2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» FBR09 Rankings October 17th, 2017
by GRANITZA12 Today at 08:44 pm

» Term Team is Dead!
by Medicine Man Today at 08:39 pm

» Question for the seasoned parents
by bwgophers Today at 08:13 pm

» ODP and DA to merge?
by Medicine Man Today at 08:00 pm

» Why is there not an 07 section in Select category?
by soccertard Today at 07:50 pm

» This board Sucks!
by KeeperCommander Today at 07:37 pm

» U-14G US Soccer DA Standings as of October 16th, 2017
by FriscoSoccer2004 Today at 06:05 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Today at 05:26 pm

» Liverpool 08/09G Gerrard looking for players
by soccerfan00G Today at 04:13 pm

» Liverpool 08G/09G Gerrard
by soccerfan00G Today at 04:10 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - The ROCK - Austin, TX - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 03:39 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - The ROCK - Austin, TX - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 03:09 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Today at 03:07 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 02:10 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 02:08 pm

» Texas Spirit 08 - Clark in Plano
by acst Today at 12:23 pm

» 06 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 12:10 pm

» Texas Spirit 07 - pit plano
by acst Today at 11:37 am

» 02 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 11:31 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 11:30 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 11:29 am

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 11:28 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 11:27 am

» 02 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 11:26 am

» 04 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 11:24 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11380 registered users
The newest registered user is jlswann

Our users have posted a total of 164124 messages in 20603 subjects

PUMA CUP CANCELED

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 03eagle on 22/07/13, 08:41 am

textigerfan wrote:
Its Me wrote:Again, you guys amaze me.  It's like this is your first tournament.
I'm sure since this is your first year in select you'll look back 2 to 3 years from no when the 06 or 07 parents are making the same compliant and laugh.  

For parent that's talking about, "I love the they have drainage on their fields" and that's why we love them.  You're going to tell me ever tournament you enter you're going to email/phone the TD about the contingency plan, the field drainage plan, and etc.   Get over yourself.  If you think you're sounding like you know everything your have no idea how you sound.  

Also, if you look at the King Tut post those parents are complaining about the Officiating. So see somewhere you'll always find a Debbie Downer!

Amazing!!!!!!

I sure hope these are parents new to this.  I can understand that a bit more.  It is good entertainment though.

Not new to this, I'm just tired of it. You wise veterans seem to just accept it. Perhaps that's why we get poor service throughout the select soccer process. This went from blaming the City to saving the children to it's our fault for complaining.

03eagle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 00scrmom on 22/07/13, 08:44 am

All the moaning and groaning about one tournament...wait until they get their first game at Moss or even some of the UTD fields.  The fields are in worse shape and rainouts more frequent in LHGCL! And guess what...you'll have to accept it because people have been complaining for years and nothing has changed. Oh wait....UTD put in some new fields..HA, what an improvement that was! Been a few months since I've been there but is parking still atrocious??
avatar
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 649
Points : 3388
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 48
Location : Wherever the pitch may be

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Guest on 22/07/13, 08:48 am

You have to understand a city is a bureaucracy. They don't care if your tournament gets played. They want to keep their jobs, have as little risk as possible and do as little work as possible. The rain is a godsend for them, free money and no work....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Guest on 22/07/13, 09:08 am

00scrmom wrote:All the moaning and groaning about one tournament...wait until they get their first game at Moss or even some of the UTD fields.  The fields are in worse shape and rainouts more frequent in LHGCL!   And guess what...you'll have to accept it because people have been complaining for years and nothing has changed.  Oh wait....UTD put in some new fields..HA, what an improvement that was!  Been a few months since I've been there but is parking still atrocious??

Those games get re-scheduled. You are not donating hundreds of dollars to the city.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 00scrmom on 22/07/13, 09:18 am

BUNDESLIGA wrote:
00scrmom wrote:All the moaning and groaning about one tournament...wait until they get their first game at Moss or even some of the UTD fields.  The fields are in worse shape and rainouts more frequent in LHGCL!   And guess what...you'll have to accept it because people have been complaining for years and nothing has changed.  Oh wait....UTD put in some new fields..HA, what an improvement that was!  Been a few months since I've been there but is parking still atrocious??

Those games get re-scheduled. You are not donating hundreds of dollars to the city.
 
True they do get rescheduled and Arlington will get their share for the days they were played on.  Not sure how the city charges for the fields but why would they get paid for the fields if they weren't played on for Sunday??  Lightning has already stated they will prorate and refund the balance.


Last edited by 00scrmom on 22/07/13, 09:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarified statement)
avatar
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 649
Points : 3388
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 48
Location : Wherever the pitch may be

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Its Me on 22/07/13, 10:23 am

03eagle wrote:
textigerfan wrote:
Its Me wrote:Again, you guys amaze me.  It's like this is your first tournament.
I'm sure since this is your first year in select you'll look back 2 to 3 years from no when the 06 or 07 parents are making the same compliant and laugh.  

For parent that's talking about, "I love the they have drainage on their fields" and that's why we love them.  You're going to tell me ever tournament you enter you're going to email/phone the TD about the contingency plan, the field drainage plan, and etc.   Get over yourself.  If you think you're sounding like you know everything your have no idea how you sound.  

Also, if you look at the King Tut post those parents are complaining about the Officiating. So see somewhere you'll always find a Debbie Downer!

Amazing!!!!!!

I sure hope these are parents new to this.  I can understand that a bit more.  It is good entertainment though.

Not new to this, I'm just tired of it. You wise veterans seem to just accept it. Perhaps that's why we get poor service throughout the select soccer process. This went from blaming the City to saving the children to it's our fault for complaining.
I don't claim to be wise but remember you as a parent always have a choice.
 
-  You can either accept it and a look to a brighter day
-  Quit playing select and save the headaches,
-  Return to Rec.

I've learned that whether it's work, life, or soccer you have to choose your battles wisely. (Now that's wise!)

Everyone have a great week.cheers
avatar
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 951
Points : 4128
Join date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 03eagle on 22/07/13, 10:31 am

Its Me wrote:
03eagle wrote:
textigerfan wrote:
Its Me wrote:Again, you guys amaze me.  It's like this is your first tournament.
I'm sure since this is your first year in select you'll look back 2 to 3 years from no when the 06 or 07 parents are making the same compliant and laugh.  

For parent that's talking about, "I love the they have drainage on their fields" and that's why we love them.  You're going to tell me ever tournament you enter you're going to email/phone the TD about the contingency plan, the field drainage plan, and etc.   Get over yourself.  If you think you're sounding like you know everything your have no idea how you sound.  

Also, if you look at the King Tut post those parents are complaining about the Officiating. So see somewhere you'll always find a Debbie Downer!

Amazing!!!!!!

I sure hope these are parents new to this.  I can understand that a bit more.  It is good entertainment though.

Not new to this, I'm just tired of it. You wise veterans seem to just accept it. Perhaps that's why we get poor service throughout the select soccer process. This went from blaming the City to saving the children to it's our fault for complaining.
I don't claim to be wise but remember you as a parent always have a choice.
 
-  You can either accept it and a look to a brighter day
-  Quit playing select and save the headaches,
-  Return to Rec.

I've learned that whether it's work, life, or soccer you have to choose your battles wisely. (Now that's wise!)

Everyone have a great week.cheers

Or you can choose the battle because it is worth fighting. Your choices all involve giving up or accepting. I do not see the wisdom in that, unless there is no hope for change and one does not care.

avatar
03eagle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1746
Join date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by textigerfan on 22/07/13, 11:23 am

Please let us know how the battle turns out...it will be interesting to see.

Please also let us know what you are asking for as well so we can measure the success of the efforts provided. Don't get me wrong, I wanted them to play as well (on Sunday). I just also know there was nothing I could do about it either. Other than hope our team chooses a different tournament next year if so inclined.
avatar
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 411
Points : 3268
Join date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by TripDDs on 22/07/13, 11:29 am

Taking on the weather and municipalities, sounds like a stupid battle. It has been a weird July, and a freak storm hit - I believe the tournament had never been canceled before...but sure, go ahead, take on the whole tournament process.
avatar
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 99
Points : 1757
Join date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 00scrmom on 22/07/13, 11:32 am

TripDDs wrote:Taking on the weather and municipalities, sounds like a stupid battle.  It has been a weird July, and a freak storm hit - I believe the tournament had never been canceled before...but sure, go ahead, take on the whole tournament process.

As a matter of fact, it rained on the Friday of the tournament last year and they didn't cancel, just delayed so games were played late. Not alot of rain, more so delayed for lightning.
avatar
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 649
Points : 3388
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 48
Location : Wherever the pitch may be

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Slakemoth on 22/07/13, 11:32 am

03eagle wrote:Or you can choose the battle because it is worth fighting. Your choices all involve giving up or accepting. I do not see the wisdom in that, unless there is no hope for change and one does not care.  


As a tournament director I am curious as to how you would have handled this issue.... not taking a shot at you, I am curious how you would have approached the weekend from a logistics standpoint to cover a possible weather situation.
avatar
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 479
Points : 3577
Join date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Guest on 22/07/13, 11:46 am

Slakemoth wrote:
03eagle wrote:Or you can choose the battle because it is worth fighting. Your choices all involve giving up or accepting. I do not see the wisdom in that, unless there is no hope for change and one does not care.  


As a tournament director I am curious as to how you would have handled this issue.... not taking a shot at you, I am curious how you would have approached the weekend from a logistics standpoint to cover a possible weather situation.

Domes...I would not mind spending an extra $1,000 for my kid to play a 3 game match for each tournament... I mean come on aren't we all filthy rich.. I know I am filthy but rich is not one of them.



Last edited by hardtruthsoldier123 on 22/07/13, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insert picture)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Barca on 22/07/13, 11:48 am

avatar
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 365
Points : 2065
Join date : 2013-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 03eagle on 22/07/13, 01:49 pm

Slakemoth wrote:
03eagle wrote:Or you can choose the battle because it is worth fighting. Your choices all involve giving up or accepting. I do not see the wisdom in that, unless there is no hope for change and one does not care.  


As a tournament director I am curious as to how you would have handled this issue.... not taking a shot at you, I am curious how you would have approached the weekend from a logistics standpoint to cover a possible weather situation.

See the "Ugly Truth" post on the boys forum. I would have let the kids play on Sunday, even if just the scheduled matches.

avatar
03eagle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1746
Join date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by Its Me on 22/07/13, 02:27 pm

Wow!  Ok Eagle you are correct.  

I don't know the answer to this.  
Did they give the teams refunds?
avatar
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 951
Points : 4128
Join date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by TripDDs on 22/07/13, 02:30 pm

Most tournaments are non-refundable, but some will apply a credit to participation in a future event.

avatar
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 99
Points : 1757
Join date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by PokerPro on 22/07/13, 02:33 pm

Contingency plans for rain in July?  Like what?  put money down on another area hoping that if it rained in Arlington it wouldn't rain in Fort Worth?  What a stupid thing to say..contingency plans....they would lock whoever did that in a padded room.

PokerPro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 3087
Join date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by textigerfan on 22/07/13, 02:39 pm

It was my understanding from our Manager there will be some kind of pro-rated refund. That could be fair.
avatar
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 411
Points : 3268
Join date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 00scrmom on 22/07/13, 02:59 pm

03eagle wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:
03eagle wrote:Or you can choose the battle because it is worth fighting. Your choices all involve giving up or accepting. I do not see the wisdom in that, unless there is no hope for change and one does not care.  


As a tournament director I am curious as to how you would have handled this issue.... not taking a shot at you, I am curious how you would have approached the weekend from a logistics standpoint to cover a possible weather situation.

See the "Ugly Truth" post on the boys forum. I would have let the kids play on Sunday, even if just the scheduled matches.

As easy as that sounds, there were 91 scheduled games left without any semis or finals. The amount of U8/9 B and G games remaining where there only a few fields to play on was probably the hang up. Could they have jumped through hoops and maneuvered things around to get it done, maybe? That's not my call, just trying to see it from all perspectives.
avatar
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 649
Points : 3388
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 48
Location : Wherever the pitch may be

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by fun soccer on 23/07/13, 08:48 am

00scrmom wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:
00scrmom wrote:All the moaning and groaning about one tournament...wait until they get their first game at Moss or even some of the UTD fields.  The fields are in worse shape and rainouts more frequent in LHGCL!   And guess what...you'll have to accept it because people have been complaining for years and nothing has changed.  Oh wait....UTD put in some new fields..HA, what an improvement that was!  Been a few months since I've been there but is parking still atrocious??

Those games get re-scheduled. You are not donating hundreds of dollars to the city.
 
True they do get rescheduled and Arlington will get their share for the days they were played on.  Not sure how the city charges for the fields but why would they get paid for the fields if they weren't played on for Sunday??  Lightning has already stated they will prorate and refund the balance.
 
 
I will be waiting to see my refunds. I dont want a credit, I will take a refund as stated above.
avatar
fun soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 128
Points : 3319
Join date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 03eagle on 23/07/13, 09:28 am

fun soccer wrote:
00scrmom wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:
00scrmom wrote:All the moaning and groaning about one tournament...wait until they get their first game at Moss or even some of the UTD fields.  The fields are in worse shape and rainouts more frequent in LHGCL!   And guess what...you'll have to accept it because people have been complaining for years and nothing has changed.  Oh wait....UTD put in some new fields..HA, what an improvement that was!  Been a few months since I've been there but is parking still atrocious??

Those games get re-scheduled. You are not donating hundreds of dollars to the city.
 
True they do get rescheduled and Arlington will get their share for the days they were played on.  Not sure how the city charges for the fields but why would they get paid for the fields if they weren't played on for Sunday??  Lightning has already stated they will prorate and refund the balance.
 
 
I will be waiting to see my refunds. I dont want a credit, I will take a refund as stated above.

Are they reimbursing hotels, too? No need to answer that. Will be interested to see what formula they use and how much is deducted as "costs" from the formula.
avatar
03eagle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1746
Join date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by futbollove on 23/07/13, 09:53 am

Puma Cup has progressively gotten worse each year. Not surprised it has come to this. And yeah, they could have "jumped through hoops" to finish the tourney if they had wanted to. But there was the chance to earn some extra cash, and TL jumped at it.
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 2961
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 00scrmom on 23/07/13, 10:23 am

futbollove wrote:Puma Cup has progressively gotten worse each year. Not surprised it has come to this. And  yeah, they could have "jumped through hoops" to finish the tourney if they had wanted to. But there was the chance  to earn some extra cash, and TL  jumped at it.

Curious to know, how did they earn extra cash? If they do what they said they would, then any cash they would have given to refs for those games should be going back to the teams. Where else would the extra cash come from?
avatar
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 649
Points : 3388
Join date : 2010-08-01
Age : 48
Location : Wherever the pitch may be

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by fun soccer on 23/07/13, 10:29 am

00scrmom wrote:
futbollove wrote:Puma Cup has progressively gotten worse each year. Not surprised it has come to this. And  yeah, they could have "jumped through hoops" to finish the tourney if they had wanted to. But there was the chance  to earn some extra cash, and TL  jumped at it.

Curious to know, how did they earn extra cash? If they do what they said they would, then any cash they would have given to refs for those games should be going back to the teams.  Where else would the extra cash come from?

00scrmon- you seem to be in the know with Lightning. Do you know when they will be contacting teams about the refund?
avatar
fun soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 128
Points : 3319
Join date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by futbollove on 23/07/13, 10:32 am

00scrmom wrote:
futbollove wrote:Puma Cup has progressively gotten worse each year. Not surprised it has come to this. And  yeah, they could have "jumped through hoops" to finish the tourney if they had wanted to. But there was the chance  to earn some extra cash, and TL  jumped at it.

Curious to know, how did they earn extra cash? If they do what they said they would, then any cash they would have given to refs for those games should be going back to the teams.  Where else would the extra cash come from?
You just answered your own question. No ref fees= more cash
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 2961
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: PUMA CUP CANCELED

Post by 2028 on 23/07/13, 10:38 am

To me it was all about perception. The rains came and within 15 minutes of the stop of the rain the entire tournament was cancelled. Never mind there was 3 hours of sunlight left in the day and all night. Perception to me was that they made a very rash decision. Had they waited at least until almost night fall and then called it I would have at least felt they tried. As it was it did not seem to me much effort was put into it by TD or the City. No one was getting out of their hotel agreements at that time in the evening anyway why make such a quick and rash judgment? Perception is everything and I think TD could have done a much better job at caring or at least pretending to care. Just my two cents worth.
avatar
2028
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 2493
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum