North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who wins Lake Highlands D3? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Who wins Lake Highlands D3?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who wins Lake Highlands D3? Empty Who wins Lake Highlands D3?

Post by andypanda 13/08/12, 12:33 pm

Who is going to take Div. 3 now that QT is complete?

Looks like Sting now Lighting will take it all.
andypanda
andypanda
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Who wins Lake Highlands D3? Empty Re: Who wins Lake Highlands D3?

Post by KeepersKeeper 13/08/12, 12:51 pm

andypanda wrote:Who is going to take Div. 3 now that QT is complete?

I'm sure DT Red, Lady A's, and Redstar will disagree. I'm guessing it will be DT Red!
KeepersKeeper
KeepersKeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 13/08/12, 01:30 pm

Really?? Why you say this? Wait, because they won a bunch of games lately? Look who they played...

Got the EASY draw in their OWN tournament. Puma: FC Force, Spirit North Red and Texans White
Got the EASY draw on the first weekend of QT ... getting their SISTER team, Lighting White, GSSC and Kicks Blue
Got Lucky they didn't play AFC 01 Red in QT weekend 2
Oh, wait, they made the championship game this past weekend at Texas Summer Classic....yep, they will win D3

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kestreldave 13/08/12, 01:47 pm

Would have been interesting to watch Texas Lighting Black vs. DT Red in the finals of the Puma Cup last month, but since Lighting lost to an '02 team in the semi's that didn't happen.

kestreldave
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/08/12, 02:49 pm

Joe scafone wrote:

Really?? Why you say this? Wait, because they won a bunch of games lately? Look who they played...

Got the EASY draw in their OWN tournament. Puma: FC Force, Spirit North Red and Texans White
Got the EASY draw on the first weekend of QT ... getting their SISTER team, Lighting White, GSSC and Kicks Blue
Got Lucky they didn't play AFC 01 Red in QT weekend 2
Oh, wait, they made the championship game this past weekend at Texas Summer Classic....yep, they will win D3

Only time will tell - it looks like no teams really won much more than 50% of thiere games.

Is this list correct?

FC LADY AZTECS FC 01 (Down from D2)
TEXAS REDSTAR 01 G (Down from D2)
DALLAS TEXANS 01 RED (D3 bye)
TFC 01G BLUE (D3 bye)
DIAMONDS 01G (D3 bye)
COSMOS 01G BLACK (D3 bye)
QT1: TEXAS LIGHTNING BLACK (Formerly Sting West Sampaio)
QT2: AFC RED
QT3: KICKS SC BLUE
QT4: STING WEST (O'Keefe)

Last edited by Hook It on 13/08/12, 02:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/08/12, 02:53 pm

Hook It wrote:
Is this list correct?

TFC 01G BLUE (D3 bye)
DIAMONDS 01G (D3 bye)

Correct, with the 4 teams that qualified via the QT added above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/08/12, 02:56 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Is this list correct?

TFC 01G BLUE (D3 bye)
DIAMONDS 01G (D3 bye)

Correct, with the 4 teams that qualified via the QT added above.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/08/12, 02:59 pm

Thanks!

So, any experience as to weather newbees do better that existing teams which have earned a bye and are developing?

Also, what about those teams which dropped down from D2 - hardly ever even won a game last year.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/08/12, 03:11 pm

kestreldave wrote:Would have been interesting to watch Texas Lighting Black vs. DT Red in the finals of the Puma Cup last month, but since Lighting lost to an '02 team in the semi's that didn't happen.

Good point....seem DT RED has a strong chance this year!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kestreldave 13/08/12, 03:24 pm

Hook It wrote:
kestreldave wrote:Would have been interesting to watch Texas Lighting Black vs. DT Red in the finals of the Puma Cup last month, but since Lighting lost to an '02 team in the semi's that didn't happen.

As strong of a chance as anyone else in D3. The point was how silly it is for someone to prognosticate that a team that just qualified for D3 by beating PPL teams is going to also run through all of the experienced D3 teams. Rolling Eyes

kestreldave
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/08/12, 06:27 pm

KeepersKeeper wrote:

I'm sure DT Red, Lady A's, and Redstar will disagree. I'm guessing it will be DT Red!

I understand TFC Blue also added several high quality players. Whoever it ultimately is, it should be another very exciting season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/08/12, 07:40 pm

ZenFutbol wrote:
KeepersKeeper wrote:

I understand TFC Blue also added several high quality players. Whoever it ultimately is, it should be another very exciting season.
Agreed! and as I understand it to go up from U12 D3 to U13 D2 only 1 team changes this year and evry year afterwards.

LH will actually reduce down ro 29 total teams for U13 & U14 and 28 for U15 abd beyond.

I can already feel it!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/08/12, 07:44 pm

kestreldave wrote:
Hook It wrote:

As strong of a chance as anyone else in D3. The point was how silly it is for someone to prognosticate that a team that just qualified for D3 by beating PPL teams is going to also run through all of the experienced D3 teams. Rolling Eyes

PROG NOS IT CATE, got it! My new word for the day. I am going to tyr it out on my kids tonight.

Anyhow - I agree with you, but it is exciting for new teams to make it into the best soccer league in the world!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 13/08/12, 08:39 pm

Hey andypanda, Norm says he's driving and that you should sit in the passenger seat while keeping your mouth shut.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flippinA 13/08/12, 09:35 pm

I believe DT Glotz wins this division hands down. I do think they have a really strong defensive team, but struggle to score goals and finish, like many 01 teams. So they could possible see many draws this season. They won't give up many goals though, i will bet less than 1 goal per game and possible only 10 on the full season. After that, its anybody game.
2. TFC Blue
3. Diamonds (took off all summer, could be a good thing or a bad thing)
4. Lightning(has been dominating its competition over the summer. Won't be surprised if they give Glotz a run for the money)
5. AFC (good showing in summer tournaments, seems to be playing as strong as Lightning, only time will tell)
6. Cosmos(took summer off)
7. Redstar(has played in a few tournaments this summer with a decent showing and playing top teams like Solar Monte, this weekends tournament will be a tough one for them)
8. Lady Aztecs(falling from D1 and not scoring many goals over the full season. How much team drama did that stir up? Did anybody leave because they were upset? Been quiet all summer. That is a concern)
9. Sting Okeefe (showed well in many tournaments this summer, but didn't really play many quality opponents. They could easily beat AFC and Lightning, but could also be at 9th.)
10. Kicks Blue(they borrowed 5 Kicks SC players for LH qualifying. Don't think they will be playing during regular season. This team will be the step child of the league)
flippinA
flippinA
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpop76 13/08/12, 11:40 pm

Hey FlippinA get your facts straight, Kicks Blue borrowed zero players from it's sister teams for the qualifier. Give credit where credit is due, these are some hard working girls that have been busy with nothing but soccer this summer, in the end all the hard work paid off. Ignorance is always spoken from what one does not understand or
comprehend, but in the end it's just words of fear that you speak. Nice predictions you came up with, you really did your homework genius.
soccerpop76
soccerpop76
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96-01-03g dad 14/08/12, 12:00 am

No guest players in QT... ever right?
96-01-03g dad
96-01-03g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpop76 14/08/12, 07:29 am

In regards to LHGCL QT and the rest of the season, what you see, is what you get. It's ok to say your intimidated by the team, maybe even a little fearful , but don't drop your britches and throw out accusation's about a team you know zero about. Ask the coach for a roster, he'll be glad to show you one. I sure like how you have to come up with any excuse in your head so that the recent success of this team would make since. Try good old fashioned hard work and dedication, a life skill my DD will carry with her in everything else she does. You can sit around and make excuses to why your not successful or you can get up and do something about it, our girls chose to get up and do something about it, I can see you which one you chose.
soccerpop76
soccerpop76
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/12, 08:30 am

soccerpop76 wrote:Hey FlippinA get your facts straight, Kicks Blue borrowed zero players from it's sister teams for the qualifier. Give credit where credit is due, these are some hard working girls that have been busy with nothing but soccer this summer, in the end all the hard work paid off. Ignorance is always spoken from what one does not understand or
comprehend, but in the end it's just words of fear that you speak. Nice predictions you came up with, you really did your homework genius.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo tempting...................must...............bite.....................tounge.........................harder................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/12, 08:30 am

flippinA wrote:I believe DT Glotz wins this division hands down. I do think they have a really strong defensive team, but struggle to score goals and finish, like many 01 teams. So they could possible see many draws this season. They won't give up many goals though, i will bet less than 1 goal per game and possible only 10 on the full season. After that, its anybody game.
2. TFC Blue
4. Lightning(has been dominating its competition over the summer. Won't be surprised if they give Glotz a run for the money)
5. AFC (good showing in summer tournaments, seems to be playing as strong as Lightning, only time will tell)
7. Redstar(has played in a few tournaments this summer with a decent showing and playing top teams like Solar Monte, this weekends tournament will be a tough one for them)
8. Lady Aztecs(falling from D1 and not scoring many goals over the full season. How much team drama did that stir up? Did anybody leave because they were upset? Been quiet all summer. That is a concern)
9. Sting Okeefe (showed well in many tournaments this summer, but didn't really play many quality opponents. They could easily beat AFC and Lightning, but could also be at 9th.)
10. Kicks Blue(they borrowed 5 Kicks SC players for LH qualifying. Don't think they will be playing during regular season. This team will be the step child of the league)

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 14/08/12, 08:49 am

soccerpop76 wrote:In regards to LHGCL QT and the rest of the season, what you see, is what you get. It's ok to say your intimidated by the team, maybe even a little fearful , but don't drop your britches and throw out accusation's about a team you know zero about. Ask the coach for a roster, he'll be glad to show you one. I sure like how you have to come up with any excuse in your head so that the recent success of this team would make since. Try good old fashioned hard work and dedication, a life skill my DD will carry with her in everything else she does. You can sit around and make excuses to why your not successful or you can get up and do something about it, our girls chose to get up and do something about it, I can see you which one you chose.

These guys are like a slow defender who starts grabbing shorts, stomping ankles and talking about your momma in your ear because they're tired of getting beat.

Don't get drawn into it. The same group has been saying the same things for years. They said it about the other two Kicks teams until it became clear their success was no fluke.

It's almost a rite of passage at this point. You aren't doing well as an underdog until haters crawl out the cracks to give you some grief. It's a sign you're on the right track.

Keep doing what you're doing and the results will speak for themselves. Cool

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 09:04 am

flippinA wrote:I believe DT Glotz wins this division hands down. I do think they have a really strong defensive team, but struggle to score goals and finish, like many 01 teams. So they could possible see many draws this season. They won't give up many goals though, i will bet less than 1 goal per game and possible only 10 on the full season. After that, its anybody game.
2. TFC Blue

1) I believe that DT will be near the top, espically if are they they same team as the fall. I hear though that they had a few players move up to D2 teams. I looked they only had 9 goals last year, but still ended up 3rd. They must have a good keper or Dline.
2) TFC Blue had no draws - only W/L that seems strange to me - not sure what to make of it except that you may never know which team will show up or if there W's were coming from just 1-2 players.
3) Saw them at Grapevine Summer Tournament at the end - they did have medals - 1st or 2nd?
4) Lightening - got to believe they will have a winning/respectable record.
5) Cosmos - have not heard anything
6-10) for me D1 drop downs and newbees certainly it will make the mix fun! I would think some parents will not pay $$$ to watch you DD lose another 16/18 games so there must be some shuffeling.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 09:09 am

4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
soccerpop76 wrote:In regards to LHGCL QT and the rest of the season, what you see, is what you get. It's ok to say your intimidated by the team, maybe even a little fearful , but don't drop your britches and throw out accusation's about a team you know zero about. Ask the coach for a roster, he'll be glad to show you one. I sure like how you have to come up with any excuse in your head so that the recent success of this team would make since. Try good old fashioned hard work and dedication, a life skill my DD will carry with her in everything else she does. You can sit around and make excuses to why your not successful or you can get up and do something about it, our girls chose to get up and do something about it, I can see you which one you chose.

These guys are like a slow defender who starts grabbing shorts, stomping ankles and talking about your momma in your ear because they're tired of getting beat.

Don't get drawn into it. The same group has been saying the same things for years. They said it about the other two Kicks teams until it became clear their success was no fluke.

It's almost a rite of passage at this point. You aren't doing well as an underdog until haters crawl out the cracks to give you some grief. It's a sign you're on the right track.

Keep doing what you're doing and the results will speak for themselves. Cool

Kudos to Kicks for sure with a 4th & 14th finish for their other teams. System is clearly working up there - good luck with the 3rd team!!!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpop76 14/08/12, 09:33 am

Time to get back on the subject "Who wins Lake Highlands D3?"

1) Sting -tough and physical and on a good path.
2) Kicks Blue- Will be this seasons sleeper team.
3) DT Glotz-Picked up a fast forward, but may fear the kickball style my not hold up this season.
4)Diamonds-Strong and skillfull, could easilly finish in top 3.
5) AFC-have had a determination all summer to go qualify for LH, and the hard work obviously paid off, still a long road ahead.
6) TFC Blue-nothing really productive for this team this summer and may have put their guard down too soon, but this team could go either way.
7) Lightning-still have a lot to prove, not to convinced this team is any threat, especially after racking up points against their own sister team during the LH qualifier.
8-9) Redstar or Lady Aztecs-Have been too quite this summer
10) Cosmos- A few losses under their belt here lately??
soccerpop76
soccerpop76
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 10:19 am

Time to get back on the subject "Who wins Lake Highlands D3?"

1) Sting -tough and physical and on a good path. Top5 Optimistic for not having played consistently against LHGCL
2) Kicks Blue- Will be this seasons sleeper team. Very Optimistic need more facts - middle of the pack
3) DT Glotz-Picked up a fast forward, but may fear the kickball style my not hold up this season. Top 3 probably top 2.. proven track record plus added speed?
4)Diamonds-Strong and skillfull could easilly finish in top 3. Believeable but need more data - strong 2nd half last year and look like they beat DT both times last year.
5) AFC-have had a determination all summer to go qualify for LH, and the hard work obviously paid off, still a long road ahead. Well said, could do better if they can move the ball as a team and not individuals.
6) TFC Blue-nothing really productive for this team this summer and may have put their guard down too soon, but this team could go either way. Hard one for me as they were so on and off last year - need to know about any team changes.
7) Lightning-still have a lot to prove, not to convinced this team is any threat, especially after racking up points against their own sister team during the LH qualifier. Have potential, agreed need to see the performance directly say against a DT like team.
8-9) Redstar or Lady Aztecs-Have been too quite this summer ?? Only 3 wins combine last year but competition was brutal - could be some surprise here but doubtful.
10) Cosmos- A few losses under their belt here lately?? Agreed if I had to pick one for the bottom

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next