Latest topics
» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Today at 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Today at 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 12:15 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by 7WhiskeyPapa Today at 12:08 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander Today at 10:28 am

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by TxFutbal Today at 10:11 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Today at 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Today at 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar Today at 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 Today at 08:20 am

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Poacher Today at 08:00 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa Yesterday at 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal Yesterday at 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 Yesterday at 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 Yesterday at 12:19 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 10:28 am

» FCD. #23 AM full kit +extra
by momofsoccergirls 16/08/17, 11:51 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by TxFutbal 16/08/17, 10:07 pm

» Turf Cup 3v3 Needs 2005, 2008 & 2009 Teams for This Weekend
by mexgenius 16/08/17, 02:46 pm

» D'Feeters 2010 North Team Forming
by dfeeters10north 16/08/17, 12:13 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by Foxysoccermom 16/08/17, 11:50 am

» Sting YXL game shorts - $15
by phantoms 16/08/17, 11:49 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11234 registered users
The newest registered user is eajustin

Our users have posted a total of 161556 messages in 20306 subjects

Answer to SRSA?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Answer to SRSA?

Post by Barca on 26/08/13, 02:17 pm

herradura wrote:
lostntexas wrote:IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT PEOPLE.....SRSA ALL THE TIME?
OK, LostInTexas let's talk about your DDs team... You first.
We could talk about the Pink Ponies or the Vipers. I heard both teams are at the levels as SRSA.

Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 26/08/13, 02:18 pm

lostntexas wrote:It just get old. Same topic all the time, The two super stars,who is play up,what the did in Surf Cup ,player pass, sh#t did I miss a topic..oh Srsa ran up the score..worry about your own DD and get her better.  The time half of you spend on here you could be getting you dd extra touches RIGHT? NEVER CROSSED YOUR MIND... Maybe that's why your dd don't finish or have that first touch! Damn dad to busy posting. .
Yep, you got it buddy.... "dead on balls accurate - it's an industry term"...
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 26/08/13, 02:19 pm

Guess Who wrote:IF SRSA is wanting a challange why not play up vs. 02 or 01 teams in a tournament. Hell put them in a 00 tournament they might just win it all.
They were in the 02 Silver brackets before Plano pulled the schedules. I actually wondered why they did not choose to play in Gold but the '02 sister club was in that bracket.
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 26/08/13, 02:38 pm

My question that I'm still wondering is that if money was no object, could a club or someone independently wealthy, offer free rides to girls of exceptional SRSA quality and produce the same results. I'm sure there are unbelievable girls out there that are either on other teams, cannot afford to play select or are playing other types of soccer (Futsal, Indoor, etc.) that could be enticed to join said team.

Given a quality coach and no worries about money, I'm curious how that might turn out.

Since I'm poor, I might even really consider giving it a shot at having my daughter try out. I don't know about the rest of you.

Thoughts?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please on 26/08/13, 02:43 pm

lostntexas wrote:It just get old. Same topic all the time, The two super stars,who is play up,what the did in Surf Cup ,player pass, sh#t did I miss a topic..oh Srsa ran up the score..worry about your own DD and get her better.  The time half of you spend on here you could be getting you dd extra touches RIGHT? NEVER CROSSED YOUR MIND... Maybe that's why your dd don't finish or have that first touch! Damn dad to busy posting. .
LOL, try having another drink. Maybe your post will make more sense.

What's the problem? You don't like everyone gushing about how your DD is playing up or how great your team is doing? Cmon man!!

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/08/13, 02:49 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:My question that I'm still wondering is that if money was no object, could a club or someone independently wealthy, offer free rides to girls of exceptional SRSA quality and produce the same results. I'm sure there are unbelievable girls out there that are either on other teams, cannot afford to play select or are playing other types of soccer (Futsal, Indoor, etc.) that could be enticed to join said team.

Given a quality coach and no worries about money, I'm curious how that might turn out.

Since I'm poor, I might even really consider giving it a shot at having my daughter try out. I don't know about the rest of you.

Thoughts?
Absolutely it would work. Barcelona usa over at blog.3four3.com did the same thing on the boys side though they don't seem to mention it much when spouting off about why they're so good and why the rest of u.s. soccer is so bad.

On girls side there is very little incentive to spend the money unless you have a daughter on the team.

Last edited by 4-3-3 on 26/08/13, 03:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling on phone)

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisNameIsCool on 26/08/13, 03:00 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:My question that I'm still wondering is that if money was no object, could a club or someone independently wealthy, offer free rides to girls of exceptional SRSA quality and produce the same results. I'm sure there are unbelievable girls out there that are either on other teams, cannot afford to play select or are playing other types of soccer (Futsal, Indoor, etc.) that could be enticed to join said team.

Thoughts?
Since you started this thread and clearly have a reason...just come out and say what you want...."Any club out there willing to give your DD a free ride because she's a SRSA type player, just PM Coach & Ref". Nothing wrong with asking. And I'm sure they begged you to play for SRSA. I know, I know....a lot of people were at some point.

I almost agree with Lost in Texas...almost...there's got to be more to talk about, right?
ThisNameIsCool
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas on 26/08/13, 03:06 pm

Lol I knew I could get DP to respond. ..I though you had to turn off your internet since that soccer tourny in California.$$$ ..How did the team do ? When I see you on the pitch don't turn your head and act like you don't see a brother.......lol
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 26/08/13, 03:20 pm

ThisNameIsCool wrote:

Thoughts?
Since you started this thread and clearly have a reason...just come out and say what you want...."Any club out there willing to give your DD a free ride because she's a SRSA type player, just PM Coach & Ref".  Nothing wrong with asking.  And I'm sure they begged you to play for SRSA.  I know, I know....a lot of people were at some point.

I almost agree with Lost in Texas...almost...there's got to be more to talk about, right?
Firstly, you don't know anything about me or my daughter, so don't presume so. This was just a hypothetical discussion, so unless you have something constructive to add, then just go find a non-SRSA thread since this one bothers you so much.

Secondly, I was just pondering if it was possible or even if it could make a good or bad business decision to try it. If another club had a team to rival SRSA, I wonder if it would be good for their business for players to try to make the team in order for the shot to not have to pay as well as knowing that they are the caliber to compete at the ultimate level at this age group.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please on 26/08/13, 03:29 pm

lostntexas wrote:Lol I knew I could get DP to respond. ..I though you had to turn off your internet since that soccer tourny in California.$$$ ..How did  the team do ?  When I see you  on the pitch  don't turn your head and act like you don't see a brother.......lol
Funny Lost. I haven't been to California in my life and have no desire either. Why would I turn my back, it is always amusing to see you following DM around like a puppy.

Why don't you just chime in and offer your opinion to the OP? Tell us all mighty strength and conditioning, assistant coach what it would take to build a SRSA team anywhere else?

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisNameIsCool on 26/08/13, 03:34 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
ThisNameIsCool wrote:

Thoughts?
Since you started this thread and clearly have a reason...just come out and say what you want...."Any club out there willing to give your DD a free ride because she's a SRSA type player, just PM Coach & Ref".  Nothing wrong with asking.  And I'm sure they begged you to play for SRSA.  I know, I know....a lot of people were at some point.

Firstly, you don't know anything about me or my daughter, so don't presume so. This was just a hypothetical discussion, so unless you have something constructive to add, then just go find a non-SRSA thread since this one bothers you so much.

Secondly, I was just pondering if it was possible or even if it could make a good or bad business decision to try it. If another club had a team to rival SRSA, I wonder if it would be good for their business for players to try to make the team in order for the shot to not have to pay as well as knowing that they are the caliber to compete at the ultimate level at this age group.
Easy Coach...no real offense intended.

I think clubs only want the sheer numbers of kids, not specialized elite groups. You point is valid, if you mean creating an environment where an elite team is funded by everyone else in the club and they understand that they are supporting them with their own kid's dues..like the boys side?
ThisNameIsCool
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EPL Fan on 26/08/13, 03:50 pm

herradura wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
JustaSport wrote:There's always an "unbeatable" team.  It happens every year in the younger ages and the hype usually starts early into academy.  But believe me, the unbeatables will always get beaten.  And sooner than later, all of the teams begin to look competitive with each other on any given day.  This latest, greatest 03 team and the parents should enjoy it for now.  It's fun to be at the top and have everyone chasing you.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Just realize that before you know it, the dominance will dwindle somewhat.
Well stated, everything in life is cyclical.
Sorry guys, there is something more to this team than athletes,  good coaches and "that good team in every age group". I have been around soccer for a long time in many parts of the nation and this group is special - If you don't think so, you have never seen them play. I think culture is the best term I have heard so far in pinpointing what makes them tick....
This group reminds me of the 00 Boys Texans team that Gall had, they were outstanding, outscored their opponets by over 70 goals in the U-11 Classic Season.  There was no special culture, they had good coaching and the best players.
EPL Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 26/08/13, 04:22 pm

ThisNameIsCool wrote:

I think clubs only want the sheer numbers of kids, not specialized elite groups.    
While there is certainly a business model that needs to be supported and numbers are needed for that, I certainly don't believe any of the big clubs don't want an elite team. Certainly
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay on 26/08/13, 05:32 pm

This thread is really good please keep it going. I am thinking of all the "dominant best teams ever" I have personally seen in ntx and there is a common thread. The formula doesn't seem that complex. Solar seems to have it down right now.
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96-01-03g dad on 26/08/13, 08:05 pm

Don't know much about 97-00 teams but the common denominator that I see is KW. She had a huge roll in training and coaching some of the best players in the 94-96 and 01-04's and now working again with fcd's little one's. DM has taken this team to the next level for sure and with authority but if there's a link to it all I'd say its kw....
96-01-03g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 26/08/13, 08:58 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
ThisNameIsCool wrote:

Thoughts?

Coach, I actually agree with your way of thinking. I believe that Liverpool is about as close to doing something like this but the parents still pay. Not sure about the other clubs but I would like to see them use the player pass rule to reach out to some of the players in their sister clubs (D2 & D3 and maybe PPL) to create some movement. Of course, this would only benefit the top teams and parents of the girls moving down would create a revolt. Interesting discussing...
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport on 26/08/13, 09:27 pm

Thoughts?
But nothing is really free. Who would pay for this uber team? Much of the true costs for the top teams in the top clubs are already absorbed by the lesser teams in the form of club dues. You would be asking parents of the lesser teams to fully scholarship the top team. Who would knowingly agree to that?

It has worked out to some degree for FC Dallas top boys teams, but much of the money that funds them comes from the professional team and all of its sponsors. It is, after all, in the professional team's best interest to develop great male talent that could one day join their professional team. But for the girls? What is the benefit beyond bragging rights for any club to have the best girls' teams? It's certainly useful for recruiting solely for the top teams, but I don't see that it helps with recruiting for the groups that share the same club names and jerseys but play in D2, D3, and PPL. And don't forget that the boys who play for free with the FC Dallas Academy program can't play soccer for their high school teams. There are UIL rules that kick in when kids monetarily benefit from sports.
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 27/08/13, 08:46 am

Perhaps it is time to move this thread to the '06 section since that is where the latest installment of DM and SRSA will reside.

Will the trilogy (SRSA '06) be as good as the sequel (SRSA '03) or the original (SRSA '00). If I were a betting man then I'd say it should come close.

As I understand it, DM has decided to take on an '06 team in recent weeks and he's using the same tried and tested formula.

1. Pull the core from a top two '06 team in what was Texans '06 Torres (turned Moreno...turned SRSA '06 Missimo)
2. Remove cost as a barrier to play...making his academy free for all the girls and luring top talent
3. Coach the heck out of them starting at u8 then hand them off to Solca come select.

We've seen DM build a winner in SRSA '00 now Solar ECNL u14 with many phenomenal players but no superstar and we've seen him build a winner in SRSA '03 now Solar Red Solca with a couple of prodigy players surrounded by phenomenal players. Which core '06 players will combine w/ the old Texans Torres team to form the trilogy? Can the other clubs produce their own version of the DM system and thwart SRSA '06 advancements or will history repeat itself for the good of the girls/parents directly involved again?
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners on 27/08/13, 09:33 am

outonthelimb wrote:Perhaps it is time to move this thread to the '06 section since that is where the latest installment of DM and SRSA will reside.

Will the trilogy (SRSA '06) be as good as the sequel (SRSA '03) or the original (SRSA '00).  If I were a betting man then I'd say it should come close.

As I understand it, DM has decided to take on an '06 team in recent weeks and he's using the same tried and tested formula.

1.  Pull the core from a top two '06 team in what was Texans '06 Torres (turned Moreno...turned SRSA '06 Missimo)
2.  Remove cost as a barrier to play...making his academy free for all the girls and luring top talent
3.  Coach the heck out of them starting at u8 then hand them off to Solca come select.

We've seen DM build a winner in SRSA '00 now Solar ECNL u14 with many phenomenal players but no superstar and we've seen him build a winner in SRSA '03 now Solar Red Solca with a couple of prodigy players surrounded by phenomenal players.  Which core '06 players will combine w/ the old Texans Torres team to form the trilogy?  Can the other clubs produce their own version of the DM system and thwart SRSA '06 advancements or will history repeat itself for the good of the girls/parents directly involved again?
Free coaching (arguably the best academy coach out there, btw) and the option of playing on what will almost certainly be the top team in the age group, a lethal mix for the other teams trying to compete/recruit against.  When my '00 was in academy it was always annoying how he was able to constantly out recruit and then out coach every other team.  You have to tip your hat to him, though, his model has been tremendously successful and also produced some incredible teams and players (several of which have moved on to be studs on other teams).

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove on 27/08/13, 09:58 am

outonthelimb wrote:Perhaps it is time to move this thread to the '06 section since that is where the latest installment of DM and SRSA will reside.

Will the trilogy (SRSA '06) be as good as the sequel (SRSA '03) or the original (SRSA '00).  If I were a betting man then I'd say it should come close.

1.  Pull the core from a top two '06 team in what was Texans '06 Torres (turned Moreno...turned SRSA '06 Missimo)
2.  Remove cost as a barrier to play...making his academy free for all the girls and luring top talent
3.  Coach the heck out of them starting at u8 then hand them off to Solca come select.

We've seen DM build a winner in SRSA '00 now Solar ECNL u14 with many phenomenal players but no superstar and we've seen him build a winner in SRSA '03 now Solar Red Solca with a couple of prodigy players surrounded by phenomenal players.  Which core '06 players will combine w/ the old Texans Torres team to form the trilogy?  Can the other clubs produce their own version of the DM system and thwart SRSA '06 advancements or will history repeat itself for the good of the girls/parents directly involved again?
A bit of a stretch to call Torres/Moreno/Missimo a top 2 team, but if anyone can turn them into one, DM is the man. Some 06 coaches may be a little uncomfortable this morning.
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 on 27/08/13, 10:07 am

Gunners wrote:
Free coaching (arguably the best academy coach out there, btw) quote]

All the SRSA 03 players play for free? Does that include all the IAD indoor training fees as well?

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/08/13, 10:27 am

Gunner9 wrote:
Gunners wrote:
Free coaching (arguably the best academy coach out there, btw) quote]

All the SRSA 03 players play for free?  Does that include all the IAD indoor training fees as well?
Correction, DM is the long term coach, an agreement has been met, now can someone tell me where practice is so I can take my DD? ...  pirat

Last edited by Borussia on 27/08/13, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JewelsBMF on 27/08/13, 10:28 am

JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 27/08/13, 11:04 am

JustaSport wrote:

Thoughts?
But nothing is really free.  Who would pay for this uber team?  Much of the true costs for the top teams in the top clubs are already absorbed by the lesser teams in the form of club dues.  You would be asking parents of the lesser teams to fully scholarship the top team.  Who would knowingly agree to that?

It has worked out to some degree for FC Dallas top boys teams, but much of the money that funds them comes from the professional team and all of its sponsors.  It is, after all, in the professional team's best interest to develop great male talent that could one day join their professional team.  But for the girls?  What is the benefit beyond bragging rights for any club to have the best girls' teams?  It's certainly useful for recruiting solely for the top teams, but I don't see that it helps with recruiting for the groups that share the same club names and jerseys but play in D2, D3, and PPL.  And don't forget that the boys who play for free with the FC Dallas Academy program can't play soccer for their high school teams.  There are UIL rules that kick in when kids monetarily benefit from sports.
WRONG!!! The academy league that they play in does not allow the kids to play outside sports. My son is with solar and just went to highschool and can't play soccer. Nothing to do with FCD or playing free. Also the rules for gaining player rights with fifa means FCD must incurr the cost of the players development. If mom and dad pay for it that means no player rights or transfer fees.

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum