2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» This board Sucks!
by KeeperCommander Today at 08:09 am

» FBR09 Rankings October 16th, 2017
by FBR09G Today at 07:19 am

» College Freshmen Top 100 - ECNL TEXAS
by Medicine Man Today at 06:41 am

» The bait and switch tactic
by Medicine Man Today at 06:21 am

» ECNL - How does dual roster work?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:04 pm

» DTS 11/12
by southside2016 Yesterday at 07:06 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 6 - Game of the Week
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 05:21 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Yesterday at 04:50 pm

» D'Feeters 06G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Yesterday at 04:33 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle Blue - Goalkeeper
by FMSolar Yesterday at 04:22 pm

» Blitz FC 2010 -- Schulte
by Keith_R Yesterday at 03:34 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:52 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 01:50 pm

» FCUSA 09 looking for a keeper
by FCUSARV Yesterday at 01:28 pm

» FCUSA open practices 08/09
by FCUSARV Yesterday at 01:18 pm

» FCUSA Open practice 08/09
by FCUSARV Yesterday at 01:17 pm

» Why is there not an 07 section in Select category?
by FierceLightning Yesterday at 01:03 pm

» U6 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:06 pm

» NTX Celtic 04G looking for guest players!
by NTX Celtic FC Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» NTX Celtic 03G guest player!
by NTX Celtic FC Yesterday at 11:58 am

» 06 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 09:45 am

» 06 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:42 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:35 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:22 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11379 registered users
The newest registered user is Judynq

Our users have posted a total of 163999 messages in 20591 subjects

Solar Pulpaneck 03' sounds like a landscape changer

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Pulpaneck 03' sounds like a landscape changer

Post by outonthelimb on 24/06/13, 04:07 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:So you are saying there's more to the story?

I'm sure money has something to do with it, I mean the DOC at a club makes more than a coach with two teams. Only makes sense that in order for him to come over they would have to make it financially worth his while, so one way to do that is to give him another select team to coach. Well Solar doesn't really have any other select teams to give him so why not try to make another one off the SRSA name (Gio obviously didn't work out) and give it to CP.

Now if they would have had CP when they made the GIO team that team could have been pretty good by now. Just going to be hard to throw something together this late in the game when other top teams are actively looking.

Honest question, would you rather pay 3k to play on a team that's been together less than a month come qualifying or stay with your current team or possibly try out for some of the other top teams looking for players like LP Elite, Sting G, or FCD Gold? I don't really have an answer but you can see that it's not going to be as easy as some folks think to just magically materialize a D1 team in the matter three and a half weeks. I have no doubt they will get enough to make a team but just what you will actually end up with is a total crap shoot. At the very least they will be well coached though.
Ahhh.... A person who I don't know but I have come to respect from your many posts.  This most recent post only furthers the respect.  I know your questions were more rhetorical (except the first one...which was direct) but I will answer them as if they were directed at me.

A1.  Yes I think there is more to the story?  Some of it I can piece together other parts baffle me.  I also believe you are 100% spot on with your observation regarding salary and reasons for trying to get another team as I arrived at the same conclusion.  I then asked aloud WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT HAVE NEGOTIATED IN A LARGER SALARY SO YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO GO MESSING YOURSELF BY LOOKING FOR AN '03 team 1 WEEK BEFORE SIGNING!!!  I don't know if CP did or didn't negotiate a better or equal salary but the actions he has taken regarding this '03 leads me to believe he didn't.  

A2.  Me personally....I don't have top team-'itis'....never have / never will.  Until u15 if you see me or one of my DD's at a tryout best believe it has nothing to do with the teams win/loss record.  It's the coach I'm seeking and something in my research led me to believe that he meets the criteria for the next phase of her journey.  Therefore of your 3 options I would go with 'stay with current team'.  

I also believe they will get enough to make a team but I still shake my head at the reasoning.

outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please on 24/06/13, 05:31 pm

It is called bait and switch. Watch and learn how these parents will look like idiots at signing day. If you are on the bottom 6 of the Solar Chelsea team, run and run fast because you will not have a team come signing day. Some SRSA players will be playing up, the remaining SRSA players will stay put. The top Solar Chelsea players will join the SRSA players to play D1 '03. The left overs on Solar Chelsea will be on the outside looking in and looking for a team.

Careful outonlimb, you will call out Bumpy Pitch to follow you back to the '03 forum. Hopefully he will remember to change his user name from Red Fox to Bumpy... or was it Bumby? Can't remember these days!!

Patricklikesyou, you hit the nail on the head. DM has many usernames on here. Unfortunately nobody will limit it. I think people like the drama.  

Continue to buy in to the sales pitch. It is the same one we have been reading about for months now. How many times have I just warned you? Look away people, this is about to get ugly.

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by patricklikesu on 24/06/13, 05:58 pm

It's not just the parents, Pulp is about to learn about the Solar bait and switch as well. This 03 team is all about paying salary. 

Someone rubbed his back, told him how great his 98s and wow, an 00 team that could outplay the great 99 Solar ECNL and then promised him the world if he came on over.  

Now everyone is scratching their heads trying to figure out how to pay the guy what they promised him. Solar already ditched Gio, so now there is what is left of an 02 team available for him too. So lets do some simple math: 

1. LP 98s
2. LP 2000s
3. Solar Gio 02s
4. Solar immaculate conception 03s
5. LP 05s

Yep, the formation of the 03 team is all about $$$, I would look for an assistant coach to be running those practices.  I hear Byars is available, and they have already thrown his name out there...
patricklikesu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PopTart on 25/06/13, 01:52 am

Sounds like the scorched earth policy of one guy with too much time on his hands.

TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 25/06/13, 07:21 am

All I can say is haters be hatin' on this thread...
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad2003 on 30/06/13, 10:31 am

I guess we will all know on Monday... This saga to be continued...
keeperdad2003
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by patricklikesu on 30/06/13, 01:54 pm

keeperdad2003 wrote:I guess we will all know on Monday... This saga to be continued...

We will all know that Solar Pulpaneck was just recruiting tool to try and fill Solar DM voids... Because they would never stoop to the level of "needing players".
patricklikesu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tacosoccer1 on 01/07/13, 10:59 pm

The new Solar team is all about money.. Solar just looking for another shadow coach to sucker families into thinking they will practice and be a part of SRSA so others can make money to fund the beast. Run the other way if know what is good for your DD. There is only room for 1 in the SRSA spot light.
tacosoccer1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum