North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

USA Women vs Canada today! Semis Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

USA Women vs Canada today! Semis

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

USA Women vs Canada today! Semis Empty USA Women vs Canada today! Semis

Post by gold digger 06/08/12, 08:44 am

USA women's team plays Canada today 1:30 on NBC sports channel this is the semifinals of the Olympic tourney.

gold digger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

USA Women vs Canada today! Semis Empty Re: USA Women vs Canada today! Semis

Post by bevowhoopin 06/08/12, 01:55 pm

Directv has it on two channels 603 and 751. Both are in HD so not sure why but at least you have a choice if one doesn't come in good.

Japan did their part for a rematch with the US, now let's see if our girls can do the same.

Go USA!
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gold digger 06/08/12, 04:24 pm

USA was down three diffrent times in that match. They just don't give up. Wow!

gold digger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bevowhoopin 06/08/12, 04:31 pm

That was simply amazing! Sinclair is unbelievable! One of the best women's olympic games ever! PK's would have been interesting with so many walking wounded, glad it didn't come to that.

Congratulations U.S.A!!!!!!
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 06/08/12, 04:33 pm

Absolutely exceptional by both teams! I would be the first to admit that I have not been impressed in years past with the US women's style of play, but they are playing a different game in these Olympics: Good 1v1, physical, and smart. Their sidefoot volley trapping is utterly deft more often than not. And shooting/crossing while reading the play is better than anything I've seen in MLS. Great work by the US women!

Do yourself a favor: Get some popcorn and enjoy this game with your daughters. If you've got TWC cable, channel 994 is 24-hour Olympic soccer coverage.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 07/08/12, 10:09 am

Just watched this match on DVR. While I'm thrilled for the USWNT to be playing for the gold, anyone else thinks Canadian fans have a valid complaint when they say they were robbed?
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 07/08/12, 10:26 am

grassyknoll wrote:Just watched this match on DVR. While I'm thrilled for the USWNT to be playing for the gold, anyone else thinks Canadian fans have a valid complaint when they say they were robbed?

I watched it several times on DVR. McLeod (Canadian Keeper) holds the ball for 10 seconds, after having been warned during half time. Indirect call by ref while rare was a legitimate call. As far as the hand ball, looks like the ball was on it's way to the net when the second arm touches it (two players actually got pelted on the arms on that kick). Normally, handling is not called in such tight space as players are trying to protect themselves. In this case, judgement call be the referee, but if the ball was impeded by the arms/hands on the way to a goal, I think the call is right on.

Everything evens out, go back to the Canadian second goal (possibly third) I think the Canadian Left Half/striker was off sides when she ran down the ball and crossed to Sinclair. If you watch closely, it seems that the Sideline AR was always trailing the play instead of lined up with the last defensive back.

We can debate all of this but in the end the Referee is the Law.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 07/08/12, 10:33 am

Tiki-taka wrote:
grassyknoll wrote:Just watched this match on DVR. While I'm thrilled for the USWNT to be playing for the gold, anyone else thinks Canadian fans have a valid complaint when they say they were robbed?

I watched it several times on DVR. McLeod (Canadian Keeper) holds the ball for 10 seconds, after having been warned during half time. Indirect call by ref while rare was a legitimate call. As far as the hand ball, looks like the ball was on it's way to the net when the second arm touches it (two players actually got pelted on the arms on that kick). Normally, handling is not called in such tight space as players are trying to protect themselves. In this case, judgement call be the referee, but if the ball was impeded by the arms/hands on the way to a goal, I think the call is right on.

Everything evens out, go back to the Canadian second goal (possibly third) I think the Canadian Left Half/striker was off sides when she ran down the ball and crossed to Sinclair. If you watch closely, it seems that the Sideline AR was always trailing the play instead of lined up with the last defensive back.

We can debate all of this but in the end the Referee is the Law.

True, and the call I was referring to was the holding (I know wrong football). I didn't realize she had been warned once before. So the Canadians can suck it!!!
On another note, Sinclair is absolutely awesome.
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newtothis 07/08/12, 10:37 am

Robbed by a ref that followed the Laws of the Game? No, they were not robbed

Indirect free kick
An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

•controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession

LOTG

newtothis
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 07/08/12, 10:52 am

newtothis wrote:

Indirect free kick
An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

•controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession

LOTG

I agree. After watching the play several times, the keeper was clearly in violation. As for the handling call that followed the indirect free kick, I have a slightly different theory as to why the referee may have so strictly enforced it. Sometimes, if a player or team commits back-to-back fouls, anything they do draws the ire of the official. In this case, we have a keeper continually taking her sweet time, a defender who rushes at least 4 yards forward before the freekick is played, and a handball that possibly blocks a shot on goal. I believe if the wall had not so badly encroached, the ref may have given Canada a bit more latitude.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 07/08/12, 10:58 am

The one thing that I do know is that if the USA does not mark better Japan will win the gold.
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 11:01 am

JustaSport wrote:
newtothis wrote:

Indirect free kick

LOTG

I agree. After watching the play several times, the keeper was clearly in violation. As for the handling call that followed the indirect free kick, I have a slightly different theory as to why the referee may have so strictly enforced it. Sometimes, if a player or team commits back-to-back fouls, anything they do draws the ire of the official. In this case, we have a keeper continually taking her sweet time, a defender who rushes at least 4 yards forward before the freekick is played, and a handball that possibly blocks a shot on goal. I believe if the wall had not so badly encroached, the ref may have given Canada a bit more latitude.

Also, on the handling call, wasn't the defender's left hand raised and extended out at a 90 degree angle from her side? That wouldn't be considered a "defensive" position, correct?

While I don't think the ball hit her left hand, depending on the angle of view and bang-bang nature of the call, it may have looked like the ball went off the left hand of the defender, which may have influenced the handling call?

When the play happened live, I thought for sure it was handling. After the benefit of slo-mo replay, probably not. Not sure the ref got the call correct, but I can see why the call was made in real time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 07/08/12, 11:15 am

Canada should be more upset about Rapinoe's first goal... Ball curved in directly from a corner kick at the near post??!! first defender misses the ball, goes through the legs of the second defender, and keeper can't see a thing through her defenders... that was a rough goal to give up.
Funny quote from the always quotable Rapinoe when asked when was the last time she scored directly off a corner kick..
"Probably when I was 12 and the corner kicks were like five yards from the goal. I wish I could say I meant to do that. Bit of a mistake on my part."

I was bummed to read Sinclair's accusation of the referee "pre-deciding" the outcome...but I understand she was exhausted and frustrated... hopefully will retract her statement with a little sleep and time behind it. She was absolutely amazing in that match as well as Scott, Schmidt, and Tancredi... they came to play. Unfortunately for them the US came to play as well... Rapinoe, Morgan, O'Hara and Wambach have been pretty impressive all along and I gotta admit Heath has stepped up.

Absolutely one of the best woman's matches I have ever watched.

On a side note, I was emailing a Canadian friend of mine to talk about the match. Turns out he was in Calgary watching the game in a bar. Its a holiday there and the place was packed to the rafters, mood was electric... said it had the feeling of a gold medal hockey match. They were understandably crushed at the end.

On another side note.... both Wambach and Sinclair on track to break Mia's scoring record of 158 goals. WOW!

Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 11:22 am

Slakemoth wrote:
"Probably when I was 12 and the corner kicks were like five yards from the goal."

Obviously not a product of NTX soccer where we play 11 v 11 on full sized fields at age 12. affraid

b.t.w. Becoming more and more impressed with Rapinoe's game each time I watch her. Nice to see an impact US player with some genuine ball skill and a bit of flair to her game.

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 07/08/12, 11:27 am

bwgophers wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:
"Probably when I was 12 and the corner kicks were like five yards from the goal."

Obviously not a product of NTX soccer where we play 11 v 11 on full sized fields at age 12. affraid

b.t.w. Becoming more and more impressed with Rapinoe's game each time I watch her. Nice to see an impact US player with some genuine ball skill and a bit of flair to her game.

Same with Morgan. This is not the US team we're used to. They are capable of more than just outrunning the opponents, long-balls to the forwards, and knocking other players to the ground.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 07/08/12, 12:42 pm

JustaSport wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:

Same with Morgan. This is not the US team we're used to. They are capable of more than just outrunning the opponents, long-balls to the forwards, and knocking other players to the ground.

Rapinoe has been awesome. Her ball skill is amazing. Look forward to seeing more of Lereaux as well. Looks like she has something special as well.
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bevowhoopin 07/08/12, 03:59 pm

Frogfan1 wrote:The one thing that I do know is that if the USA does not mark better Japan will win the gold.

I hear what your saying, but Japan has no Sinclair. It will be interesting to see if USA comes out in a more defensive posture vs Japan.

For anyone who missed this game or didn't get a chance to record it, DTV is replaying it on cha. 751 tomorrow at 11:30am cst.

bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 07/08/12, 04:33 pm

bevowhoopin wrote:
Frogfan1 wrote:The one thing that I do know is that if the USA does not mark better Japan will win the gold.

I hear what your saying, but Japan has no Sinclair. It will be interesting to see if USA comes out in a more defensive posture vs Japan.

For anyone who missed this game or didn't get a chance to record it, DTV is replaying it on cha. 751 tomorrow at 11:30am cst.
Japan is no joke. They don't have Sinclair but they do have Homare Sawa. She won the 2012 FIFA Women's Player of the Year. Link to that article... http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/news/newsid=1565454/index.html
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 07/08/12, 06:01 pm

Slakemoth wrote:Canada should be more upset about Rapinoe's first goal... Ball curved in directly from a corner kick at the near post??!! first defender misses the ball, goes through the legs of the second defender, and keeper can't see a thing through her defenders... that was a rough goal to give up.
Funny quote from the always quotable Rapinoe when asked when was the last time she scored directly off a corner kick..
"Probably when I was 12 and the corner kicks were like five yards from the goal. I wish I could say I meant to do that. Bit of a mistake on my part."

I was bummed to read Sinclair's accusation of the referee "pre-deciding" the outcome...but I understand she was exhausted and frustrated... hopefully will retract her statement with a little sleep and time behind it. She was absolutely amazing in that match as well as Scott, Schmidt, and Tancredi... they came to play. Unfortunately for them the US came to play as well... Rapinoe, Morgan, O'Hara and Wambach have been pretty impressive all along and I gotta admit Heath has stepped up.

Absolutely one of the best woman's matches I have ever watched.

On a side note, I was emailing a Canadian friend of mine to talk about the match. Turns out he was in Calgary watching the game in a bar. Its a holiday there and the place was packed to the rafters, mood was electric... said it had the feeling of a gold medal hockey match. They were understandably crushed at the end.

On another side note.... both Wambach and Sinclair on track to break Mia's scoring record of 158 goals. WOW!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/07/the-fiver-women-football-olympics?mobile-redirect=false
The Guardian calls it best tournament game since 1982 world cup
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 07/08/12, 06:05 pm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d36jeueO1qkp54eo1_500.gif
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 07/08/12, 06:06 pm

[img][/img]USA Women vs Canada today! Semis Tumblr_m8d36jeueO1qkp54eo1_500
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 07/08/12, 06:07 pm

newtothis wrote:

Indirect free kick

LOTG

Knowing the LOTG and knowing how to apply them are two entirely different things. I'm a US NT fan - got my supporter's club scarf and the whole 9.

But NO WAY a seasoned ref makes that call in a U14 game...let alone semi finals of the OLYMPICS. As great a spectacle as the game was it was equally an atrociously bad game by the center. The stories out today suggest the center may have been gamed by Wambach - which is all the more indication she was on too big a stage.

The better team won, and the poor officiating probably helped Canada more than the U.S (Tancredi should've been ejected at least twice), but IMO Canada has a legit gripe on that free kick.

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 07/08/12, 06:30 pm

But if you read the rules on how long the keeper has the ball its 6 seconds has been ever since I can remember. Do they call it often nope but its the rules. Perhaps they should call more. I have refereed for about 5 years at least in the games I have encountered keepers generally were never keeping the ball long or at least hardly ever. Perhaps I should rewatch and actually count how long McCloud held onto the ball.

Smart move by Wambach in my opinion.

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubDD95/00 07/08/12, 06:37 pm

Had that rule applied to my DD once, she has never forgot it. Lol
ClubDD95/00
ClubDD95/00
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newtothis 07/08/12, 09:50 pm

4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
newtothis wrote:

Indirect free kick

LOTG

Knowing the LOTG and knowing how to apply them are two entirely different things. I'm a US NT fan - got my supporter's club scarf and the whole 9.

But NO WAY a seasoned ref makes that call in a U14 game...let alone semi finals of the OLYMPICS. As great a spectacle as the game was it was equally an atrociously bad game by the center. The stories out today suggest the center may have been gamed by Wambach - which is all the more indication she was on too big a stage.

The better team won, and the poor officiating probably helped Canada more than the U.S (Tancredi should've been ejected at least twice), but IMO Canada has a legit gripe on that free kick.

Funny how people that have never reffed a game, never taken even the basic referee class can matter of factly state what a "seasoned" ref would do.
You are quite wrong, a seasoned ref makes this call in a game like this because it is the Law of the Game and the CA keeper had been abusing it the entire second half. She was trying to get away with it "game" the center and paid the price.

Tancredi should have been ejected for the stomp to the head, but I put the balme for that missed call on the AR since it was inside the 18 along the line of sight with the last defender.

newtothis
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next