» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx Yesterday at 02:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 01:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK Yesterday at 12:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/08/17, 10:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/08/17, 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 12:15 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander 18/08/17, 10:28 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/08/17, 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G 18/08/17, 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar 18/08/17, 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 18/08/17, 08:20 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa 17/08/17, 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal 17/08/17, 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 17/08/17, 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 17/08/17, 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 17/08/17, 12:19 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11289 registered users
The newest registered user is sleighphillips

Our users have posted a total of 161576 messages in 20308 subjects

A different perspective of Goodman/Cosmos Collision

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A different perspective of Goodman/Cosmos Collision

Post by Guest on 05/08/13, 04:57 pm

I don't necessarily think these tactics are being taught. The pressure of Qualifying Tournaments, LHGCL Divisions, and State Cups just brings out the best in players, coaches, and Parents. Clubs hate each other, teams dislike each other, and parents disliking one another is a recipe for wars being waged on the pitch not soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by sendit on 05/08/13, 05:08 pm

Frankly I applaud the forum efforts of sheading light to this nonsense of out of control play. Should be embarassing for any club that cannot/will not coach this OUT of these girls rather than let the refs determine what the line is.
sendit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 05/08/13, 05:44 pm

My daughter happens to be one that likes to dribble and use a lot of footskills. This usually gets her kicked, heels clipped and knocked down every game. There isn't a game that she plays in that she doesn't come away with at least a bruise afterwards. Against teams that don't play like thugs, she tries her best to stay on her feet and let the ruf play advantage most of the time. Against teams that are filled with thugs, they identify her and seemingly intentionally try to get in her head by wiping her out with a few overly aggressive challenges. In the past it worked. She would shut down and look to lay the ball off rather than be on it. I think this is how other girls playing against teams like this must feel as well. Now I tell her that if she plays a team full of thugs, to just go down when touched. As soon as the thugs realize that they are giving up pks and free kicks, they tend to back off and the game can be played as it should.

It sucks that it has to come down to that, but building a team that lacks skills and wins through, intimidation is such a waste.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy1 on 05/08/13, 06:38 pm

I was not at this game.. These girls are ten years old and have been working so hard! Everyone has! Girls, coaches and parents. It is time to set this aside and move forward!!! It would be embarrassing to me if my child witnessed such petty behavior on this board... Think about what we are trying to teach them as parents. This is not what I would choose. Life will not always be perfect. Teach them how to deal with that in a positive way... Enough bashing and blaming...

Legacy1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05/08/13, 06:42 pm

Legacy1 wrote:I was not at this game.. These girls are ten years old and have been working so hard! Everyone has! Girls, coaches and parents. It is time to set this aside and move forward!!! It would be embarrassing to me if my child witnessed such petty behavior on this board... Think about what we are trying to teach them as parents. This is not what I would choose. Life will not always be perfect. Teach them how to deal with that in a positive way... Enough bashing and blaming...

Come back when your daughter has been knocked to the ground by these types of plays, and then we will talk....

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy1 on 05/08/13, 06:53 pm

My daughter has been. It's the way it goes. She can learn from that. It's going to happen. Again, that's life... The real world has many bumps and bruises life has to offer as well.. There are no ten yr old children trying to maliciously harm another out there.... I am just saying look at who you all are attacking... A child...

Legacy1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 05/08/13, 07:05 pm

SP, I don't think the non 03 parents completely understand the uniqueness of this situation
The parents of the older girls want to tell you how rough it's going to be down the road...I get that.
But this is an issue that many are concerned about...and unless you've seen it firsthand
It's easy to be naive to the situation....if I wasn't an 03 parent, and hadnt seen it time and time again,   I'd probably dismiss it too.

And legacy, I believe they are "attacking" a coach and a club that allows it to continue...not the child
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05/08/13, 07:13 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:SP, I don't think the non 03 parents completely understand the uniqueness of this situation
The parents of the older girls want to tell you how rough it's going to be down the road...I get that.
But this is an issue that many are concerned about...and unless you've seen it firsthand
It's easy to be naive to the situation....if I wasn't an 03 parent, and hadnt seen it time and time again,   I'd probably dismiss it too.

And legacy, I believe they are "attacking" a coach and a club that allows it to continue...not the child

Ask the 01 parents if this is just unique to the 03 division. This it not a unique situation and happens in almost every age division.

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport on 05/08/13, 07:17 pm

Coach&ruf wrote:My daughter happens to be one that likes to dribble and use a lot of footskills. This usually gets her kicked, heels clipped and knocked down every game. There isn't a game that she plays in that she doesn't come away with at least a bruise afterwards. Against teams that don't play like thugs, she tries her best to stay on her feet and let the ruf play advantage most of the time. Against teams that are filled with thugs, they identify her and seemingly intentionally try to get in her head by wiping her out with a few overly aggressive challenges. In the past it worked. She would shut down and look to lay the ball off rather than be on it. I think this is how other girls playing against teams like this must feel as well. Now I tell her that if she plays a team full of thugs, to just go down when touched. As soon as the thugs realize that they are giving up pks and free kicks, they tend to back off and the game can be played as it should.

It sucks that it has to come down to that, but building a team that lacks skills and wins through, intimidation is such a waste.

Lame, lame, lame. I don't get it. You're encouraging your daughter - and presumably players you coach - that hard fouls by the other team are bad but fouling by simulation (diving) is okay. How does the player decide at a moment's notice whether she is being hit by a thug or just encountering physical play? Or do you tell your players in advance that it is "a team full of thugs" and to do what you say? And what happens when the ruf catches on rather quickly that your players are diving and decides not to call any fouls in your team's favor? Haven't you then made things worse for the girls that you should be protecting?

Some of my smallest players are the toughest on the team. I've seen girls that give up 12 inches in height put bigger players on their butts. They tend to be very proud of their ability to play against larger opponents. It would be a disservice to them for me to teach them not to try to compete when flopping is so much easier.
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 05/08/13, 07:23 pm

JustaSport wrote:
Coach&ruf wrote:My daughter happens to be one that likes to dribble and use a lot of footskills. This usually gets her kicked, heels clipped and knocked down every game. There isn't a game that she plays in that she doesn't come away with at least a bruise afterwards. Against teams that don't play like thugs, she tries her best to stay on her feet and let the ruf play advantage most of the time. Against teams that are filled with thugs, they identify her and seemingly intentionally try to get in her head by wiping her out with a few overly aggressive challenges. In the past it worked. She would shut down and look to lay the ball off rather than be on it. I think this is how other girls playing against teams like this must feel as well. Now I tell her that if she plays a team full of thugs, to just go down when touched. As soon as the thugs realize that they are giving up pks and free kicks, they tend to back off and the game can be played as it should.

Lame, lame, lame.  I don't get it.  You're encouraging your daughter - and presumably players you coach - that hard fouls by the other team are bad but fouling by simulation (diving) is okay.  How does the player decide at a moment's notice whether she is being hit by a thug or just encountering physical play?  Or do you tell your players in advance that it is "a team full of thugs" and to do what you say?  And what happens when the ruf catches on rather quickly that your players are diving and decides not to call any fouls in your team's favor?  Haven't you then made things worse for the girls that you should be protecting?

Some of my smallest players are the toughest on the team.  I've seen girls that give up 12 inches in height put bigger players on their butts.  They tend to be very proud of their ability to play against larger opponents.  It would be a disservice to them for me to teach them not to try to compete when flopping is so much easier.

Ahh, you are taking what I said out of context. I'm not encouraging simulation which is indicated by there being no contact with the intention of drawing a foul. What I am saying is that when encountering a team that intentionally goes out to take out the best players, then instead of trying to fight through those tackles which could lead to more injury, to just go down with the contact. Sometimes it gets those overly aggressive girls to back off and use skill rather than physicality.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport on 05/08/13, 07:23 pm

BUNDESLIGA wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:SP, I don't think the non 03 parents completely understand the uniqueness of this situation

Ask the 01 parents if this is just unique to the 03 division. This it not a unique situation and happens in almost every age division.

Bundesliga is correct. There was an 01 whom was regularly accused of playing dirty. Most of it was simply that she was much, much taller and more maturely built than her counterparts. The advantage dissipated as the opponents got older. And players also learned how to successfully take her on.
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 05/08/13, 07:24 pm

BUNDESLIGA wrote:

I'm pretty familiar with the 00s and 01s
And we'll just agree to disagree on the uniqueness of this situation.
Like someone said earlier....this is not getting anywhere.
Those concerned can express that with their league/division Commishioner and lets move on.
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic on 05/08/13, 07:29 pm

Legacy1 wrote:There are no ten yr old children trying to maliciously harm another out there.......

I haven't watched the 03's being discussed, but no doubt there ARE 10 year olds and girls of all ages who look for opportunities to put other players on the ground by tripping, pushing, charging, late tackles, whatever it takes.  It doesn't matter whether this is "malicious" or not- the goal, and the result, is putting an opponent on the ground. Sometimes it is hard to see in real time, but watching video of a game usually will reveal if this is happening- and when it happens, it tends to be multiple players on a team, which suggests to me that some coaches don't teach the players not to do this.  An important part of coaching should be to point out when your players engage in dangerous play or unsporting play and explain that it's not acceptable, and to provide instruction on how to play physically in an appropriate manner.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport on 05/08/13, 07:43 pm

Coach&ruf wrote:
JustaSport wrote:

Lame, lame, lame.  I don't get it.  You're encouraging your daughter - and presumably players you coach - that hard fouls by the other team are bad but fouling by simulation (diving) is okay.  How does the player decide at a moment's notice whether she is being hit by a thug or just encountering physical play?  Or do you tell your players in advance that it is "a team full of thugs" and to do what you say?  And what happens when the ruf catches on rather quickly that your players are diving and decides not to call any fouls in your team's favor?  Haven't you then made things worse for the girls that you should be protecting?

Some of my smallest players are the toughest on the team.  I've seen girls that give up 12 inches in height put bigger players on their butts.  They tend to be very proud of their ability to play against larger opponents.  It would be a disservice to them for me to teach them not to try to compete when flopping is so much easier.

Ahh, you are taking what I said out of context. I'm not encouraging simulation which is indicated by there being no contact with the intention of drawing a foul. What I am saying is that when encountering a team that intentionally goes out to take out the best players, then instead of trying to fight through those tackles which could lead to more injury, to just go down with the contact. Sometimes it gets those overly aggressive girls to back off and use skill rather than physicality.

By FIFA's definition, simulation has nothing to do with whether or not contact actually occurred:

"A player who attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled is guilty of simulation.
Disciplinary sanctions
Caution for unsporting behaviour.
Restart of play
Indirect free kick where it occurred.

Directive
 If blatant simulation, caution
 If minimal contact, consider cautioning player"

JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 on 05/08/13, 07:44 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:

I'm pretty familiar with the 00s and 01s
And we'll just agree to disagree on the uniqueness of this situation.
Like someone said earlier....this is not getting anywhere.
Those concerned can express that with their league/division Commishioner and lets move on.

You obviously aren't that familiar with the 01s if you think your situation is unique. Also, am I safe to assume the 03s have NOT seen the LHGCL video yet?
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matador on 05/08/13, 09:28 pm

Let's add a little humor to the thread (and, maybe, close it out). Great stuff here:

TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by survivor01 on 05/08/13, 09:47 pm

matador wrote:Let's add a little humor to the thread (and, maybe, close it out). Great stuff here:

cheers cheers cheers
survivor01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch on 05/08/13, 10:11 pm

Very funny. Except at 1:17, a little too close to home.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bwgophers on 06/08/13, 08:41 am

FastPitch wrote:Very funny.  Except at 1:17, a little too close to home.

I was wondering how the highlight from the Sting/Cosmos game got in there at 1:17...affraid 

(Lord, I apologize for that and bless the starvin' Pygmies in New Guinea...)

BTW... I'm still trying to figure out which is funnier, the whole premise of the video, or just how dead-on Sudekis nailed the composite impersonation of an SEC Head Football coach...

Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 on 06/08/13, 08:50 am

I liked the clip at 1:45 about passing back.
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove on 06/08/13, 10:23 am

"Ties and no playoffs? Why do you even do this? "
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod on 07/08/13, 11:09 am

This is the Sting way these days. At most every age. Unfortunate.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turboblaster on 07/08/13, 01:17 pm

Erod wrote:This is the Sting way these days.  At most every age.  Unfortunate.  

I do not think this is the Sting way at all. Their teams are mostly aggressive, but do not encourage dirty play. Any team at any organization can have a coach who encourages (or just does not discourage) this "style" of play. I bought my DD solid brass shin guards for her next meeting with the good men.
turboblaster
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick on 07/08/13, 01:30 pm

Your support being?
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod on 07/08/13, 01:56 pm

turboblaster wrote:

I do not think this is the Sting way at all.   Their teams are mostly aggressive, but do not encourage dirty play.   Any team at any organization can have a coach who encourages (or just does not discourage) this "style" of play.   I bought my DD solid brass shin guards for her next meeting with the good men.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod on 07/08/13, 01:59 pm

banana kick wrote:

Your support being?

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum