North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Good bye y'all. Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Good bye y'all.

Go down

Good bye y'all. Empty Good bye y'all.

Post by justfurkicks 23/01/13, 08:12 pm

It's been real.

My dd just suffered her third concussion in just over a year. Too dangerous to continue. Probably skip soccer in college as well.

Good fortune to all those continuing on.

justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Good bye y'all. Empty Re: Good bye y'all.

Post by Guest 23/01/13, 08:15 pm

I am sorry to hear that ! Every parents nightmare! We wish you and your DD the best! Get well soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 23/01/13, 08:45 pm

One of the most talented kids in my dd's age group is in danger of the same result. She's perhaps one concussion away from hanging up her cleats. I hold my breath when I watch her play.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 24/01/13, 02:31 am

Very sorry to hear this -- kudos to you and your dd re choosing long term over short term. Hope she recovers from the latest soon.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 24/01/13, 06:36 am

how did she suffer the concussions.? heading the ball, elbows? Goal post?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 24/01/13, 09:02 am

DrSoccer wrote:how did she suffer the concussions.? heading the ball, elbows? Goal post?

All were person to person contact.

The first is what I'm calling a 25,25,25,25 ball where she is coming out of the goal ( as a defender, not keeper ) going towards the ball and three girls from the other team are going for the same ball from the other side. She prevented the goal but was basically run over by all three and landed flat on the back of her head.

The second was her and another girl going for a header at full speed and the other girls head colliding with my dd's nose resulting in a concussion as well as a broken nose.

The third happened when a midfielder had run by the rest of the defense straight up the middle of the field going directly towards the goal leaving her to charge towards him ( yes, him. she starts for the Boy's Varsity. ). She got to the ball and again prevented the shot but was hit hard in the jaw by various body parts. No breaks this time just a week out of school on Vicadin and muscle relaxers.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 24/01/13, 09:16 am

justfurkicks wrote:
DrSoccer wrote:how did she suffer the concussions.? heading the ball, elbows? Goal post?

The first is what I'm calling a 25,25,25,25 ball where she is coming out of the goal ( as a defender, not keeper ) going towards the ball and three girls from the other team are going for the same ball from the other side. She prevented the goal but was basically run over by all three and landed flat on the back of her head.

The second was her and another girl going for a header at full speed and the other girls head colliding with my dd's nose resulting in a concussion as well as a broken nose.

The third happened when a midfielder had run by the rest of the defense straight up the middle of the field going directly towards the goal leaving her to charge towards him ( yes, him. she starts for the Boy's Varsity. ). She got to the ball and again prevented the shot but was hit hard in the jaw by various body parts. No breaks this time just a week out of school on Vicadin and muscle relaxers.

She sounds like a heck of a player - no full 90 helmet etc..? Not going to prevent jaw injuries but maybe could have helped with the first two...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 24/01/13, 01:53 pm

What Boys HS TEAm does she play on? and the other concussions what league, team, game were they?

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 24/01/13, 02:10 pm

JH01 wrote: What Boys HS TEAm does she play on? and the other concussions what league, team, game were they?

See PM.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 29/01/13, 07:08 am

yeah she sounds pretty tough, was she going to play in college? my dd's wont head the ball, they just step back and trap it. They've lost some headers but they've kept their careers. I've been noticing a lot less heading than 10yrs ago, probs due to the awareness of concussions like yours.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/01/13, 08:25 am

DrSoccer wrote:yeah she sounds pretty tough, was she going to play in college? my dd's wont head the ball, they just step back and trap it. They've lost some headers but they've kept their careers. I've been noticing a lot less heading than 10yrs ago, probs due to the awareness of concussions like yours.

????what????
Not one of those concussions came from the actual heading of a ball
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 29/01/13, 11:17 am

go99 wrote:
DrSoccer wrote:yeah she sounds pretty tough, was she going to play in college? my dd's wont head the ball, they just step back and trap it. They've lost some headers but they've kept their careers. I've been noticing a lot less heading than 10yrs ago, probs due to the awareness of concussions like yours.

????what????
Not one of those concussions came from the actual heading of a ball

I'm pretty sure they meant when they go for a header, there is a good chance another player is attempting the same thing, thus the chance for contact with the other person.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/01/13, 11:20 am

well either way not really a concern of mine. My DD is so small she would need to drop down to a U5 rec league to win a header
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 29/01/13, 01:31 pm

justfurkicks wrote:

Maybe after the 2nd one you would keep her from playing against varsity boys? Many high school boys are the equivalent of men in terms of speed, size, and strength. I am all for a girl playing if she can compete, but it seems obvious to me if you throw a girl out there with a history of concussions you are asking for trouble. It is just me, but at age 13 when many boys where getting to 6foot and 180 lbs, that ended my DD playing with them even when she was as good or better.

RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 30/01/13, 12:06 pm

RosiePalms wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Maybe after the 2nd one you would keep her from playing against varsity boys? Many high school boys are the equivalent of men in terms of speed, size, and strength. I am all for a girl playing if she can compete, but it seems obvious to me if you throw a girl out there with a history of concussions you are asking for trouble. It is just me, but at age 13 when many boys where getting to 6foot and 180 lbs, that ended my DD playing with them even when she was as good or better.

All of that was considered ahead of time. Being her senior year we though it was worth the risk. In retrospect ? Not a good decision.

As far as college she had 1 D1 and 1 D2 opportunity but decided on a D3 team for "the love of the game" and a chance at a real college experience. Overall I think she will be able to live without soccer.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down