2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 09:07 pm

» GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play
by Zizou Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills Yesterday at 09:38 am

» FCDallas Girls West (Euless, Grapevine, Southlake)
by RNEL293 Yesterday at 08:14 am

» What a year
by Cam203030 15/12/17, 04:39 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - February 1-4, 2018
by U90C 15/12/17, 04:34 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by musaisaya 15/12/17, 03:05 pm

» Quiet Forum
by Zizou 15/12/17, 01:49 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by timmyh 14/12/17, 04:12 pm

» Sting Dallas 2011 Weigelt
by sting08 14/12/17, 12:03 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 14/12/17, 11:43 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 14/12/17, 09:13 am

» Triumph 08g North FW, Keller, Roanoke
by Hmeleven 14/12/17, 08:37 am

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:26 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:25 pm

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 03:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:00 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 02:59 pm

» Longhorns 3v3 girls 00s
by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 02:31 pm

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 13-14
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:39 am

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:38 am

» 05 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:37 am

» Shooters 2010 Looking to Add players
by Ericsal 13/12/17, 06:49 am

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:36 am

» Texas Spurs 09 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:35 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11461 registered users
The newest registered user is FCTB

Our users have posted a total of 166106 messages in 20919 subjects

U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will win the Puma Cup?

10% 10% 
[ 3 ]
33% 33% 
[ 10 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]
17% 17% 
[ 5 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 30

U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by Barca on 15/07/13, 08:28 am

Who will win this years Puma Cup? Here are my predictions:
Semi Finals
LP vs Sparta
Fever vs DT South-Red

Finals:
LP vs DT

Winner:
LP Barnes

LP & DT benefit with good showings and Fever keeps dropping IMO.
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: U-11 Puma Cup Predictions?

Post by herradura on 15/07/13, 08:42 am

I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 15/07/13, 09:01 am

herradura wrote:I would not discount Fever yet...

I see them coming out on top of this group, but they will not have an easy go of it - these teams are all coming to play.

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 15/07/13, 09:06 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:

Verses the tournaments when they only would come for the ice cream social and not to play Smile

Just looked at the brackets and I honestly have no clue who is going to come out on top in this thing. There's really not a ton seperating the very best team from the worst team. If I were to guess I'd say LP Barnes comes out on top. Fever probably has the best player in the tournament but if that's all you have then you really don't have much when you get to this stage in the game because anyone can man mark someone completely out of a game.

I'm more curious to see how everyone looks after so much time off and then I'm curious to how much the weather is going to play a part in teams getting in the practices that they need to get to tune up for qualifying. Hope your team has an indoor facility they can practice in because running around in the slop (although fun and at times beneficial) and trying to improve isn't easy at the highest level, so it's even more difficult at this level.

Good point GrandTX - But this time they are REALLY coming to play! Very Happy 
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keepinitreal on 15/07/13, 09:18 am

herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

Why do you continue to throw jabs at Fever?

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 15/07/13, 09:33 am

keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

I do not get it either - IMO, I think Fever is a 10-15 team. They not only retained the players they had and added but also added quality. Just because they got beat by the boot and run in some tournaments does not mean they are failing. They are learning and playing possession which is more than most teams are doing out there.

My only beef with the team in the past is playing "guests" with no intention of joining... But that is all done now.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Header on 15/07/13, 09:47 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:

Still at it with the academy posturing and clawing...  
Clearly you have not done any homework and are just guessing (as you say), especially in regards to your comments regarding specific teams.

In these QT warmup / seeding tournaments, we will see a massive reality check as to the gap in level of play between a number of teams...  reality will soon over ride all the petti posturing.

Do bring your notes next Monday, and feel free to leave the 'guessing' at the door.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 15/07/13, 10:18 am

At the risk of sounding like another guesser,
...I see Barnes, Fever Black, and Sparta all going to the semis.
Sparta and Fever Black should be a great matchup.
Let's not overlook Odyssey....could very well be a wildcard.

As for taking notes and 'homework'....I'll have to look on GrandTx's paper because
I'll be at Tut watching that field of 40+
03 teams.

Last edited by SolarPower00 on 15/07/13, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 15/07/13, 10:19 am

Continue to throw jabs at Fever? Are you talking to me? I think I've mentioned Fever twice in the past 6 months or so maybe. Once last week when talking about teams not playing and it effecting their seeding, saying that if I were Fever not playing might scare me a little bit (not a concern now that they are playing) and then just now saying that they have the best player in the tournament but essentially if no one else steps up its not going to matter, not a jab at them, but a fact about them AND the game of soccer in general. Now maybe you've picked up some new players and with some good additions I don't see any reason why Fever can't be back in the Top 10 again.

Um, i think anyone that picks any of these games is simply guessing, kind of the point of a thread asking for predictions (definition means to foretell the future, if that doesn't mean guess then I don't know what does). If anyone really thinks anyone truly knows how a group of 10 year old girls are going to perform from one day to the next I'd be most impressed. Of the teams in this tournament I've watched all but 3 of them (none since signing day so, like everyone else I have no idea if they are all the same players or not but still more than most folks). Of all the teams I've seen most recently I'd say LP Barnes looks to be playing the best, then FWFC, then I'd say Fever.

So once again, with there being so little difference between most of the teams, flip a coin and pick your winner. I guessed LP Barnes would come out on top, if you don't like it guess some other team. Heck, if Fever won I would be shocked at all, wouldn't be shocked if Barnes didn't make the semi's either.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 15/07/13, 10:54 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Continue to throw jabs at Fever? Are you talking to me? I think I've mentioned Fever twice in the past 6 months or so maybe. Once last week when talking about teams not playing and it effecting their seeding, saying that if I were Fever not playing might scare me a little bit (not a concern now that they are playing) and then just now saying that they have the best player in the tournament but essentially if no one else steps up its not going to matter, not a jab at them, but a fact about them AND the game of soccer in general. Now maybe you've picked up some new players and with some good additions I don't see any reason why Fever can't be back in the Top 10 again.

Um, i think anyone that picks any of these games is simply guessing, kind of the point of a thread asking for predictions (definition means to foretell the future, if that doesn't mean guess then I don't know what does). If anyone really thinks anyone truly knows how a group of 10 year old girls are going to perform from one day to the next I'd be most impressed. Of the teams in this tournament I've watched all but 3 of them (none since signing day so, like everyone else I have no idea if they are all the same players or not but still more than most folks). Of all the teams I've seen most recently I'd say LP Barnes looks to be playing the best, then FWFC, then I'd say Fever.

So once again, with there being so little difference between most of the teams, flip a coin and pick your winner. I guessed LP Barnes would come out on top, if you don't like it guess some other team. Heck, if Fever won I would be shocked at all, wouldn't be shocked if Barnes didn't make the semi's either.  

I think "keepinitreal" has some reading comprehension challenges... I think everyone commenting (for the most part) is on the same page.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/07/13, 11:04 am

herradura wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

I do not get it either - IMO, I think Fever is a 10-15 team. They not only retained the players they had and added but also added quality. Just because they got beat by the boot and run in some tournaments does not mean they are failing. They are learning and playing possession which is more than most teams are doing out there.

My only beef with the team in the past is playing "guests" with no intention of joining... But that is all done now.

didnt see a lot of possession but did see a lot of fouling as a general style of play, take out the top player and they get average quick...

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 15/07/13, 11:10 am

silentparent wrote:
herradura wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

didnt see a lot of possession but did see a lot of fouling as a general style of play, take out the top player and they get average quick...

I think Sting Goodman is ranked #1 when it comes to fouling as general style of play... I do agree that Fever would be top 5
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/07/13, 11:10 am

herradura wrote:
silentparent wrote:
herradura wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:
herradura wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:

I think Sting Goodman is ranked #1 when it comes to fouling as general style of play... I do agree that Fever would be top 5

true...but no one holds a candle to cruz. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 15/07/13, 12:02 pm

Now that's something we can all agree upon.
Cruz : roughest 03 team around
Sting Good: roughest in the metroplex
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 15/07/13, 12:13 pm

There are football teams in NTX that don't hold a can hold a candle to Cruz and how physical they play, however wasn't there a team who had the cops called on a parent or something this year? Thought I heard that recently but sadly I've heard so many strange soccer stories that they all start merging together.

None as jacked up as the story from Brazil where the ref was stoned and decapitated by fans after he gave a red card to a player and then stabbed & killed the player when he refused to leave the field. I still can't quite grasp that one but yet it happened.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum