2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» FBR09 Rankings October 17th, 2017
by GRANITZA12 Today at 08:44 pm

» Term Team is Dead!
by Medicine Man Today at 08:39 pm

» Question for the seasoned parents
by bwgophers Today at 08:13 pm

» ODP and DA to merge?
by Medicine Man Today at 08:00 pm

» Why is there not an 07 section in Select category?
by soccertard Today at 07:50 pm

» This board Sucks!
by KeeperCommander Today at 07:37 pm

» U-14G US Soccer DA Standings as of October 16th, 2017
by FriscoSoccer2004 Today at 06:05 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Today at 05:26 pm

» Liverpool 08/09G Gerrard looking for players
by soccerfan00G Today at 04:13 pm

» Liverpool 08G/09G Gerrard
by soccerfan00G Today at 04:10 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - The ROCK - Austin, TX - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 03:39 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - The ROCK - Austin, TX - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 03:09 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Today at 03:07 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 02:10 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 02:08 pm

» Texas Spirit 08 - Clark in Plano
by acst Today at 12:23 pm

» 06 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 12:10 pm

» Texas Spirit 07 - pit plano
by acst Today at 11:37 am

» 02 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 11:31 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 11:30 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 11:29 am

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 11:28 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 11:27 am

» 02 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Today at 11:26 am

» 04 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 11:24 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11380 registered users
The newest registered user is jlswann

Our users have posted a total of 164124 messages in 20603 subjects

03 QT Change

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 02:25 pm

BallStryker wrote:i'm not so sure I would put the daughter in the wrong here. My kid is an '03, but her birth year is '02. And she has played soccer for 4 years now at the Academy and now Select level, and she has no idea what the cutoff is for '02 or '03. The managers for the teams we have played for have always asked me her birthday - not her. And most kids when asked their birthday will tell you day and month - but not year. Go home and ask your daughter what year she was born in - you may be surprised at the U10-U11 age that they don't know. Because the parents are always filling in their birth years on forms - not the kids. And there are kids in my daughters grade at school that range from U10 to U12. All in the same grade. So the grade you are in at school is not a dead giveaway either. And most kids at that age are not smart enough or savvy enough to lie about their birth year constantly to people. My guess is the parents are behind this and the kid is an innocent bystander. In the end, it still doesn't make it right.

That was my earlier point as well, but it seems there are conflicting stories about who was in the "know" - like anyone would admit if they did know...

herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 02/08/13, 02:28 pm

If this truly was a signing day add on then I'm going to guess that the club or coach had some idea. You don't just show up on at a signing day event without ever playing and just get added to the roster unless a coach or parent is familiar with you. Maybe at a smaller ind. level club but not at one of the larger clubs.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter now. Much like the NCAA the people that committed the act get what amounts to a slap on the wrist while the team that is left behind takes the brunt of the damage. Hate it for the kids not getting to play this weekend, with or without this girl I feel fairly strongly that this team would have made it to week 2 of qualifying.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrB on 02/08/13, 02:28 pm

You don't have to know the cutoffs to know, as someone who has been playing youth soccer, whether you are an '03 or an '02.  Just sayin.

DrB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 on 02/08/13, 02:29 pm

My DD knew she was an 01 at age 4 - we would go to camps when she was little and she would let the coaches know she was an 01 - she was proud of it. I'm not sure when she learned the cut off date, but I am sure she knew it by u11.
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guru on 02/08/13, 03:00 pm

HOW DID LAKE HIGHLANDS FIND OUT ABOUT THE ILLEGAL PLAYER?
Guru
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sendit on 02/08/13, 03:06 pm

Most girls may not be able to tell you what year they were born, but they know how old they are...c'mon.

"Hey Suzy, your birthday was last month...congrats. How old are you?"
"12."

RED FLAG!!!!!
sendit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02/08/13, 03:21 pm

Guru wrote: HOW DID LAKE HIGHLANDS FIND OUT ABOUT THE ILLEGAL PLAYER?

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.....cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 03:26 pm

silentparent wrote:
Guru wrote: HOW DID LAKE HIGHLANDS FIND OUT ABOUT THE ILLEGAL PLAYER?

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.....cheers 

Hilarious!

On that same note...most likely too many others 'found' this one (or others) and the squirrels (as referenced above) realized it could not be overlooked...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 03:46 pm

herradura wrote:
BallStryker wrote:i'm not so sure I would put the daughter in the wrong here. My kid is an '03, but her birth year is '02. And she has played soccer for 4 years now at the Academy and now Select level, and she has no idea what the cutoff is for '02 or '03. The managers for the teams we have played for have always asked me her birthday - not her. And most kids when asked their birthday will tell you day and month - but not year. Go home and ask your daughter what year she was born in - you may be surprised at the U10-U11 age that they don't know. Because the parents are always filling in their birth years on forms - not the kids. And there are kids in my daughters grade at school that range from U10 to U12. All in the same grade. So the grade you are in at school is not a dead giveaway either. And most kids at that age are not smart enough or savvy enough to lie about their birth year constantly to people. My guess is the parents are behind this and the kid is an innocent bystander. In the end, it still doesn't make it right.

That was my earlier point as well, but it seems there are conflicting stories about who was in the "know" - like anyone would admit if they did know...

I still question how nobody on the team knew.
So father brings the child out to Tryouts. That means they must live close to the area or they would have gone to another team, (unless asked). No one knows the player or someone would have said she is too old (unless they already knew)Now dad must have been planning this and forged the birth certificate for NO ONE on the team to have known this before the fact. As posters have pointed out why would anybody go to this extraordinary length to play down unless asked? Dad knew it was wrong because he had to forge the birth certificate! Things just don't add up
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 04:07 pm

Exactly. Like say a really solid keeper shows up to play for you on Thursday or Saturday...then disappears the rest of the weekend.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Justlooking on 02/08/13, 05:09 pm

Mutiny keeper disappeared last weekend....

Justlooking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 05:29 pm

Justlooking wrote:Mutiny keeper disappeared last weekend....

I seriously doubt that...
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerEinstein on 02/08/13, 06:46 pm

Im a first time poster and i came across this post. And I know for a fact one of the parents knew the girl and the parent before they came to the team.

SoccerEinstein
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 on 02/08/13, 06:55 pm

DrB wrote:You don't have to know the cutoffs to know, as someone who has been playing youth soccer, whether you are an '03 or an '02.  Just sayin.

Actually, I met someone quite recently who believed his daughter to be an 02 simply because she was born in 02. He had no clue she was actually an 03 because she was born in October.

Obviously this parent knew if they forged the birth certificate.

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Kurgan on 02/08/13, 07:01 pm

We do not play for this team, but my daughter has a good friend on the Sting Sanchez team.  We talked with her mother and she told us that the offending girl was caught because they ran into a former team mate of hers.  The offending girl / parents tried claiming that the Sting Sanchez team was an 02.  The former team mates parents new it wasn't and turned them in.  According to our friend nobody else on the team knew she was an 02.  They are very upset and heart broken over this incident.  It's just a sad day when a parent not only hurt his daughter by his actions, but he also hurt the entire team.  I do feel bad for our friend on that team.

By the way this is my first post, but I decided I should answer the question on how she was caught since I know the answer.
The Kurgan
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by a123 on 02/08/13, 07:22 pm

Here are some answers to questions and uncertainties about this team-

-This player started coming to practice in mid June.
- The team was led to believe that she had only played on a rec soccer team. After an investigation it was discovered that she was registered with North Texas Soccer as an '02.
- Only a couple of girls on this team go to the same school. This team has girls from all over the Metroplex.
- Size and skill is irrelevant, she was not the biggest or most skilled girl on the team. She was not a game changer nor starter.
- A coach from a different club and who does not have an 03 team saw this girl playing in a tournament game on Saturday.   He exchanged emails with the father instead of reporting it to tournament officials. A report was filed on Monday by a parent.
- The altered birth certificate made it past the registrar. TM's are not fraud detectors.

These girls have learned some valuable life lessons from this experience. One bad seed has brought down the entire team that has worked very hard to prepare for the QT. The heartache this has caused these girls is way more than one would wish for anyone.

a123
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by a123 on 02/08/13, 07:25 pm

North Texas soccer assigned this girl a new player number instead of investigating a duplicate player in their system.

a123
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 07:32 pm

So apparently the girl is not new to North Texas Soccer. Are the coach and coaching director of this team new to soccer here in North Texas? Ask the hard questions people.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemy02soccergrl on 02/08/13, 07:33 pm

12monkeys wrote:Exactly.  Like say a really solid keeper shows up to play for you on Thursday or Saturday...then disappears the rest of the weekend.
I believe the state track meet was over the last weekend as well. I am familiar with another keeper that missed the weekend for that very reason.
lovemy02soccergrl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 07:39 pm

lovemy02soccergrl wrote:
12monkeys wrote:Exactly.  Like say a really solid keeper shows up to play for you on Thursday or Saturday...then disappears the rest of the weekend.
I believe the state track meet was over the last weekend as well.  I am familiar with another keeper that missed the weekend for that very reason.

Very valid reason you bring up. The key word however is 'dissapears'.
12monkeys
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 on 02/08/13, 07:41 pm

Other than the abusive, yelling and screaming 'coaches', parents are the biggest 'problem' in youth soccer. PERIOD. These 10 year old girls do not give a rat's rear end where they play... (unless, as is likely, the 'parents' have hammered into them just how 'important' this QT is...it really isn't 'important' at all)....they just want to PLAY.....

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bwgophers on 02/08/13, 07:42 pm

a123 wrote:These girls have learned some valuable life lessons from this experience. One bad seed has brought down the entire team that has worked very hard to prepare for the QT. The heartache this has caused these girls is way more than one would wish for anyone.

Herein lies the key to this experience. How the parents and coach handle this going forward can be a more valuable lesson to the DD's then they ones they recently learned.

Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by a123 on 02/08/13, 07:44 pm

12monkeys wrote:So apparently the girl is not new to North Texas Soccer. Are the coach and coaching director of this team new to soccer here in North Texas? Ask the hard questions people.

The hard question is should a soccer coach know every single 11 year old player in North Texas?

a123
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 on 02/08/13, 08:01 pm

pro16 wrote:League registrars. They verify and sign off.

I have to agree with pro16.  After thinking it through... I wonder how many coaches even see or touch the paperwork?  Team managers simply ask for it at signing...make sure they have each piece needed and give it to their home association.  They certainly aren't trained to look for a "falsified" birth certificate.  It is given the registrar.  They look at each document and do a search for the player in gotsoccer?  (I'm not certain but I think that is where they find the info?)

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 02/08/13, 08:07 pm

I wonder if the other girls who are suffering for this can take advantage of the player pass rule and possibly go to other Sting teams. Sting could take the cream of the crop on that team and place the less talented girls on the Sanchez team making them play PPL. Just a thought.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 08:08 pm

a123 wrote:
12monkeys wrote:So apparently the girl is not new to North Texas Soccer. Are the coach and coaching director of this team new to soccer here in North Texas? Ask the hard questions people.

The hard question is should a soccer coach know every single 11 year old player in North Texas?

Valid point.  I know where I stand at this level as far as my answer.  Interesting to see what others might think.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum