North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

7.2 weeks into the season Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

7.2 weeks into the season

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

7.2 weeks into the season Empty 7.2 weeks into the season

Post by Just Curious 30/10/13, 08:55 am

What is the biggest surprise?
Biggest disappointments?

Working out pretty much as I thought.
The top 7 teams are still the top 7
We do have DT knocking on the door for that 7th spot
they have tied 2 top 7 teams and lost to 1
they have a tough game this Saturday vs FCD Gold

Seems like we have to wait until spring for the top 7 to really start playing each other on a weekly basis

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

7.2 weeks into the season Empty Re: 7.2 weeks into the season

Post by herradura 31/10/13, 09:00 am

Just Curious wrote:What is the biggest surprise?
Biggest disappointments?

Working out pretty much as I thought.
The top 7 teams are still the top 7
We do have DT knocking on the door for that 7th spot
they have tied 2 top 7 teams and lost to 1
they have a tough game this Saturday vs FCD Gold

Seems like we have to wait until spring for the top 7 to really start playing each other on a weekly basis
There is a visible point gap forming between potential D1 and D2 teams.

I think the last three games will tie up many loose ends on pecking order - enough to make some confident assertions at least.  So I will save my commentary until all 10 fall games have been played.

I will however say that DT03 and Sting West are the two biggest surprises of the division so far - I would have expected their results to be flip-flopped.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 31/10/13, 09:35 am

I don't post much, but as a professional forum creeper I'll say that I've never seen Herradura "save her commentary" for anything.

Agree that the season is mostly playing out about as expected and the spring half will be interesting.

Man you guys sure are quiet now compared to the good old " '03 Division Outlook" post days of old. Hope everyone's having fun!
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Interpreter 31/10/13, 10:53 am

Biggest surprise to me is F ever. I  thought they were  truly a D1 caliber  team  but have proven unworthy  so far in the super group.  Maybe  the Coach  will  regroup and have a better  run in the Spring. I  never would have imagined  them  to be at the very bottom of the pack.

Biggest disappointment  to me is LP Elite.  They lack the luster they had going into the season. Offensively  way behind  all the teams ahead of them. Defensively  they still appear  to be a good solid team.  LW  needs  to find  his  forward  some help.  The one against 4  is not working out so well.

I agree all  others seem to be along the path as expected with the exception of Sting West. This team has me puzzled. While  once a  very  strong  team all  around,  it appears they  can't  find a  rhythm. Could it have been the Coaching change?  DT03 & Sting Hilton both transitioned nicely under the helm of a new coach but hey each team is different.

Lochwood  warned  us about FCD South Blue a while back  but  I'm guessing  he was a bit premature  with his warning.  Started  from the Bottom  did the same  with LP Barnes,  maybe he was also a  bit  premature. Barnes however seems to be in a far better position right now though but it will only get worse as they will have Solar Red, Sting Gut, FCD Gold, DTS and FCD Prem on their Spring schedule.  

It will be interesting  to see how the rest  of the season  plays out.  The  Spring  will be full  of  competitive  games  on a  more  weekly  basis.    Who will be the team  to give  Solar Red a  run  for the title?   Will  it be DTS, FCD Gold, Sting G or even sooner for the challenge, LP Elite. Their defense might be strong enough to hold off the Solar attack but can LP manage to score on Solar???  We shall see in about 2 weeks.

If I had to predict who will remain in D1 & who will comprise D2 I would think it would be something like this & in no particular order.  D1 would be the current Top eight in the most recent LHGCL standings along with Cosmos and FWFC Black.  D2 = everyone else.   Is it possible for anyone to drop all the way to D3 after this year and have the top finisher from D3 move up or does that happen only after the 2nd year of Select? More importantly which of these teams will not still be around next year?  

Good luck to all the teams, those mentioned and those not. Still a lot more soccer to be played.  Best advice to all is to keep em healthy and happy and enjoy these moments while they last.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 31/10/13, 11:12 am

What is the biggest surprise?  No cops have been called to any of the games yet. affraid Shocked 
Biggest disappointments?   No cops have been called to any of the games yet.   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Everyone has been on their best behavior since LHGCL started.   Oh how I miss the days of TGPL and the drama that went along with it.   Good job to all the teams for keeping it somewhat classy.  cheers

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 31/10/13, 12:41 pm

YRUH8N wrote:What is the biggest surprise?  No cops have been called to any of the games yet. affraid Shocked 
Biggest disappointments?   No cops have been called to any of the games yet.   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Everyone has been on their best behavior since LHGCL started.   Oh how I miss the days of TGPL and the drama that went along with it.   Good job to all the teams for keeping it somewhat classy.  cheers
Haha, maybe when the D1 pressure cooker gets turned up this spring some cra-cra will show back up. If not, we always have the 04s going select to look forward to...Twisted Evil 
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/13, 01:49 pm

D1 would be the current Top eight in the most recent LHGCL standings along with Cosmos and FWFC Black. D2 = everyone else

lol, guess your daughter and her friend play on the cosmos and fwfc. the top 10 now will be the top ten at the end of the season. cosmos, fwfc, definitely d2...

Back to top Go down

Post by Interpreter 31/10/13, 02:41 pm

silentparent wrote:D1 would be the current Top eight in the most recent LHGCL standings along with Cosmos and FWFC Black.  D2 = everyone else

lol, guess your daughter and her friend play on the cosmos and fwfc. the top 10 now will be the top ten at the end of the season. cosmos, fwfc, definitely d2...

And what if she does? I am entitled to an opinion right? Besides a person can be a little optimistic.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/13, 02:42 pm

silentparent wrote:

There are 4 teams with 7 points at 2-1-4.  I would think that all of those teams are still in the hunt.  Plus 2 more teams with six points that shouldn't be eliminated already.  This group of 6 includes both Cosmos and FWFC so I don't count those teams out (regardless of where my daughter and her friends play).

I think that Herradura and Interpreter have valid points: lets see where the teams stand at the intermission and take a look at strength of remaining opponents for the final 9 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/13, 02:44 pm

PlanoBound wrote:
silentparent wrote:

There are 4 teams with 7 points at 2-1-4.  I would think that all of those teams are still in the hunt.  Plus 2 more teams with six points that shouldn't be eliminated already.  This group of 6 includes both Cosmos and FWFC so I don't count those teams out (regardless of where my daughter and her friends play).

I think that Herradura and Interpreter have valid points: lets see where the teams stand at the intermission and take a look at strength of remaining opponents for the final 9 games.
cosmos, fwfc d2......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/13, 03:00 pm

silentparent wrote:
PlanoBound wrote:
silentparent wrote:

cosmos, fwfc d2......
So Andro is the 10th team in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/13, 03:06 pm

PlanoBound wrote:
silentparent wrote:
PlanoBound wrote:
silentparent wrote:

cosmos, fwfc d2......
So Andro is the 10th team in?
i think they skate in due to strong defense, we'll see..

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 01/11/13, 12:51 am

Does the D1/D2 stratification happen this Fall?  Or does it happen in the Spring?

If it happens in the Spring, then anything outside the top 5 is a ridiculous thing to try to call right now...but that obviously doesn't stop many fools from trying.

Teams 6-15 all played multiple games where the goal differential was 1 or it was a draw:  
Sting Hilton:  5 games
Sting Gutierrez:  4 games
Liverpool Elite:  4 games
Texans Girls Dallas:  4 games
Cosmos:  5 games
Rush:  6 games
Andromeda:  5 games
Barnes:  4 games
FC Dallas Red:  3 games
FWFC:  3 games
Keegan:  7 games

Since teams 6-15 played that many close games, it only took one unluck/lucky shot to be up/down in the standings.  If Keegan just connects on 3 more shots, they are in the top 10.  If Gutierrez misses 3 shots, they aren't in the top 10.

If stratification happens next year, then I doubt the peanut gallery psychics are right about the top 8.  Top 5, perhaps.  

If stratification happens this year, then the top 8 are already settled and the only thing left to fight for is #9 and #10.  Given the remaining schedule, I'd say those last two spots would most likely be Cosmos and either Rush or Barnes.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/11/13, 06:34 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:Does the D1/D2 stratification happen this Fall?  Or does it happen in the Spring?

If it happens in the Spring, then anything outside the top 5 is a ridiculous thing to try to call right now...but that obviously doesn't stop many fools from trying.

Teams 6-15 all played multiple games where the goal differential was 1 or it was a draw:  

Since teams 6-15 played that many close games, it only took one unluck/lucky shot to be up/down in the standings.  If Keegan just connects on 3 more shots, they are in the top 10.  If Gutierrez misses 3 shots, they aren't in the top 10.

If stratification happens next year, then I doubt the peanut gallery psychics are right about the top 8.  Top 5, perhaps.  

If stratification happens this year, then the top 8 are already settled and the only thing left to fight for is #9 and #10.  Given the remaining schedule, I'd say those last two spots would most likely be Cosmos and either Rush or Barnes.
and with your post, welcome to the peanut gallery.....geek 

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 01/11/13, 07:12 am

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:Does the D1/D2 stratification happen this Fall?  Or does it happen in the Spring?

Thank you for the welcome, but do you know if stratification happens this fall or in the spring?
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 01/11/13, 07:17 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Thank you for the welcome, but do you know if stratification happens this fall or in the spring?
Not until the spring season is finished.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 01/11/13, 09:07 am

Its really not that hard to figure out. It is a race to 30pts. If your team makes it past that mark - they are assured a spot in D1 plain and simple.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Questionforyou 01/11/13, 09:30 am

herradura wrote:Its really not that hard to figure out. It is a race to 30pts. If your team makes it past that mark - they are assured a spot in D1 plain and simple.
How did you get 30 as the magic number?
Questionforyou
Questionforyou
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 01/11/13, 09:33 am

Questionforyou wrote:
herradura wrote:Its really not that hard to figure out. It is a race to 30pts. If your team makes it past that mark - they are assured a spot in D1 plain and simple.
25 is the magic number and has been the cutoff point the past two years for the top 10 teams at u11
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/11/13, 10:28 am

Pinnochio wrote:
Questionforyou wrote:
25 is the magic number and has been the cutoff point the past two years for the top 10 teams at u11
Since LH went to the 20 team U11 Supergroup format with the '99's, every team scoring 25 points or more has made D1 for U12. One team with 24 made D1, one team with 24 made D2.

So while not an absolute, 25 does appear to be the "magic number". 30 gives a team plenty of breathing room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 01/11/13, 10:48 am

I'd be interested in seeing rankings based off of strength of schedule to date. Out of the current standings, you really can't accurately predict, but if you had the strength thrown in there, you could probably get closer??

BW????

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/11/13, 12:57 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:

Most people familiar with the '03 teams would say FC Dallas Premier is a lock to make D1.  That puts the number up to 6 certain teams.

If 25 really is the magic number than Sting Hilton only needs to win 3 more games (and throw in a tie) the rest of the season.  That puts the number up to 7 certain teams.

Without looking at schedules, Texans and LP Rush only need 4 more wins with 12/11 games left to play.  That puts the number of likely D1 teams up to 9.

Now I am not saying I'll bet my house on those 9 teams (probably the first 6), but I wouldn't say that it is ridiculous to try and predict past #5 (nor is this nearly the most foolish discussion on these boards).

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 01/11/13, 01:07 pm

Interpreter wrote:Biggest surprise to me is F ever. I  thought they were  truly a D1 caliber  team  but have proven unworthy  so far in the super group.  Maybe  the Coach  will  regroup and have a better  run in the Spring. I  never would have imagined  them  to be at the very bottom of the pack.

Biggest disappointment  to me is LP Elite.  They lack the luster they had going into the season. Offensively  way behind  all the teams ahead of them. Defensively  they still appear  to be a good solid team.  LW  needs  to find  his  forward  some help.  The one against 4  is not working out so well.

I agree all  others seem to be along the path as expected with the exception of Sting West. This team has me puzzled. While  once a  very  strong  team all  around,  it appears they  can't  find a  rhythm. Could it have been the Coaching change?  DT03 & Sting Hilton both transitioned nicely under the helm of a new coach but hey each team is different.

Lochwood  warned  us about FCD South Blue a while back  but  I'm guessing  he was a bit premature  with his warning.  Started  from the Bottom  did the same  with LP Barnes,  maybe he was also a  bit  premature. Barnes however seems to be in a far better position right now though but it will only get worse as they will have Solar Red, Sting Gut, FCD Gold, DTS and FCD Prem on their Spring schedule.  

It will be interesting  to see how the rest  of the season  plays out.  The  Spring  will be full  of  competitive  games  on a  more  weekly  basis.    Who will be the team  to give  Solar Red a  run  for the title?   Will  it be DTS, FCD Gold, Sting G or even sooner for the challenge, LP Elite. Their defense might be strong enough to hold off the Solar attack but can LP manage to score on Solar???  We shall see in about 2 weeks.

If I had to predict who will remain in D1 & who will comprise D2 I would think it would be something like this & in no particular order.  D1 would be the current Top eight in the most recent LHGCL standings along with Cosmos and FWFC Black.  D2 = everyone else.   Is it possible for anyone to drop all the way to D3 after this year and have the top finisher from D3 move up or does that happen only after the 2nd year of Select? More importantly which of these teams will not still be around next year?  

Good luck to all the teams, those mentioned and those not. Still a lot more soccer to be played.  Best advice to all is to keep em healthy and happy and enjoy these moments while they last.
U11 Promotion / Relegation:
D1 - Top Ten from Super Group
D2 - #'s 11 through 18 from Super Group, top 2 finishers from D3
D3 - #'s 19 & 20 from Super Group, then not sure of the D3 teams how many keep their bye and how many spots for qualification. Sorry, someone else can do the research
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/11/13, 01:18 pm

Promotion/Relegation/Byes U11
Byes will be based on total points earned throughout the entire soccer year.

U11 DI = 20 Teams
1st thru 10th place earn a BYE and remain in DI
11th thru 18th place earn a BYE and form DII
19th and 20th place earn a BYE and move to DIII

U11 DIII = 10 Teams
1st and 2nd place earn a BYE and move to DII
3rd thru 6th place earn a BYE and remain in DIII
7th thru 10th place do not receive a BYE and must re-qualify
There will be 4 open spots for DIII in QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/11/13, 02:03 pm

PlanoBound wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

Most people familiar with the '03 teams would say FC Dallas Premier is a lock to make D1.  That puts the number up to 6 certain teams.

If 25 really is the magic number than Sting Hilton only needs to win 3 more games (and throw in a tie) the rest of the season.  That puts the number up to 7 certain teams.

Without looking at schedules, Texans and LP Rush only need 4 more wins with 12/11 games left to play.  That puts the number of likely D1 teams up to 9.

Now I am not saying I'll bet my house on those 9 teams (probably the first 6), but I wouldn't say that it is ridiculous to try and predict past #5 (nor is this nearly the most foolish discussion on these boards).
this is well put and those deep in the hole get an ever increasing impossible hill to climb mathematically....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next