North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Final Results/Moving On - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Final Results/Moving On

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Final Results/Moving On - Page 3 Empty Re: Final Results/Moving On

Post by herradura 29/07/13, 02:40 pm

Fist of Love wrote:Looks like Lee Weddall blowing up his daughter's team in an attempt to make them LHGCL quality didn't work too well...0-3 with no goals scored.  

Awwwww.......

And the way they are playing, they're APL bound.  That's gotta be a blow to LW's ego.

You are an idiot.

That team will have the best coach in APL or PPL, and be a great place to develop as a 10 yr old - furthermore, they will not have to put up with jackwagon parents like you.

herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/07/13, 02:40 pm

Just a guess, his ego is probably doing just fine considering last weekend that four LP teams advanced on the first weekend. Don't believe any other club had more than two.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Eli18211 29/07/13, 02:59 pm

herradura wrote:
justme76 wrote:

Just curious, did those teams pack the box or did dt adames just lay an egg?

Sparta and FCD Suarez are both good teams. I would go to say that this bracket was the most competitive of the first weekend.

Even Sting Cuevas team made it hard on the FCD Suarez, should have been closer gave up 2 own goals. Those girls played tough against their opponents.

Eli18211
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 29/07/13, 03:28 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Just a guess, his ego is probably doing just fine considering last weekend that four LP teams advanced on the first weekend. Don't believe any other club had more than two.
 I don't know diddly about the LP academy, does LW help train the LP Rush, Keegan and/or Barnes teams?  If he doesn't help to coach them does he provide the curriculum that those coaches follow?  If so then a big kudos to him.  It would be one of the first instances that I've heard of an Academy Director actually directing the academy.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 03:53 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Just a guess, his ego is probably doing just fine considering last weekend that four LP teams advanced on the first weekend. Don't believe any other club had more than two.
 I don't know diddly about the LP academy, does LW help train the LP Rush, Keegan and/or Barnes teams?  If he doesn't help to coach them does he provide the curriculum that those coaches follow?  If so then a big kudos to him.  It would be one of the first instances that I've heard of an Academy Director actually directing the academy.

no save the kudos for the keegan, rush and barnes coaches and girls, LW had diddly to do with any of them.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 03:57 pm

outonthelimb wrote:

I believe the Academy Director at least attempts to provide the curriculum to his coaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 29/07/13, 04:14 pm

I believe that LW provides curriculum and resources and training methods to the academy coaches, trained a lot of the players at RASE sessions, took several out of town on play dates, etc. I also saw this weekend that he added players to both Rush and Keegan at least (not sure about Barnes as believe this team is a new recruit). I can think of half a dozen players at least that used to play/train for LW that are now on these teams.
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/07/13, 04:34 pm

Ah, Lobo_Mamma, never confuse these folks with facts. It's much better to let them just go along with their blind hatred of the man Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 29/07/13, 04:36 pm

One thing that was troubling (so far) about this division is that I see only one team in the entire age group that knows how to play possession at all. Usually, there are 3-4 teams at this point that can, at least.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 04:47 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Ah, Lobo_Mamma, never confuse these folks with facts. It's much better to let them just go along with their blind hatred of the man Smile

lol, go talk to those teams and ask how much "help" he was..

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 29/07/13, 04:57 pm

Master Bates wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:

I believe the Academy Director at least attempts to provide the curriculum to his coaches.
"attempts to provide"?!? Do they knock it out of his hand and run away when he presents it to them or do they not show up at the coaching meeting or does he leave the curriculum at home? That was all in jest but you're a forum veteran and get my point. I think you meant to say he provides it but doesn't stand in their practices and make them implement it.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 05:01 pm

silentparent, your ugly anti-LW agenda which frequently punctuates your mostly acidic posts leaves you with little credibility on here.
But thanks for the entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 05:11 pm

SoftballDad wrote:silentparent, your ugly anti-LW agenda which frequently punctuates your mostly acidic posts leaves you with little credibility on here.

lol, its ok, we know you are a lw wannabe...pirat

everyone knows LW has one team -his 04's... to say he helped the other 03 teams do anything to qualify is laughable...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 05:20 pm

Laughable? Only one team? Could've sworn he has the top 03 LP team, and provided players to several of the other LP teams. Weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 05:23 pm

SoftballDad wrote:Laughable? Only one team? Could've sworn he has the top 03 LP team, and provided players to several of the other LP teams. Weird.

good try, the post was about the other 3 lp teams, not his, which will probably be handed of to KB in the future I imagine. Cutting players at the last moment and then having their parents scramble is hardly "help".....

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 29/07/13, 05:26 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:I believe that LW provides curriculum and resources and training methods to the academy coaches, trained a lot of the players at RASE sessions, took several out of town on play dates, etc. I also saw this weekend that he added players to both Rush and Keegan at least (not sure about Barnes as believe this team is a new recruit). I can think of half a dozen players at least that used to play/train for LW that are now on these teams.
My inquiry is purely to gain insight into how LP Academy works .... You began your statement above with "I believe" which insinuates that you may or may not be correct. Was that your true intent (e.g to leave some room for uncertainty)? Or does LW provide a curriculum for the LP Academy coaches to follow?
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 29/07/13, 05:31 pm

silentparent wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:silentparent, your ugly anti-LW agenda which frequently punctuates your mostly acidic posts leaves you with little credibility on here.

everyone knows LW has one team -his 04's... to say he helped the other 03 teams do anything to qualify is laughable...
It's not often that I agree with Silentparent but I do in this regard. SoftballDad: It's obvious that your dd is on LW's 03 team and it is definitely a strong team. No one is arguing this. I know that some of the players he had on the Rase 03 team where sent to some of the other LP teams but that is because he had so many players during academy. Once you sign your 16 players that's it. Where were these players going to go? The good job he did was in helping these players land on a team within the LP clubs. So kudos to him for that but to say that he had any part in the other LP teams being successful is a slap in the face to the hard work that the other LP coaches are doing. LP teams have some great coaches and should be applauded for their accomplishments in the LP organization and in landing a high number of teams in D1. Hopefully they will be able to gain a spot in ECNL soon otherwise, these teams will merge in about three years when they lose other players to the ECNL clubs.
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 05:37 pm

Barca wrote:
silentparent wrote:

It's not often that I agree with Silentparent but I do in this regard. SoftballDad: It's obvious that your dd is on LW's 03 team and it is definitely a strong team. No one is arguing this. I know that some of the players he had on the Rase 03 team where sent to some of the other LP teams but that is because he had so many players during academy. Once you sign your 16 players that's it. Where were these players going to go? The good job he did was in helping these players land on a team within the LP clubs. So kudos to him for that but to say that he had any part in the other LP teams being successful is a slap in the face to the hard work that the other LP coaches are doing. LP teams have some great coaches and should be applauded for their accomplishments in the LP organization and in landing a high number of teams in D1. Hopefully they will be able to gain a spot in ECNL soon otherwise, these teams will merge in about three years when they lose other players to the ECNL clubs.

yep, give LW his due, he has two great teams, but for the other 3 teams give the credit to the GIRLS working their butts off and the coaches coaching them-not LW...

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 29/07/13, 05:38 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
Lobo_Momma wrote:I believe that LW provides curriculum and resources and training methods to the academy coaches, trained a lot of the players at RASE sessions, took several out of town on play dates, etc. I also saw this weekend that he added players to both Rush and Keegan at least (not sure about Barnes as believe this team is a new recruit). I can think of half a dozen players at least that used to play/train for LW that are now on these teams.
 My inquiry is purely to gain insight into how LP Academy works ....  You began your statement above with "I believe"  which insinuates that you may or may not be correct.  Was that your true intent (e.g to leave some room for uncertainty)?  Or does LW provide a curriculum for the LP Academy coaches to follow?  
Having an older dd in LP, I know that some of the coaches are selected to go to England for training. I believe that the last time I heard, the coaches would be placed on a rotation to attend the the extra training in England. Not sure about a curriculum. I also know that they push the Coerver Training but I'm not sure if they are required to be certified in this style of training. However, you do not need to be on a LP team to have your dd receive this training. Here is the website should anyone be interested: http://www.coervertexas.com/
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/07/13, 05:52 pm

Oh good grief, all I said was that I'm sure his pride is just fine considering LP had four teams make DI in week one. No where did I say that it was because of his brilliant coaching or lushes hair that those three other teams not coached by him made it DI. He's the freaking academy director, I'm sure he's thrilled that so many of the teams qualified and takes great pride in it. Do you think Searles over at Sting is proud of the Sting teams that qualified? Or should he not be proud since he didn't coach any of them?

My original response was in response to someone trying to basically drag his DD into some gripe he has with LW, which I find about as low of a thing to do on here.

SP, I'm happy that Rush qualified (I assume that is the team you follow). I think Clint has done a wonderful job with that team.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/13, 06:43 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Oh good grief, all I said was that I'm sure his pride is just fine considering LP had four teams make DI in week one. No where did I say that it was because of his brilliant coaching or lushes hair that those three other teams not coached by him made it DI. He's the freaking academy director, I'm sure he's thrilled that so many of the teams qualified and takes great pride in it. Do you think Searles over at Sting is proud of the Sting teams that qualified? Or should he not be proud since he didn't coach any of them?

My original response was in response to someone trying to basically drag his DD into some gripe he has with LW, which I find about as low of a thing to do on here.

SP, I'm happy that Rush qualified (I assume that is the team you follow). I think Clint has done a wonderful job with that team.

I understand what you were saying, I have friends on all 3 teams and was very happy for all three, especially Barnes. They stepped up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3