2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» ECNL - How does dual roster work?
by Medicine Man Today at 05:57 pm

» The bait and switch tactic
by bwgophers Today at 05:30 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 6 - Game of the Week
by Medicine Man Today at 05:21 pm

» FBR09 Rankings October 16th, 2017
by NewbSoccer Today at 05:02 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Today at 04:50 pm

» D'Feeters 06G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Today at 04:33 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle Blue - Goalkeeper
by FMSolar Today at 04:22 pm

» Blitz FC 2010 -- Schulte
by Keith_R Today at 03:34 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 02:52 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 01:50 pm

» FCUSA 09 looking for a keeper
by FCUSARV Today at 01:28 pm

» FCUSA open practices 08/09
by FCUSARV Today at 01:18 pm

» FCUSA Open practice 08/09
by FCUSARV Today at 01:17 pm

» Why is there not an 07 section in Select category?
by FierceLightning Today at 01:03 pm

» U6 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Today at 12:51 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 12:06 pm

» NTX Celtic 04G looking for guest players!
by NTX Celtic FC Today at 12:05 pm

» NTX Celtic 03G guest player!
by NTX Celtic FC Today at 11:58 am

» 06 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 09:45 am

» 06 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Today at 09:42 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 09:35 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 09:22 am

» FBR09 Rankings October 3rd, 2017
by ProDallas Today at 09:09 am

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:29 pm

» 06 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:58 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11379 registered users
The newest registered user is Judynq

Our users have posted a total of 163980 messages in 20589 subjects

10 pairs of white socks - really?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Blank77 on 04/06/13, 12:34 pm

Maybe I am in the minority, but our soccer house has tons of socks, but no where near this 10 pairs of WHITE socks needed for ODP next week. 10 pairs, sure with some black, blue, or reds mixed in, but who has 20 white socks? Besides the 5 black shorts, which my DD or BB hasn't been on a team that uses black shorts in awhile, but I can get that - black shorts can be worn anywhere - but what do you do with 20 white socks when you aren't playing soccer?

Just venting about idea dropping $50-$100 on 10 pairs of white socks?
avatar
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 908
Points : 3307
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Obviously at a different IP than last time

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by bigtex75081 on 04/06/13, 12:47 pm

I got a FEVER! And the only prescription...is MORE COWBELL WHITE SOCKS!
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 2760
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 40
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Blank77 on 04/06/13, 12:54 pm

avatar
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 908
Points : 3307
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Obviously at a different IP than last time

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Soccer Fanatic on 04/06/13, 04:59 pm

I took 6 pair. Try walmart in the men's department. They have a 3 or 6 pack of starter brand white socks for $8
avatar
Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 2835
Join date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Blank77 on 04/06/13, 05:04 pm

My DD can't wear the thick ones, she has blister issues and has to go with an inner sock and a tight/thin soccer sock over it or it causes issues. Best deal I can find on legit white soccer socks is at soccer corner for around $5 a pair.
avatar
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 908
Points : 3307
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Obviously at a different IP than last time

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Soccer Fanatic on 04/06/13, 05:06 pm

no seriously they are sport socks and thin. go look at them
avatar
Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 2835
Join date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Blank77 on 04/06/13, 05:11 pm

avatar
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 908
Points : 3307
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Obviously at a different IP than last time

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by TNT on 04/06/13, 06:11 pm

10 is to the extreme, DD never used all ten pair in the past.

__________________________________________________
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!
avatar
TNT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 308
Points : 2916
Join date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Soccer Fanatic on 04/06/13, 06:47 pm

Don't make me call you!! Twisted Evil
avatar
Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 2835
Join date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by InaB on 05/06/13, 08:27 am

I have two words - Sock Puppet! Razz This could be your team fund raiser in the making!
avatar
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 2148
Points : 6361
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 71
Location : Oh Al!

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Uncle Numanga on 05/06/13, 08:36 am

Blank77 wrote:My DD can't wear the thick ones, she has blister issues and has to go with an inner sock and a tight/thin soccer sock over it or it causes issues. Best deal I can find on legit white soccer socks is at soccer corner for around $5 a pair.

So you have to bring 20 pairs?
avatar
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 939
Points : 4069
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Grapevine, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by a-nonny-moose on 05/06/13, 09:22 am

As an older player who participated in many levels of ODP, a girl will use every single pair of socks. Almost none of the players do laundry while at camp.....and the "team managers" do not have time to take a large amount of clothing to the laundry. They do the uniforms only.

Training is done 2-3 times a day, and it is hot. Players need to change their socks for each session. So, count up the training sessions at camp. Even at 2 sessions a day, that is 10 pairs. Games are held in the evenings, and managers will wash the game uniforms and socks. Players are held responsible for training clothes, and that laundry is not the responsibility of the manage.

Take at least 10 pairs of white socks.

a-nonny-moose
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 32
Points : 1710
Join date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Blank77 on 05/06/13, 09:42 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Blank77 wrote:My DD can't wear the thick ones, she has blister issues and has to go with an inner sock and a tight/thin soccer sock over it or it causes issues. Best deal I can find on legit white soccer socks is at soccer corner for around $5 a pair.

So you have to bring 20 pairs?

Well, ideally, 20...but the blister socks are really pricey so she will have to make due with less.
avatar
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 908
Points : 3307
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Obviously at a different IP than last time

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by 03soccerdad on 05/06/13, 10:00 am

Solution: Pick the sock up from where it dropped the day before, smell it, if it doesn't turn your stomach wear it. This will cut the required number by half.

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1651
Join date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by txtransplant on 05/06/13, 10:39 am

Or you could make her an off the grid portable washing machine with a plunger and paint bucket. She could wash her socks each night and have fresh ones the next day. Smile
avatar
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 288
Points : 2727
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 on 05/06/13, 10:46 am

txtransplant wrote:Or you could make her an off the grid portable washing machine with a plunger and paint bucket. She could wash her socks each night and have fresh ones the next day. Smile
avatar
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1692
Points : 4706
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : Next to a Grill cooking something good

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Soccer Fanatic on 05/06/13, 11:19 am

a-nonny-moose wrote:As an older player who participated in many levels of ODP, a girl will use every single pair of socks. Almost none of the players do laundry while at camp.....and the "team managers" do not have time to take a large amount of clothing to the laundry. They do the uniforms only.

Training is done 2-3 times a day, and it is hot. Players need to change their socks for each session. So, count up the training sessions at camp. Even at 2 sessions a day, that is 10 pairs. Games are held in the evenings, and managers will wash the game uniforms and socks. Players are held responsible for training clothes, and that laundry is not the responsibility of the manage.

Take at least 10 pairs of white socks.

This isn't true. The chaperones washed every evening for each girl, including her socks and undergarments. I know because I was one of them last summer and did it. Black permanent marker, put their ODP jersey # on the bottom of each sock, shorts, underwear, bra, and etc. Get a lingerie bag/laundry bag (usually about $1 at walmart)....it zips and is made of mesh; the girls put their items worn that day in that and they zip it up and the chaperone throws it in the wash, every now and then it comes unzipped so that's the reason for the marker. This was OU camp and not Alabama. Just in case anyone is wondering or worried.
avatar
Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 2835
Join date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Guest on 05/06/13, 01:12 pm

Soccer Fanatic wrote:
a-nonny-moose wrote:As an older player who participated in many levels of ODP, a girl will use every single pair of socks. Almost none of the players do laundry while at camp.....and the "team managers" do not have time to take a large amount of clothing to the laundry. They do the uniforms only.

Training is done 2-3 times a day, and it is hot. Players need to change their socks for each session. So, count up the training sessions at camp. Even at 2 sessions a day, that is 10 pairs. Games are held in the evenings, and managers will wash the game uniforms and socks. Players are held responsible for training clothes, and that laundry is not the responsibility of the manage.

Take at least 10 pairs of white socks.

This isn't true. The chaperones washed every evening for each girl, including her socks and undergarments. I know because I was one of them last summer and did it. Black permanent marker, put their ODP jersey # on the bottom of each sock, shorts, underwear, bra, and etc. Get a lingerie bag/laundry bag (usually about $1 at walmart)....it zips and is made of mesh; the girls put their items worn that day in that and they zip it up and the chaperone throws it in the wash, every now and then it comes unzipped so that's the reason for the marker. This was OU camp and not Alabama. Just in case anyone is wondering or worried.


DD was able to turn in her whites and darks in separate bags for wash. One wash is more than enough to get the girls through the week!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Guest on 05/06/13, 01:16 pm

UEFA wrote:
Soccer Fanatic wrote:
a-nonny-moose wrote:As an older player who participated in many levels of ODP, a girl will use every single pair of socks. Almost none of the players do laundry while at camp.....and the "team managers" do not have time to take a large amount of clothing to the laundry. They do the uniforms only.

Training is done 2-3 times a day, and it is hot. Players need to change their socks for each session. So, count up the training sessions at camp. Even at 2 sessions a day, that is 10 pairs. Games are held in the evenings, and managers will wash the game uniforms and socks. Players are held responsible for training clothes, and that laundry is not the responsibility of the manage.

Take at least 10 pairs of white socks.

This isn't true. The chaperones washed every evening for each girl, including her socks and undergarments. I know because I was one of them last summer and did it. Black permanent marker, put their ODP jersey # on the bottom of each sock, shorts, underwear, bra, and etc. Get a lingerie bag/laundry bag (usually about $1 at walmart)....it zips and is made of mesh; the girls put their items worn that day in that and they zip it up and the chaperone throws it in the wash, every now and then it comes unzipped so that's the reason for the marker. This was OU camp and not Alabama. Just in case anyone is wondering or worried.


DD was able to turn in her whites and darks in separate bags for wash. One wash is more than enough to get the girls through the week!


Alabama camp is four days. They could make it through without a wash, but we will encourage my DD to turn in her wash in the middle of the week just in case.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Soccer Fanatic on 05/06/13, 02:33 pm

not with only two jerseys that get really stinky and dirty and soaking wet
they wear one for morning session and the other for the evening session
they wash everyday at OU
avatar
Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 2835
Join date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by txtransplant on 05/06/13, 04:58 pm

My question is who would be willing to open a soccer bag filled with 10 pairs of dirty socks? My DD's bag smells like she hid a body in it after a three-game day in July. I can't imagine what it would smell like after an entire week. lol
avatar
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 288
Points : 2727
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 pairs of white socks - really?

Post by Guest on 05/06/13, 05:10 pm

UEFA wrote:
UEFA wrote:
Soccer Fanatic wrote:
a-nonny-moose wrote:As an older player who participated in many levels of ODP, a girl will use every single pair of socks. Almost none of the players do laundry while at camp.....and the "team managers" do not have time to take a large amount of clothing to the laundry. They do the uniforms only.

Training is done 2-3 times a day, and it is hot. Players need to change their socks for each session. So, count up the training sessions at camp. Even at 2 sessions a day, that is 10 pairs. Games are held in the evenings, and managers will wash the game uniforms and socks. Players are held responsible for training clothes, and that laundry is not the responsibility of the manage.

Take at least 10 pairs of white socks.

This isn't true. The chaperones washed every evening for each girl, including her socks and undergarments. I know because I was one of them last summer and did it. Black permanent marker, put their ODP jersey # on the bottom of each sock, shorts, underwear, bra, and etc. Get a lingerie bag/laundry bag (usually about $1 at walmart)....it zips and is made of mesh; the girls put their items worn that day in that and they zip it up and the chaperone throws it in the wash, every now and then it comes unzipped so that's the reason for the marker. This was OU camp and not Alabama. Just in case anyone is wondering or worried.


DD was able to turn in her whites and darks in separate bags for wash. One wash is more than enough to get the girls through the week!


Alabama camp is four days. They could make it through without a wash, but we will encourage my DD to turn in her wash in the middle of the week just in case.


I don't know how we did it, but she has two pink jersey and two yellow jerseys!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum