Latest topics
» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:34 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Today at 10:30 am

» 2011's Academy Team - Wylie Area
by Mutiny06G Maroon Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Sting Select Partial Kit #4 YM
by Fightjunkie Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:35 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» U8 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 3:49 pm

» Register Now: Fall 2017 U6-U10 Academy Leagues
by Soccergoal Yesterday at 2:18 pm

» Dallas Texans 2016 Kit #5 (Select)
by unknowingmom Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:41 am

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:40 am

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Yesterday at 10:54 am

» Turf Cup 3v3 Tournament - August 19th & 20th
by Soccer08 Yesterday at 9:03 am

» Need a Keeper - RedHots FC 05G
by RH05G Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:16 pm

» 8'x24' Flat Double-Sided Training Goals Plus Cart
by JustaSport Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 pm

» schedules Lake highlands classic league
by Soccermomma2017 Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:45 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by Soccermomma2017 Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Zizou Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:02 pm

» Sting 2011 Shepard
by skills Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:37 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by Onlychild Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 pm

» Sting Academy Kit #23 - Youth Medium/Small
by s@ccerm@m Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

» FS: NWT FC Dallas Jerseys
by mcbeal42 Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:32 am

» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11291 registered users
The newest registered user is GRANITZA12

Our users have posted a total of 161614 messages in 20313 subjects

U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will win the Puma Cup?

10% 10% 
[ 3 ]
33% 33% 
[ 10 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 5 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 30

U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by Barca on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am

Who will win this years Puma Cup? Here are my predictions:
Semi Finals
LP vs Sparta
Fever vs DT South-Red

Finals:
LP vs DT

Winner:
LP Barnes

LP & DT benefit with good showings and Fever keeps dropping IMO.
avatar
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 365
Points : 2007
Join date : 2013-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by herradura on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 am

I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2404
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by GrandTXSoccer on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 am

herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 2866
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by herradura on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:
herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2404
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by keepinitreal on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 am

herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:
herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
Why do you continue to throw jabs at Fever?

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 2024
Join date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by herradura on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 am

keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:
herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
Why do you continue to throw jabs at Fever?

I do not get it either - IMO, I think Fever is a 10-15 team. They not only retained the players they had and added but also added quality. Just because they got beat by the boot and run in some tournaments does not mean they are failing. They are learning and playing possession which is more than most teams are doing out there.

My only beef with the team in the past is playing "guests" with no intention of joining... But that is all done now.
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2404
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by Header on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:
herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.


Still at it with the academy posturing and clawing...  
Clearly you have not done any homework and are just guessing (as you say), especially in regards to your comments regarding specific teams.

In these QT warmup / seeding tournaments, we will see a massive reality check as to the gap in level of play between a number of teams...  reality will soon over ride all the petti posturing.


Do bring your notes next Monday, and feel free to leave the 'guessing' at the door.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 61
Points : 2388
Join date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by SolarPower00 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:18 am

At the risk of sounding like another guesser,
...I see Barnes, Fever Black, and Sparta all going to the semis.
Sparta and Fever Black should be a great matchup.
Let's not overlook Odyssey....could very well be a wildcard.

As for taking notes and 'homework'....I'll have to look on GrandTx's paper because
I'll be at Tut watching that field of 40+
03 teams.


Last edited by SolarPower00 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 589
Points : 2703
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by GrandTXSoccer on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

Continue to throw jabs at Fever? Are you talking to me? I think I've mentioned Fever twice in the past 6 months or so maybe. Once last week when talking about teams not playing and it effecting their seeding, saying that if I were Fever not playing might scare me a little bit (not a concern now that they are playing) and then just now saying that they have the best player in the tournament but essentially if no one else steps up its not going to matter, not a jab at them, but a fact about them AND the game of soccer in general. Now maybe you've picked up some new players and with some good additions I don't see any reason why Fever can't be back in the Top 10 again.

Um, i think anyone that picks any of these games is simply guessing, kind of the point of a thread asking for predictions (definition means to foretell the future, if that doesn't mean guess then I don't know what does). If anyone really thinks anyone truly knows how a group of 10 year old girls are going to perform from one day to the next I'd be most impressed. Of the teams in this tournament I've watched all but 3 of them (none since signing day so, like everyone else I have no idea if they are all the same players or not but still more than most folks). Of all the teams I've seen most recently I'd say LP Barnes looks to be playing the best, then FWFC, then I'd say Fever.

So once again, with there being so little difference between most of the teams, flip a coin and pick your winner. I guessed LP Barnes would come out on top, if you don't like it guess some other team. Heck, if Fever won I would be shocked at all, wouldn't be shocked if Barnes didn't make the semi's either.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 2866
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by herradura on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Continue to throw jabs at Fever? Are you talking to me? I think I've mentioned Fever twice in the past 6 months or so maybe. Once last week when talking about teams not playing and it effecting their seeding, saying that if I were Fever not playing might scare me a little bit (not a concern now that they are playing) and then just now saying that they have the best player in the tournament but essentially if no one else steps up its not going to matter, not a jab at them, but a fact about them AND the game of soccer in general. Now maybe you've picked up some new players and with some good additions I don't see any reason why Fever can't be back in the Top 10 again.

Um, i think anyone that picks any of these games is simply guessing, kind of the point of a thread asking for predictions (definition means to foretell the future, if that doesn't mean guess then I don't know what does). If anyone really thinks anyone truly knows how a group of 10 year old girls are going to perform from one day to the next I'd be most impressed. Of the teams in this tournament I've watched all but 3 of them (none since signing day so, like everyone else I have no idea if they are all the same players or not but still more than most folks). Of all the teams I've seen most recently I'd say LP Barnes looks to be playing the best, then FWFC, then I'd say Fever.

So once again, with there being so little difference between most of the teams, flip a coin and pick your winner. I guessed LP Barnes would come out on top, if you don't like it guess some other team. Heck, if Fever won I would be shocked at all, wouldn't be shocked if Barnes didn't make the semi's either.  

I think "keepinitreal" has some reading comprehension challenges... I think everyone commenting (for the most part) is on the same page.
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2404
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:04 pm

herradura wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:
herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
Why do you continue to throw jabs at Fever?

I do not get it either - IMO, I think Fever is a 10-15 team. They not only retained the players they had and added but also added quality. Just because they got beat by the boot and run in some tournaments does not mean they are failing. They are learning and playing possession which is more than most teams are doing out there.

My only beef with the team in the past is playing "guests" with no intention of joining... But that is all done now.

didnt see a lot of possession but did see a lot of fouling as a general style of play, take out the top player and they get average quick...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by herradura on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:10 pm

silentparent wrote:
herradura wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:
herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
Why do you continue to throw jabs at Fever?

I do not get it either - IMO, I think Fever is a 10-15 team. They not only retained the players they had and added but also added quality. Just because they got beat by the boot and run in some tournaments does not mean they are failing. They are learning and playing possession which is more than most teams are doing out there.

My only beef with the team in the past is playing "guests" with no intention of joining... But that is all done now.

didnt see a lot of possession but did see a lot of fouling as a general style of play, take out the top player and they get average quick...

I think Sting Goodman is ranked #1 when it comes to fouling as general style of play... I do agree that Fever would be top 5
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2404
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:10 pm

herradura wrote:
silentparent wrote:
herradura wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
Why do you continue to throw jabs at Fever?

I do not get it either - IMO, I think Fever is a 10-15 team. They not only retained the players they had and added but also added quality. Just because they got beat by the boot and run in some tournaments does not mean they are failing. They are learning and playing possession which is more than most teams are doing out there.

My only beef with the team in the past is playing "guests" with no intention of joining... But that is all done now.

didnt see a lot of possession but did see a lot of fouling as a general style of play, take out the top player and they get average quick...

I think Sting Goodman is ranked #1 when it comes to fouling as general style of play... I do agree that Fever would be top 5

true...but no one holds a candle to cruz. lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by SolarPower00 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Now that's something we can all agree upon.
Cruz : roughest 03 team around
Sting Good: roughest in the metroplex
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 589
Points : 2703
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by GrandTXSoccer on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 pm

There are football teams in NTX that don't hold a can hold a candle to Cruz and how physical they play, however wasn't there a team who had the cops called on a parent or something this year? Thought I heard that recently but sadly I've heard so many strange soccer stories that they all start merging together.

None as jacked up as the story from Brazil where the ref was stoned and decapitated by fans after he gave a red card to a player and then stabbed & killed the player when he refused to leave the field. I still can't quite grasp that one but yet it happened.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 2866
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum