North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now Empty why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now

Post by GGoat 18/07/13, 05:34 pm

When I was a kid it was a big deal to get leather cleats now the cheap ones are leather and the expensive are synthetic leather or plastic I don't get it are they any better? I know they have better colors but can they breath stretch and mold like leather

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now Empty Re: why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 05:45 pm

GGoat wrote:When I was a kid it was a big deal to get leather cleats now the cheap ones are leather and the expensive are synthetic leather or plastic I don't get it are they any better? I know they have better colors but can they breath stretch and mold like leather

I think the new focus is how light you can make the shoe. It seems the new composite leather allows the manufactor to decrease the weight over genuine leather.

Back to top Go down

why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now Empty Re: why does everyone wnt the plastic soccer cleats now

Post by golgolgol 18/07/13, 06:15 pm

my dd will only wear kangaroo leather. I tried those $200 'plastic' ones once, and she hated them.
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 06:17 pm

golgolgol wrote:my dd will only wear kangaroo leather. I tried those $200 'plastic' ones once, and she hated them.

Kangaroo leather seems to be a lot more durable than the new leather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 18/07/13, 08:20 pm

The DD tried the F-50s twice. She seemed to end up with more foot injuries. The last 3 pair we bought have been leather. The foot injuries seem to have subsided. (Knock on wood)
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 18/07/13, 09:16 pm

Not sure, both my DDs used F-50s ranging from the $60-$250 pairs. They claimed the lighter shoe helped their speed, but the lesser priced F-50s turned out to be more durable. Now my DD is sporting Puma Kings, turns out my DDs liked the spiked cleats as opposed to the blades, guess the cleats penetrate the hard Texas soil better than blades. I asked them individually why they chose F-50s, notably their replies' were typical, "Uhmm..i dunno, I like the colors!?!? I dunno!"

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 18/07/13, 09:25 pm

midfieldersdad wrote:Not sure, both my DDs used F-50s ranging from the $60-$250 pairs. They claimed the lighter shoe helped their speed, but the lesser priced F-50s turned out to be more durable. Now my DD is sporting Puma Kings, turns out my DDs liked the spiked cleats as opposed to the blades, guess the cleats penetrate the hard Texas soil better than blades. I asked them individually why they chose F-50s, notably their replies' were typical, "Uhmm..i dunno, I like the colors!?!? I dunno!"

Exactly, having a 01 DD, so far it has been all about the logo and having a cool new color the others don't have yet... maybe she will care more about the feel and performance at some point....I just make sure they are on sale!!! She goes through a minimum of 2 pair per year, plus random indoor shoe replacements.....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by **SweetFeet** 19/07/13, 07:04 am

My DD has tried f-50's, Nike Mecurials, etc...she says the best shoes are the current ones she has which are the "Addidas Copa Mundial" cleats...

**SweetFeet**
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by h_seldon 19/07/13, 07:38 am

My dd was all for leather, be it the older predators, or the leather F50's. Last year when looking at new shoes she tried the latest CTR360 with the synthetic kangalite upper. She loves them. They have the same feel as leather, but so far have out lasted the leather F50's by months.

We recently got her another pair (going into HS she will use the old, still good, pair at school), she tried on almost every top line shoe, and went back to the CTR. She really wanted the new adidas Nitrocharge to work, but he toe box is wider and she prefers a tighter shoe.
h_seldon
h_seldon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nacra 19/07/13, 08:20 am

My DD gets whatever is on sale but she does get to chose the color. I must be a terrible parent.
nacra
nacra
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 19/07/13, 08:29 am

golgolgol wrote:my dd will only wear kangaroo leather. I tried those $200 'plastic' ones once, and she hated them.

My DD gets what I get her...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Onemoreyear 19/07/13, 09:51 am

Same for my DD.  Kangaroo leather only because they are soft and mold to her feet. 16 months ago we let her order a customized pair of Nike Kangaroo leather cleats because her foot had stopped growing.   She got to choose the color, style, put her jersey number and nick name on them.  Still wearing them and not even close to needing to be replaced!!  Well worth the $190.
Onemoreyear
Onemoreyear
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Default Setting 19/07/13, 09:53 am

Copa's all the way...best shoes in the late 80's and still today. it was a better day when you could metal 1" studs in rainy weather, too.

/yea I'm old
//get off my lawn, kid!

lol
Default Setting
Default Setting
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 19/07/13, 10:15 am

Both of my kids prefer Kangaroo leather.
Especially during the heated time of the year.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 19/07/13, 10:47 am

As her "signing bonus" this year. My dd got to pick her shoes. She went for the Adidas Copas. Apparently she learned from all the older girls at residential soccer camp these were the "must have" shoes. So far, she really likes them.

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Just an Observer 19/07/13, 10:53 am

Adidas Copas are great shoes, but not if you have narrow feet. Visit Shawn at Soccer City and have him work with your DD on finding the best shoe for her. It's worth the 30 extra minutes!

Just an Observer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/07/13, 10:53 am

We've had tremendous success with the clearance racks at WalMart and Target.  We can usually find a pair that are within +/- 2 1/2 sizes of our DD's actual shoe size.  We find that band-aids, neosporin, duct tape and super glue are collectively much cheaper than kangaroo leather.

We tell her that if she sucks it up and stops crying about the blisters, we'll let her pick the color of the duct tape,

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer-Fan 19/07/13, 11:17 am

For what its worth...our daughter has worn (for the past two years) Adidas AdiPure 11Pro TRX.  They are calf leather (not kangaroo, but also not synthetic). Also miCoach compatible.   We recently picked up a pair at the Soccer Corner - in an old color scheme for $45 - regularly $150/pr.  She swears by them...but no neon colors, for those insist their kids feet glow in the dark.
Soccer-Fan
Soccer-Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/07/13, 11:21 am

Soccer-Fan wrote:For what its worth...our daughter has worn (for the past two years) Adidas AdiPure 11Pro TRX.  They are calf leather (not kangaroo, but also not synthetic). Also miCoach compatible.   We recently picked up a pair at the Soccer Corner - in an old color scheme for $45 - regularly $150/pr.  She swears by them...but no neon colors, for those insist their kids feet glow in the dark.

Great shoe:

Completely redesigned. miCoach ready. Elegantly crafted to support the foot's natural movement, these adiPURE™ 11Pro TRX FG soccer cleats are miCoach-ready for extra motivation. The women's cleats have a calf leather upper with K-leather in the kicking area, with TRAXION™ and PlusFlex in the outsole for more agile footwork on firm ground. Taurus full grain calf leather upper for glovelike fit with high resistance to abrasion; Highly durable, ultrathin coating to protect supersoft K-leather in main kicking area. •Ultra-thin, anatomically shaped saddle with functional 3-Stripes for excellent midfoot stability. Pre-molded EVA insole with microsuede lining for ultimate fit and comfort for women's feet. Sprint frame construction for the perfect balance between light weight and stability; miCoach compatible to enable performance monitoring and feedback. Comfort heel padding designed for women's feet. TRAXION™ FG outsole for grip and comfort on firm natural surfaces; PlusFlex outsole is split between third and fourth toes for great agility during lateral movements.

Back to top Go down

Post by AbEnd 19/07/13, 11:36 am

Pele played barefoot.

AbEnd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 19/07/13, 11:38 am

bwgophers wrote:We've had tremendous success with the clearance racks at WalMart and Target.  We can usually find a pair that are within +/- 2 1/2 sizes of our DD's actual shoe size.  We find that band-aids, neosporin, duct tape and super glue are collectively much cheaper than kangaroo leather.

We tell her that if she sucks it up and stops crying about the blisters, we'll let her pick the color of the duct tape,
lol! 
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 19/07/13, 11:50 am

Soccer-Fan wrote:...but no neon colors, for those insist their kids feet glow in the dark.

Like I could force my 13 year old to wear neon colors. Nope... that was all her. lol Even her coach asked if her shoes could be any brighter.

But her new shoes have definitely sparked a different conversation among teammates and parents since they are turf shoes. She noticed the difference almost immediately. No more knee or heel pain means no more ice packs, Icy Hot or Advil.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 19/07/13, 12:05 pm

txtransplant wrote:
Soccer-Fan wrote:...but no neon colors, for those insist their kids feet glow in the dark.

Like I could force my 13 year old to wear neon colors. Nope... that was all her. lol Even her coach asked if her shoes could be any brighter.

But her new shoes have definitely sparked a different conversation among teammates and parents since they are turf shoes. She noticed the difference almost immediately. No more knee or heel pain means no more ice packs, Icy Hot or Advil.

Eldest 3 wore Copa's all the way through. After getting invited to the ortho dr's dd's wedding, decided the 4th should wear turf shoes. Good news is the Copa turf is cheaper than the cleated version.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/07/13, 12:27 pm

BUNDESLIGA wrote:
Soccer-Fan wrote:For what its worth...our daughter has worn (for the past two years) Adidas AdiPure 11Pro TRX.  They are calf leather (not kangaroo, but also not synthetic). Also miCoach compatible.   We recently picked up a pair at the Soccer Corner - in an old color scheme for $45 - regularly $150/pr.  She swears by them...but no neon colors, for those insist their kids feet glow in the dark.

Great shoe:

Completely redesigned. miCoach ready. Elegantly crafted to support the foot's natural movement, these adiPURE™ 11Pro TRX FG soccer cleats are miCoach-ready for extra motivation. The women's cleats have a calf leather upper with K-leather in the kicking area, with TRAXION™ and PlusFlex in the outsole for more agile footwork on firm ground. Taurus full grain calf leather upper for glovelike fit with high resistance to abrasion; Highly durable, ultrathin coating to protect supersoft K-leather in main kicking area. •Ultra-thin, anatomically shaped saddle with functional 3-Stripes for excellent midfoot stability. Pre-molded EVA insole with microsuede lining for ultimate fit and comfort for women's feet. Sprint frame construction for the perfect balance between light weight and stability; miCoach compatible to enable performance monitoring and feedback. Comfort heel padding designed for women's feet. TRAXION™ FG outsole for grip and comfort on firm natural surfaces; PlusFlex outsole is split between third and fourth toes for great agility during lateral movements.

Next time someone on this forum tells me to "get a life" over my obsession with ranking 8-10yr old girls soccer teams in NTX, I'm replying with a link to this post...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/07/13, 12:29 pm

my daughter's shoe deal insisted, who am i to turn down millions of dollars?Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next