Latest topics
Solar 08G Williams White w/LH D1 Bye looking for playersToday at 02:43 pmSoccer08
SuperCopa Today at 02:42 pmProphAC
DKSC 06G HART- LHGCL D1Today at 02:39 pmKicksCoachRonHart
How much is too much celebrating?Today at 02:36 pmMARsSPEED
Only 1 spot left on our Roster...Join a Family Not A Team Today at 02:27 pmFirecrackers07G
Evolution 04B Scannell Tryouts Colleyville/Grapevine/SouthlaToday at 02:15 pmColleyvilleEvolution
Sting 08 Heedum Open PracticeToday at 02:15 pmsting71
Sting 06 Brandt Open PracticeToday at 02:12 pmsting71
Evolution 05B Scannell Tryouts Colleyville/Grapevine/SouthlaToday at 02:11 pmColleyvilleEvolution
Elite United FC 06B (Arana) Open PracticesToday at 02:06 pmFrankoGerald
Open Practice Sessions Solar ECNL 05B MartinezToday at 02:02 pmGottalovesoccer
D1-Elite United FC 07B (Arana) Open PracticesToday at 02:02 pmFrankoGerald
Open Practice Sessions Solar 05B MartinezToday at 01:55 pmGottalovesoccer
Odyssey '05B - Open Sessions (Keller - Plano DI)Today at 01:53 pmjmorgan1155
Open Practice Sessions- Solar 07B MartinezToday at 01:51 pmGottalovesoccer
Solar 07B Volkan Classic D2Today at 01:50 pmSolar07BVolkan
09G WANTING TO PLAY 08G? *FORT WORTH* TEAM LOOKING 4 PLAYERSToday at 01:50 pmtcheek
SESC 08G OPEN PRACTICE *FORT WORTH* LOOKING FOR PLAYERSToday at 01:48 pmtcheek
SOARING EAGLES SC 08G IN *FORT WORTH* LOOKING FOR PLAYERSToday at 01:44 pmtcheek
Odyssey '05B - Plano DI (Bye)-(Keller and surrounding areas)Today at 01:43 pmjmorgan1155
Solar 06 Boys D1 Hildebrand Open SessionsToday at 01:38 pmSolar 06 Boys
FCD Central Gold - Open Practices Today at 01:35 pmFCDCentralGold06G
McKinney United 05G - Looking to Add 2 PlayersToday at 01:34 pmGame Within The Game
Solar 07G Rundell - LHGCL D1 - Open SessionsToday at 01:10 pm07girls
06 G Div 1 looking for a keeperToday at 01:08 pmTexans 06 Girls Dallas

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Jr ECNL  Are they lowering the starting age? Pixel
Statistics
We have 13440 registered users
The newest registered user is JudOwens

Our users have posted a total of 191058 messages in 26395 subjects

Jr ECNL Are they lowering the starting age?

Go down

Jr ECNL  Are they lowering the starting age? Empty Jr ECNL Are they lowering the starting age?

Post by Hook It on 31/10/12, 10:16 pm

Has anybody heard about ECNL starting up for U11/U12? FC Dallas Premiere coach says his team won't play lake Highlands at u11 it's to easy and disorginized, they will play JR ECNL....

Does anyone else know anything?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Jr ECNL  Are they lowering the starting age? Empty Re: Jr ECNL Are they lowering the starting age?

Post by HomeAgain on 31/10/12, 10:44 pm

I think its an informal thing FCD is trying to start so they avoid taking the usual route of Lake Highlands.

My biggest question is - okay, so are you going to be loyal to your pre-ecnl kids, or when "JR ENCL" or Regular ENCL comes around and you have girls from lake highlands tryout (who for whatever reason are better than the kids in your pre-ecnl program) - are you going to bump the prodigies you've been working with for 2 years??? And then, what happens to the bumped girls?

Which is a whole other question - FCD has impressed me as not being at all loyal to its girls - true/false? Do any clubs (coaches) have a reputation for being loyal?
HomeAgain
HomeAgain
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Jr ECNL  Are they lowering the starting age? Empty Re: Jr ECNL Are they lowering the starting age?

Post by BumpyPitch on 31/10/12, 10:50 pm

FCD has all their eggs in one basket on the boys side. They are looking for homegrown talent to bring into the MLS/franchise. Smart, inexpensive and if they sell a player - cha-ching...$$$$$$

Pre-Academy, USSF Development Academy are all free to players on the Boys side. Is it free for the ECNL players/families as well?
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 01/11/12, 06:55 am

ddsgotgame wrote:I think its an informal thing FCD is trying to start so they avoid taking the usual route of Lake Highlands.

My biggest question is - okay, so are you going to be loyal to your pre-ecnl kids, or when "JR ENCL" or Regular ENCL comes around and you have girls from lake highlands tryout (who for whatever reason are better than the kids in your pre-ecnl program) - are you going to bump the prodigies you've been working with for 2 years??? And then, what happens to the bumped girls?

Which is a whole other question - FCD has impressed me as not being at all loyal to its girls - true/false? Do any clubs (coaches) have a reputation for being loyal?

All clubs/teams are extremely loyal to the kids they 'need'.

Of course the definition of 'need' varies by team and the team objective. In some cases they need a player to win an ECNL national championship and in other cases they need a kid to fill out the roster for the team to make, and pay the bills, for a Plano team.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave on 02/11/12, 11:06 am

Interesting ...

I think Lake Highlands has historically been very organized. The fields are as good as anywhere in the country (note that the ECNL fields in Austin and OK have really sucked in the near past).

As far as competition ... hmm ... I think the 01G LH D1 is pretty competitive. The only team that seems to have been completely dominant is Solar Red and I think they have gotten good comp.

I'm not sure that they would get better comp in Jr ECNL at U11.

A lot of this stuff is driven by $$$ (and "control" in order to get $$$).

All I can say is that the cost for your DD to play soccer is going to increase significantly if you go to more travel sooner (and no matter how they sell it, it will be MORE travel SOONER).

PS ... there's nothing like spending a bunch of money and time to get somewhere out of town and get rained out ... lots of fun.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm on 02/11/12, 11:18 am

Kenshi Dave wrote:Interesting ...

I think Lake Highlands has historically been very organized. The fields are as good as anywhere in the country (note that the ECNL fields in Austin and OK have really sucked in the near past).

As far as competition ... hmm ... I think the 01G LH D1 is pretty competitive. The only team that seems to have been completely dominant is Solar Red and I think they have gotten good comp.

All I can say is that the cost for your DD to play soccer is going to increase significantly if you go to more travel sooner (and no matter how they sell it, it will be MORE travel SOONER).

PS ... there's nothing like spending a bunch of money and time to get somewhere out of town and get rained out ... lots of fun.

Who are you and what have you done to Kenshi Dave???? Nice to see you post again.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02/11/12, 11:20 am

What he said. All of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02/11/12, 11:32 am

What would be interesting to see is if any of this would be leverage for LHGCL to consider reverting back to 10 Team D1 & D2 at U11, instead of the 20 team Supergroup.

I could see where coaches of the top teams in D1 could be frustrated by a lack of competition at U11, and would consider moving to a format that would pit them against the other "big dogs" from NTX + the top team from the other ECNL clubs which are probably more likely to be close to Top 10 NTX competition, than the 5 or 6 teams at the bottom of the U11 supergroup who are mere canon fodder for the top D1 teams.

With the split into D1 & D2 at U12, the games have been FAR more competitive on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 02/11/12, 11:35 am

Other than the 10-15 NTX DD's a year who are destined to play D1 at major soccer programs and receive significant $ to do so, LHGCL seems more than adequate to provide a competitive environment and exposure for the rest.

The challenge is that many of us want to think our DD's are one of those 10-15 and the clubs all use it in their sales pitch.

Most of the NTX ECNL girls end up at TX, OK, LA and AR schools not in the Big 12 or SEC that have always taken significant #'s from NTX, even before ECNL existed.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum