2017/2018 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse!
by Coach Today at 10:48 am

» FC DALLAS PRIMARY KIT 2018-19
by Medicine Man Today at 05:40 am

» Select Question for Veteran Parents
by SelectSoccerGirl Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» This topic is about absolutely nothing
by Big Ern Yesterday at 02:11 pm

» Sting Dallas Player Opportunities 2018
by Zizou Yesterday at 09:21 am

» Mental Edge - Psych Training for Teams
by Mental Edge 16/02/18, 01:35 pm

» Damn!! Did they cancel ALL of this weekends games?
by AngelinaGoalee 16/02/18, 12:44 pm

» Private Striking/Finishing Coach
by giampiero boniperti 16/02/18, 09:39 am

» Sting Dallas Player Opportunities 2018
by Sting Soccer Dallas 16/02/18, 09:06 am

» Sting Dallas Player Opportunities 2018
by Sting Soccer Dallas 16/02/18, 09:06 am

» Sting Dallas Player Opportunities 2018
by Sting Soccer Dallas 16/02/18, 09:04 am

» The Pit - Frisco
by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 15/02/18, 03:40 pm

» FC Dallas 09G West Willett
by terps37 14/02/18, 12:00 pm

» 03G Looking for a team
by mlwfrisco 14/02/18, 10:56 am

» Spring Season
by soccerdad2018 14/02/18, 10:34 am

» All Hail Carlos Cordeiro. Dilly Dilly
by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 07:24 am

» I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?
by Medicine Man 13/02/18, 09:58 pm

» Hyundai Commercial was pretty good.
by Medicine Man 13/02/18, 09:45 pm

» Soccer Specific Strength and Conditioning
by tnelsoncook19 13/02/18, 12:27 pm

» SRFC 03 Looking for Scrimmages
by SRFC 03 TM 13/02/18, 12:12 pm

» Spring Break Super 5 Camp/Tournament
by cityfutsal 13/02/18, 11:29 am

» FCUSA 08 girls looking for players
by FCUSARV 13/02/18, 10:32 am

» Dallas TNT 08 Girls
by Janice Martinez 13/02/18, 08:25 am

» Sting Dallas 2018 Player Opportunities
by psaldivar 13/02/18, 07:10 am

» FC Dallas Central '10/11' Skills Sessions w/Coach CJ Goodman
by FC Dallas Central Div 12/02/18, 10:45 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11576 registered users
The newest registered user is JNavarrete

Our users have posted a total of 168090 messages in 21167 subjects

informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by herradura on 05/07/13, 09:55 am

Mav4Life wrote:No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

So what "division" did this new sting super goalie come from???

The sting Mendoza/ Hilton keeper is the only one I have seen that would be considered in this category.

herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by jsullivan81 on 05/07/13, 09:58 am

Mav4Life wrote:I heard Sting G got rid of the old keeper b/c she's slow and brought in the top Sting 03 keeper and she's super athletic. Rumor is she played in the last tournament and did well.

How refreshing... You created a "new" account to insult a 10 yr old and build up your own dd. Classy.

Out of curiousity, how many girls does Sting G have now? From comments on here, not enough.


jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2346
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by SolarPower00 on 05/07/13, 10:05 am

Sting G treats keepers like Parcells treated field goal kickers.
It's a high stress gig woth alot of turnover.
The position is devalued....and replaced when a critical mistake is made.
(Can't really do that in select though)
Let's hope the new athletic one has a good year.


Last edited by SolarPower00 on 05/07/13, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 2886
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by Guest on 05/07/13, 10:07 am

SolarPower00 wrote:Sting G treats keepers like Parcells treated field goal kickers.
It's a high stress gig woth alot of turnover.
They are devalued....and replaced when they make a critical mistake.
(Can't really do that in select though)
Let's hope the new athletic one has a good year.


Kind of stupid really, an unhappy gk can really screw a team, very shortsighted...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by newbiefornow on 05/07/13, 10:12 am

Folks - It may be time to put the toys away.

My opinion for what it's worth. GK's are a much bigger part of the modern game than they used to be. If you watch a lot of Professional Soccer you see the GK is used as a back stop and distributor of the ball as well as a traditional Goal keeper.  GKs tend to have long careers and the better ones tend to be leaders especially of the defense. I've seen GK's save the game several times in tight 03 tournament play including the GK for Sting G. It takes a very specific kind of kid to have the attention span, patience, intelligence and phyiscal bravery to be a good GK.

The top five teams are top five because they're good and they make us better by playing against them. Take a look at the Professional Game. Nobody is garaunteed a game and they know that. Soccer is a team sport, sometimes the individual needs to compromise for the team.  That's a good lesson at any age.

We'll have some results relatively soon. Let's try to keep the Drama on the field. It's more fun there.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 84
Points : 1846
Join date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by herradura on 05/07/13, 10:19 am

newbiefornow wrote:Folks - It may be time to put the toys away.

My opinion for what it's worth. GK's are a much bigger part of the modern game than they used to be. If you watch a lot of Professional Soccer you see the GK is used as a back stop and distributor of the ball as well as a traditional Goal keeper.  GKs tend to have long careers and the better ones tend to be leaders especially of the defense. I've seen GK's save the game several times in tight 03 tournament play including the GK for Sting G. It takes a very specific kind of kid to have the attention span, patience, intelligence and phyiscal bravery to be a good GK.

The top five teams are top five because they're good and they make us better by playing against them. Take a look at the Professional Game. Nobody is garaunteed a game and they know that. Soccer is a team sport, sometimes the individual needs to compromise for the team.  That's a good lesson at any age.

We'll have some results relatively soon. Let's try to keep the Drama on the field. It's more fun there.

I disagree, reading juvenile forum posts is much more entertaining than most 10 yr old girls soccer games Very Happy 
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2584
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by Guest on 05/07/13, 10:23 am

herradura wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:Folks - It may be time to put the toys away.

My opinion for what it's worth. GK's are a much bigger part of the modern game than they used to be. If you watch a lot of Professional Soccer you see the GK is used as a back stop and distributor of the ball as well as a traditional Goal keeper.  GKs tend to have long careers and the better ones tend to be leaders especially of the defense. I've seen GK's save the game several times in tight 03 tournament play including the GK for Sting G. It takes a very specific kind of kid to have the attention span, patience, intelligence and phyiscal bravery to be a good GK.

The top five teams are top five because they're good and they make us better by playing against them. Take a look at the Professional Game. Nobody is garaunteed a game and they know that. Soccer is a team sport, sometimes the individual needs to compromise for the team.  That's a good lesson at any age.

We'll have some results relatively soon. Let's try to keep the Drama on the field. It's more fun there.

I disagree, reading juvenile forum posts is much more entertaining than most 10 yr old girls soccer games Very Happy 

Amen sister

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by SOCCERROCKS on 05/07/13, 10:48 am

herradura wrote:
Mav4Life wrote:No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

So what "division" did this new sting super goalie come from???

The sting Mendoza/ Hilton keeper is the only one I have seen that would be considered in this category.


Careful Herradura now you praising Flygirl's old arch nemesis CThomas5's DD!Laughing
avatar
SOCCERROCKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 2233
Join date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by herradura on 05/07/13, 11:06 am

SOCCERROCKS wrote:
herradura wrote:
Mav4Life wrote:No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

So what "division" did this new sting super goalie come from???

The sting Mendoza/ Hilton keeper is the only one I have seen that would be considered in this category.


Careful Herradura now you praising Flygirl's old arch nemesis CThomas5's DD!Laughing

Laughing true - am a fan of the dd's play, but not the pappa posts...
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2584
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by FastPitch on 05/07/13, 05:53 pm

Is that how the big clubs work ? Promote from the lower teams. If, so that is why the top 5 ranked teams are all from the BIG clubs. Does everyone buy into that? How did the Sting #2 club and team like losing their GK to AG. It works in MLB, how about kids soccer?

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 55
Points : 2199
Join date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by SolarPower00 on 05/07/13, 06:08 pm

It wasn't the sting #2 or even #3 team
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 2886
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by patricklikesu on 05/07/13, 10:20 pm

herradura wrote:
SOCCERROCKS wrote:
herradura wrote:
Mav4Life wrote:No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

So what "division" did this new sting super goalie come from???

The sting Mendoza/ Hilton keeper is the only one I have seen that would be considered in this category.


Careful Herradura now you praising Flygirl's old arch nemesis CThomas5's DD!Laughing

Laughing true - am a fan of the dd's play, but not the pappa posts...

H-Girl, you disappoint. Is it not crystal clear that Mavs4Life is your friend CThomas5?
avatar
patricklikesu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 1888
Join date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by lakeaddict on 06/07/13, 09:20 am

herradura wrote:
Mav4Life wrote:No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

So what "division" did this new sting super goalie come from???

The sting Mendoza/ Hilton keeper is the only one I have seen that would be considered in this category.

She came from sting central.... Very interesting threads not what I was expecting based on the title of the post. How sad that so many people think so little of the position of gk.
We would never put down another child especially on public/social media. All of our DD give 100% and should be praised for there efforts.
avatar
lakeaddict
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 1931
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by Mav4Life on 06/07/13, 12:19 pm

NFOD- I appreciate all f the kind words and I'll be certain to relay your support to the player's parents. In the meantime, could you come out to our practice? My dd could use your positive; motivational words of encouragement.

Mav4Life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 1692
Join date : 2013-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by TheDudeAbides on 06/07/13, 12:39 pm

“Being a goalkeeper gives you a unique perspective on things. You are part of a team yet somehow separate; there are no grey areas, with success or failure being measured in real time; and you have a physical job which you can do well only by paying attention to your mental well-being. A great goalkeeper has to have the keys to a great mindset. To be able to work well in the box, I believe you have to be able to think outside of the box” (Brad Friedel)

“The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.” -- George Graham

If you have a dedicated keeper come QT you are waaayyy better off than those teams that have no real keeper at all, unless you are SRSA or possibly DTS!Very Happy
avatar
TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 114
Points : 2112
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by herradura on 06/07/13, 01:14 pm

TheDudeAbides wrote:“Being a goalkeeper gives you a unique perspective on things. You are part of a team yet somehow separate; there are no grey areas, with success or failure being measured in real time; and you have a physical job which you can do well only by paying attention to your mental well-being. A great goalkeeper has to have the keys to a great mindset. To be able to work well in the box, I believe you have to be able to think outside of the box” (Brad Friedel)

“The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.” -- George Graham

If you have a dedicated keeper come QT you are waaayyy better off than those teams that have no real keeper at all, unless you are SRSA or possibly DTS!Very Happy

DTS lost their keeper too?
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2584
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by TheDudeAbides on 06/07/13, 01:17 pm

herradura wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:“Being a goalkeeper gives you a unique perspective on things. You are part of a team yet somehow separate; there are no grey areas, with success or failure being measured in real time; and you have a physical job which you can do well only by paying attention to your mental well-being. A great goalkeeper has to have the keys to a great mindset. To be able to work well in the box, I believe you have to be able to think outside of the box” (Brad Friedel)

“The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.” -- George Graham

If you have a dedicated keeper come QT you are waaayyy better off than those teams that have no real keeper at all, unless you are SRSA or possibly DTS!Very Happy

DTS lost their keeper too?
Not to my knowledge, point being unless you are on top it is vital to have a dedicated keeper IMO.
avatar
TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 114
Points : 2112
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 07/07/13, 10:04 pm

Mav4Life wrote:NFOD- I appreciate all f the kind words and I'll be certain to relay your support to the player's parents. In the meantime, could you come out to our practice? My dd could use your positive; motivational words of encouragement.

Mav4Life, any time.  Just let me know when and I'll be happy to shower you and your DD with encouragement.  

In the words of the immortal Homey D. Clown "I guess it’s because I’ve got so much love to give..."

avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2106
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum