North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Cup Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Texas Cup Predictions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Texas Cup Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Cup Predictions

Post by Zizou 30/11/13, 08:55 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:
It's a Sting tourney....the club essentially requires them to participate..then throws them to the lions
I didn't realize it was a Sting Tournament - no wonder the brackets were set the way they were. . .

So question on scoring...they clip the max number of "Goals For" at 5 per game if you shut the other team out?  Looking on the other side, it looks like Goals Against can be the true score?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  Anyone ever see this kind of Goals For scoring before?

FCD Premier scored 7, they show 6
Hilton scored 9, they show 7
SRSA scored 26, they show 10

Max goals for a game, I think is capped at five, for the tie breaker.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 30/11/13, 09:56 am

Amigos wrote:

Max goals for a game, I think is capped at five, for the tie breaker.
Seems like there would be no need for a tie breaker if they went with actual goal differentials.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 30/11/13, 06:49 pm

Does anyone know why Lonestar was not the 3rd wildcard?
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/11/13, 11:03 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:Does anyone know why Lonestar was not the 3rd wildcard?
They were, 5-1 Solar Chelsea Red 03
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 01/12/13, 02:19 pm

Is today the day SRSA becomes beatable? FCD Premier has been having a good run. Solar only won by one in the semi's.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 01/12/13, 03:38 pm

Nope still unbeatable. ..2-1 SRSA. ..IN THE FINALS. ..
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 01/12/13, 04:53 pm

Guess the sun will still come up tomorrow. I saw a few of their games. They are still a great team. But it appears a few teams are starting to close the gap. FCD Premier is definitely seems to be a team on the rise. I caught part of one of their games too. Impressive.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 02/12/13, 11:16 am

Tight games… Makes me wonder if a certain two Surf Cup players will use the club pass and show up on SRSA sideline when they play FCD Gold and DT South in the spring… on the other hand - it would be out of character for AS to do something like that.

Winning isn't everything you know Twisted Evil
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 02/12/13, 12:08 pm

Nice showing by FCD Premier this weekend. I watched them play once and was very impressed, from speaking with a few parents it sounds like they are finally getting healthy. If that truly is the case and made that much of a difference then they are definitely a team to watch out for in the second half of the season.

Man a gold and silver split would have been nice for some of these teams. Nothing like paying all that money and knowing that you have almost zero chance of pulling out a win or even a tie. However in some instances it is nice to simply play another team that you normally don't play but some of the scores were just ugly.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 02/12/13, 12:27 pm

If it hadn't been for a really questionable ref call 30 seconds till the end of the game, DTS would have taken SRSA into overtime in the semifinals. Regardless, it was some pretty soccer. It's a shame they didn't get to fight it out the right way. Spring will be fun.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 02/12/13, 02:14 pm

The ref made bad calls the whole game. He was TERRIBLE. ....

FCD did look sharp!!!The foward up top added more fire power...
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 02/12/13, 02:23 pm

lostntexas wrote:The ref made bad calls the whole game. He was TERRIBLE. ....

FCD did look sharp!!!The foward up top added more fire power...
Ya think? Laughing 
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 02/12/13, 03:01 pm

I honestly expected more goals out of SRSA. I must learn to manage my expectations better.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisNameIsCool 02/12/13, 04:11 pm

Socceristheword wrote:If it hadn't been for a really questionable ref call 30 seconds till the end of the game, DTS would have taken SRSA into overtime in the semifinals.  Regardless, it was some pretty soccer.  It's a shame they didn't get to fight it out the right way.  Spring will be fun.
Not sure I would have called a PK in that situation, but Solar did dominate 98% of the game. DT's goal was a well executed counter attack. Which leads me to your comment "pretty soccer". I've yet to see a team attempt to play anything like SRSA....building out of the back, or really string more than a few passes together with any intent. The kick and run, athletic game power game is as prevelant as ever around here. But its far from pretty.
ThisNameIsCool
ThisNameIsCool
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 02/12/13, 04:56 pm

What I meant by pretty soccer was where SRSA was offensively strong - DTS was defensively strong. It looked like a soccer game of chess. That's my opinion but I think that's why it was a tie until the last minutes of the game.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 03/12/13, 09:16 am

ThisNameIsCool wrote:
Socceristheword wrote:If it hadn't been for a really questionable ref call 30 seconds till the end of the game, DTS would have taken SRSA into overtime in the semifinals.  Regardless, it was some pretty soccer.  It's a shame they didn't get to fight it out the right way.  Spring will be fun.
Not sure I would have called a PK in that situation, but Solar did dominate 98% of the game.  DT's goal was a well executed counter attack.  Which leads me to your comment "pretty soccer".  I've yet to see a team attempt to play anything like SRSA....building out of the back, or really string more than a few passes together with any intent.  The kick and run, athletic game power game is as prevelant as ever around here.  But its far from pretty.  
I have not seen all the teams in D1 play, but there are other teams other than SRSA that are trying to play a possession style of soccer. I will tout Sting Hilton as one that is playing possession with a purpose style and I really like how FC Dallas Premier played this weekend. When we played DT South this Fall they controlled the possession and did not play direct unless the situation dictated it. IMO, whenever you go up against a team at this age that is bigger, stronger, faster and more technical, the weaker teams tend to play kick ball, mainly, just trying to clear the ball out of their defensive end of the field. In the coming years, the possession teams will be able to play the ball out of the back effectively, this does not happen overnight. Yes, you are correct, at this point in time no one will be able to play anything like SRSA but you will see the gap close as the girls get older.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 03/12/13, 09:44 am

soccer315 wrote:
ThisNameIsCool wrote:
Not sure I would have called a PK in that situation, but Solar did dominate 98% of the game.  DT's goal was a well executed counter attack.  Which leads me to your comment "pretty soccer".  I've yet to see a team attempt to play anything like SRSA....building out of the back, or really string more than a few passes together with any intent.  The kick and run, athletic game power game is as prevelant as ever around here.  But its far from pretty.  
I have not seen all the teams in D1 play, but there are other teams other than SRSA that are trying to play a possession style of soccer.  I will tout Sting Hilton as one that is playing possession with a purpose style and I really like how FC Dallas Premier played this weekend.  When we played DT South this Fall they controlled the possession and did not play direct unless the situation dictated it.  IMO, whenever you go up against a team at this age that is bigger, stronger, faster and more technical, the weaker teams tend to play kick ball,  mainly, just trying to clear the ball out of their defensive end of the field.  In the coming years, the possession teams will be able to play the ball out of the back effectively, this does not happen overnight.  Yes, you are correct, at this point in time no one will be able to play anything like SRSA but you will see the gap close as the girls get older.
Agree

SRSA parents are the only ones who think no one else plays "SRSA style of possession" but that is false.

You see it with many 03 teams,  the top 04 teams and even some 05 teams now. It is just the case of getting advanced players together early and coaching them correctly.

Sooner than later, all D1 players will be at similar levels of "advanced". That is when ECNL shows up...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 10:11 am

What makes srsa a great team is that they play possession in the GAME. Most teams play possession in practice and fall to pieces under the pressure of a real game. The fact that they do it at 10 is fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 03/12/13, 01:04 pm

silentparent wrote:What makes srsa a great team is that they play possession in the GAME. Most teams play possession in practice and fall to pieces under the pressure of a real game. The fact that they do it at 10 is fantastic.
Bingo!

It goes back to the old saying: "Play like you practice and practice like you play."

Few teams do that.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 04/12/13, 11:05 am

That's what's so remarkable is that they have been doing it since they were 6 or 7 years old. There seems to be one group each age group that just seems to get it before everyone else does. I'm sure it's part environment and then part God given natural abilities of the girls.

Other teams will catch up to them eventually because there are so many quality athletes around this area that as teams die out and fade away the top talent will get funneled to the top clubs. At the end of the day you can only put 11 players on the field and if DTS and FCD Prem can play them this close, just imagine what will happen when FCD puts Prem and Gold together for ECNL and Sting pulls from Sting G, Hilton, and all their other teams. It's just the nature of the beast.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 04/12/13, 11:49 am

herradura wrote:
soccer315 wrote:
ThisNameIsCool wrote:
I have not seen all the teams in D1 play, but there are other teams other than SRSA that are trying to play a possession style of soccer.  I will tout Sting Hilton as one that is playing possession with a purpose style and I really like how FC Dallas Premier played this weekend.  When we played DT South this Fall they controlled the possession and did not play direct unless the situation dictated it.  IMO, whenever you go up against a team at this age that is bigger, stronger, faster and more technical, the weaker teams tend to play kick ball,  mainly, just trying to clear the ball out of their defensive end of the field.  In the coming years, the possession teams will be able to play the ball out of the back effectively, this does not happen overnight.  Yes, you are correct, at this point in time no one will be able to play anything like SRSA but you will see the gap close as the girls get older.
Agree

SRSA parents are the only ones who think no one else plays "SRSA style of possession" but that is false.

You see it with many 03 teams,  the top 04 teams and even some 05 teams now. It is just the case of getting advanced players together early and coaching them correctly.

Sooner than later, all D1 players will be at similar levels of "advanced". That is when ECNL shows up...
Not even close….

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 04/12/13, 12:14 pm

Got to love 3 word responses from those who do not have the capacity or insight to expand....
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 04/12/13, 12:25 pm

herradura wrote:Got to love 3 word responses from those who do not have the capacity or insight to expand....
Or realizes when expanding upon the obvious is completely unnecessary if the OP really believes she posted something even semi-intelligent or realistic.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 04/12/13, 12:34 pm

Itsme wrote:
herradura wrote:Got to love 3 word responses from those who do not have the capacity or insight to expand....
Or realizes when expanding upon the obvious is completely unnecessary if the OP really believes she posted something even semi-intelligent or realistic.  

Yawn... I guess reality will reveal itself to the dillusional in a couple of years.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2