2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» What a year
by Cam203030 Today at 04:39 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - February 1-4, 2018
by U90C Today at 04:34 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by musaisaya Today at 03:05 pm

» Quiet Forum
by Zizou Today at 01:49 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by timmyh Yesterday at 04:12 pm

» Sting Dallas 2011 Weigelt
by sting08 Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:43 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:13 am

» GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:50 am

» Triumph 08g North FW, Keller, Roanoke
by Hmeleven Yesterday at 08:37 am

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:26 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:25 pm

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 03:18 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:01 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:00 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 02:59 pm

» Longhorns 3v3 girls 00s
by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 02:31 pm

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 13-14
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:39 am

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:38 am

» 05 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:37 am

» Shooters 2010 Looking to Add players
by Ericsal 13/12/17, 06:49 am

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:36 am

» Texas Spurs 09 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:35 am

» Texas Spurs 08 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:34 am

» Solar 09G Covey-2 teams
by skipper 12/12/17, 10:50 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11462 registered users
The newest registered user is FCTB

Our users have posted a total of 166102 messages in 20918 subjects

Legacy Freedom Cup teams?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legacy Freedom Cup teams?

Post by FCDallas#9 on 02/02/14, 01:54 pm

cyclops

FCDallas#9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 02/02/14, 02:07 pm

jamestren wrote:Go99 ->. I just looked and saw the 03 and 04 teams bracketed together.  That's definitely a bummer.  But...   You were with our clubs B team and another area team that is awful.   Our girls got bracketed with a decent sting Mendoza team.  Everyone has a little home cooking, but the bracket wasn't stacked against or for anyone.  And them we played you in the semis.   So you played 3 OK teams and 1 dallas team.  That isn't exactly like you "knocking each other out"....    And.   Your 04 team in that bracket lost to our 03 B team, who advanced to semis.  Meaning the way the bracket worked, your 03 and 04 team could have advanced?

I believe Go99 was referring to the RASE '04 team which traveled to Tulsa to play:

LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS RASE vs. STING '03 GIRLS - MENDOZA (3-3)
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS RASE vs. NOKC 03 GIRLS RED (4-0)
FC DALLAS EAST 03G PREDATOR vs. LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS RASE (3-0)

And from what I recalled looking back, if TSC HURRICANE TSCH 03 - AMOS (OK) won their bracket, first round semi's would have been against FC DALLAS EAST 03G PREDATOR (Now, FC Dallas Gold '03).  But some how, it was switched around to avoid them.  While your team had a less than stellar schedule to advance...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=24895&ApplicationID=1743006

Sounds like a bit of home cooking. Must have been a way of getting back at RASE '04 for beating your team in last years 2013 Legacy Freedom Cup
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 02/02/14, 02:20 pm

My DD played up last season, so I don't recall the specifics. I do know Amos played sting Mendoza, LP Rase 03, and FC Dallas East and they were all great games. Any club ever who has hosted tilts the brackets a bit. I'd rather have 8 killer teams (5 from Dallas, us, top team in KC, and top in St. Louis). Let's get that group, take the gloves off, and play soccer. I don't want any easy games. If rather lose three games to the top teams than have an easy bracket.

It does happen in reverse though, and everyone knows it. If your top 5 teams came, I'd even go to our director and convince him to seed us after those five. Shoot, maybe we can include some of the top 02 teams from OK to add to the mix. I just want to watch good soccer teams play good soccer, period. Let's go Dallas!

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 02/02/14, 02:23 pm

Be careful arguing with jamestren, the next time they come down his team will key your cars Smile

Glad you all made it home safe. You've got a very good team, definitely worthy of top 5 talk, no doubt a DI caliber team. The only problem I see for you guys is that you don't get to face quality teams week after week. Hopefully you can make a few more trips down.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 02/02/14, 02:30 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
jamestren wrote:Go99 ->. I just looked and saw the 03 and 04 teams bracketed together.  That's definitely a bummer.  But...   You were with our clubs B team and another area team that is awful.   Our girls got bracketed with a decent sting Mendoza team.  Everyone has a little home cooking, but the bracket wasn't stacked against or for anyone.  And them we played you in the semis.   So you played 3 OK teams and 1 dallas team.  That isn't exactly like you "knocking each other out"....    And.   Your 04 team in that bracket lost to our 03 B team, who advanced to semis.  Meaning the way the bracket worked, your 03 and 04 team could have advanced?

I believe Go99 was referring to the RASE '04 team which traveled to Tulsa to play:

LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS RASE vs. STING '03 GIRLS - MENDOZA (3-3)
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS RASE vs. NOKC 03 GIRLS RED (4-0)
FC DALLAS EAST 03G PREDATOR vs. LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 04 GIRLS RASE (3-0)

And from what I recalled looking back, if TSC HURRICANE TSCH 03 - AMOS (OK) won their bracket, first round semi's would have been against FC DALLAS EAST 03G PREDATOR (Now, FC Dallas Gold '03).  But some how, it was switched around to avoid them.  While your team had a less than stellar schedule to advance...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=24895&ApplicationID=1743006

Sounds like a bit of home cooking.  Must have been a way of getting back at RASE '04 for beating your team in last years 2013 Legacy Freedom Cup  

yes this is the experience I am talking about that definitely soured our parents on a return trip
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 02/02/14, 02:42 pm

I believe seeding for 2013 Lexus Cup was 1) LP Rase 03 ( at that time ranked #2 N Texas) 2) FC Dallas East ( I believe was 3 or 4 for N Texas).... 3) TSCH 03 Amos 4) Sting Mendoza ( was somewhere in the 5-10 range) 5) LP 04 Rase 6) TSCH 03 Winters 7) LP 04 Danglish Cool NOKC Red 9) NYSA Fury and 10) NEOFC.... Teams 1-3 advanced and team 6 got the wild card... Since team 1 and 6 where in the same division then team 1 played team 3 and the winner of the B bracket got the wildcard...

From my seat, I don't care where you seed us. I will tell you we got seeded poorly at Plano, but did just fine against higher seeds. This weekend, LP seeded us behind all three of their teams, which we now know is just a little silly. In fact, I think we were the 8 seed. Our parents always get frustrated by lopsided brackets. I don't care though. If we want to be one of the best, we gotta play the better teams.

I didn't do the brackets, and it sounds like it was frustrating, but there's only one or us in our age division up here and 10 of you. It's hard to balance the brackets perfectly. You guys come, and I don't care who does the brackets.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 02/02/14, 02:51 pm

jamestren wrote:I believe seeding for 2013 Lexus Cup was 1) LP Rase 03 ( at that time ranked #2 N Texas)  2) FC Dallas East ( I believe was 3 or 4 for N Texas).... 3) TSCH 03 Amos 4) Sting Mendoza ( was somewhere in the 5-10 range) 5) LP 04 Rase 6) TSCH 03 Winters 7) LP 04 Danglish 8)NOKC Red 9) NYSA Fury and 10) NEOFC.... Teams 1-3 advanced and team 6 got the wild card... Since team 1 and 6 where in the same division then team 1 played team 3 and the winner of the B bracket got the wildcard...

From my seat, I don't care where you seed us.  I will tell you we got seeded poorly at Plano, but did just fine against higher seeds.  This weekend, LP seeded us behind all three of their teams, which we now know is just a little silly.  In fact, I think we were the 8 seed.  Our parents always get frustrated by lopsided brackets.  I don't care though.  If we want to be one of the best, we gotta play the better teams.  

I didn't do the brackets, and it sounds like it was frustrating, but there's only one or us in our age division up here and 10 of you.  It's hard to balance the brackets perfectly.  You guys come, and I don't care who does the brackets.  

Understood. I guess playing #9 and #10 in pool play, worked in your teams favor. All good.  lol! 
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 02/02/14, 02:58 pm

On a serious note. Rase 04 is constantly trying to prove their mettle against some of the top 03 teams. I didn't realize the bracket play, and I get it since you came here. However, playing a game against a bad Oklahoma 03 team surely doesn't trump the fact that you got three games against great competition. It does sound like the deck was not in your favor for scheduling, but those are games you don't even get down there on a regular basis because you are stuck in 03 Silver when you play up sometimes.

Anyways, I can't defend the bracketing. If we came down there and played three Oklahoma teams I would be pissed to, but for different reasons. Is be pissed because they would be horrible games.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 02/02/14, 03:02 pm

By the way-

We played #4,8,9 and FC Dallas played #5, 8, 9 and LP Rase 03 played #6, 7, 10.... All had similar experience in their bracket play...

If you come back, I'll figure out a way to make you guys the 1 seed.

Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 02/02/14, 04:41 pm

I can see all of the bracketing but a TD should also try to consider the traveling teams. Maybe it's different coming from NTX. I can see how teams in tulsa travel down in search of tough competition. There are plenty of tough games to be had right here in NTX. The main reason to travel is to see some new faces. So you can see how traveling to see the same faces can be a bitter pill to swallow. For the record I have seen you guys in tournaments here with your 04 team that at times looked like TD's ducking you guys. Or PLD boys 04. They moved RASE from gold to silver and then threw all of the out of town teams in the same bracket with them because the locals didn't want to play girls.
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02/02/14, 09:55 pm

jamestren wrote:By the way-  

If you come back, I'll figure out a way to make you guys the 1 seed.  

Smile

WOW!  That and you get to play against the girl "considered the best '03 in Oklahoma...".  How could any NTX team pass that up???

Although I thought you had to play against the top '02 team in Oklahoma that plays up in the top '01 competitive league to do that?  What happened with that?  Did geo-caching and D&B finally get in the way???

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 03/02/14, 03:31 am

You know it's hard for anyone to keep up with the legend that is NTX soccer. What with the surf cups and vegas cups and #1 national rankings, and invites to California, and fully scholarshipped teams, and all of college scholarships to Texas your girls got in the 2nd grade and such. Were just a meager Oklahoma team trying to survive on your crumbs gopher. We gave up on the 2-a-day practices trying to keep up. You guys finally convinced us that being the #1 team in Oklahoma is like winning a beauty pageant in a dog show. Just glad Oklahoma sits directly North of Texas so we catch a nice suntan off the reflection of the glory that is NTX. Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03/02/14, 07:06 am

you are posting this at 330 in the morning about 11 year old girls soccer? umm time for a reality check....

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 03/02/14, 07:29 am

I appreciate your concern about my sleep schedule Smile

This forum is a vanity contest for NTX parents to brag about their DD, call out the coaches, or stir the competition pot a little. Someone from OK posts, and you feel like someone is marking their territory on your tree. I have always loved coming down to play. I regularly comment that you have the best teams, and that we enjoy playing them. Everything I posted was positive , and the goal was to try to convince a couple of teams to come up and participate in the Lexus Cup. In return I get "everything is bigger in Texas" and passive aggressive posts referencing 2-year old posts trying to take something out of context. And now silent parent worried about the hour of the day I post.

Seriously guys. I know how the gang mentality works, but ease up a bit. My DD and her 15 friends work hard and are pretty good at soccer (like many of yours). We regularly spend $400-$500 several times a year per family to come participate in your tournaments, stay in your hotels, and dine in your restaurants.

You are right silent parent, this is 11 year old soccer. It doesn't need to be the Red River Rivalry. The truth is our lives are all pretty damn similar because they revolve around our kids the same way.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 03/02/14, 08:08 am

I don't care for that tournament but I like the TSC team. The club is putting out solid teams across multiple age groups.
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03/02/14, 08:54 am

jamestren wrote:  I appreciate your concern about my sleep schedule Smile

This forum is a vanity contest for NTX parents to brag about their DD, call out the coaches, or stir the competition pot a little.   Someone from OK posts, and you feel like someone is marking their territory on your tree.  I have always loved coming down to play.  I regularly comment that you have the best teams, and that we enjoy playing them.  Everything I posted was positive , and the goal was to try to convince a couple of teams to come up and participate in the Lexus Cup.   In return I get "everything is bigger in Texas" and passive aggressive posts referencing 2-year old posts trying to take something out of context.   And now silent parent worried about the hour of the day I post.  

Seriously guys.  I know how the gang mentality works, but ease up a bit.  My DD and her 15 friends work hard and are pretty good at soccer (like many of yours). We regularly spend $400-$500 several times a year per family to come participate in your tournaments, stay in your hotels, and dine in your restaurants.  

You are right silent parent, this is 11 year old soccer.  It doesn't need to be the Red River Rivalry.  The truth is our lives are all pretty damn similar because they revolve around our kids the same way.  

I actually agree with you somewhat. I think the problem is that people see Oklahoma as having one main outlet for soccer and channeling all the best kids there. where north texas has hundreds of teams and a diffusion of talent. I have always enjoyed ok tournaments for what it's worth. Now get some sleep, we will still be here during regular business hours... tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 03/02/14, 10:38 am

It's really a no win situation for them in this tournament. Win it and people would say that they didn't face any of the top teams in NTX, lose a game and people would have said that they couldn't even beat teams barely in the Top 10 or below (not my opinion just stating what I would guess the board repsonse would be, don't want any parents from those teams getting pissed at me).

After looking at it though, I can't really tell where there's really too much of an issue with the seedings for the tournament. Unfortunately some of the TD's simply go off rankings so when you break down the brackets to total for Bracket A was 17 and the total ranking for Bracket B was 19. A simple snake with the seedings would have resulted in both Tulsa teams being in the same pool so it looks like they switched Cosmos and TSC (4th and 3rd seeds according to rankings). Now of course that means having Odyssey some how seeded as #2 but if you simply go off the gotsoccer rankings and make that one move to keep the Tulsa teams from playing each other it makes sense.

I wish they would come down more often, they do seem to make the board more lively, in a non Cruz Azul way.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 03/02/14, 03:59 pm

Got to love smack talkers from afar. Funny how they shut up properly after showing up to face the top teams (A good example is our friends from Lubbock).

And before the Okies start going off about games you won a year and a half ago… things have changed a bit since then. Nothing against your team - you guys play a good brand of dump and run soccer, but lets not get too big for our britches  Smile 
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 03/02/14, 05:34 pm

Dump and run??? Hmmm. Me thinks you've never actually seen a game if that's your analysis. We connect more passes than every team we've ever played in Dallas, including the games we've lost. If anything, we are weak over the top because we lack crazy speed at the forward position. Dump and run is the opposite of our style (sometimes to a fault)

And wins or ties in the last 12 months include LP Elite, LP Rush, Sting Hilton, Sting Mendoza, and LP Keagan. We've also had friendlies with a few more that we've tied or beaten.

The only other top 5 team we've faced in the past 12 months is FCD Gold, losing 1-0 and 3-0. The reason FCD has an advantage is because they are dump and run. They send through balls to the corners and run on. This causes our defense all sorts of issues as we play tight on the ball defense.

I'm honored you took the time to post, but your analysis couldn't be more wrong.

Who's your top 5? Srsa? Okay, I'll give you that one without an argument? DT South? We last played them three years ago. Big and fast, would definitely cause cover issues. FCD Gold? Okay, they are 2-0 in past 12 months, so I give them the slight edge. LP Elite? We are 1-1 in past 12 months (and our loss in Plano came off set plays). Who's next? FCD Premiere? Another very good team. Are you sure we can't "hang"? Sting Hilton? Won that game in Plano (on a side note, this is the best pure soccer team we have played, very skilled, plays soccer instead of kick and run, skilled forwards and not just athletes).

We are not Cruz Azul. We've produced results despite limited action. And remember I never claimed we were top 5, merely that we want to play your top 5. Different story. If you don't want to come here, let's plan something and we'll come back there. If your top 5 leave an imprint on our behinds I'll get back on and say "Texas rules and Oklahoma drools". Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03/02/14, 05:40 pm

just what i thought, they are ready to take on srsa..... in his mind... Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 03/02/14, 05:47 pm

Would love to play them. Even if they hand us our lunch. Why wouldn't we? We will see them play in Austin this weekend, but didn't get matched up to play them. I'll definitely be peeking over their shoulders to watch though. Even the other top Dallas teams try to convince themselves they can hang now. The topic takes up half of your message board some weeks. Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03/02/14, 05:48 pm

jamestren wrote:    In return I get "everything is bigger in Texas" and passive aggressive posts referencing 2-year old posts trying to take something out of context.     

Oh James, James, James...

My potshot at you has nothing to do about you being from OK.  If you were from NTX and came on here 2 years ago and stated that your own DD was the best player in NTX and was so good that she played up 2 age groups (I don't care what the context of the statement was, it still approaches a level of arrogance/ignorance that even I don't aspire to...), I'd still be on here calling you out for it.  It's how I roll...

Heck, I still drop the occasional reference to long grass at the expense of SoccerTalker...  Oops!  See what I just did there??? Embarassed 

"Lighten up, Francis..."

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 03/02/14, 05:49 pm

Ok - Fair enough. I am glad you actually read and respond intelligently (for an Okie)
IMO:
1. Solar Red - You do not want to play this team - I promise...
2. FCD Gold - or Premier if they are playing with Golds top forward
3. Dallas Texans South
4. FCD Premier / Gold - even if they are not playing with the top forward
5. Sting Gutierrez, LP Elite - These two are hit or miss sometimes, but both very good teams. -  I do hear however Elite has possibly made a mid season addition that would help their scoring immensely. Of course we won't be able to see this addition except in tournaments this spring… But I would put them at 2 or 3 if this is indeed true.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 03/02/14, 05:51 pm

Just out of curiously, we've only played a couple of games and have this resume. Which NTX teams can claim the same victories over the past 12 months?

" wins or ties in the last 12 months include LP Elite, LP Rush, Sting Hilton, Sting Mendoza, and LP Keagan"

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 03/02/14, 05:56 pm

1. Sting Hilton and Mendoza are the same team - for the most part.
2. The only one to brag about is LP Elite

All the rest are good teams depending on which Sunday you are talking about…
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03/02/14, 05:59 pm

i would agree, teams like this catch a good team off, tie them or lose 1-0 and say we are right there! when in reality 6 of 7 times they will lose..

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum