North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Solar Chelsea/SRSA looking to expand roster - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Solar Chelsea/SRSA looking to expand roster

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solar Chelsea/SRSA looking to expand roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar Chelsea/SRSA looking to expand roster

Post by Coach&Ref 19/07/12, 01:57 pm

turftoe9 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:Let me preface this by saying that I have no idea about these teams other than they are supposed to be a good group of girls. I just have a couple of questions.

Are these two separate teams or is one a "feeder" team for the other? For example, is the SRSA team the "Top" team and the Chelsea team the "second"?

If they are completely autonomous, what would happen (hypothetically) if a player showed up that was better than any SRSA player, but for some reason didn't want to play for that team? Would she be forced to or would she in no way be pressured into playing where she didn't want to?

Also, there are times when a girl might be the best on a second team and a starter who is used to playing all game, but not good enough to be one on the top team. She may go from a full game starter to a 10min bench player.

There are many other examples like the scenario I just provided and they happen all the time. I was just curious about the Solar philosophy.

Like the clubs in California , New Jersey, Illinois or where ever, you try out for a club and not a coach, that is what we are trying to do. The top players on the top team and the others on the 2nd. If a player on the 2nd team is playing well, she will be moved up. If playing time is a issue she can always play on the 2nd team.

No disrespect, but this isn't any one of those other states and has nothing to do with states in general. Also, there are MANY clubs that allow teams to be "stand alone". If a club does have this policy, then a player should definitely be able to choose the coach.

It's all about what's best for the club, but that means meeting the player's needs and respecting what makes her happy. If she is happy where she is, even if she is the best player in the state, but would rather be on the second team (possibly due to friends, coach, etc.) and is paying her money, then the club would be remiss by telling her she HAD to do something that would make her unhappy, simply because it would benefit the club for her to be on the top team.

If the understanding in the beginning is that if a player is good enough to be moved to another team and would be required to move accordingly, then she could make her decision whether or not she wanted to be part of a club with that policy.

Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Solar Chelsea/SRSA looking to expand roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar Chelsea/SRSA looking to expand roster

Post by go99 19/07/12, 02:06 pm

This is blown way out of proportion by people with obvious SRSA issues. Winning tends to cause that. This is not the only group doing a first and second team and yes kids are rotated in the best interest of the kids development. That of course is always at the discretion of the kid. Nobody is going to force a kid to play someplace even if it is whats best for them. If a kid wants to stay on the 2nd team because her friends are there or she is affraid she may not play then surely they will let her stay where she is at. As far as being replaced goes, this is a competative enviornment and you are what you produce. You are on top teams because you are a top player not because of your lovely personality, friendships, or parents ability to politic. If your dd doesn't realize that there is always someone who wants your spot, wants your playtime on the field then you have hid the realities of life.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 19/07/12, 02:16 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:Let me preface this by saying that I have no idea about these teams other than they are supposed to be a good group of girls. I just have a couple of questions.

Are these two separate teams or is one a "feeder" team for the other? For example, is the SRSA team the "Top" team and the Chelsea team the "second"?

If they are completely autonomous, what would happen (hypothetically) if a player showed up that was better than any SRSA player, but for some reason didn't want to play for that team? Would she be forced to or would she in no way be pressured into playing where she didn't want to?

Also, there are times when a girl might be the best on a second team and a starter who is used to playing all game, but not good enough to be one on the top team. She may go from a full game starter to a 10min bench player.

There are many other examples like the scenario I just provided and they happen all the time. I was just curious about the Solar philosophy.

Like the clubs in California , New Jersey, Illinois or where ever, you try out for a club and not a coach, that is what we are trying to do. The top players on the top team and the others on the 2nd. If a player on the 2nd team is playing well, she will be moved up. If playing time is a issue she can always play on the 2nd team.

No disrespect, but this isn't any one of those other states and has nothing to do with states in general. Also, there are MANY clubs that allow teams to be "stand alone". If a club does have this policy, then a player should definitely be able to choose the coach.

It's all about what's best for the club, but that means meeting the player's needs and respecting what makes her happy. If she is happy where she is, even if she is the best player in the state, but would rather be on the second team (possibly due to friends, coach, etc.) and is paying her money, then the club would be remiss by telling her she HAD to do something that would make her unhappy, simply because it would benefit the club for her to be on the top team.

If the understanding in the beginning is that if a player is good enough to be moved to another team and would be required to move accordingly, then she could make her decision whether or not she wanted to be part of a club with that policy.

You sound like a coach who has issuses with your top player moving to the top team on your club. If a girl is good enough to play with our top but chooses not to that is ok, but she has the option to move up when she wants.You coaches need to remember we are the customer and when your service does not provide what my DD needs I'll move on!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 19/07/12, 02:27 pm

go99 wrote:This is blown way out of proportion by people with obvious SRSA issues. Winning tends to cause that. This is not the only group doing a first and second team and yes kids are rotated in the best interest of the kids development. That of course is always at the discretion of the kid. Nobody is going to force a kid to play someplace even if it is whats best for them. If a kid wants to stay on the 2nd team because her friends are there or she is affraid she may not play then surely they will let her stay where she is at. As far as being replaced goes, this is a competative enviornment and you are what you produce. You are on top teams because you are a top player not because of your lovely personality, friendships, or parents ability to politic. If your dd doesn't realize that there is always someone who wants your spot, wants your playtime on the field then you have hid the realities of life.

I have nothing against SRSA nor do I know anything about them. This is why I'm asking about the club's policies. I am just reading and wondering why people think there is something nefarious going on.

I don't really see anything from the outside that is more than just parents bragging about their club/team in order to garner some more business. There isn't anything wrong with that. There will always be people who hate that practice or the club/team for that reason among many others such as: their girl not making the team, perceived mistreatment, etc. ad nauseum.

The double edged sword that bragging gets you is the big target that follows you. No big deal if you are extremely confident.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sirduke 19/07/12, 02:29 pm

2) How many kids do you have training now? 22 or less? Heard there was quite a few players out there.

We currently have 23 players (an earlier post)

We have 21 players at the momoment and are looking for a few more. (a later post)

See you have no clue and thats my point. You just want to make as many smoke and mirrors as possible to try and pretend that everything is healthy. Fact the Chelsea team is struggling so stop the BS

sirduke
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 19/07/12, 02:37 pm

You sound like a coach who has issuses with your top player moving to the top team on your club. If a girl is good enough to play with our top but chooses not to that is ok, but she has the option to move up when she wants.You coaches need to remember we are the customer and when your service does not provide what my DD needs I'll move on!

Not at all. I'm not coaching at the moment, but I do always ask if I am to be the coach of a development team or a stand alone team that is allowed to take the team as far as I am able without the club's interference. If I am a development team coach, then my philosophy and expectations will be different than the latter.

I have no problems with either. It's just a matter of expectations.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 19/07/12, 02:41 pm

sirduke wrote:2) How many kids do you have training now? 22 or less? Heard there was quite a few players out there.

We currently have 23 players (an earlier post)

We have 21 players at the momoment and are looking for a few more. (a later post)

See you have no clue and thats my point. You just want to make as many smoke and mirrors as possible to try and pretend that everything is healthy. Fact the Chelsea team is struggling so stop the BS

Struggling No! Do they need more players ,Yes! Coach Ray works with the girls well and they get to train with SRSA, what's wrong with that?
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by luv watch'n 19/07/12, 03:07 pm

My DD was a part of “The Program” when Kat Webb was coaching Solar Red, this is before Coach Ray and the name change to Solar Chelsea. Solar Red couldn’t recruit enough to fill 9v9. The kids that did come out to open practice sought to be on the top squad and wouldn’t give Solar Red a chance. Those that stayed, God bless them. Both teams initially did practice together but for reasons unknown they were later separated and held practice on different days. That then eliminated any hope for roster opportunities between the teams. Unless it was Solar Red needing assistance.

I don’t know Coach Ray but have heard he is a great coach and wish him success with the Chelsea squad. Hopefully, the club has learned from prior mistakes and revised “The Program” accordingly so it is successful. Personally, I think “The Program” makes sense if commitments are followed through by those running the club. I wish Solar Chelsea a successful and fruitful recruiting season! See you out on the pitch.

luv watch'n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 19/07/12, 03:17 pm

You have two types of haters:
Group 1: joined Solar Chelsea with the expectation of making SRSA and it never happened...lets face it...there's probably only 1 roster spot every season.
Now they've moved on to another club and they're still bitter.
Group 2: their DD played against Solar Chelsea in PTCL in what was supposed to be a competitive match....throw in a few SRSA girls and it's a blow out. (similar scenario in the PT Summer tournaments)
I think most of us respect the heck out of SRSA and wish nothing but continued success.
If you read my previous posts....I support Solar Chelsea and their efforts to build the roster.
But, I get it, when parents are mad about getting drilled 9-1 in what was supposed to be.... and scheduled to be ......a competitive match...but the SRSA help turned that upside down.
So turftoe, you can call it roster rotation, and 'all the other clubs do it' , but that's not what we've seen in the past with this group. It's is truly a unique situation. Firstly, because one team is so dependant upon the top team and also because the top team is at such a higher skill level than any team in Texas.
Now having said all that, do I think my DD would improve just by training with them:
Yes
Do I live anywhere near Carrollton: no.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 19/07/12, 05:19 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:You have two types of haters:
Group 1: joined Solar Chelsea with the expectation of making SRSA and it never happened...lets face it...there's probably only 1 roster spot every season.
Group 2: their DD played against Solar Chelsea in PTCL in what was supposed to be a competitive match....throw in a few SRSA girls and it's a blow out. (similar scenario in the PT Summer tournaments)
I think most of us respect the heck out of SRSA and wish nothing but continued success.
If you read my previous posts....I support Solar Chelsea and their efforts to build the roster.
But, I get it, when parents are mad about getting drilled 9-1 in what was supposed to be.... and scheduled to be ......a competitive match...but the SRSA help turned that upside down.
So turftoe, you can call it roster rotation, and 'all the other clubs do it' , but that's not what we've seen in the past with this group. It's is truly a unique situation. Firstly, because one team is so dependant upon the top team and also because the top team is at such a higher skill level than any team in Texas.
Now having said all that, do I think my DD would improve just by training with them:
Yes

I'm a billion miles away from there also! LOL!

In the interest of full disclosure, I can tell you that I know NOTHING about Solar's practices/policies and only know ONE SRSA parent who both loves the team/club and knows exactly who I am. I know that they must be doing something right in order to generate this much discussion. I'd love to bring my girl to a practice to see for myself the coaching that I have heard so much about. I have a completely open mind and don't disparage or harbor any ill will towards ANY club that is transparent in their business practices.

Now just to expound upon what SolarPower is saying, I think there may be a couple more reasons that albeit legal, may be construed as shady, cowardly, etc. by the "haters".

Setting aside all of the personal reasons that parents might resent the club, like the scenario concerning the bitterness of not making the team, there are probably a few other reasons as well.

Remember, perception is reality, so I am just throwing out some of the typical reasons for all of the hype.

One possibility could be a Solar team (not SRSA) entering a tourney where the typical rules may be that only a certain number of guest players are allowed, but may not have the rule that prohibits sliding any number of players that are part of the same club. Any other club is going to try to invite the best players they can in order to give themselves the best chance of winning, but may not be in the position to be able to do the same thing that Solar can, so have to adhere to the typical "3 guest players" rule. What these teams may encounter is a team that is basically comprised of mostly SRSA players (or any number over the guest rule) which they feel is not a true representation of the team they think they SHOULD be playing. Some teams believe that you should "play with what you got" and in the spirit fair play, adhere to the max guest player rule. They also probably get angry because even if that other Solar team MAY lose, it won't tarnish the SRSA name/record, because those borrowed players aren't TECHNICALLY part of that team. There is nothing wrong with what Solar is doing and is most likely done to try to increase business by offering the perception that the club is chocked full of the best players in the DFW area, when the majority of the teams may be just being carried by some of the top players, but in reality may be mediocre teams.

Again, there is nothing "wrong" with the practice, but could just be upsetting to many other people, thus turning them into "haters". Personally, I don't care when I have coached against teams/clubs that have done this, because in my view, if that's what the team needs to do to win, then so be it. I may be odd, but in a way, it's kinda a compliment to me in the sense that the other team was insecure enough that they thought they needed to do that to compete against my team.

Another reason that may contribute to a person being a hater could have to do with SRSA possibly avoiding tourneys that would pit them against other top teams in the area for fear of a possibility of tarnishing their record if, for say, a couple of their key players may be out of town, sick, etc.; basically, ANY reason that may jeopardize an assurance of a win. This is just another observation I have gleaned from the forums from people who have been looking forward to a "clash of the titans", just to be disappointed that SRSA isn't participating. The excuse that SRSA may give is that they are busy competing against 02 teams, leaves them in a very low, if not zero, category of risk. If they lose, the reason cited would probably always be, "It's because they are a top 02 team." In my view, the haters are probably thinking that this is a convenient reason not to continue to put SRSA's necks on the line and possibly lose to another 03 team.

I have seen SRSA play twice and there is ZERO doubt that they are a fantastic team and must have some great coaching. If I were them or Solar in general who are trying to build the club, I personally would not continue to play 02 teams, but throw myself back into the 03 world and pummel the opposition repeatedly, thereby increasing exposure to the other 03 parents that they are trying to attract. Simply touting a record and having current parents exposing how good the team and coaching is, but not allowing the team to be be repeatedly seen playing against other 03 teams, is not the way to go in my opinion.

This is just my 2cents.

Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by goalpatrol 19/07/12, 06:25 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:You have two types of haters:
Yes

I'm a billion miles away from there also! LOL!

In the interest of full disclosure, I can tell you that I know NOTHING about Solar's practices/policies and only know ONE SRSA parent who both loves the team/club and knows exactly who I am. I know that they must be doing something right in order to generate this much discussion. I'd love to bring my girl to a practice to see for myself the coaching that I have heard so much about. I have a completely open mind and don't disparage or harbor any ill will towards ANY club that is transparent in their business practices.

Now just to expound upon what SolarPower is saying, I think there may be a couple more reasons that albeit legal, may be construed as shady, cowardly, etc. by the "haters".

Setting aside all of the personal reasons that parents might resent the club, like the scenario concerning the bitterness of not making the team, there are probably a few other reasons as well.

Remember, perception is reality, so I am just throwing out some of the typical reasons for all of the hype.

One possibility could be a Solar team (not SRSA) entering a tourney where the typical rules may be that only a certain number of guest players are allowed, but may not have the rule that prohibits sliding any number of players that are part of the same club. Any other club is going to try to invite the best players they can in order to give themselves the best chance of winning, but may not be in the position to be able to do the same thing that Solar can, so have to adhere to the typical "3 guest players" rule. What these teams may encounter is a team that is basically comprised of mostly SRSA players (or any number over the guest rule) which they feel is not a true representation of the team they think they SHOULD be playing. Some teams believe that you should "play with what you got" and in the spirit fair play, adhere to the max guest player rule. They also probably get angry because even if that other Solar team MAY lose, it won't tarnish the SRSA name/record, because those borrowed players aren't TECHNICALLY part of that team. There is nothing wrong with what Solar is doing and is most likely done to try to increase business by offering the perception that the club is chocked full of the best players in the DFW area, when the majority of the teams may be just being carried by some of the top players, but in reality may be mediocre teams.

Again, there is nothing "wrong" with the practice, but could just be upsetting to many other people, thus turning them into "haters". Personally, I don't care when I have coached against teams/clubs that have done this, because in my view, if that's what the team needs to do to win, then so be it. I may be odd, but in a way, it's kinda a compliment to me in the sense that the other team was insecure enough that they thought they needed to do that to compete against my team.

Another reason that may contribute to a person being a hater could have to do with SRSA possibly avoiding tourneys that would pit them against other top teams in the area for fear of a possibility of tarnishing their record if, for say, a couple of their key players may be out of town, sick, etc.; basically, ANY reason that may jeopardize an assurance of a win. This is just another observation I have gleaned from the forums from people who have been looking forward to a "clash of the titans", just to be disappointed that SRSA isn't participating. The excuse that SRSA may give is that they are busy competing against 02 teams, leaves them in a very low, if not zero, category of risk. If they lose, the reason cited would probably always be, "It's because they are a top 02 team." In my view, the haters are probably thinking that this is a convenient reason not to continue to put SRSA's necks on the line and possibly lose to another 03 team.

I have seen SRSA play twice and there is ZERO doubt that they are a fantastic team and must have some great coaching. If I were them or Solar in general who are trying to build the club, I personally would not continue to play 02 teams, but throw myself back into the 03 world and pummel the opposition repeatedly, thereby increasing exposure to the other 03 parents that they are trying to attract. Simply touting a record and having current parents exposing how good the team and coaching is, but not allowing the team to be be repeatedly seen playing against other 03 teams, is not the way to go in my opinion.

This is just my 2cents.

From my understanding SRSA will be playing Primetime both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday: 03 TGPL and Sunday: TPCL 03

Just like last season, only team that we didn't play was DTS. We beat Sting Scarfone 8-2 and they are currently the 2nd ranked team in the 03 FBR. Sting beat DTS 2-1 in OT in the last game of the TGPL season. To be honest, FBR, Human Ranking and results are for the parents to worry about - put your DD in a challenging position is what is important.

I hear what you are saying above, but there was no hiding from any 03 team. We are consistently competing against Top 02 teams and steadily overpowering, pretty much, every 03 team. Not an insult, the stats are the stats. Results are results: Beating 03 teams 8-2, 5-0, 11-2 along the way last season. We have continued to ask tournaments to let us "play up" to challenge our DDs, and throughout the Summer have done so. As the 02s move onto LHGCL, we have to play in the 03 space. No hiding, no excuses, just let the results show on the field in the Fall. Confident, of course as our DDs work very hard to get where they are. No one doubts the talent that shows up week in and week out. Again it is about HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME, not the score.

They "Play Hard, Play Smart and Play Together", just as printed on the insides of their shirts. As they put those training shirts on every week and when they put on their jerseys every weekend, they can see it! We build a culture like no other and unless you experience it, you won't understand what it means. The DDs understand what it means to put that shirt on, it is special. Demand the best from them, set expectations and set goals. Always "Play Hard, Play Smart and Play Together"...

goalpatrol
goalpatrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 19/07/12, 09:37 pm

From my understanding SRSA will be playing Primetime both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday: 03 TGPL and Sunday: TPCL 03

Just like last season, only team that we didn't play was DTS. We beat Sting Scarfone 8-2 and they are currently the 2nd ranked team in the 03 FBR. Sting beat DTS 2-1 in OT in the last game of the TGPL season. To be honest, FBR, Human Ranking and results are for the parents to worry about - put your DD in a challenging position is what is important.

I hear what you are saying above, but there was no hiding from any 03 team. We are consistently competing against Top 02 teams and steadily overpowering, pretty much, every 03 team. Not an insult, the stats are the stats. Results are results: Beating 03 teams 8-2, 5-0, 11-2 along the way last season. We have continued to ask tournaments to let us "play up" to challenge our DDs, and throughout the Summer have done so. As the 02s move onto LHGCL, we have to play in the 03 space. No hiding, no excuses, just let the results show on the field in the Fall. Confident, of course as our DDs work very hard to get where they are. No one doubts the talent that shows up week in and week out. Again it is about HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME, not the score.

They "Play Hard, Play Smart and Play Together", just as printed on the insides of their shirts. As they put those training shirts on every week and when they put on their jerseys every weekend, they can see it! We build a culture like no other and unless you experience it, you won't understand what it means. The DDs understand what it means to put that shirt on, it is special. Demand the best from them, set expectations and set goals. Always "Play Hard, Play Smart and Play Together"...

Very true. The record does speak for itself in league play. My opinion on the "rankings" of 03 teams can be found in one of my other posts, if anyone cares to look. Very Happy

Tournaments are a different monster though. In tourneys, you can run across teams that you have never even heard of. For example, my son's team is playing a team in the PUMA Cup from Mexico and one from El Paso. You won't find them in league play. Also, there are teams that play in the Mexican League and even REC, for example, that possibly can't afford league play, but can scrape enough together to participate in an occasional tourney. I have personally reffed teams like these that would crush a LOT of LH teams, but do not have the means for regular league play.

I'm just citing a couple of examples, but I think you can see what I mean.

Again, I don't know anyone who doubts SRSA's team ability. I think the haters just come out of the woodwork for all of the obvious reasons and possibly because of the couple I mentioned earlier. They probably take exception to Solar in general (business practices) for the same reasons.

BTW, I LOVE the motto on the inside of the shirts. It keeps the foundation of what y'all are building "close to the heart!" Smile
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 19/07/12, 09:48 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:

Very true. The record does speak for itself in league play. My opinion on the "rankings" of 03 teams can be found in one of my other posts, if anyone cares to look. Very Happy

Tournaments are a different monster though. In tourneys, you can run across teams that you have never even heard of. For example, my son's team is playing a team in the PUMA Cup from Mexico and one from El Paso. You won't find them in league play. Also, there are teams that play in the Mexican League and even REC, for example, that possibly can't afford league play, but can scrape enough together to participate in an occasional tourney. I have personally reffed teams like these that would crush a LOT of LH teams, but do not have the means for regular league play.

I'm just citing a couple of examples, but I think you can see what I mean.

Again, I don't know anyone who doubts SRSA's team ability. I think the haters just come out of the woodwork for all of the obvious reasons and possibly because of the couple I mentioned earlier. They probably take exception to Solar in general (business practices) for the same reasons.

BTW, I LOVE the motto on the inside of the shirts. It keeps the foundation of what y'all are building "close to the heart!" Smile

Thank you for your post my DD appreciates it! We not only pull for our team but any team from Texas that plays outside our State. Go Big, Texas Soccer!!!!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by sirduke 19/07/12, 10:52 pm

What an Idiot, The parents always make up thier own minds!

We don't post 4-5 players because we want everyone one to have a fair shot! We have 21 players at the momoment and are looking for a few more. If they can play, there will be a spot for them and plently of playing time. Then also they get to practice against the the top players not only in the DFW area, but the whole country period. My DD has grown as a player and has pushed the others to be better! I don't know what your problem is, but I can"t wait until our liitle DD's smoke yours!!!![/quote]

We will play you any weekend that SRSA has a tournament. 3v3 or 4v4 because you wont be able to play 11v11 now will you!

sirduke
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 19/07/12, 11:01 pm

This is getting good, who is up next? Someone calling out the mighty SRSA. Now you have got some 'grande cajones' SirDuke.

Someone tell me where this 3v3, 4v4 showdown will be, I am guessing that SRSA could pull at least 11 for a 11v11 scrimmage, maybe a couple of subs by the looks of the previous emails.

Popping popcorn as we speak...

BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 19/07/12, 11:46 pm

Dear God,

Please help Sirduke with his insecurities and not let him pass them off to his DD.

Please let him know that we have forgiven him and that it is OK to divulge which team he represents so that we may be more sensitive to his feelings when we play them this fall.

Please lead him down the path of not hating on people about 9 YEAR OLD GIRLS soccer.

Thank you for this day and for conflicted people such as Sirduke.

Amen
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sirduke 19/07/12, 11:59 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:This is getting good, who is up next? Someone calling out the mighty SRSA. Now you have got some 'grande cajones' SirDuke.

Someone tell me where this 3v3, 4v4 showdown will be, I am guessing that SRSA could pull at least 11 for a 11v11 scrimmage, maybe a couple of subs by the looks of the previous emails.

Popping popcorn as we speak...

You obviously cant read I said when SRSA has a tournament we will play SOLAR CHELSEA! Should I go a bit slower so you can catch on? Ok I will. Solar Chelsea dont have enough players to play anybody at 9v9 let alone 11v11 when SRSA are not around!

Last edited by sirduke on 20/07/12, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

sirduke
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sirduke 20/07/12, 12:04 am

good4nuthin wrote:Dear God,

Please help Sirduke with his insecurities and not let him pass them off to his DD.

Please let him know that we have forgiven him and that it is OK to divulge which team he represents so that we may be more sensitive to his feelings when we play them this fall.

Please lead him down the path of not hating on people about 9 YEAR OLD GIRLS soccer.

Amen
I suggest you pray for your team rather than me your gonna need it!

sirduke
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hater 20/07/12, 12:20 am

Amen
Wow!!!! Now that's some good stuff. Keep up the good work. Haters are going to Hate! Good4nuthin well played Smile

[i]
Hater
Hater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 20/07/12, 12:42 am

sirduke wrote:What an Idiot, The parents always make up thier own minds!

We don't post 4-5 players because we want everyone one to have a fair shot! We have 21 players at the momoment and are looking for a few more. If they can play, there will be a spot for them and plently of playing time. Then also they get to practice against the the top players not only in the DFW area, but the whole country period. My DD has grown as a player and has pushed the others to be better! I don't know what your problem is, but I can"t wait until our liitle DD's smoke yours!!!!

We will play you any weekend that SRSA has a tournament. 3v3 or 4v4 because you wont be able to play 11v11 now will you![/quote]

Again you do not Know of what you Speak! our girls are the the Champions of the 3v3 world Championships in Orland!! So if you want to play us bring on.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 20/07/12, 12:44 am

Amen

Correction, my friend. Around here, we worship the Soccer Gods/Goddesses (as in plural)!

Specifically, we worship the 03 Goddess of Girls! Apparently, she has been kind to her SRSA worshipers and bestowed upon them powers and skills that could only be described as "otherworldly".

Does SRSA have an Achilles heel? Were all the girls dunked by the 03 Goddess into the Trinity River, but left some shred of vulnerability? Can some brave team even find it? Laughing

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 20/07/12, 12:48 am

Coach&Ref wrote:

Amen

Correction, my friend. Around here, we worship the Soccer Gods/Goddesses (as in plural)!

Specifically, we worship the 03 Goddess of Girls! Apparently, she has been kind to her SRSA worshipers and bestowed upon them powers and skills that could only be described as "otherworldly".

Does SRSA have an Achilles heel? Were all the girls dunked by the 03 Goddess into the Trinity River, but left some shred of vulnerability? Can some brave team even find it? Laughing

gain what an Idiot!!!!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 20/07/12, 12:56 am

turftoe9 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Amen

gain what an Idiot!!!!

I don't know what your sentence even means, but if you are calling me an idiot, just lighten up. I was poking fun at my good friend, "good4nuthin"! Shocked
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sirduke 20/07/12, 12:59 am

turftoe9 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Amen

gain what an Idiot!!!!
Not as big as an idiot you take us parents for in thinking we believe your BS

sirduke
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 20/07/12, 01:10 am

I love it. SirDuke never rests. Just for the record though, SirDuke, you were challenging Solar Chelsea to a 3v3 or 4v4....and not SRSA...for sir that would be foolish....for any 03 team.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 20/07/12, 02:34 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:I love it. SirDuke never rests. Just for the record though, SirDuke, you were challenging Solar Chelsea to a 3v3 or 4v4....and not SRSA...for sir that would be foolish....for any 03 team.

Dems fightin words, duke! Put em up! Laughing
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2