2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Today at 06:39 pm

» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Today at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Today at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C Yesterday at 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166036 messages in 20897 subjects

Is ODP worth it?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by SD69 on 13/11/13, 10:24 pm

DD, who is still in academy as a U10, just completed her 2nd practice on Sunday. Can't speak for the parents of U11 and U12 parents, but her practicing with and against quality girls one and two years older than her is helping. Even the other '04s that she knows about are very good, she had a RASE girl in her group last week. So for her age, the competition alone makes it worth it.

Also, The coach to player ratio is high and the environment is very professional. It has exposed her to different coaching techniques as there have been about 8 different coaches coaching her and they spend time with each one.

Been very happy with the experience for my DD so far.

SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1337
Join date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by turftoe9 on 14/11/13, 01:15 am

soccerdad1969 wrote:DD, who is still in academy as a U10, just completed her 2nd practice on Sunday. Can't speak for the parents of U11 and U12 parents, but her practicing with and against quality girls one and two years older than her is helping. Even the other '04s that she knows about are very good, she had a RASE girl in her group last week. So for her age, the competition alone makes it worth it.

Also, The coach to player ratio is high and the environment is very professional. It has exposed her to different coaching techniques as there have been about 8 different coaches coaching her and they spend time with each one.

Been very happy with the experience for my DD so far.
There shouldn't any 04's out unles they have an 03 birthdate which makes them a 03 in ODP.
avatar
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 739
Points : 3913
Join date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by SD69 on 14/11/13, 08:52 am

03 birthdate.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1337
Points : 3277
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by MoveYourFeet on 14/11/13, 09:11 am

turftoe9 wrote:
soccerdad1969 wrote:DD, who is still in academy as a U10, just completed her 2nd practice on Sunday. Can't speak for the parents of U11 and U12 parents, but her practicing with and against quality girls one and two years older than her is helping. Even the other '04s that she knows about are very good, she had a RASE girl in her group last week. So for her age, the competition alone makes it worth it.

Also, The coach to player ratio is high and the environment is very professional. It has exposed her to different coaching techniques as there have been about 8 different coaches coaching her and they spend time with each one.

Been very happy with the experience for my DD so far.
There shouldn't any 04's out unles they have an 03 birthdate which makes them a 03 in ODP.
There are players that try out a year early. An 04 can be in the 03 ODP mix.
avatar
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 3600
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 48
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 14/11/13, 10:58 am

Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 2977
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by MoveYourFeet on 14/11/13, 11:20 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.
I know of a number of DD's that went out to ODP tryouts a year early (yes, the year before their actual birth year). A true 04 can make the 03 ODP pool.

And comparatively, ODP is inexpensive, especially if you want to compare it to private lessons. Too many people characterize it as a money grab, but it is about the cheapest thing my DD has ever done with soccer, especially when you consider the bang for your buck.
avatar
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 3600
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 48
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by Zizou on 14/11/13, 11:22 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.
Agree, the ODP training is not much more than what your DD is getting with her club practices or through her ind. skill trainer. The benefits of ODP is being selected for the sub regional tournaments ie. southern Cal and college station, and regional camps ie. Oklahoma and Alabama. Your DD working hard getting selected or called up to play against other states and their talented players ie. south texas, Oklahoma, Florida, North Carolina.

Zizou
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1862
Points : 3427
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by turftoe9 on 14/11/13, 11:45 am

MoveYourFeet wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.
I know of a number of DD's that went out to ODP tryouts a year early (yes, the year before their actual birth year). A true 04 can make the 03 ODP pool.

And comparatively, ODP is inexpensive, especially if you want to compare it to private lessons. Too many people characterize it as a money grab, but it is about the cheapest thing my DD has ever done with soccer, especially when you consider the bang for your buck.
per ODP website.

How is player eligibility determined?
Eligibility for ODP is determined by the player’s birth date, not their soccer year (i.e. a child born in 1997 is a ’97 in ODP). 2013/2014 is the first year we have added a new 2003 pool to ODP. A child born in 2003 is now eligible to participate in ODP. A child born in 2004 or younger is not eligible to try out for the 2013/2014 seasons. Players born in 1996 or older are considered to be “aged out”. Therefore, they are no longer eligible to participate in ODP.
avatar
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 739
Points : 3913
Join date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by Guest on 14/11/13, 11:51 am

turftoe9 wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.
I know of a number of DD's that went out to ODP tryouts a year early (yes, the year before their actual birth year). A true 04 can make the 03 ODP pool.

And comparatively, ODP is inexpensive, especially if you want to compare it to private lessons. Too many people characterize it as a money grab, but it is about the cheapest thing my DD has ever done with soccer, especially when you consider the bang for your buck.
per ODP website.

How is player eligibility determined?
Eligibility for ODP is determined by the player’s birth date, not their soccer year (i.e. a child born in 1997 is a ’97 in ODP). 2013/2014 is the first year we have added a new 2003 pool to ODP. A child born in 2003 is now eligible to participate in ODP. A child born in 2004 or younger is not eligible to try out for the 2013/2014 seasons. Players born in 1996 or older are considered to be “aged out”. Therefore, they are no longer eligible to participate in ODP.
It doesn't work that way in reality. There are 04 birth year players in ODP currently. ODP is great and gives the girls a chance to play against high level players and receive recognition as being an elite player if they make one of the regional teams. It also looks great on a resume for a college soccer coach and can get you noticed. If a girl has a goal of playing in college, she should do ODP.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by MoveYourFeet on 14/11/13, 12:14 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.
I know of a number of DD's that went out to ODP tryouts a year early (yes, the year before their actual birth year). A true 04 can make the 03 ODP pool.

And comparatively, ODP is inexpensive, especially if you want to compare it to private lessons. Too many people characterize it as a money grab, but it is about the cheapest thing my DD has ever done with soccer, especially when you consider the bang for your buck.
per ODP website.

How is player eligibility determined?
Eligibility for ODP is determined by the player’s birth date, not their soccer year (i.e. a child born in 1997 is a ’97 in ODP). 2013/2014 is the first year we have added a new 2003 pool to ODP. A child born in 2003 is now eligible to participate in ODP. A child born in 2004 or younger is not eligible to try out for the 2013/2014 seasons. Players born in 1996 or older are considered to be “aged out”. Therefore, they are no longer eligible to participate in ODP.
It doesn't work that way in reality.  There are 04 birth year players in ODP currently.  ODP is great and  gives the girls a chance to play against high level players and receive recognition as being an elite player if they make one of the regional teams.  It also looks great on a resume for a college soccer coach and can get you noticed.  If a girl has a goal of playing in college, she should do ODP.  

I remember when a 99 player made the 97 ODP team. She decided not to do it at that time and retried as a 98 and played with that group. No matter what the rule says and how you interpret it, there are younger players playing with older groups. Deal with it.


Last edited by MoveYourFeet on 14/11/13, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifying sentence)
avatar
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 3600
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 48
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ODP worth it?

Post by jsullivan81 on 14/11/13, 12:25 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, ODP goes by birth year not NTX soccer year, so yes technically there could be someone playing in the 04 age group that is also in the 03 ODP group. It happened this year with girls in the 03 group being in the 02 ODP group. Kind of a reason I think it's a little early to start some of this stuff but as the saying goes, a fool (ntx soccer parent) and their money are soon parted.

Personally I wouldn't send a DD to ODP until after they mature around age 12 & 13, it's not like you are getting other worldly soccer training that you can't find in about 100 different places in NTX. Maybe not in some other states but in NTX the training at ODP isn't much better than what you will find at most of the larger clubs and many of the better ind.
I know of a number of DD's that went out to ODP tryouts a year early (yes, the year before their actual birth year). A true 04 can make the 03 ODP pool.

And comparatively, ODP is inexpensive, especially if you want to compare it to private lessons. Too many people characterize it as a money grab, but it is about the cheapest thing my DD has ever done with soccer, especially when you consider the bang for your buck.
per ODP website.

How is player eligibility determined?
Eligibility for ODP is determined by the player’s birth date, not their soccer year (i.e. a child born in 1997 is a ’97 in ODP). 2013/2014 is the first year we have added a new 2003 pool to ODP. A child born in 2003 is now eligible to participate in ODP. A child born in 2004 or younger is not eligible to try out for the 2013/2014 seasons. Players born in 1996 or older are considered to be “aged out”. Therefore, they are no longer eligible to participate in ODP.
It doesn't work that way in reality.  There are 04 birth year players in ODP currently.  ODP is great and  gives the girls a chance to play against high level players and receive recognition as being an elite player if they make one of the regional teams.  It also looks great on a resume for a college soccer coach and can get you noticed.  If a girl has a goal of playing in college, she should do ODP.  

I remember when a 99 player made the 97 ODP team. She decided not to do it at that time and retried as a 98 and played with that group. No matter what the rule says and how you interpret it, there are younger players playing with older groups. Deal with it.
I remember walking to school, uphill, BOTH ways, barefoot in the snow.


jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2277
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum