North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

04 Labor Day Tournament

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by go99 19/08/13, 09:12 am

LFS is a solid team but it aint JK and fundamentals it's a couple of the girls planted in the center of midfield that are just dominating the play shutting everything down and locking teams into their own defensive end..

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 19/08/13, 09:30 am

The whole team is amazing. JK is the best coach out there. The girls are so lucky to have someone so dedicated to their growth as players and people. LFS also has the best parents around. A really good looking group of people. Really smart too.
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 19/08/13, 10:16 am

go99 wrote:LFS is a solid team but it aint JK and fundamentals it's a couple of the girls planted in the center of midfield that are just dominating the play shutting everything down and locking teams into their own defensive end..  
Don't knock on our girls, the entire team is talented. Why do you even have an opinion on how they played? LFS didn't play your DDs team thus weekend.

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 19/08/13, 10:31 am

boy you are sensitive. I didn't knock your girls at all that is just how you chose to take it. "LFS is a solid team" My comment on a couple of the girl in the middle were dominant players possibly some of the top players in the league. It makes it difficult to get any sort of attack established. As far as why I have an opinion on it, it's what I do, it's sort of my thing. I did see LFS play on a couple of occasions over the weekend. But at no point did I intentionally of even unintentionally knock any of your girls. You really have some issues you need to work thru that make you see every mention as a slight.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 19/08/13, 10:48 am

Our middle is solid - no doubt about it. They have skill, speed and are smart. However, our goalie played lights out this weekend. She didn't face a ton of shots, but the ones that she did see, they were quality chances, and she was a brick wall. Things could have turned out differently for us had she not had such a great tournament. It is also cool that she took one of the PK's in our semi-final and knocked her shot in with ease.
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/13, 11:33 am

go99 wrote:boy you are sensitive.  I didn't knock your girls at all that is just how you chose to take it. "LFS is a solid team"   My comment on a couple of the girl in the middle were dominant players possibly some of the top players in the league.  It makes it difficult to get any sort of attack established.  As far as why I have an opinion on it, it's what I do, it's sort of my thing.  I did see LFS play on a couple of occasions over the weekend.  But at no point did I intentionally of even unintentionally knock any of your girls.  You really have some issues you need to work thru that make you see every mention as a slight.
I hear one of his boys teams just blew up!

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 19/08/13, 11:44 am

Don't know anything about that. If true, I don't think it is an issue. He is building a first class academy and shouldn't have any problem filling in teams (boys or girls). If true, it may be a good thing. LFS differentiates itself from other area clubs by maintaining a small family feel. Controlled growth is the best thing for us at this point.
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 19/08/13, 11:58 am

don't know but teams come and go so not that big of a deal. Ahh so watzgerald is part of the LFS organization. Maybe you could lets us know if there is a LFS connection planned for the boys side like there is on the girls with defeeters.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 19/08/13, 12:01 pm

go99 wrote:boy you are sensitive.  I didn't knock your girls at all that is just how you chose to take it. "LFS is a solid team"   My comment on a couple of the girl in the middle were dominant players possibly some of the top players in the league.  It makes it difficult to get any sort of attack established.  As far as why I have an opinion on it, it's what I do, it's sort of my thing.  I did see LFS play on a couple of occasions over the weekend.  But at no point did I intentionally of even unintentionally knock any of your girls.  You really have some issues you need to work thru that make you see every mention as a slight.
So this isn't a knock? "but it aint JK and fundamentals" and of course a good team will have dominant players, take a few Barca guys out and see what you have left. Personally I read your post as a slam on the rest of the team as well

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 19/08/13, 12:05 pm

Master Bates wrote:
Besides trying to talk crap about someone and stir the pot what would this have to do with anything on this forum? Obviously there was going to be some hurdles given that LFS partnered with an all girls program in the D'Feeters. I'm not sure if I'd bet against that boys team not resurfacing from what I understand they were pretty good.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 19/08/13, 12:09 pm

Yup, no need to hide. I wear my LFS colors proud (I look stunning in neon yellow, or is it green?). I would be happy to speak about the boys side, but unfortunately, I don't have any first hand info on that. I know rumors are more fun in this environment, but I would prefer not to be the one starting them. So, 04G is really the only info I have.

My gut tells me he would come up with a universal approach to both boys and girls when building the architecture of his program.

watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/13, 12:11 pm

db10 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Besides trying to talk crap about someone and stir the pot what would this have to do with anything on this forum? Obviously there was going to be some hurdles given that LFS partnered with an all girls program in the D'Feeters. I'm not sure if I'd bet against that boys team not resurfacing from what I understand they were pretty good.
Hey I actually like him and his coaching! Just seems like he is moving further toward the girls side. By the way, LFS are now going to replace RASE as the team most people will shoot at! Don't be too sensitive now y'all!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 19/08/13, 12:16 pm

you ready it wrong then it aint "JK and his fundamentals (skills)" so if there is a slam anywhere it is a slam on the idea that they are a good team because of jk's magic fundamentals. They won because of the players on the field not the coach behind the jersey or his fundamentals (that must be different from every other coach). So if you want to interpret a slam it would be against JK but I think he knows his stuff so it wasn't. It was a slam against the notion that "Old JK must be at the fundamentals" was somehow behind the performance.

See I don't think you guys have a reading problem it's a sensitivity problem or your own biases. You want me to have a problem against Joey's team so you expect that bias before you even begin to read. I don't have a problem with his team. didn't when they were solar and don't now.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 19/08/13, 12:20 pm

JK has done a good job with LFS, at least with his 04 G.  No idea about any other age groups or the boys side.  Good for him as I'm sure there were man doubters.  There is absolutely NO certainty with the future of any team, especially as the teams near select.  Another big shakedown will happen in a few years when ECNL becomes a factor.

I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?  I heard from a couple of sources from both teams that DT had LFS on their heels for much of the game.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 19/08/13, 12:21 pm

watzgerald wrote:Yup, no need to hide. I wear my LFS colors proud (I look stunning in neon yellow, or is it green?). I would be happy to speak about the boys side, but unfortunately, I don't have any first hand info on that. I know rumors are more fun in this environment, but I would prefer not to be the one starting them. So, 04G is really the only info I have.

My gut tells me he would come up with a universal approach to both boys and girls when building the architecture of his program.

Ah okay so you are just a parent on the team. I got a little misty and choked up after all of the different than every other club family enviornment stuff. Though maybe you were somebody from the organization not just a customer who pays for a service. So let me ask you this, if JK left and went to texans, LP, or FCD would you go with him and the team or stay with the club thats doing it all different?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 19/08/13, 12:23 pm

2good4u wrote:JK has done a good job with LFS, at least with his 04 G.  No idea about any other age groups or the boys side.  Good for him as I'm sure there were man doubters.  There is absolutely NO certainty with the future of any team, especially as the teams near select.  Another big shakedown will happen in a few years when ECNL becomes a factor.

I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?  I heard from a couple of sources from both teams that DT had LFS on their heels for much of the game.
No comment!!! any would be seen as bashing LFS, JK, the state of Oklahoma and neon
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 19/08/13, 12:35 pm

"Though maybe you were somebody from the organization not just a customer who pays for a service. So let me ask you this, if JK left and went to texans, LP, or FCD would you go with him and the team or stay with the club thats doing it all different?"

Good question. From my point of view, Joey and Michael are LFS. Sure, the foundation he has built would stay, and maybe someone with a like-minded approach could step in and keep the dream alive, but I don't think it would be the same experience.

I'm a proud customer. Just like someone who buys Apple products. My MacBook was made in China by slave labor, and I could have gotten a cheaper PC. But Steve Jobs built the Apple brand based on a vision that extends well beyond hardware and software. And that vision is what you are buying into when you pay twice as much for Apple products. Same with LFS. I support what Joey and Michael are doing in their approach and philosophy to academy soccer. If they left, I am sure a large portion of players and families would follow along.
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 19/08/13, 12:54 pm

2good4u wrote:JK has done a good job with LFS, at least with his 04 G.  No idea about any other age groups or the boys side.  Good for him as I'm sure there were man doubters.  There is absolutely NO certainty with the future of any team, especially as the teams near select.  Another big shakedown will happen in a few years when ECNL becomes a factor.

The game was going back and forth. I believe LFS scored a late goal to tie the game 2-2, (I could be wrong). From the looks of it, DT Scott had DT North players guesting, unless they are new additions to Scott's team. Any one with info on this??
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 19/08/13, 12:56 pm

"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game. Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 19/08/13, 01:33 pm

go99 wrote:

No comment!!! any would be seen as bashing LFS, JK, the state of Oklahoma and neon
Wait did you say Oklahoma! You got me pumped up, Football season starts Aug 31st!...
http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=31000&SPID=127245&SPSID=750325

cheers 
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oksoccer guy 19/08/13, 01:39 pm

Its_a_marathon wrote:
go99 wrote:

Wait did you say Oklahoma!  You got me pumped up, Football season starts Aug 31st!...  
http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=31000&SPID=127245&SPSID=750325

cheers 
Its a marathon...let me help you out http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okst-m-footbl-sched.html

Orange Power

Oksoccer guy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 19/08/13, 01:47 pm

Oksoccer guy wrote:
Its_a_marathon wrote:
go99 wrote:

Wait did you say Oklahoma!  You got me pumped up, Football season starts Aug 31st!...  

cheers 
Its a marathon...let me help you out http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okst-m-footbl-sched.html

Orange Power
I wondered how long before an OSU guy piped up. Now go back to your cave that T Bone Built you.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oksoccer guy 19/08/13, 01:53 pm

Its_a_marathon wrote:
Oksoccer guy wrote:
Its_a_marathon wrote:
go99 wrote:

cheers 

Orange Power
I wondered how long before an OSU guy piped up. Now go back to your cave that T Bone Built you.  
I am ok with the T Boone reference. It is a pretty nice cave.

Even though you are a U of O guy, I will try to catch one of your DD's games over Labor Day.

Oksoccer guy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/13, 01:53 pm

watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/13, 01:54 pm

Master Bates wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/13, 02:01 pm

SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next