, I will chalk it up to an honest mistake this time. BUT from the USDA's point of view, she is now on the radar and will most likely be subject to more random tests in the future.

That would make them no longer random. Shocked

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Hope Solo Busted? True or False - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope Solo Busted? True or False

Post by Guest 11/07/12, 10:18 am

my2cents wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
larry7405 wrote:Very interesting to see these drugs move to the woman's side.

You must have forgotten about Marion Jones. It's been on the women's side of things for quite some time now.

You're equating using a below threshold diuretic (only useful in making weight in boxing, mma, and wrestling - and - yes - as a masking agent for other drugs in much larger doses) and using synthetic testosterone, EPO, HGH and Steroids (useful in almost all sports to increase performance)? This is a joke, right?

The poster I was responding to seemed to think these kinds of controversies hadn't befallen any female athletes in the US. All I was pointing out was that Marion Jones, who also made millions in endorsements and was regarded as a celebrity even before winning five gold medals in Sydney, fell into the trap of PEDs.

Since Hope Solo does make most, if not all, of her money from endorsements (which of course is directly related to her playing in high profile competitions) how much would it have hurt her financially to miss these Olympics do to injury? According to what you just posted, she'd stand to lose about $2.5 million a year.

Do I think she used the same stuff Jones used, if any at all? Hell if I know. But the sad reality is it is very possible.

Can you honestly say that if you were an Olympic caliber athlete and your livelihood depended upon passing random drug tests, that you wouldn't check and double check anything any physician prescribed for you prior to taking it?

I guess I'm the only one who wouldn't take one person's word for it even if they have the letters M and D on their office door.

Ok - I will play the role against for arguments sake... I think speeding is a fairly good day-to-day analogy, although overly simplified - when it comes to systematic doping - which I take all are referencing here.

I know where the cops sit on my commute to work. I know I can pass a cop at about 10mph over the posted limit and not be stopped. Some drivers have radar detectors. Some don't get caught just by dumb luck. The fact that I haven't gotten a ticket despite driving 85 miles round trip for the last 8 years is not proof that I unfailingly obey the speed limit.

Hope got a warning. Maybe the diuretic is a masking agent is being used to dilute micro doses of steroids / etc - to accelerate the healing of her leg while training for London (they leave tomorrow) - which besides the World Cup - is what all her sponsorship dollars are riding on. After all $2.5 MM in contracts is worth a little risk right???

I can see it both ways - although, I will chalk it up to an honest mistake this time. BUT from the USDA's point of view, she is now on the radar and will most likely be subject to more random tests in the future.

Hope will no longer be on the random list1 she will be tested weekly!

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 11/07/12, 10:21 am

totalsoccer wrote:
my2cents wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

Might as well move in with Lance... who by the way has been driving the same route many hundreds of times, has been shot with a laser or radar speed gun around 500 times, and has never had a positive speeding infraction. He has always driven under the speed limit per the officers along the route.

A group of French journalist state that isn't true as they were driving behind him in a van and could swear he was speeding and the cops were covering up the speeding infractions. LA was also driving with several friends in his car who now claim that they saw him speed over the limit. However the state highway patrol says they have no record of that and that he passed all 500 speed checks as being under the speed limit.

Oh, Hope, you have so much to learn grasshopper...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/12, 10:24 am

good4nuthin wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:
my2cents wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:

Might as well move in with Lance... who by the way has been driving the same route many hundreds of times, has been shot with a laser or radar speed gun around 500 times, and has never had a positive speeding infraction. He has always driven under the speed limit per the officers along the route.

A group of French journalist state that isn't true as they were driving behind him in a van and could swear he was speeding and the cops were covering up the speeding infractions. LA was also driving with several friends in his car who now claim that they saw him speed over the limit. However the state highway patrol says they have no record of that and that he passed all 500 speed checks as being under the speed limit.

Oh, Hope, you have so much to learn grasshopper...

Very true and funny!

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 11/07/12, 10:29 am

No its not true. The state patrol busted all of LAs buddies. Even his doctors were banned as of this week.

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2