Latest topics
WILL IT BE YOU!!Today at 08:00 pmroger@renegades
08 B Tornados FC team looking for goalie and few players Today at 07:46 pmKellyleverett
How much is too much celebrating?Today at 07:37 pmBENDMEOVER
SuperCopa Today at 06:57 pmMARsSPEED
Dallas Texans 11G West Diaz (Play for Free)Today at 05:47 pmDallas Texans West
Dallas Texans 06G FDL Red - LHGCL D1 / FDL Today at 05:38 pmDallas Texans West
Dallas Texans 05G FDL (College Exposure)Today at 05:35 pmDallas Texans West
Supercopa 07 showingToday at 04:45 pmCATX
Titans FC 04 NPL / Classic D3 Tryout and Open SessionsToday at 01:09 pmJasonWhisenant
Solar 04B - AllenToday at 12:43 pmntxsoccerchat
07B looking for a TeamToday at 12:29 pmSoccerislife17
D'Feeters 05G Black Open SessionsToday at 07:35 amDAM FLY SOCCER
Team to Scrimmage - Thursday Flower Mound/Lewisville AreaToday at 07:34 amtxspiritnorth09G
07 Keeper Looking for Team in Richardson/Plano areaToday at 05:23 amsbarton12
FC Dallas 07G - Open Practices - Frisco - LHGCL D2 ByeYesterday at 07:23 pmt5555
Looking for Keeper for Solar 08B TeamYesterday at 03:41 pmHoldingMid
GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANYYesterday at 03:34 pmmusaisaya
AYSES SC - DEVELOPMENT IS GOAL : WINNING IS RESULTYesterday at 03:32 pmmusaisaya
Chelsea East Blue 04B looking for 2-3 playersYesterday at 03:26 pmChelsea East
Fort Worth Thunder 08/09 teamYesterday at 03:14 pmjgarcia303030
Fort Worth Thunder - Not D1 Classic - Not DA - TryoutsYesterday at 03:14 pmjgarcia303030
D’feeters ‘06 Girls ECRL/NPL/LHGCL D1 Open SessionsYesterday at 03:06 pmfooty magic
Velocity Elite FC looking to add a few playersYesterday at 02:58 pmHappyDays
Solar 03B/04B Pappas - Adding Players in GrapevineYesterday at 02:57 pmHappyDays
Solar 03B Pappas - Adding Players in GrapevineYesterday at 02:55 pmHappyDays

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who will win the Texas Cup? Pixel
Statistics
We have 13433 registered users
The newest registered user is soccermom68

Our users have posted a total of 190849 messages in 26336 subjects

Who will win the Texas Cup?

Go down

Who wins Texas Cup???

Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_lcap0%Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_lcap6%Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_lcap13%Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_lcap38%Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 12 ]
Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_lcap31%Who will win the Texas Cup? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 32

Who will win the Texas Cup? Empty Who will win the Texas Cup?

Post by Hook It on 09/11/12, 12:08 am

What do you all think? Solar Bates RED.... again or will there be an upset on Turkey week?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Who will win the Texas Cup? Empty Re: Who will win the Texas Cup?

Post by soccer4fun on 09/11/12, 10:58 am

curious anyone from Solar 01, I had heard at the end of last season, lots of issues, kids leaving, coach leaving, etc. etc., was that all "forum nonsense"... it sounds like the team is doing just fine.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone on 09/11/12, 01:12 pm

I'm curious to how good this lil Mexican team is. You don't travel all the way from Nuevo León to not compete. Anyone have insight?

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09/11/12, 05:04 pm

Joe scafone wrote:I'm curious to how good this lil Mexican team is. You don't travel all the way from Nuevo León to not compete. Anyone have insight?

If it happens and we get the opportunity to play the Mexican team. It should be a great game!

Back to top Go down

Who will win the Texas Cup? Empty Solar 01 Bates.....All is well!

Post by Big Poppy on 10/11/12, 07:52 am

As a proud Solar 01 Bates parent, I would like to set the record straight regarding the previous post.

At the end of last season, we lost some good players that elected to go to other teams (not uncommon). We are all still very supportive of those players and associate with most of the parents.

We signed on (5) five new players that have complemented our team and they continue to grow in our system. Also, the parents of these players are incredible and we have yet to have any drama or in-fighting. All-in-all....this is a very cohesive, friendly and supportive group of parents.

As for our coach leaving.....anyone who has attended our games can see that Jason Bates is still our coach. There was never....ever a issue of him leaving. Not sure that a coach who was contemplating leaving would be 8-1-0 in Lake Highlands at this point....just say'in! Jason is the reason this team has overcome the notion that we would be a "middle of the pack" team this year. Very few people/forum regulars gave us a chance this season.....Surprise!

So to answer your question....YES...it was "Forum Nonsense"

The Solar 01 Bates "Nation" is doing just fine! cheers
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/11/12, 09:01 am

Joe scafone wrote:I'm curious to how good this lil Mexican team is. You don't travel all the way from Nuevo León to not compete. Anyone have insight?

Mexican teams are flush with cash, dont ask where it comes from, and are rarely competitive. They travel because they can, actually compete is a different story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It on 26/11/12, 02:13 am

Semi Finals

Nice predictions - Congrats to Sting for the win!

Semi-Finals A
STING 01G (FLANAGAN) (TXN) 1
TSC HURRICANE 01 BEATTIE 0

Semi-Finals B
D'FEETERS 01 (TXN) 0
SOLAR CHELSEA 01 GIRLS RED 1

Finals
STING 01G (FLANAGAN) (TXN) 2

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/11/12, 09:52 am

Androfan wrote:

Mexican teams are flush with cash, dont ask where it comes from, and are rarely competitive. They travel because they can, actually compete is a different story.

Might need to clarify that as Mexican girls teams. This girls team at texas cup wasn't competitive, but the Mexican boys teams that came to Puma Cup from Monterrey last summer were ballers, and several won their divisions. Also can't forget Dallas Cup recent years has seen pure quality out of the Mexican contingent (i.e. Tigres).

On another note - I watched the final between Flanagan and Bates. Very interesting tactical game. I'd give the edge to Bates as the stronger team in a one - off game, but it looks like a tourney situation slightly favors Sting who appear to have a tad more depth. Sting came out in a 4-4-2 and played Bates straight up with the wind at their back. It was a very even back and forth game in first half, but Sting's top foward created a matchup problem and Bates D never really adjusted. After she scored and Sting went up 1-0, Flan switched to what looked like a 4-2-3-1 and compacted into his defensive third almost the entire second half with his top forward isolated up top.

That strategy looked doomed from the start as Bates immediately took total control of the game and hit posts and other near misses before finally equalizing 1-1. Sting remained defensive through the end of regulation and 1st extra time period, with their only offense being long counters looking to exploit the speed advantage of their top forward.

With score still 1-1 at end of 1st extra time period, Flan then moved his #2 forward out from central defensive mid back into the attack again and decided to come after the game. An outside mid's long ball clearance from their defensive third ended up in another foot race which Sting's #1 forward won easily before crossing to their wide open recently repositioned #2 forward who slotted home. As much people talk about Bates having athletes, it was Sting's athleticism that won the game, while Bates clearly had the bulk of the possession and lost.

Two very good teams, and it's going to be a fun 2nd half of '01 U12. I think Bates and Sting are a very, very small step in front of 3 to 4 other teams that are essentially even with each other (one of which is Kicks Gold). The teams are close enough, none can reliably call who is going to end up strongest by the end of Spring. State Cup 2013 will be very competitive. Could be 6 teams with legit shots to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/11/12, 09:55 am

3-4-3 wrote:
Androfan wrote:

Might need to clarify that as Mexican girls teams. This girls team at texas cup wasn't competitive, but the Mexican boys teams that came to Puma Cup from Monterrey last summer were ballers, and several won their divisions. Also can't forget Dallas Cup recent years has seen pure quality out of the Mexican contingent (i.e. Tigres).

On another note - I watched the final between Flanagan and Bates. Very interesting tactical game. I'd give the edge to Bates as the stronger team in a one - off game, but it looks like a tourney situation slightly favors Sting who appear to have a tad more depth. Sting came out in a 4-4-2 and played Bates straight up with the wind at their back. It was a very even back and forth game in first half, but Sting's top foward created a matchup problem and Bates D never really adjusted. After she scored and Sting went up 1-0, Flan switched to what looked like a 4-2-3-1 and compacted into his defensive third almost the entire second half with his top forward isolated up top.

That strategy looked doomed from the start as Bates immediately took total control of the game and hit posts and other near misses before finally equalizing 1-1. Sting remained defensive through the end of regulation and 1st extra time period, with their only offense being long counters looking to exploit the speed advantage of their top forward.

With score still 1-1 at end of 1st extra time period, Flan then moved his #2 forward out from central defense back into the attack again and decided to come after the game. An outside mid's long ball clearance from their defensive third ended up in another foot race which Sting's #1 forward won easily before crossing to their wide open recently repositioned #2 forward who slotted home. As much people talk about Bates having athletes, it was Sting's athleticism that won the game, while Bates clearly had the bulk of the possession and lost.

Two very good teams, and it's going to be a fun 2nd half of '01 U12. I think Bates and Sting are a very, very small step in front of 3 to 4 other teams that are essentially even with each other (one of which is Kicks Gold). The teams are close enough, none can reliably call who is going to end up strongest by the end of Spring. State Cup 2013 will be very competitive. Could be 6 teams with legit shots to win.

I believe any reader of this forum would understand the same would not be applied to the Mexican boys teams. Mexican boys are ballers, Mexican girls... different story. There is a reason their youth and national program is peppered with Americans of mexican decent, the females are not supported in that country as they should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad on 26/11/12, 12:40 pm

Hook It wrote:Semi Finals

Nice predictions - Congrats to Sting for the win!

Semi-Finals A
STING 01G (FLANAGAN) (TXN) 1
TSC HURRICANE 01 BEATTIE 0

Semi-Finals B
D'FEETERS 01 (TXN) 0

Finals
STING 01G (FLANAGAN) (TXN) 2

It was a fun weekend with some good soccer. Hats off to both finals teams, it seems like we know so many girls on all the teams we are always happy for someone in these games. I was proud of the way my DD's team played both Flanny and Bates. Hopefully our young ladies can keep progressing and get into the State Cup conversations!
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum