North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... Empty informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 08:58 am

now that the dust has settled here's my top ten

srsa  until someone beats them, the rumors are meaningless

lp weddell, playing and winning but a soft #2

fcd gold, same as lp, could be number 2

dt adames, unknown, could be a powerhouse but who can tell, they have been ducking teams for months now

sting G-now that all the guess players are gone, the real team is here and should be a contender

fcd premier-good team but not top 5

lp rush-good core group, added some good players

dfeeters -playing well should stay in top ten

sting west- top ten for now, time will tell

no #10 because the next 6 teams could capture this spot...

Back to top Go down

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... Empty Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 09:43 am

this is very, very informal

Back to top Go down

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... Empty Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by herradura 03/07/13, 09:47 am

clique0205 wrote:this is very, very informal

I do not think there is anyway to rank even the top 10 until after King Tut. There have been so many changes and the dust has not settled yet... I think you have to scratch everything you think you know and start with a clean piece of paper.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 03/07/13, 10:07 am

clique0205 wrote:this is very, very informal

This list is so 'informal'...tank tops are encouraged.
(Well, maybe not for all of you)

Actually SP, I think your 1-9 is right where I'd have 'em
But, I agree we may need to adjust slightly after king tut.
There has been some player movement within this top9, though nothing earth shattering I don't think.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 03/07/13, 12:00 pm

Honestly I have no clue where to rank anyone right now.

I believe there were no shake ups on DTS, LP Elite and FCD Gold so I feel pretty good saying they are in the Top 4.

Way too many rumors about SRSA and who is actually on the U-11 roster so unlike others who are just going to say they are #1 until someone beats them I'm simply not going to rank them until I see them play. IF they are the same 14 to 16 girls they have been rolling out over the past year then it's a no brainer they are #1, however if it's only half of that team and then girls they've picked up elsewhere then I have no clue how good they are. They are definitely a team that needs to play in King Tut if it's not their old roster.

After those first three and possibly SRSA I say throw the next 15 names in a bucket and draw them out of a hat and I probably be ok with the order.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 12:01 pm

silentparent wrote:now that the dust has settled here's my top ten

srsa  until someone beats them, the rumors are meaningless

lp weddell, playing and winning but a soft #2

fcd gold, same as lp, could be number 2

dt adames, unknown, could be a powerhouse but who can tell, they have been ducking teams for months now

sting G-now that all the guess players are gone, the real team is here and should be a contender

fcd premier-good team but not top 5

lp rush-good core group, added some good players

dfeeters -playing well should stay in top ten

sting west- top ten for now, time will tell

no #10 because the next 6 teams could capture this spot...

Sting G lost too many players from their regular season to be ranked in the top 10.  For starters, they don't have their keeper, which only let in 2 goals during the regular season (one of which was a penalty kick), and they lost their top midfielder to SRSA as well as one of their bigger forwards to another Solar team.  Not to mention the tall FCD Predator girl that has a boot like a canon who had spent some time with them wound up on another FCD team.

LP rush - their "everyone in the penalty box to defend" method of play is going to get them in a lot of trouble this year.  Yeah, they tie a lot of games and there are a lot of 1 goal victories, but this non-possession style of soccer is going to really hurt them.  Crowding the box works when girls are little.  Girls are starting to be not so little at U11.

FCD Premier - who knows with that merry go round who wound up on the team.

Dfeeters - if Hiliard can figure out a way not get frustrated when he gets down by 2 or more goals and coach through it, they might have a good year.  If he continues to throw his tantrum on the sideline once his girls are down by 2 or 3, well, more of the same as we saw in tournaments this spring is what they have in store.

Sting West - meh, don't know enough about them, never seen them play.

DT Adames - could be good, never seen them play.

I'm more curious to see who will emerge from the mid range - those that finished top 11-30.  I'm certain there were some key moves that are going to result in some surprises in the top 10.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 12:20 pm

Only time will tell. Also, I think the Puma Cup this year will be just as competitive if not more competitive as King Tut.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 03/07/13, 12:21 pm

Didn't Sting G lose their goalie even before the last tournament? Didn't seem to effect them too much. The other losses will be interesting to see how the effect them but I'd still say they are one of the top teams right now.

I would agree with you though, it's the teams in the 11-30 range that I'm curious to see how they came together. Puma and King Tut should be interesting.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 12:29 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Didn't Sting G lose their goalie even before the last tournament? Didn't seem to effect them too much. The other losses will be interesting to see how the effect them but I'd still say they are one of the top teams right now.

I would agree with you though, it's the teams in the 11-30 range that I'm curious to see how they came together. Puma and King Tut should be interesting.

Correct.  They lost their bigger forward/midfielder about 2 months ago, lost their keeper at end of May, lost their star midfielder this week.  I don't know who else they may have gained/lost.

I guess it did affect them, they lost in PK's.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 03/07/13, 12:45 pm

I thought Sting G used their outside mid as GK when it comes to PK's, at least that's who I've seen them use in the past. Pretty sure that's who they used when I watched them play Rush months ago and it went to PK's. Either way, at this age GK's are practically non factors when it comes to PK's. Unless the ball is kicked right at them 99% of them aren't going to make the stop and most of them will still miss catching the ball that's hit right at them but high. Not a knock on GK's at this age it's just kids this age in general. The best GK's at this age are probably still playing on the field somewhere and eventually they will find their way to GK.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 12:59 pm

"The best GK's at this age are probably still playing on the field somewhere and eventually they will find their way to GK."

that's a stretch, i put that kind of with the better kids are in ppl and the top kids will be burned out. sting g is a good team, mid level top 5 and will most likely stay that way. the real losers in signing are those 10-20 teams that have 1 kid who keeps them in it, that they lose to a better team and now there's no italians to kick it to .....

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 03/07/13, 01:06 pm

LPBarnes03 wrote:Only time will tell.  Also, I think the Puma Cup this year will be just as competitive if not more competitive as King Tut.

Really?  You must know something we don't cause not what the applied team lists imply.
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 01:09 pm

Till-I-Collapse wrote:
LPBarnes03 wrote:Only time will tell.  Also, I think the Puma Cup this year will be just as competitive if not more competitive as King Tut.

Really?  You must know something we don't cause not what the applied team lists imply.

no kidding puma cup is a nothing tournament compared to king tut.....farao

btw if your manager signed you up for puma, instead of king tut, it's time for a new manager.....

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 03/07/13, 01:29 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:I thought Sting G used their outside mid as GK when it comes to PK's, at least that's who I've seen them use in the past. Pretty sure that's who they used when I watched them play Rush months ago and it went to PK's.  Either way, at this age GK's are practically non factors when it comes to PK's. Unless the ball is kicked right at them 99% of them aren't going to make the stop and most of them will still miss catching the ball that's hit right at them but high. Not a knock on GK's at this age it's just kids this age in general. The best GK's at this age are probably still playing on the field somewhere and eventually they will find their way to GK.

GK's at this age are a non factor unless you need one. 9 times out of 10, a top 5 team is not going to be affected by the quality of their keeper. I think that is why we saw the two best 03 keepers (IMO) walk away from their top teams and go to lower level teams where they will be depended on to make stops and keep the team in games.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 03/07/13, 01:57 pm

Hey SP, those would be my Italians ;-)
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 02:14 pm

RightWingDad wrote:Hey SP, those would be my Italians ;-)

MEAT COMES FIRST!!!!!!cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 03/07/13, 02:18 pm

Yes, we plan on showing up to Qualifying by piling out of a van with bloody aprons. That's sure to give us the edge we need.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 03:23 pm

herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:I thought Sting G used their outside mid as GK when it comes to PK's, at least that's who I've seen them use in the past. Pretty sure that's who they used when I watched them play Rush months ago and it went to PK's.  Either way, at this age GK's are practically non factors when it comes to PK's. Unless the ball is kicked right at them 99% of them aren't going to make the stop and most of them will still miss catching the ball that's hit right at them but high. Not a knock on GK's at this age it's just kids this age in general. The best GK's at this age are probably still playing on the field somewhere and eventually they will find their way to GK.

GK's at this age are a non factor unless you need one. 9 times out of 10, a top 5 team is not going to be affected by the quality of their keeper. I think that is why we saw the two best 03 keepers (IMO) walk away from their top teams and go to lower level teams where they will be depended on to make stops and keep the team in games.

true, but a good keeper doesnt make the game crushing mistakes of a bad keeper. nothing worse than keepers giving up soft goals that demoralize the team and lose the game. all kids make mistakes, good keepers just make less of them and that can be the difference...

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 03:54 pm

GrandTX, have you seen some of the saves some of these keepers have made this last season? Or are you just too absorbed into your DD's last goal she shanked and when she's going to charge down the pitch again to miss another?

Some of these 10 year old keepers have really good diving skills, know how to read 1-on-ones, and how to read a PK very well - yes, there is a way to actually read and have a good idea where a ball is going to go during a PK. Not sure the field player who has been absent from this kind of training can magically turn it on and become the best keeper.

Heradura - Some of these 10 year old girls don't put up shots that are soft goals. Some are soft shots, but like I just said, have you seen some of the saves these top keepers have been making? That's a lot of goal to cover and those shots are coming in at 20-30MPH from some of the stronger girls on the field.

Discounting the play of a keeper on these top teams is kind of a ridiculous thing to do.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 03/07/13, 04:13 pm

silentparent wrote:
Till-I-Collapse wrote:

btw if your manager signed you up for puma, instead of king tut, it's time for a new manager.....

This made me chuckle. Puma and Tut are pretty equivalent...one for northerly teams and one for south. Especially for year heading into QT. And if your manager is deciding which tournament to play, it's time to find a new manager.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 03/07/13, 04:16 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:GrandTX, have you seen some of the saves some of these keepers have made this last season?  Or are you just too absorbed into your DD's last goal she shanked and when she's going to charge down the pitch again to miss another?  

Some of these 10 year old keepers have really good diving skills, know how to read 1-on-ones, and how to read a PK very well - yes, there is a way to actually read and have a good idea where a ball is going to go during a PK.  Not sure the field player who has been absent from this kind of training can magically turn it on and become the best keeper.

Heradura - Some of these 10 year old girls don't put up shots that are soft goals.  Some are soft shots, but like I just said, have you seen some of the saves these top keepers have been making?  That's a lot of goal to cover and those shots are coming in at 20-30MPH from some of the stronger girls on the field.

Discounting the play of a keeper on these top teams is kind of a ridiculous thing to do.

Yes, I have seen saves these girls are making, especially the two I commented on. My point is, hope solo wouldn't even be a game changer for a team like SRSA She would also just stand there and kick grass 99% of the time. Look at the records, LP Elite, DTS, Sting G etc gave up very few if any goals last season. Sorry, but that is not due to extraordinary play by the keepers..

In fact, the last i heard, SRSA is not planning to take a dedicated keeper- but that may have changed by now.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 04:20 pm

herradura wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:GrandTX, have you seen some of the saves some of these keepers have made this last season?  Or are you just too absorbed into your DD's last goal she shanked and when she's going to charge down the pitch again to miss another?  

Some of these 10 year old keepers have really good diving skills, know how to read 1-on-ones, and how to read a PK very well - yes, there is a way to actually read and have a good idea where a ball is going to go during a PK.  Not sure the field player who has been absent from this kind of training can magically turn it on and become the best keeper.

Heradura - Some of these 10 year old girls don't put up shots that are soft goals.  Some are soft shots, but like I just said, have you seen some of the saves these top keepers have been making?  That's a lot of goal to cover and those shots are coming in at 20-30MPH from some of the stronger girls on the field.

Yes, I have seen saves these girls are making, especially the two I commented on. My point is, hope solo wouldn't even be a game changer for a team like SRSA She would also just stand there and kick grass 99% of the time. Look at the records, LP Elite, DTS, Sting G etc gave up very few if any goals last season. Sorry, but that is not due to extraordinary play by the keepers..

In fact, the last i heard, SRSA is not planning to take a dedicated keeper- but that may have changed by now.

SRSA is not taking a keeper - correct.

And Sting G, RASE, DTS gave up few goals because they played as a team, which includes a keeper, and had the keepers not been there, both soft and hard shots would have gone in, and their records would have sucked.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 03/07/13, 04:24 pm

fatherofoneplayer wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Till-I-Collapse wrote:

This made me chuckle. Puma and Tut are pretty equivalent...one for northerly teams and one for south. Especially for year heading into QT. And if your manager is deciding which tournament to play, it's time to find a new manager.

In my experience, it is the coaches decision on which tournaments the team will enter - not the managers. (wished I had that kind of control Smile )
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 03/07/13, 04:49 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
herradura wrote:

SRSA is not taking a keeper - correct.

And Sting G, RASE, DTS gave up few goals because they played as a team, which includes a keeper, and had the keepers not been there, both soft and hard shots would have gone in, and their records would have sucked.

You're going to have a hard time convincing this forum that RASE 03 and Sting G success was dependent on strong GK play.
With a GK 'by committee', they still finish 1 and 2 in TGPL.
Those teams are loaded with athletes....and athletes can get to hard shots and catch the soft ones.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 04:50 pm

This made me chuckle. Puma and Tut are pretty equivalent

lol, keep telling yourself that.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum