Latest topics
» Lake Highlands?
by db10 Today at 12:37 am

» KW and her White Walkers
by GK dad07 Yesterday at 10:33 pm

» LFC IA Texas' 08G Barnes GK guest opportunity
by R.A.M Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» LFC IA Texas 04G Barnes guest player Labor Day
by R.A.M Yesterday at 10:16 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 05:21 pm

» 07G Developmental Team looking for at-Level Scrimmages
by worldsoccer Yesterday at 04:43 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Yesterday at 04:34 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 04:01 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 04:01 pm

» 09 FCD Lew/Plano/Colony/Frisco, etc
by Tmattison Yesterday at 03:38 pm

» D'Feeters 07G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Yesterday at 03:11 pm

» D'Feeters 06G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Yesterday at 03:10 pm

» Solar premier cup champions
by ddgonz22 Yesterday at 02:38 pm

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 01:58 pm

» D'feeters 08 (Colón) looking
by pingo99 Yesterday at 01:10 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:04 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:52 am

» FBR 08 August 22nd 2017
by FBR08G Yesterday at 09:47 am

» Dallas Texans 09 Scarfone Looking for players
by Mpereztx10 Yesterday at 09:01 am

» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by OkieEnergyDad 22/08/17, 08:55 pm

» Solar 08 Hernandez/Fonseca
by fonseca.soccer 22/08/17, 07:35 pm

» Fort Worth Soccer Performance at APEC
by tnelsoncook19 22/08/17, 03:16 pm

» TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - November 10-12, 2017
by U90C 22/08/17, 02:42 pm

» TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - November 10-12, 2017
by U90C 22/08/17, 02:37 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11303 registered users
The newest registered user is BWsBW

Our users have posted a total of 161690 messages in 20333 subjects

Top 03 Keepers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by slither on 06/08/13, 12:41 pm

I wonder if that is the same case for the goalie for Sting Central that played against Spirit on the first Saturday of the tournament.

slither
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by Kicking & Screaming on 06/08/13, 12:57 pm

Slither- no, the current Sting Central (Sanchez) keeper is still in place, to my knowledge.
avatar
Kicking & Screaming
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 1534
Join date : 2013-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by ddgonz22 on 06/08/13, 01:17 pm

I particularly like the keeper lp barnes had against sting west at qual...
avatar
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 68
Points : 1573
Join date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by IAmSoccerfan on 06/08/13, 01:32 pm

Andromeda Red keeper is not going anywhere. She is not the one that has been mentioned on this thread.

IAmSoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 1504
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by flounder on 06/08/13, 01:37 pm

Size is not a factor of skill. Many goals are scored with high shots which kids at this age cannot really help due to lack of jumping ability (muscle development). LP Barnes keeper has size but lacks skill and command ability of the defense.

Best keepers at this age have ability to win 1:1 challenges, react to balls being crossed, and talk to their defense.

One keeper that has an edge is FCD Gold. She has a kick burro attitude that hacks off the parents and the players. My DD gets very annoyed playing against her, but that is one element of a great keep (getting in the heads of opposing forwards). Keepers are not there to make friends.

Notable Keeps for '03: FCD Gold, Sting W, Sting Central, Andro
avatar
flounder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 1960
Join date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by BallStryker on 06/08/13, 01:54 pm

I believe the old Sting Central Parker (Sanchez) keeper moved to Sting G. Then the keeper from Sting Skaife moved over to Sanchez. Both are really good keepers.
D'Feeters keeper is top notch.
So is the FCD Gold keeper.
The Andromeda keeper has a cannon for a foot.

BallStryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 1543
Join date : 2013-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by flounder on 06/08/13, 01:55 pm

herradura wrote:
FastPitch wrote:Hurradura I'll give it a poke.  What should/can a GK do to protect themselves when charging a ball?  Any tips to keep a good man from taking you out?

A good forward watches the keeper. If the keeper commits, the forward goes around, if the keeper does not commit, the forward strikes the ball to the open side of the goal. Skill is required. Not brawn...

Sorry, answered from the wrong side- which is all I know. I am very happy not to have a gk dd in this day and age...

Ah...you fell into the trap. Keepers are too smart for your over zealous forward.

A good keeper wants the forward to think they are committing, then slows up to take the ball off the forwards foot; or the keeper does not commit lets the forward become greedy with the space push the ball too far forward, then the keeper commits and takes the ball off the forwards foot.

Either way it ends with a balled up hedgehog and a forward wondering what happened.

avatar
flounder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 1960
Join date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by herradura on 06/08/13, 02:20 pm

flounder wrote:
herradura wrote:
FastPitch wrote:Hurradura I'll give it a poke.  What should/can a GK do to protect themselves when charging a ball?  Any tips to keep a good man from taking you out?

A good forward watches the keeper. If the keeper commits, the forward goes around, if the keeper does not commit, the forward strikes the ball to the open side of the goal. Skill is required. Not brawn...

Sorry, answered from the wrong side- which is all I know. I am very happy not to have a gk dd in this day and age...

Ah...you fell into the trap.  Keepers are too smart for your over zealous forward.

A good keeper wants the forward to think they are committing, then slows up to take the ball off the forwards foot; or the keeper does not commit lets the forward become greedy with the space push the ball too far forward, then the keeper commits and takes the ball off the forwards foot.  

Either way it ends with a balled up hedgehog and a forward wondering what happened.

 

Sorry, I don't buy it.  They are 10..., that whole two seconds of cat and mouse does not factor into their heads - yet. Most of the time they make a decision and do it, not act like they are going to make a decision and then do the opposite.

The same goes the other way, a forward is coming down the field, they watch the keeper and then react to what they do, most of them don't even watch the keeper yet and try and just shoot through because most of the time that works.

I have been watching keepers on the top 10-15 ranked teams now for over a year and there are only an handful I would call "advanced" in their skill (position, technique, aggressiveness, agility, communication, grasp of the game) at this point - enough to be game changers. There are many more advanced forwards than keepers.

I am sure everyone is really proud of their keepers performances at QT, but D1 will be an eye opener for keepers (and parents) who have been playing the weaker leagues until this point.

Just ask those who had to face SRSA or FCD Gold in week 1 of QT...
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2406
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by flounder on 06/08/13, 02:26 pm

Herradura,
I agree with you on both sides about keepers and forwards... I am not a parent of a keep, just thought it was fun to give the keepers perspective.
avatar
flounder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 1960
Join date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by slither on 06/08/13, 02:35 pm

BallStryker wrote: Then the keeper from Sting Skaife moved over to Sanchez.

Is that the one who played on that 1st Saturday?

slither
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 1484
Join date : 2013-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by Guest on 06/08/13, 02:43 pm

I really like the way FWFC White/Black Keeper plays. She takes comand of her defense and is very vocal. I am not sure which FWFC team she belongs to but I have seen her play on both. Her punts are amazing and and she is tall and solid in the box. She could work on her goal kicks though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 06/08/13, 04:42 pm

A bit of a reality check for you all:

The top keepers in this age group are still field players, according to GrandTX.  So this discussion is moot.

cheers cheers cheers
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 1928
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 06/08/13, 06:02 pm

You've finally seen the light NOFD, glad to see you are coming around Smile


GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 2868
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by pandora'sbox on 06/08/13, 06:33 pm

Andromeda red keeper not to bad either. Looked pretty aggressive to me
avatar
pandora'sbox
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1483
Join date : 2013-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by SteamingBean on 07/08/13, 09:57 am

herradura wrote:[
Yawn... I like talking about overly aggressive forwards much better. The gk conversation is too subjective, and the gk parents are much too looney.

ukcoach wrote:get low, slide into the ball, hands first head behind the ball and then curl yourself in a ball like a hedgehog


Of four dds I'm 1 1/2 "aggressive goal scorer" parent and 2 1/2 "sliding hedgehog" (GK) parent, so i guess that makes me 37% obnoxious and 62% looney.

Maybe having a college keep skews my perspective, and we've all seen some pretty good 03 ones recently, but I haven't seen any mind-blowing keeps yet at age ten. But I have seen this group of girls as a whole improve tremendously over the past few seasons. Perhaps I'm wrong but seems that this class of 03 GKs are generally better than when my older daughters were this age. It's fun to watch as they grow and mature in their sport. You can tell the GKs who are putting in the extra work and dedication as they become more commanding of the game and confident in their decisions. (True across the entire pitch of course.) Gonna be a fun fall
avatar
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 136
Points : 2013
Join date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by herradura on 07/08/13, 10:02 am

SteamingBean wrote:
herradura wrote:[
Yawn... I like talking about overly aggressive forwards much better. The gk conversation is too subjective, and the gk parents are much too looney.

ukcoach wrote:get low, slide into the ball, hands first head behind the ball and then curl yourself in a ball like a hedgehog


Of four dds I'm 1 1/2 "aggressive goal scorer" parent and 2 1/2 "sliding hedgehog" (GK) parent, so i guess that makes me 37% obnoxious and 62% looney.

Maybe having a college keep skews my perspective, and we've all seen some pretty good 03 ones recently, but I haven't seen any mind-blowing keeps yet at age ten.  But I have seen this group of girls as a whole improve tremendously over the past few seasons.  Perhaps I'm wrong but seems that this class of 03 GKs are generally better than when my older daughters were this age.  It's fun to watch as they grow and mature in their sport.  You can tell the GKs who are putting in the extra work and dedication as they become more commanding of the game and confident in their decisions.  (True across the entire pitch of course.)  Gonna be a fun fall  

1/2 a dd - Does that mean you have one that splits time as a keeper and field player?
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2406
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by SteamingBean on 07/08/13, 10:17 am

Yes, one splits, but it's becoming more challenging for her to do so due to changing team dynamics.

She loves the net stress and loves dribbling passing and shooting as much or more and is suffering from split personality.
avatar
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 136
Points : 2013
Join date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by herradura on 07/08/13, 10:21 am

SteamingBean wrote:Yes, one splits, but it's becoming more challenging for her to do so due to changing team dynamics.

She loves the net stress and loves dribbling passing and shooting as much or more and is suffering from split personality.

A blessing and a curse! But great to have both set of skills.

When a player can make a team with field skills and then add that security of a being a keeper or even a back up keeper, those kids are hard to turn away!
avatar
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 673
Points : 2406
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by soccer22 on 08/08/13, 10:09 am

Andromeda FC keeper not going anywhere. She is forever on team, not just for qualifing....Don't know where y'all heard that?! And yes... She is an amazing keeper of I do say so myself! (No, I'm not her parent) just have seen her play and she is very good, and very tall!

soccer22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 1702
Join date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by Erod on 08/08/13, 10:47 am

EyeSnapPhotos wrote:I really like the one from SRSA.......... Oh wait, is there a keeper back there at all?
They literally could have played with out one and not given up a single goal. LOL

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 98
Points : 3000
Join date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 03 Keepers

Post by EyeSnapPhotos on 08/08/13, 11:53 pm

Anyone yet nominate the one from FCD Premier? That keep is all around a technical and tactical DD who's parents must be very proud. Has great range and movement, and a thunder of a punt/clear. Have fun in D1, your work will be well rewarded!
avatar
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 90
Points : 2210
Join date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum