Latest topics
Solar 07 top team league playToday at 01:13 amSimon
2011 Titans Coppell Team-2 open spotsYesterday at 11:00 pmA_taylor13
2012 Titans Coppell team-2 open player spotsYesterday at 10:59 pmA_taylor13
2009 Titans Coppell team-2 open player spotsYesterday at 10:58 pmA_taylor13
Solar 03B/04B Pappas - Adding Players in GrapevineYesterday at 10:58 pmHappyDays
FC Dallas '05 West (3 LH Teams)Yesterday at 10:41 pmHoneybadger
FC Dallas '06 West-LHGCL DI/Frontier ConferenceYesterday at 10:40 pmHoneybadger
Solar 06G East - LHGCL D1, NPL, & Frontier Conference Yesterday at 09:25 pmThe Dean
Evolution 06G Looking for 2-3 more players Southlake/GrapeviYesterday at 09:11 pmCoach Matt Evo
FC Dallas #3 Adult Sm/Med Kit Yesterday at 08:36 pmenufsoccer
Solar East 02/03 NPLYesterday at 08:34 pmSimon
McKinney United 07G McKinney and Frisco Yesterday at 08:15 pmmikecorich
McKinney United 07G McKinney and Frisco Yesterday at 08:14 pmmikecorich
Solar Austin Keller 09g Open PracticesYesterday at 07:52 pmSolarKeller09g
FM/Lewisville/Coppell - Titans Bailey 09 looking for playersYesterday at 07:51 pmTitans Bailey
FM/Lewisville/Coppell - Titans Bailey 08 looking for playersYesterday at 07:50 pmTitans Bailey
2012-13G PEGASUS SC looking for 2 players ( Frisco )Yesterday at 07:46 pmCoachYigit
PEGASUS SC looking for 2 players ( Frisco )Yesterday at 07:45 pmCoachYigit
PEGASUS SC looking for Full Time GOALIE and one Field PlayerYesterday at 07:43 pmCoachYigit
NPL Nationals 2019Yesterday at 07:37 pmdribbleshootscore
Warriors 02G - LH D1 - Adding PlayersYesterday at 06:42 pmWarriors03
Evo 09G Boyle (Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake) looking to aYesterday at 06:00 pmCoachBoyle
Colleyville Evo 08G Boyle Open Practices Yesterday at 05:48 pmCoachBoyle
DFW Thunder 02G GrapevineYesterday at 05:43 pmThunderCoachWhite
Solar 03G Pappas in Grapevine (LHGCL D2 Bye)Yesterday at 04:50 pmHappyDays

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!! Pixel
Statistics
We have 13473 registered users
The newest registered user is enufsoccer

Our users have posted a total of 191481 messages in 26547 subjects

60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!!

Go down

60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!! Empty 60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!!

Post by good4nuthin on 07/08/12, 01:38 pm

A $60 million dollar futbol stadium in Allen - we are moving so the DD can play there!
Oh - never mind - football, not futbol...

Does anyone know if they rent it out for our 03 girls practice?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/07/everythings-bigger-in-texas-especially-this-60-million-high-school-football-stadium/?hpt=hp_t3
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!! Empty Re: 60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!!

Post by Guest on 07/08/12, 01:51 pm

Football (Throwball) is and always will be the number one sports in Texas. I am just suprised it is the 3rd largest HS football stadium in Texas. What are the other two?

Back to top Go down

60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!! Empty Re: 60 Million Dollar Futbol Stadium!!!

Post by mcik17 on 07/08/12, 02:06 pm

I believe Mesquite Memorial Stadium and Ratliff(Odessa) are the 2 biggest high school only stadiums, both seat 20,000(I believe).
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07/08/12, 02:13 pm

Its not the biggest, but it is the prettiest! GO EAGLES!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU on 07/08/12, 05:49 pm

My home town has a 10,000 seat stadium. Know what the population is? 13,000 and that stadium is always full on Fridays. That's Texas
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 on 07/08/12, 06:58 pm

I believe it is the fifth largest high school football stadium in Texas.

Alamo Stadium in San Antonio at 23,000

Mesquite Memorial approximately 20,000 (I have seen it also listed at 20,500).

Ratliff in Odesssa at 19,302

Farrington Field at 18,500 in Fort Worth

Allen Eagles stadium in Allen at 18,000

Last edited by Flatback4 on 08/08/12, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about Farrington Field)

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EPL Fan on 07/08/12, 08:57 pm

In the article it said that the Allen stadium is the largest used by one school. Is that correct? We played Allen last year and the band took up the entire field, had to be close to 650 in the band.
EPL Fan
EPL Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blondefish on 08/08/12, 08:57 am

HOLY COW!!! That IS a pretty stadium! But it chaps my hide at the same time! Keller ISD has FOUR 5-A schools sharing one stadium, and I guarantee you it doesn't sit 20,000!! Thursday night games are really hard on these students (not to mention their parents)!!
Well, at least our last "bond pkg" included turfing the practice fields.
blondefish
blondefish
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.texasmustangssc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 on 08/08/12, 09:31 am

Our education system is far and away behind most of the civilized world, but hey we can throw $60 million towards a place to play football. Yeah, we have our priorities straight....

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08/08/12, 09:36 am

soccerman771 wrote:Our education system is far and away behind most of the civilized world, but hey we can throw $60 million towards a place to play football. Yeah, we have our priorities straight....

There was another 60-70 million put into the school itself. The stadium is not strictly for football use, multi use facility including concernts and other attractions that will pull $$ into the community and surrounding areas. It was not an investment in football, but an investment into the community and area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08/08/12, 11:48 am

Allen has one high school with teacher to student ratios topping 30 to 40 to one ratios. That's teaching only at most 25% percent of students!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08/08/12, 12:03 pm

Last I checked this was still one of the better public school districts for a kid to go to school in in the area. Outstanding graduation rate with a student body that does move on to college. New families still moving here for some reason....

I guess something is being done well in Allen, but thanks for the facts Total always love to hear from a friend!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 on 09/08/12, 12:15 pm

Androfan wrote:
soccerman771 wrote:Our education system is far and away behind most of the civilized world, but hey we can throw $60 million towards a place to play football. Yeah, we have our priorities straight....

There was another 60-70 million put into the school itself. The stadium is not strictly for football use, multi use facility including concernts and other attractions that will pull $$ into the community and surrounding areas. It was not an investment in football, but an investment into the community and area.

I'm not concerned with only Allen. Sports and athletics are more important than education. How many teachers' salaries would that 60M have funded for inner-city students? Our priorities are wrong as a country and state and justifying it by saying Allen is doing good, doesn't help our education standing compared to the rest of the world.

99.5% of the students in Allen will not play sports past High School. Yet 100% of them will need an education after High School.

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM on 09/08/12, 12:59 pm

soccerman771 wrote:
Androfan wrote:

I'm not concerned with only Allen. Sports and athletics are more important than education. How many teachers' salaries would that 60M have funded for inner-city students? Our priorities are wrong as a country and state and justifying it by saying Allen is doing good, doesn't help our education standing compared to the rest of the world.

99.5% of the students in Allen will not play sports past High School. Yet 100% of them will need an education after High School.

So you are saying 100% of students who finish their highschool education in Allen will not be educated enough to do whatever it is they choose to do next, be it college, trade school, or 7-11 clerk?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan on 09/08/12, 01:10 pm

So glad I am a high school football official...can't wait to work a game there.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 09/08/12, 02:04 pm

Yeah but our kids can't read or do math well enough to understand all of that so it's okay
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD on 09/08/12, 05:51 pm

soccerman771 wrote:
Androfan wrote:

Apples and oranges. The Allen stadium was paid for with funds from a designated bond approved by the local voters. The funds could only be used on the designated capital expenditures - construction, equipment, etc.

Wealthy districts like Allen have already paid hundreds of millions of dollars into Robin Hood to subsidize other districts. The funds taken from the district for Robin Hood are the additional funds that would otherwise go to the district's operating budget (teachers' salaries, elective programs etc.). Bonds like the one used for the Allen stadium are not subject to Robin Hood recapture and help insure local benefits are derived from local tax revenue.

How much money do we collectively spend annually on club soccer? Surely that money would be better spent on education as well. Many would say our priorities are wrong. Regardless, we have the right to spend our money as we wish . . . and so do the taxpayers in Allen.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovethegame on 09/08/12, 07:22 pm

We still live in America and we can choose to spend our money however we wish, although the left would love to do otherwise. If you don't like how your school district spends its money then move.

lovethegame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09/08/12, 08:18 pm

I'm wondering if the response would be different if the City of Allen, not AISD, decided to hold a vote on a $120M bond package that was going to be used to build an 18,000 seat outdoor stadium and a 1500 seat performing arts center.

The bonds would be paid off by the city via future property tax revenue, as well as revenue generated by using the stadium to host UIL playoff games, the Tom Landry Kickoff Classic (which is moving from SMU's Ford Stadium to Eagle Stadium starting in 2013), the NFL Network's "Texas vs. the Nation" college all-star game (coming to Eagle Stadium next January), regional marching band competitions, High School graduations, etc. Oh by the way, the City would allow Allen H.S. to play it's home football games in the Stadium for no cost.

The performing arts center would be state of the art and again would be paid for through future tax revenue and rental fees, and the City would allow Allen ISD to use it for band, orchestra, choral, and theatre arts performances at no cost to the school.

One of the large selling points to Allen residents would be the ancillary impact that hosting the above mentioned events would have on the local economy and businesses in Allen. Restaurants, hotels, shopping, etc...

Again, if it was the City of Allen that did this, and not AISD, would the reaction be different, and if so, why?

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf on 10/08/12, 12:45 pm

lovethegame wrote:We still live in America and we can choose to spend our money however we wish, although the left would love to do otherwise. If you don't like how your school district spends its money then move.

Amen.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://canislupust7w.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents on 10/08/12, 02:28 pm

lovethegame wrote:We still live in America and we can choose to spend our money however we wish, although the left would love to do otherwise. If you don't like how your school district spends its money then move.

The futbol left or the football left? Or the school district left? Rolling Eyes

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pass-it on 11/08/12, 10:00 am

totalsoccer wrote:Allen has one high school with teacher to student ratios topping 30 to 40 to one ratios. That's teaching only at most 25% percent of students!

Allen High School has 4000 students, student/teacher ratio is under 20

pass-it
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum