Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
Liverpool 04B KellerToday at 02:27 pmKopKing70
Liverpool 04B KellerToday at 02:27 pmKopKing70
Liverpool 04B KellerToday at 02:26 pmKopKing70
Interesting ArticleToday at 02:19 pmAlittleBitofSanity
Solar East 07 Boys Ackerson - LookingToday at 02:17 pmAlittleBitofSanity
07 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 02:13 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 02:09 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 02:07 pmU90C
Read before posting Today at 02:00 pmnotfromtx
2018 Fall League Play Today at 01:43 pmEricsal
New 08 Solar Team - GrapevineToday at 01:17 pmKeeperMom08
Solar South 03G- RamirezToday at 01:11 pmSolar_South
NEW Solar South 03/04 White Team Open Practice- ArlingtonToday at 01:10 pmSolar_South
SRFC 03 Looking for ScrimmageToday at 12:56 pmSRFC 03 TM
FBR July 16th 2018Today at 12:46 pmNTXSoccaDad
Dallas Texans West 11'sToday at 11:36 amherman9
Dallas Texans West 10'sToday at 11:35 amherman9
Classic D2 team still has a few open spotsToday at 10:15 am74soccermom
Texans 08G South MercadoToday at 10:11 amseeyouonthepitch
Albion United 07G Open SpotToday at 09:26 amalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
07 Girls Teams - SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN (Aug 10-12)Today at 09:14 amU90C
Michael Johnson Performance Soccer Speed & Agility CampToday at 08:54 amMichaelJohnsonPerformance
Sting West 08 BrozToday at 08:48 amczechmate
Liverpool FC IA 2010 The Colony (Soutar)Today at 08:41 amSGS
Solar south 09B Adames looking to add players Today at 08:33 amSolarsouth
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12485 registered users
The newest registered user is Perfumo2

Our users have posted a total of 179326 messages in 23762 subjects

'03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by SolarPower00 on 25/06/13, 12:33 pm

I think that's accurate

However, I believe a bad seeding can prevent a team from qualifying in the first weekend.

 example:  a #7 or 8 seed has much easier row to hoe in weekend one ....than #13 or 14.

SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by outonthelimb on 25/06/13, 12:51 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:I think that's accurate
However, I believe a bad seeding can prevent a team from qualifying in the first weekend.
Yes but if you are a deserving and good enough team then you should have an even easier time the second weekend even if you get a crap seed for week #1.

Now don't get me wrong...I would love for my DD's team to qualify the first weekend.  It's too damn hot to begin with and I'd rather not have to be out there a second week hiding from the sun.  But I can also make a sound(or flawed) case for wanting to qualify the second weekend vs the 1st weekend if you aren't going to be in contention for the grand championship the first year anyway.
avatar
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 449
Points : 3547
Join date : 2010-03-01
Location : Out on a limb...

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by bigtex75081 on 25/06/13, 01:24 pm

There are 89 teams on this list.  89!!!!  How many of them are actually real? 

We'll say there is a demand, on average, for 15 players on each roster.  Some teams will have 16, others may have 14, but we'll use 15 because it's a round number.  So...

89 teams * 15 players/team = 1,335 players

Is 1,335 a realistic number?  My first reaction is that it isn't.  Are there enough '03 girls in the metroplex to field that many teams?  How many of these girls are being double-counted?

So with that thought, how many of these 89 teams will actually make?  70?  75?  80?  85?
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 3034
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 41
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by 007shaken on 25/06/13, 01:31 pm

Don't know how many of these teams will actually make. But I can tell you there is no way on earth there are over 1300 "select" players in DFW in this age group. cheers
avatar
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 88
Points : 2094
Join date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by outonthelimb on 25/06/13, 01:38 pm

007shaken wrote:Don't know how many of these teams will actually make.  But I can tell you there is no way on earth there are over 1300 "select" players in DFW in this age group.  cheers
There may be 1300 families willing to pay for the right to say they are select.   How did our system get so broken in this regard?
avatar
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 449
Points : 3547
Join date : 2010-03-01
Location : Out on a limb...

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by Guest on 25/06/13, 01:41 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:There are 89 teams on this list.  89!!!!  How many of them are actually real? 

We'll say there is a demand, on average, for 15 players on each roster.  Some teams will have 16, others may have 14, but we'll use 15 because it's a round number.  So...

89 teams * 15 players/team = 1,335 players

Is 1,335 a realistic number?  My first reaction is that it isn't.  Are there enough '03 girls in the metroplex to field that many teams?  How many of these girls are being double-counted?

So with that thought, how many of these 89 teams will actually make?  70?  75?  80?  85?

This past year there were 77 '00 teams, 87 '01 teams, and 74 '02 teams playing LHGCL, PPL, & APL competitive girls' leagues.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by DrB on 25/06/13, 01:52 pm

outonthelimb wrote:There may be 1300 families willing to pay for the right to say they are select.   How did our system get so broken in this regard?

Should people be paying $3k a year to get poor coaching and not develop?   Probably not
Will there by 90 teams in the QT?   Highly doubtful
Will there be 90 teams in various leagues?  Maybe so
Do some people like to look at other girls and say "your DD is sooooo NOT select"?   Probably so

But more people playing soccer and prioritizing soccer seems like a good thing.  Even if its at varying levels of "Select".   I kind of doubt that the overall weeding out process should be extremely rigorous at Age 10.

DrB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 2104
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by bigtex75081 on 25/06/13, 01:56 pm

bwgophers wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:There are 89 teams on this list.  89!!!!  How many of them are actually real? 

We'll say there is a demand, on average, for 15 players on each roster.  Some teams will have 16, others may have 14, but we'll use 15 because it's a round number.  So...

89 teams * 15 players/team = 1,335 players

Is 1,335 a realistic number?  My first reaction is that it isn't.  Are there enough '03 girls in the metroplex to field that many teams?  How many of these girls are being double-counted?

So with that thought, how many of these 89 teams will actually make?  70?  75?  80?  85?

This past year there were 77 '00 teams, 87 '01 teams, and 74 '02 teams playing LHGCL, PPL, & APL competitive girls' leagues.
Do you know how many '02 there were at this same time last year? Was it something close to 80?

You have better stats than the rest of us. So if you were FORCED to make an estimate, how many teams would you expect to see actually make? Do about 5% of teams fail to make each year? (Or 1 out of every 20.) Is that a fair guess?
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 3034
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 41
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by Guest on 25/06/13, 02:16 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:There are 89 teams on this list.  89!!!!  How many of them are actually real? 

We'll say there is a demand, on average, for 15 players on each roster.  Some teams will have 16, others may have 14, but we'll use 15 because it's a round number.  So...

89 teams * 15 players/team = 1,335 players

Is 1,335 a realistic number?  My first reaction is that it isn't.  Are there enough '03 girls in the metroplex to field that many teams?  How many of these girls are being double-counted?

So with that thought, how many of these 89 teams will actually make?  70?  75?  80?  85?

This past year there were 77 '00 teams, 87 '01 teams, and 74 '02 teams playing LHGCL, PPL, & APL competitive girls' leagues.
Do you know how many '02 there were at this same time last year?  Was it something close to 80?

You have better stats than the rest of us.  So if you were FORCED to make an estimate, how many teams would you expect to see actually make?  Do about 5% of teams fail to make each year?  (Or 1 out of every 20.)  Is that a fair guess?

Heading into signing day last year, I was tracking 79 '02 teams in FBR. I'm not going to go through and cross-reference all of those teams to see how many from FBR made it into all 3 leagues. My guess is that the "fail" rate is closer to 10%, and there will also be some teams in PPL/APL that aren't on anyone's radar screen today.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by intrinsic on 25/06/13, 02:31 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
007shaken wrote:Don't know how many of these teams will actually make.  But I can tell you there is no way on earth there are over 1300 "select" players in DFW in this age group.  cheers
There may be 1300 families willing to pay for the right to say they are select.   How did our system get so broken in this regard?
The Metroplex population has grown by 20% from '00 to '10. The three select leagues have teams from Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Waco, Amarillo, Midland, and other places. Our MSA is the 4th largest in the country. So part of the increase in participation can be attributed to population growth.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 469
Points : 3913
Join date : 2009-05-25

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by bigtex75081 on 25/06/13, 02:52 pm

bwgophers wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:There are 89 teams on this list.  89!!!!  How many of them are actually real? 

We'll say there is a demand, on average, for 15 players on each roster.  Some teams will have 16, others may have 14, but we'll use 15 because it's a round number.  So...

89 teams * 15 players/team = 1,335 players

Is 1,335 a realistic number?  My first reaction is that it isn't.  Are there enough '03 girls in the metroplex to field that many teams?  How many of these girls are being double-counted?

So with that thought, how many of these 89 teams will actually make?  70?  75?  80?  85?

This past year there were 77 '00 teams, 87 '01 teams, and 74 '02 teams playing LHGCL, PPL, & APL competitive girls' leagues.
Do you know how many '02 there were at this same time last year?  Was it something close to 80?

You have better stats than the rest of us.  So if you were FORCED to make an estimate, how many teams would you expect to see actually make?  Do about 5% of teams fail to make each year?  (Or 1 out of every 20.)  Is that a fair guess?

Heading into signing day last year, I was tracking 79 '02 teams in FBR.  I'm not going to go through and cross-reference all of those teams to see how many from FBR made it into all 3 leagues.  My guess is that the "fail" rate is closer to 10%, and there will also be some teams in PPL/APL that aren't on anyone's radar screen today.
10% is a big number but probably a pretty solid estimate. For those of you listening at home though, that's 1 out of every 10 teams. That's an eye opener.

So if you've been sitting there watching your '03 practice with 10 other girls and thinking, "I really hope this team makes." well it's about time to check out all your other options.
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 3034
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 41
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by Guest on 27/06/13, 09:31 pm

Thanks for all your hard work over the years on this system, bw!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by hombre on 30/06/13, 07:49 am

intrinsic wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
007shaken wrote:Don't know how many of these teams will actually make.  But I can tell you there is no way on earth there are over 1300 "select" players in DFW in this age group.  cheers
There may be 1300 families willing to pay for the right to say they are select.   How did our system get so broken in this regard?
The Metroplex population has grown by 20% from '00 to '10. The three select leagues have teams from Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Waco, Amarillo, Midland, and other places. Our MSA is the 4th largest in the country. So part of the increase in participation can be attributed to population growth.

Plus soccer continues to gain momentum in the USA overall. With DFW now the 4th largest metro, I'm actually surprised that we have not passed 100 on select teams playing. We will soon. It ain't like the clubs and coaches don't want the business and plenty o parents want their kid to play at least high school soccer. Why would it stay flat with 00, 01, 02?
avatar
hombre
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 2415
Join date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: '03 Girls FBR Rankings - 06-25-13

Post by bigtex75081 on 30/06/13, 09:51 am

hombre wrote:
intrinsic wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
007shaken wrote:Don't know how many of these teams will actually make.  But I can tell you there is no way on earth there are over 1300 "select" players in DFW in this age group.  cheers
There may be 1300 families willing to pay for the right to say they are select.   How did our system get so broken in this regard?
The Metroplex population has grown by 20% from '00 to '10. The three select leagues have teams from Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Waco, Amarillo, Midland, and other places. Our MSA is the 4th largest in the country. So part of the increase in participation can be attributed to population growth.

Plus soccer continues to gain momentum in the USA overall. With DFW now the 4th largest metro, I'm actually surprised that we have not passed 100 on select teams playing. We will soon. It ain't like the clubs and coaches don't want the business and plenty o parents want their kid to play at least high school soccer. Why would it stay flat with 00, 01, 02?
How much further can the market really expand? Another 5%?  We already see a lot of complaints on this board about how "Select" isn't really "select" anymore.

The Select market reached a ceiling and, after some convincing arguments by the clubs, the Academy structure was created.  If it wasn’t for Academy, a lot of these clubs would have struggled to stay afloat over the last few years.  The Academy programs are growing a lot faster than the Select programs.  That’s because there are A LOT more kids that play soccer at the Academy age than they do at the Select ages.

As the kids get older, there are fewer teams because there are fewer players to fill those rosters.  That is a consistent trend that we’ve always seen.  According to a presentation I recently heard, soccer participation reaches its peak at age 7.  So increasing age has an inverse relationship to participants.

The clubs have been fortunate up until now to have a growth rate that outperforms the population growth rate here in DFW.  But a lot of that, over the last 5 years at least, has been because of the introduction of Academy.

Once Academy hits its saturation point, where will the new growth come from?  Or will we see new things?  (Less efficient providers fall out of the market?  Price wars?  New services offered?  Better differentiators?)
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 3034
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 41
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum