North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 4 Empty Re: Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Post by MyLittleSecret 11/10/12, 02:30 pm

Our coach has been at this a long time. He has trained coaches, referees and continues his love of teaching the girls soccer. Me tells the parents to cheer for the girls and keep quiet about the referee's calls. His point is that nothing good comes complaining about the referees. They are doing their best and none of the complaints will will get you anything but in trouble. It makes for little drama in the stands, but we do not have to worry about our DD's being penalized for our actions. Our only topic of discussion is usually how loud the parents of the other team are. Very Happy

MyLittleSecret
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 4 Empty Re: Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Post by Blank77 11/10/12, 02:39 pm

MyLittleSecret wrote:Our coach has been at this a long time. He has trained coaches, referees and continues his love of teaching the girls soccer. Me tells the parents to cheer for the girls and keep quiet about the referee's calls. His point is that nothing good comes complaining about the referees. They are doing their best and none of the complaints will will get you anything but in trouble. It makes for little drama in the stands, but we do not have to worry about our DD's being penalized for our actions. Our only topic of discussion is usually how loud the parents of the other team are. Very Happy

Wtf? confused
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LC57 11/10/12, 07:41 pm

Blank77 wrote:
MyLittleSecret wrote:Our coach has been at this a long time. He has trained coaches, referees and continues his love of teaching the girls soccer. Me tells the parents to cheer for the girls and keep quiet about the referee's calls. His point is that nothing good comes complaining about the referees. They are doing their best and none of the complaints will will get you anything but in trouble. It makes for little drama in the stands, but we do not have to worry about our DD's being penalized for our actions. Our only topic of discussion is usually how loud the parents of the other team are. Very Happy

Wtf? confused

Me tells the parents too.
LC57
LC57
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 11/10/12, 08:40 pm

It's a typo. That's all.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/10/12, 02:06 am

The Dribbler was taken down with a quick tug. It's a basic "professional" foul and she should've been shown a yellow card. It's part of the game. The AFC folks were wound up and should probably slowly change teams because once a group crosses that line they never go back. Too many false expectations create that environment.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 12/10/12, 02:29 pm

This just in from the LHGCL NewsMail #5

The following language has been added to Section IV LHGCL Play, Sub-Section H of the League Rules:

9. 9. Abandonments.

a. Abandonments are defined as games ended short of completion by either a referee or LHGCL Official for misbehavior or misconduct by any party. If a game is properly abandoned, the offending team (to be determined at the sole discretion of LHGCL) will receive 0 (zero) points/goals regardless of score. The non-offending team will receive at least one point/goal if they have not scored or number of goals scored whichever is greater.

b. The penalty for an abandoned game for the offending team is a $500 (five hundred dollar) fine (cash or money order only) and 1 (one) point deduction from standing points. The team will not be able to play until the fine is received by the league. League decision is final
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 12/10/12, 03:36 pm

scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Xara wrote:The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

But what's more crazy is the reaction that the coach of the red team allowed from his players. You can hear one or more of them loudly deriding the referee from the bench. One would expect the coach to question the call, but the girls on the bench? And with so much attitude? It is therefore easy to assume that many of the red players on the field were being flippant if that this the type of tolerance allowed by the coach. And my guess would be the parents were equally mouthy.

Good job, ref.

I watched it again, and I don't think the girl was ever touched. I think she just went down and I can see the case for AFC being upset...BUT, that type of call is made all the time. One thing I thought was odd, he seemed concerned about who was kicking it - looked like he asked white several times who was taking the kick? Why does that matter, place the ball - walk it off - and let play resume.

Agreed, that is what I thought until I saw the slow-mo at the end of the video, looks like the foot was just barely clipped causing the trip. Anyway you are correct, almost every game has a few bad/missed calls. It took a long time to sort it out which I am sure added to the frustration.

The HD Video is great - I want one, although I don't have the patience to do it at the game, no way no how!

This video is getting scrutinized more than the Zapruder film! It's my opinion that she was not touched and from the manner she fell...it appeared to be more of a drop than a reaction to being tripped.

You must have been one of the NFL replacement refs. The foot is clipped. It looks completely inadvertent but it is clipped and she went down. Unlucky, but still a foul.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 12/10/12, 03:39 pm

midfieldersdad wrote:This just in from the LHGCL NewsMail #5

The following language has been added to Section IV LHGCL Play, Sub-Section H of the League Rules:

9. 9. Abandonments.

a. Abandonments are defined as games ended short of completion by either a referee or LHGCL Official for misbehavior or misconduct by any party. If a game is properly abandoned, the offending team (to be determined at the sole discretion of LHGCL) will receive 0 (zero) points/goals regardless of score. The non-offending team will receive at least one point/goal if they have not scored or number of goals scored whichever is greater.

b. The penalty for an abandoned game for the offending team is a $500 (five hundred dollar) fine (cash or money order only) and 1 (one) point deduction from standing points. The team will not be able to play until the fine is received by the league. League decision is final

Ouch
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 12/10/12, 03:55 pm

nukem wrote:

9. 9. Abandonments.

Ouch
That's severe.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/12, 04:03 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
nukem wrote:

9. 9. Abandonments.

Ouch
That's severe.

...and appropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/12, 04:51 pm

nukem wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Xara wrote:The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

But what's more crazy is the reaction that the coach of the red team allowed from his players. You can hear one or more of them loudly deriding the referee from the bench. One would expect the coach to question the call, but the girls on the bench? And with so much attitude? It is therefore easy to assume that many of the red players on the field were being flippant if that this the type of tolerance allowed by the coach. And my guess would be the parents were equally mouthy.

Good job, ref.

I watched it again, and I don't think the girl was ever touched. I think she just went down and I can see the case for AFC being upset...BUT, that type of call is made all the time. One thing I thought was odd, he seemed concerned about who was kicking it - looked like he asked white several times who was taking the kick? Why does that matter, place the ball - walk it off - and let play resume.

Agreed, that is what I thought until I saw the slow-mo at the end of the video, looks like the foot was just barely clipped causing the trip. Anyway you are correct, almost every game has a few bad/missed calls. It took a long time to sort it out which I am sure added to the frustration.

The HD Video is great - I want one, although I don't have the patience to do it at the game, no way no how!

This video is getting scrutinized more than the Zapruder film! It's my opinion that she was not touched and from the manner she fell...it appeared to be more of a drop than a reaction to being tripped.

You must have been one of the NFL replacement refs. The foot is clipped. It looks completely inadvertent but it is clipped and she went down. Unlucky, but still a foul.

Nuke'em, That was my original post while watching on my phone...later I watched on my PC and 'reversed my previous ruling' ...and posted my reversal!
Yes I admitted I was wrong....and I was one of the NFL replacement refs...you may have seen me toss my hat aside in the Tampa Bay game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 12/10/12, 05:47 pm

Ref got the call correct.

If you had to watch the video several times even in instant replay then imagine the referee having to make that call within a split second and no replay. This is an excellent video to prove a point about people seeing things differently. We have parents on the sideline 40 to 60 yards away calling it one way. But you have 50 parents looking at the video and still can't get the call correct. Let's start giving the ref a benefit of the doubt.

Good job Mr. Ref!
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 12/10/12, 06:11 pm

scoop99 wrote:
nukem wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

Good job, ref.

Nuke'em, That was my original post while watching on my phone...later I watched on my PC and 'reversed my previous ruling' ...and posted my reversal!
Yes I admitted I was wrong....and I was one of the NFL replacement refs...you may have seen me toss my hat aside in the Tampa Bay game.

I was just giving you a hard time. I haven't posted in a while and your post was the only one I could come up with a half witty response.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Talker 13/10/12, 01:31 pm

9. 9. Abandonments.

100% correct call, even if he may not have explained it well. Like it our not, the foot got clipped and the foul was properly called. You can't give that DD an opportunity just outside the box because she's got a boot.
Soccer Talker
Soccer Talker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Talker 13/10/12, 01:34 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:The players on the field can be carded but the people on the sidelines cannot. The referee can show the people on the sideline the card as a symbol but it doesn't mean anything to them. The only thing a referee can do to the people off the field is eject them and stop the game as everyone waits for the offenders to be escorted off the field. That doesn't require a card though.

This would be an exciting hearing to attend.

Winning goal? I thought the final was 3-0 Diamonds?
Soccer Talker
Soccer Talker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 13/10/12, 03:09 pm

SoccerTalker wrote:

9. 9. Abandonments.

100% correct call, even if he may not have explained it well. Like it our not, the foot got clipped and the foul was properly called. You can't give that DD an opportunity just outside the box because she's got a boot.

Less Filling!

Tastes Great!

lol!
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 13/10/12, 03:59 pm

SoccerTalker wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:The players on the field can be carded but the people on the sidelines cannot. The referee can show the people on the sideline the card as a symbol but it doesn't mean anything to them. The only thing a referee can do to the people off the field is eject them and stop the game as everyone waits for the offenders to be escorted off the field. That doesn't require a card though.

This would be an exciting hearing to attend.

Winning goal? I thought the final was 3-0 Diamonds?

Apparently the game was recorded as a forfeit due to the abandonment.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 13/10/12, 11:17 pm

The 3-0 score won't always be the score of an abandoned game (see below, from an email that the league sent out this week).

"In response to these unfortunate events, the Board of Directors of the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League voted to enact a new rule regarding abandonment. The following language has been added to Section IV LHGCL Play, Sub-Section H of the League Rules:
9. 9. Abandonments.

b. The penalty for an abandoned game for the offending team is a $500 (five hundred dollar) fine (cash or money order only) and 1 (one) point deduction from standing points. The team will not be able to play until the fine is received by the league. League decision is final"

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 14/10/12, 09:52 am

So... Did ACES pay the $500 and did they play yesterday at 8:00 am as scheduled?

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 14/10/12, 09:59 am

If the events caused the additional rule, which I highly doubt, they couldn't go back in time to enforce rules that didn't exist at the time the even occured. That is like saying it is illegal to drive a car until you are 18 and going back and arresting all of us that drove at 16 before this was a law.

Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 14/10/12, 02:16 pm

LHGCL NewsMail #5:

"Disciplinary issues continue to be a serious problem for our league. So far, just a few months into our soccer year, we have seen 3 games abandoned. There are many reasons for an abandoned game, none of them good. There is one constant though, and that is that these abandonments are being caused by adults, not players. It is so unfortunate that the actions of certain individuals may have such a negative effect on these young ladies.
In response to these unfortunate events, the Board of Directors of the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League voted to enact a new rule regarding abandonment. The following language has been added to Section IV LHGCL Play, Sub-Section H of the League Rules:"

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 14/10/12, 08:49 pm

Blank77 wrote:If the events caused the additional rule, which I highly doubt, they couldn't go back in time to enforce rules that didn't exist at the time the even occured. That is like saying it is illegal to drive a car until you are 18 and going back and arresting all of us that drove at 16 before this was a law.

David May just let out a breath when he read your post. He was looking at thousands of dollars in fines if the rule was retroactive.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 15/10/12, 09:21 am

Blank77 wrote:If the events caused the additional rule, which I highly doubt, they couldn't go back in time to enforce rules that didn't exist at the time the even occured. That is like saying it is illegal to drive a car until you are 18 and going back and arresting all of us that drove at 16 before this was a law.

I think the additional rule was partially caused by this event but you are correct and my bad on assuming retroactivity - not sure what I was thinking there.

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4