Latest topics
» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 10:34 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Today at 10:30 am

» 2011's Academy Team - Wylie Area
by Mutiny06G Maroon Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Sting Select Partial Kit #4 YM
by Fightjunkie Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:35 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» U8 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 3:49 pm

» Register Now: Fall 2017 U6-U10 Academy Leagues
by Soccergoal Yesterday at 2:18 pm

» Dallas Texans 2016 Kit #5 (Select)
by unknowingmom Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:41 am

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:40 am

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Yesterday at 10:54 am

» Turf Cup 3v3 Tournament - August 19th & 20th
by Soccer08 Yesterday at 9:03 am

» Need a Keeper - RedHots FC 05G
by RH05G Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:16 pm

» 8'x24' Flat Double-Sided Training Goals Plus Cart
by JustaSport Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 pm

» schedules Lake highlands classic league
by Soccermomma2017 Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:45 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by Soccermomma2017 Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Zizou Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:02 pm

» Sting 2011 Shepard
by skills Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:37 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by Onlychild Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 pm

» Sting Academy Kit #23 - Youth Medium/Small
by s@ccerm@m Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

» FS: NWT FC Dallas Jerseys
by mcbeal42 Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:32 am

» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11291 registered users
The newest registered user is GRANITZA12

Our users have posted a total of 161614 messages in 20313 subjects

Legacy Freedom Cup teams?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legacy Freedom Cup teams?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm

jamestren, tell us again how you only lost on set pieces...lol! i have taken shots at LW, but to say elite boots and runs is stupid. keep running your mouth, its easy when your dunghill is in OK....

btw , when they come down and get beat, i imagine it will be well we were missing our blah blah. thats the mo of these types....

Last edited by silentparent on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:06 pm

jamestren wrote:I don't recall. I'm not sure they could if playing up an age against bigger faster players.   You tell me?   My DD wasn't on the team when we played you last I think??

You might have just proven what others have been saying before.. You may not know NTX soccer teams at all..
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:37 pm

I know the ones we've beat. I know the ones that have beat us in the past. I know what I see when I watch the games.

DTS was much bigger and faster when we played a few years ago, lots of shots outside the 18 that we weren't ready for.

LP Elite last spring was held in check against us here in Tulsa, but played solid D against us. It was a tough game. I only partly remember the details of this game.

FCD Gold in Plano was awesome. They were the more aggressive, prepared team that day. Even with that, 1 goal scored on a free kick early in the game on a BS call, the second goal a 35 yard boot that the keeper misjudged (but great shot). and the final goal near the end when we brought in extra offense and pushed up our D. FCD was the better team that day though, and I praised them for it. They had other shots that they could have finished. And yes, they did try to squeeze several balls over the top against us.

Sting Hilton played possession soccer, but our girls were more aggressive in the game. Their stud forward (ex SRSA player??) had an impact in the game, but we managed to pull the win out. Later when Hilton played LP Elite, Hilton owned the fist half, had a 2 goal lead I think. LP Elite switched gears in the second half, and scored twice on breakaways I think.

LP elite in Plano had a major BS free kick after their forward plowed over our defender. That led to the first goal. And they DID play balls over the top and to the corners this game. We weren't prepared and it ended up biting us.

LP rush played good D, but did not mount any significant attacks. We did not finish very well at all, but knowing how good of a team they are, we were happy with the result.

LP Keagan DEFINITELY played boot and run. To the point, their coach was yelling at their forward for not fighting hard enough for those through balls.

One game may not be a good sample to judge a team. Maybe someone had a bad game, or maybe teams played different based on what we were doing.

Whether my analysis is right or not, the results are. I didn't make any if that up.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm

I think his assesment of LP Elite being an over the top team is 100% accurate. I believe that has been stated on this board several times. It may of changed recently, but this past summer, they were definately in that category.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:10 am

I actually think he called most of the teams 100% correct. The truth hurts sometimes.

If the sharks stop circling we could all go back in time and see that

1. No one has never not accused FCD Gold of being a boot and run team. This dates back to the coaches '00 teams of yester year. It is a preferred style that he employs and the FCD Gold team has the horse up top to make it work flawlessly. It's not the only dimension to this team as they are solid in a lot of areas and very deserving of their post near the top of the standings but speed is their calling card and there is no shame in that.

2. LP Elite has a lot of variance in their play. They can be very kick and run at times "especially" to the corners. IMO they do a superb job of playing the ball wide and through the channels but having it find its way back to the middle toward their gifted center mid. They also can and do play a lot of traditional possession through the center. They are a Jekyll and Hyde - like in that regard...sometimes kick ball, sometimes possession but all the time solid.

3. He nailed Sting Mendoza/Hilton as well. The team has been very possession oriented and CM led since their Andromeda days...possession means "jack" if you don't score and we've struggled in that department since the Andromeda days as well. I'd take a little more kick and run and less connecting passes (now dribbling) if it meant we'd score more...

4. LP Rush....go back and look at some of the commentary from the board and you will see that most regarded this team as the ideal counter puncher. They were solid defensively but rarely mounted an attack unless it was a counter attack over the top.

5. He was off on DTS. I don't think they are very big but they've got great legs and definitely play a pretty brand of soccer (2nd only to SRSA and ahead of Sting Hilton because well....they are a much better team).

Jamestren you fit right in with the NTX parents...we all piss each other off with the truth from time to time.

outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
jamestren wrote:I don't recall. I'm not sure they could if playing up an age against bigger faster players.   You tell me?   My DD wasn't on the team when we played you last I think??

You might have just proven what others have been saying before.. You may not know NTX soccer teams at all..
Jamestren if you are going to continue to participate in the '03 threads then you have to acknowledge the '04 team. It is written in some law somewhere... Cut and paste this line and it will suffice.

"They were, are and forever will be fabulous. I didn't realize they were '04s. I bet they are as good as SRSA was at the same point in their existence. Wow."
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4sumthin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:00 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Did someone mention my FAV cutie patootie team R04? It's like H-E-L-L-O they have been off in Boy land or something,,,, they would never stoop to playing those stinky OKIES!!!! So it's like stop insulting the greatest possession team to ever like grace the Americas!!!

BTW, the phrase "send it" is like not even in their Wikipedia!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay R04!!!!!
Xoxoxo
good4sumthin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 am

Be careful guys. If we call a Red River truce, were gonna start getting calls to help out in the Middle East. Quick, someone say something bad about the Okie.

Smile

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

I say show up to this tournament next weekend and perform, then your team can have all the bragging rights you want… Dallas Cup is coming up pretty quick as well and I am guessing with so many ranking points on the line, you will see all the top rosters show up.

LHCGL Spring Round-up:
AYSES 03 GIRLS GOLD
D’FEETERS 03
DALLAS COSMOS COSMOS 03G BLACK
DALLAS RUSH 03 NERO (FORMERLY 03G)
DALLAS TEXANS 03 GIRLS DALLAS
FC DALLAS YOUTH FC DALLAS 03G SOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 03 GOLD
FC DALLAS YOUTH 03G RED
FC DALLAS 03G PREMIER
FEVER UNITED 03 BLACK – PHIRI
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03 GIRLS KEEGAN
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 03 GIRLS RUSH
MUSTANGS FC 03G BUSSEY
ODYSSEY ’03G
SPARTA FC 03
STING CENTRAL 03 SANCHEZ
STING CENTRAL 03 SKAIFE
STING SOCCER STING NORTH 03 LARRY
STING 03 (GOODMAN)
STING 03 (GUTIERREZ)
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

Well.... Having come down last week and driving home in a blizzard, I don't think the parents will go for a return next week. Smile

When is the Dallas Cup? I always thought that was for older teams?

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 am

jamestren wrote:Well....   Having come down last week and driving home in a blizzard, I don't think the parents will go for a return next week. Smile

When is the Dallas Cup?  I always thought that was for older teams?

Ahhh, that's right, you would have to play up to U-12 - well, if you are really up for a challenge  Smile 
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum