2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» This board Sucks!
by KeeperCommander Today at 11:04 am

» 08 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 10:40 am

» 08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 10:39 am

» 07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 10:38 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup - Nov 10-12
by U90C Today at 10:37 am

» 06 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Today at 10:34 am

» Are you still looking for that right team for your daughter?
by dvdfdx1 Today at 10:33 am

» 07 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Today at 10:32 am

» 07 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Today at 10:31 am

» Term Team is Dead!
by Medicine Man Today at 10:27 am

» Still looking for the best fit for your 08 daughter?
by dvdfdx1 Today at 10:26 am

» TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - November 10-12, 2017
by U90C Today at 10:11 am

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Today at 10:03 am

» Will ODP Survive?
by Medicine Man Today at 07:58 am

» ODP and DA to merge?
by Medicine Man Today at 04:22 am

» Solar 12G Flower Mound - Forming new team
by SolarWest Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Solar 07 Flower Mound - New team forming
by SolarWest Yesterday at 11:05 pm

» ECNL - How does dual roster work?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:59 pm

» FBR09 Rankings October 17th, 2017
by GRANITZA12 Yesterday at 08:44 pm

» Question for the seasoned parents
by bwgophers Yesterday at 08:13 pm

» Why is there not an 07 section in Select category?
by soccertard Yesterday at 07:50 pm

» U-14G US Soccer DA Standings as of October 16th, 2017
by FriscoSoccer2004 Yesterday at 06:05 pm

» Liverpool 08/09G Gerrard looking for players
by soccerfan00G Yesterday at 04:13 pm

» Liverpool 08G/09G Gerrard
by soccerfan00G Yesterday at 04:10 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - The ROCK - Austin, TX - Nov 10-12
by U90C Yesterday at 03:39 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11381 registered users
The newest registered user is 08G16Gdtmom

Our users have posted a total of 164145 messages in 20606 subjects

03 QT Change

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 10:54 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:How do we really know she's a minor??? Smile

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...

herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 on 02/08/13, 10:58 am

herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:

Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...
Take it easy herradura...  

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her. "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 11:01 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her, "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was? Probably never and if they did you probably answered for her,,,
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 on 02/08/13, 11:03 am

herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her, "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was and you did not answer for her?
I don't know, I'm not always standing next to her to answer questions on her behalf. And that's my point. They had to give her at least a little coaching on it just in case. Even if she didn't understand why.
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides on 02/08/13, 11:05 am

Exactly my daughter knows her birthday and she is an 03 and when the cutoff is.

Offsides
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TripDDs on 02/08/13, 11:07 am

herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was? Probably never and if they did you probably answered for her,,,

I completely disagree, the player knew and at least one other party on the team did as well (who do you think invited them?) I bet the team as a whole were in the dark, but as much time as the girls spend together on a competitive team - it wasn't all that secretive. I believe the only way it gets caught, is if someone outside their group knew and made a stink.
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 11:07 am

Beat answer I ever heard at a match..."My mom told me not to talk to strangers..."

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bwgophers on 02/08/13, 11:11 am

Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04? At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 11:12 am

TripDDs wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:

I completely disagree, the player knew and at least one other party on the team did as well (who do you think invited them?)  I bet the team as a whole were in the dark, but as much time as the girls spend together on a competitive team - it wasn't all that secretive.  I believe the only way it gets caught, is if someone outside their group knew and made a stink.  

In that case, I digress.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides on 02/08/13, 11:12 am

Anyone know if she was new to the team for QT or been around for a while? Would suck if it was a new player just before QT. We have played them before and they were a good team. I feel bad that all of the players . parents have to pay the price.

Offsides
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The grass is greener on 02/08/13, 12:19 pm

Yes- she was brand new. Joined the team at signing in July.

The grass is greener
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by The grass is greener on 02/08/13, 01:09 pm

bwgophers wrote:Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04?  At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this. No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility. It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

The grass is greener
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 01:10 pm

The grass is greener wrote:Yes- she was brand new.  Joined the team at signing in July.

I'm sorry but maybe its just me that makes it even more suspicious. Suddenly a new player that no ones knows shows up at tryouts. My questions would be "who did you play for and why did you leave?" I would then check out the story. I'm guessing its more like "we need more players bring players you know, than a random girl shows up at an 03 practice when they know they are the wrong age, doesnt make sense. All coaches should be wary of anyone who shows up on July 1st and no one knows who they are.
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 on 02/08/13, 01:16 pm

Triumph FC wrote:
The grass is greener wrote:Yes- she was brand new.  Joined the team at signing in July.

I'm sorry but maybe its just me that makes it even more suspicious. Suddenly a new player that no ones knows shows up at tryouts. My questions would be "who did you play for and why did you leave?" I would then check out the story. I'm guessing its more like "we need more players bring players you know, than a random girl shows up at an 03 practice when they know they are the wrong age, doesnt make sense. All coaches should be wary of anyone who shows up on July 1st and no one knows who they are.
I'll acknowledge that one of the first questions I ask a new player is, "What's your birthdate?" I ask it because I know the fiscal year for soccer can confuse people. I ask because if they're too old to play on that team I can help them find the right team for them. The last thing I want is to add a player and, after 3 months of invested time and effort, learn that she's too old to play for me.

Now if the dad lied and had a convincing forged document to support what he said, well there's not much a coach can do about that.
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 01:23 pm

The grass is greener wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04?  At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this.  No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility.  It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

SOMEBODY knew whether or your team or not otherwise the player wouldn't have got caught. SOMEONE alerted LH's and I'm still shocked no one did any duedilligence I'm sorry is crazy. She's obviously bigger and more co-ordinated and nobody thought about asking questions?
Its all very easy for us to judge after the fact but if nobody asks questions then it can happen again but dont say no one knew! No one wanted to know more like
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 on 02/08/13, 01:30 pm

The beard gave her away

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove on 02/08/13, 01:37 pm

Triumph FC wrote:

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this.  No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility.  It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

SOMEBODY knew whether or your team or not otherwise the player wouldn't have got caught. SOMEONE alerted LH's and I'm still shocked no one did any duedilligence I'm sorry is crazy. She's obviously bigger and more co-ordinated and nobody thought about asking questions?
Its all very easy for us to judge after the fact but if nobody asks questions then it can happen again but dont say no one knew! No one wanted to know more like

Being an 02 does not necessarily make her bigger or more coordinated. The difference between an 01 and an 02 can be a matter of days.
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 02/08/13, 01:39 pm

I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

I also find it odd that no one other than the dad had any knowledge of this. Whenever I take my daughter to a new practice, I am ALWAYS asked the teams that she has played for, why we left, what we did/did not like about the coach, other players she has played with and more. Also, girls talk to each other about their birthdays and are sometimes asked directly by the manager.

One reason the situation might have been caught could also have been from a disgruntled parent who's daughter was made to sit due to this other girl. That parent might not have realized what the repercussions might have been. That, and possibly the fact that someone not on the team might have known her and said something, seem to be the most plausible reasons to me. Heck, Herradura seems to know more about my team than I do at times! At least she still hasn't figured out who my daughter is. LOL!

Like Triumph, I really can't wrap my head around this being a one man job.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccerdad on 02/08/13, 01:40 pm

Why would you want your DD to play down a year??? There are plenty of questions when making the decision to play up...there are zero questions playing down - it is not allowed. The father knew better. Someone should have asked about the last team/club or birthday or half a dozen other simple questions to figure out age group.

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 01:41 pm

futbollove wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:

Being an 02 does not necessarily make her bigger or more coordinated. The difference between an 01 and an 02 can be a matter of days.

But she must have been better than they had or they needed her to make up numbers, it's one or the other.
If she is better why is no one asking how come this gem just dropped in our lap!
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccerdad on 02/08/13, 01:46 pm

Better doesn't make sense - why play down a year. Making numbers makes sense, but why play down - not good enough to make 02 LH team so play 03?

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 01:52 pm

Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

I also find it odd that no one other than the dad had any knowledge of this. Whenever I take my daughter to a new practice, I am ALWAYS asked the teams that she has played for, why we left, what we did/did not like about the coach, other players she has played with and more. Also, girls talk to each other about their birthdays and are sometimes asked directly by the manager.

One reason the situation might have been caught could also have been from a disgruntled parent who's daughter was made to sit due to this other girl. That parent might not have realized what the repercussions might have been. That, and possibly the fact that someone not on the team might have known her and said something, seem to be the most plausible reasons to me. Heck, Herradura seems to know more about my team than I do at times! At least she still hasn't figured out who my daughter is. LOL!

Oh come on coach, give me a little credit. Our team has not played against your daughter recently, but I do know she is one to try and shut down up top!  affraid Hmmmm, what is her birthday??? Very Happy
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 02/08/13, 01:55 pm

herradura wrote:
Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

Oh come on coach, give me a little credit. Our team has never played against your daughter that I know of, but I do know she is the one to try shut down!  affraid Hmmmm, what is her birthday??? Very Happy 

SEE??!?! How in the heck would you know that!?! Her birthday is in Feb of '03, I promise! I willing to bet that, if challenged, you could even find out and tell me her number! LOL!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 02:12 pm

Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:
herradura wrote:

Oh come on coach, give me a little credit. Our team has never played against your daughter that I know of, but I do know she is the one to try shut down!  affraid Hmmmm, what is her birthday??? Very Happy 

SEE??!?! How in the heck would you know that!?! Her birthday is in Feb of '03, I promise! I willing to bet that, if challenged, you could even find out and tell me her number! LOL!

hmmm, I would guess 10, or something random like 34 Laughing 

The internet is a wonderful thing...
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BallStryker on 02/08/13, 02:21 pm

i'm not so sure I would put the daughter in the wrong here. My kid is an '03, but her birth year is '02. And she has played soccer for 4 years now at the Academy and now Select level, and she has no idea what the cutoff is for '02 or '03. The managers for the teams we have played for have always asked me her birthday - not her. And most kids when asked their birthday will tell you day and month - but not year. Go home and ask your daughter what year she was born in - you may be surprised at the U10-U11 age that they don't know. Because the parents are always filling in their birth years on forms - not the kids. And there are kids in my daughters grade at school that range from U10 to U12. All in the same grade. So the grade you are in at school is not a dead giveaway either. And most kids at that age are not smart enough or savvy enough to lie about their birth year constantly to people. My guess is the parents are behind this and the kid is an innocent bystander. In the end, it still doesn't make it right.

BallStryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 02:25 pm

BallStryker wrote:i'm not so sure I would put the daughter in the wrong here. My kid is an '03, but her birth year is '02. And she has played soccer for 4 years now at the Academy and now Select level, and she has no idea what the cutoff is for '02 or '03. The managers for the teams we have played for have always asked me her birthday - not her. And most kids when asked their birthday will tell you day and month - but not year. Go home and ask your daughter what year she was born in - you may be surprised at the U10-U11 age that they don't know. Because the parents are always filling in their birth years on forms - not the kids. And there are kids in my daughters grade at school that range from U10 to U12. All in the same grade. So the grade you are in at school is not a dead giveaway either. And most kids at that age are not smart enough or savvy enough to lie about their birth year constantly to people. My guess is the parents are behind this and the kid is an innocent bystander. In the end, it still doesn't make it right.

That was my earlier point as well, but it seems there are conflicting stories about who was in the "know" - like anyone would admit if they did know...
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum