2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Yesterday at 06:39 pm

» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Yesterday at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Yesterday at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C 09/12/17, 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory 09/12/17, 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166036 messages in 20897 subjects

03 QT Change

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 10:54 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:How do we really know she's a minor??? Smile

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...

herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by bigtex75081 on 02/08/13, 10:58 am

herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:How do we really know she's a minor??? Smile

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...
Take it easy herradura...  

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her. "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 2816
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 40
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 11:01 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:How do we really know she's a minor??? Smile

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...
Take it easy herradura...  

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her, "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was? Probably never and if they did you probably answered for her,,,
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2515
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by bigtex75081 on 02/08/13, 11:03 am

herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:How do we really know she's a minor??? Smile

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...
Take it easy herradura...  

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her, "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was and you did not answer for her?
I don't know, I'm not always standing next to her to answer questions on her behalf. And that's my point. They had to give her at least a little coaching on it just in case. Even if she didn't understand why.
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 2816
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 40
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Offsides on 02/08/13, 11:05 am

Exactly my daughter knows her birthday and she is an 03 and when the cutoff is.

Offsides
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 69
Points : 1982
Join date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by TripDDs on 02/08/13, 11:07 am

herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:How do we really know she's a minor??? Smile

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...
Take it easy herradura...  

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her, "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was? Probably never and if they did you probably answered for her,,,

I completely disagree, the player knew and at least one other party on the team did as well (who do you think invited them?) I bet the team as a whole were in the dark, but as much time as the girls spend together on a competitive team - it wasn't all that secretive. I believe the only way it gets caught, is if someone outside their group knew and made a stink.
avatar
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 99
Points : 1810
Join date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by 12monkeys on 02/08/13, 11:07 am

Beat answer I ever heard at a match..."My mom told me not to talk to strangers..."

__________________________________________________
"12monkeys has no friends yet"
avatar
12monkeys
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 57
Points : 2678
Join date : 2010-10-11
Location : peering suspiciously through the bars...

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Guest on 02/08/13, 11:11 am

Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04? At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 11:12 am

TripDDs wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
herradura wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:

On her driver's license is she facing forward or to the side?
Which license are you asking about?  Her real one or the one she uses to buy beer with?

and to make fun of this little girl and what she is going through is even more sad - get a grip people...
Take it easy herradura...  

If you don't think this girl knew, at least on some level, then you're nuts.  Even if her parents are the ones who did it they still had to coach her, "Ok Suzy.  If anybody asks, your birthday is August 1st of 2002.  It isn't in April.  This is very important.  Can you remember that?  Nobody is going to ask but just in case."

I doubt seriously it was a conspiracy including the player. When was the last time someone asked your daughter when her birth year was? Probably never and if they did you probably answered for her,,,

I completely disagree, the player knew and at least one other party on the team did as well (who do you think invited them?)  I bet the team as a whole were in the dark, but as much time as the girls spend together on a competitive team - it wasn't all that secretive.  I believe the only way it gets caught, is if someone outside their group knew and made a stink.  

In that case, I digress.
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2515
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Offsides on 02/08/13, 11:12 am

Anyone know if she was new to the team for QT or been around for a while? Would suck if it was a new player just before QT. We have played them before and they were a good team. I feel bad that all of the players . parents have to pay the price.

Offsides
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 69
Points : 1982
Join date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by The grass is greener on 02/08/13, 12:19 pm

Yes- she was brand new. Joined the team at signing in July.

The grass is greener
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 1595
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by The grass is greener on 02/08/13, 01:09 pm

bwgophers wrote:Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04?  At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this. No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility. It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

The grass is greener
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 1595
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 01:10 pm

The grass is greener wrote:Yes- she was brand new.  Joined the team at signing in July.

I'm sorry but maybe its just me that makes it even more suspicious. Suddenly a new player that no ones knows shows up at tryouts. My questions would be "who did you play for and why did you leave?" I would then check out the story. I'm guessing its more like "we need more players bring players you know, than a random girl shows up at an 03 practice when they know they are the wrong age, doesnt make sense. All coaches should be wary of anyone who shows up on July 1st and no one knows who they are.
avatar
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1428
Points : 4426
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by bigtex75081 on 02/08/13, 01:16 pm

Triumph FC wrote:
The grass is greener wrote:Yes- she was brand new.  Joined the team at signing in July.

I'm sorry but maybe its just me that makes it even more suspicious. Suddenly a new player that no ones knows shows up at tryouts. My questions would be "who did you play for and why did you leave?" I would then check out the story. I'm guessing its more like "we need more players bring players you know, than a random girl shows up at an 03 practice when they know they are the wrong age, doesnt make sense. All coaches should be wary of anyone who shows up on July 1st and no one knows who they are.
I'll acknowledge that one of the first questions I ask a new player is, "What's your birthdate?" I ask it because I know the fiscal year for soccer can confuse people. I ask because if they're too old to play on that team I can help them find the right team for them. The last thing I want is to add a player and, after 3 months of invested time and effort, learn that she's too old to play for me.

Now if the dad lied and had a convincing forged document to support what he said, well there's not much a coach can do about that.
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 582
Points : 2816
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 40
Location : I'm right behind you.

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 01:23 pm

The grass is greener wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04?  At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this.  No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility.  It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

SOMEBODY knew whether or your team or not otherwise the player wouldn't have got caught. SOMEONE alerted LH's and I'm still shocked no one did any duedilligence I'm sorry is crazy. She's obviously bigger and more co-ordinated and nobody thought about asking questions?
Its all very easy for us to judge after the fact but if nobody asks questions then it can happen again but dont say no one knew! No one wanted to know more like
avatar
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1428
Points : 4426
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by ddub68 on 02/08/13, 01:30 pm

The beard gave her away

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 1785
Join date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by futbollove on 02/08/13, 01:37 pm

Triumph FC wrote:
The grass is greener wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04?  At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this.  No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility.  It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

SOMEBODY knew whether or your team or not otherwise the player wouldn't have got caught. SOMEONE alerted LH's and I'm still shocked no one did any duedilligence I'm sorry is crazy. She's obviously bigger and more co-ordinated and nobody thought about asking questions?
Its all very easy for us to judge after the fact but if nobody asks questions then it can happen again but dont say no one knew! No one wanted to know more like

Being an 02 does not necessarily make her bigger or more coordinated. The difference between an 01 and an 02 can be a matter of days.
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 3014
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Coach&Ref on 02/08/13, 01:39 pm

I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

I also find it odd that no one other than the dad had any knowledge of this. Whenever I take my daughter to a new practice, I am ALWAYS asked the teams that she has played for, why we left, what we did/did not like about the coach, other players she has played with and more. Also, girls talk to each other about their birthdays and are sometimes asked directly by the manager.

One reason the situation might have been caught could also have been from a disgruntled parent who's daughter was made to sit due to this other girl. That parent might not have realized what the repercussions might have been. That, and possibly the fact that someone not on the team might have known her and said something, seem to be the most plausible reasons to me. Heck, Herradura seems to know more about my team than I do at times! At least she still hasn't figured out who my daughter is. LOL!

Like Triumph, I really can't wrap my head around this being a one man job.

__________________________________________________
Kids are THINKING players on the pitch, not video game characters to be moved around with a joystick by coaches.
avatar
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 2576
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : Swabbing decks aboard the Black Pearl

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by 03soccerdad on 02/08/13, 01:40 pm

Why would you want your DD to play down a year??? There are plenty of questions when making the decision to play up...there are zero questions playing down - it is not allowed. The father knew better. Someone should have asked about the last team/club or birthday or half a dozen other simple questions to figure out age group.

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1707
Join date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Triumph FC on 02/08/13, 01:41 pm

futbollove wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:
The grass is greener wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Anyone know if the girl in question was an '02 or an '04?  At U11, it could be a problem either direction on the age?

She is an 02, no idea why someone would do this.  No one on the team knew- dad has claimed full responsibility.  It is a very unfortunate situation for the other 15 girls.

SOMEBODY knew whether or your team or not otherwise the player wouldn't have got caught. SOMEONE alerted LH's and I'm still shocked no one did any duedilligence I'm sorry is crazy. She's obviously bigger and more co-ordinated and nobody thought about asking questions?

Its all very easy for us to judge after the fact but if nobody asks questions then it can happen again but dont say no one knew! No one wanted to know more like

Being an 02 does not necessarily make her bigger or more coordinated. The difference between an 01 and an 02 can be a matter of days.

But she must have been better than they had or they needed her to make up numbers, it's one or the other.
If she is better why is no one asking how come this gem just dropped in our lap!
avatar
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1428
Points : 4426
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by 03soccerdad on 02/08/13, 01:46 pm

Better doesn't make sense - why play down a year. Making numbers makes sense, but why play down - not good enough to make 02 LH team so play 03?

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1707
Join date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 01:52 pm

Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

I also find it odd that no one other than the dad had any knowledge of this. Whenever I take my daughter to a new practice, I am ALWAYS asked the teams that she has played for, why we left, what we did/did not like about the coach, other players she has played with and more. Also, girls talk to each other about their birthdays and are sometimes asked directly by the manager.

One reason the situation might have been caught could also have been from a disgruntled parent who's daughter was made to sit due to this other girl. That parent might not have realized what the repercussions might have been. That, and possibly the fact that someone not on the team might have known her and said something, seem to be the most plausible reasons to me. Heck, Herradura seems to know more about my team than I do at times! At least she still hasn't figured out who my daughter is. LOL!

Like Triumph, I really can't wrap my head around this being a one man job.

Oh come on coach, give me a little credit. Our team has not played against your daughter recently, but I do know she is one to try and shut down up top!  affraid Hmmmm, what is her birthday??? Very Happy
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2515
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by Coach&Ref on 02/08/13, 01:55 pm

herradura wrote:
Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

I also find it odd that no one other than the dad had any knowledge of this. Whenever I take my daughter to a new practice, I am ALWAYS asked the teams that she has played for, why we left, what we did/did not like about the coach, other players she has played with and more. Also, girls talk to each other about their birthdays and are sometimes asked directly by the manager.

One reason the situation might have been caught could also have been from a disgruntled parent who's daughter was made to sit due to this other girl. That parent might not have realized what the repercussions might have been. That, and possibly the fact that someone not on the team might have known her and said something, seem to be the most plausible reasons to me. Heck, Herradura seems to know more about my team than I do at times! At least she still hasn't figured out who my daughter is. LOL!

Like Triumph, I really can't wrap my head around this being a one man job.

Oh come on coach, give me a little credit. Our team has never played against your daughter that I know of, but I do know she is the one to try shut down!  affraid Hmmmm, what is her birthday??? Very Happy 

SEE??!?! How in the heck would you know that!?! Her birthday is in Feb of '03, I promise! I willing to bet that, if challenged, you could even find out and tell me her number! LOL!

__________________________________________________
Kids are THINKING players on the pitch, not video game characters to be moved around with a joystick by coaches.
avatar
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 2576
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : Swabbing decks aboard the Black Pearl

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 02:12 pm

Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:
herradura wrote:
Coach&God-like authority figure wrote:I don't have anything in this other than to feel sad for the other girls that had to suffer, but I agree with some of the stuff said here.

I also find it odd that no one other than the dad had any knowledge of this. Whenever I take my daughter to a new practice, I am ALWAYS asked the teams that she has played for, why we left, what we did/did not like about the coach, other players she has played with and more. Also, girls talk to each other about their birthdays and are sometimes asked directly by the manager.

One reason the situation might have been caught could also have been from a disgruntled parent who's daughter was made to sit due to this other girl. That parent might not have realized what the repercussions might have been. That, and possibly the fact that someone not on the team might have known her and said something, seem to be the most plausible reasons to me. Heck, Herradura seems to know more about my team than I do at times! At least she still hasn't figured out who my daughter is. LOL!

Like Triumph, I really can't wrap my head around this being a one man job.

Oh come on coach, give me a little credit. Our team has never played against your daughter that I know of, but I do know she is the one to try shut down!  affraid Hmmmm, what is her birthday??? Very Happy 

SEE??!?! How in the heck would you know that!?! Her birthday is in Feb of '03, I promise! I willing to bet that, if challenged, you could even find out and tell me her number! LOL!

hmmm, I would guess 10, or something random like 34 Laughing 

The internet is a wonderful thing...
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2515
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by BallStryker on 02/08/13, 02:21 pm

i'm not so sure I would put the daughter in the wrong here. My kid is an '03, but her birth year is '02. And she has played soccer for 4 years now at the Academy and now Select level, and she has no idea what the cutoff is for '02 or '03. The managers for the teams we have played for have always asked me her birthday - not her. And most kids when asked their birthday will tell you day and month - but not year. Go home and ask your daughter what year she was born in - you may be surprised at the U10-U11 age that they don't know. Because the parents are always filling in their birth years on forms - not the kids. And there are kids in my daughters grade at school that range from U10 to U12. All in the same grade. So the grade you are in at school is not a dead giveaway either. And most kids at that age are not smart enough or savvy enough to lie about their birth year constantly to people. My guess is the parents are behind this and the kid is an innocent bystander. In the end, it still doesn't make it right.

BallStryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 1652
Join date : 2013-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 QT Change

Post by herradura on 02/08/13, 02:25 pm

BallStryker wrote:i'm not so sure I would put the daughter in the wrong here. My kid is an '03, but her birth year is '02. And she has played soccer for 4 years now at the Academy and now Select level, and she has no idea what the cutoff is for '02 or '03. The managers for the teams we have played for have always asked me her birthday - not her. And most kids when asked their birthday will tell you day and month - but not year. Go home and ask your daughter what year she was born in - you may be surprised at the U10-U11 age that they don't know. Because the parents are always filling in their birth years on forms - not the kids. And there are kids in my daughters grade at school that range from U10 to U12. All in the same grade. So the grade you are in at school is not a dead giveaway either. And most kids at that age are not smart enough or savvy enough to lie about their birth year constantly to people. My guess is the parents are behind this and the kid is an innocent bystander. In the end, it still doesn't make it right.

That was my earlier point as well, but it seems there are conflicting stories about who was in the "know" - like anyone would admit if they did know...
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2515
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum