North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JD's departure from FCD - Page 8 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

JD's departure from FCD

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JD's departure from FCD - Page 8 Empty Re: JD's departure from FCD

Post by Header 15/02/14, 01:51 pm

Borussia wrote:This is why Kicks 01 is still around and now look... there are more Kicks teams... and growing.  

I like the odds.  
-------------------------------------

Bo'   I think everyone is in violent agreement with you:  you are without a doubt the bestest Kool-aid drinking Kicks Homer on the boards.

But lets take a hard look at the FACTS:

JM and Kicks want to turn a loose set of indy teams into a large sustainable club: attempting to leverage the success of 1 team (yes only one team) with all appropriate trappings, and promise of D1 and show case glory (and of course the requisite raise in $$costs/dues).

HOWEVER some major cracks appear:

- Kicks teams are in decline and not improving       (at an age where the promised development should be kicking in)
             Kicks Blue bottom D3, Kicks Gold fighting to stay D2, '98 Kicks dropped to Plano; all in worse form than prior year.
-Kicks lost their training facility/fields last season and has yet to replace it with a repectable one worthy of a 'decent' club.
- The top '01 Kicks has been built on the JM 'clan', as have his 06s.
         There is no other strong Kicks team on horizon outside "the clan"
         Lets not forget the 01 team raided 5 players from Solar Red Bates last year to maintain          
-Top players from familes that can, will take a hard look at big club options that provide talented players with a history and proven path to the highest level.    Kicks has NO HISTORY in this category
-The depth in Kicks coaching ranks is non-existent with recruiting of questionably qualified coaches  jocolor
             Why is that?  One would think they would bring in some coaches with history ... Does :king:JM fear a challange to his Throne ??  
Kicks also has the handicap of a poor organizational structure and poor execution, with management cobbling together a lot of promises.      

To compare Kicks at this point with established clubs like Sting, Texans, DFeeters in terms of the opportunity path to for talented players is very premature.

Plenty of competition from other clubs that have better establshed foundations, and are in much better shape top to bottom than Kicks:  Andromeda, Liverpool,  etc

Good luck Bo'  -      your chances of success would be increased significantly by getting to work for the club and laying off so much of that Kool 'aid

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/14, 09:39 pm

Patrick, if you want to chat let’s do it in person.  Ill be sure to say hi Wednesday at City Futsal.  

But let’s take a hard look at the FACTS:

Kicks is not attempting to be a large club like the one you brought your DD from.  Kicks is/has formed a club for teams that were forming and are forming as Kicks Teams
Kicks 09 boys
Kicks 09 girls
2 Kicks 08 girls teams
Kicks 08 boys
Kicks 07 girls
2 kicks 07 boys
Kicks 06 boys
3 kicks 06 girls teams
3 Kicks 05 boys teams
Kicks 05 girls
Kicks 04 girls
That’s just in the academy side of the house.  Those are not independents.  Those are teams that were started, trained, and flourishing from the start as Dallas Kicks teams.  

HOWEVER some major cracks appear:

- Kicks teams are in decline and not improving  

Kicks Blue re-qualified, started the year with ZERO goalie and faced the top teams from the previous year.  Any team will struggle with no goalie.  Kicks Gold, its u13 D2 soccer… every game is tough, as they should be.  Year isn’t over yet.  To say they are struggling to stay in D2 is just wrong.  They are sitting in 4th place, that isn’t struggling to stay in.

-Kicks lost their training facility/fields last season and has yet to replace it with a respectable one worthy of a 'decent' club.

Kicks NEVER lost a training facility.  The one we used did not have lights.  Maybe you would have been ok to have your DD training in the pitch dark.  There was no point in continuing a contract somewhere that could not fulfill all the needs and was set to begin construction in the area we were using.  The decision was made to move in preparation of our goal of securing a facility.

That has been done.   Elm Fork Soccer Complex has been secured for us and will be central base of operations for Kicks starting in May.  The contract with FC Dallas the operators has been signed.  Will be nice once they take the pitch.  You should swing by and say hi buddy.

- The top '01 Kicks has been built on the JM 'clan', as have his 06s.
        There is no other strong Kicks team on horizon outside "the clan"
        Lets not forget the 01 team raided 5 players from Solar Red Bates last year to maintain 

The 04 girls are inside the top 30 of their age group.  The 06 girls group is without argument the most dominant in the age group.  3 teams worth of players to pick from. 06 boys are an up and coming team.  07 girls are the dominant force, 07 boys are the dominant force, 08 girls dominant force.  08 boys.. My squad.. well if you saw our scrimmage on Friday.. haha dominant force.  09 boys another of my teams.. Shall I go on.. All home grown…  I know what’s said, but no JM does not have any more kids, at least that we know of.. haha… these are all teams with families from ALL parts of the metroplex.  

-Top players from families that can, will take a hard look at big club options that provide talented players with a history and proven path to the highest level.    Kicks has NO HISTORY in this category

You are right, Kicks has no history in it, never once claimed to have it.  The focus for the club is on the academy aged kids, as it should be.  Build from the ground up.  The 01s opened the door.  WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAME TO KICKS!  

Come talk to me in 5 years when these academy teams are in Lake Highlands and Classic Boys league and thriving.  The point isn’t to say we are better.  The point is to give kids a place to play and teach them soccer.  Period. The other things take time to build.  HHmmm like with the academy kids.. what a concept.  The 01s are writing their own story.  Players are good, coach is good… again, WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAME TO KICKS.

-The depth in Kicks coaching ranks is non-existent with recruiting of questionably qualified coaches  

This one I take personal.  I am a Kicks coach.  I do it because my kids play, I grew up around the game, I love being around the kids and the families.  The coaches in the club presently are in it for their kids, the club and the families in it.  Your own family was in that boat at one time.  

A license means squat if you cant teach.  JM holds an E license but you signed the contract for your kid to learn from him didn’t you?  The rest of the kids coming up seem to be learning...hhmmmm

You complained earlier about dues that may be going up, how do you propose paying for some of the coaches that you are now singing the praises of?  JM started somewhere… One girls rec team in Kiest park that wore brazil jerseys… where are they now… he started somewhere and others have now as well.  It was good enough for you when you signed the contract.

Kicks also has the handicap of a poor organizational structure and poor execution, with management cobbling together a lot of promises.      

The club came together a year and a half ago with the help of volunteers.  Should we have paid positions, jack up the rates so we can pay some people to sit in some chairs.  I wear many hats in the club and get paid for none of them.  All the volunteers in the club wear many hats and get paid for none of them.  The only paid people are the coaches, and strictly from the teams they coach. It takes time to do it the right way.  That is the goal, the right way and the with the focus on the kids and families, not making money.

Cobbling promises…

Kicks Futsal powered by City Futsal.. Promise was made and promise has been delivered.  The program kicks off this March and fully implemented into the club curriculum starting in July.  

Training facility… Elm Fork Soccer Complex.. the contract has been signed

Teams playing well and the kids having fun…. That isn’t even debatable.

To compare Kicks at this point with established clubs like Sting, Texans, DFeeters in terms of the opportunity path to for talented players is very premature.

No one is comparing Kicks to any of them… they have been around longer.  I personally don’t care to be compared to Liverpool, is that where you are headed next?

Good luck Bo'  -      your chances of success would be increased significantly by getting to work for the club and laying off so much of that Kool 'aid

You want to call me a kool-aid drinker so be it.  I believe in what the club is being built on and what we are building towards.  Nothing wrong with the other clubs, I can’t even say my DD would never play for one of them down the road.  You never know what the future holds.  What I do know is I love the kids and families in Kicks.  I volunteer my time and anything else it takes for them, and will continue to do so.  Not because someone is feeding me Kool-Aid, but because I am in this with family for very different reasons then you obviously are.  Simple as that.  I’ve been to games for nearly every team in this club and cheered on kids that do not belong to me or have any ties to me.  Yours included.  It’s a lifestyle we as a family have chosen.  Hanging out together at the pitch with friends we care for.  That’s how we roll.

So like I said, you want to call me names, go right ahead.  I would be more than happy to sit and buy you a hot cocoa at city futsal this week and chat while the kids train.  Better yet, how bout a steak dinner with JM, he seems to think I’m going to owe him one soon over a bet we have.. haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 16/02/14, 03:01 pm

This is hilarious and fun to read. You can create a drama series from this information. Boy meets girl, girl cheats on boy and boy cheats on girl with her best friend, and when it's all said and done they live happily ever after..... Tune in next week it only gets better.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/14, 04:16 pm

Tom, you and Patrick would make an excellent couple. Is she headed to flannagan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 16/02/14, 05:29 pm

Lol, the jealous lover out of the closet. You can't make this sh. It up.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/14, 07:47 pm

You cant make it up, but your kids coach can put a zipper on you, well until you make another username. ... tell Pops I said hi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 16/02/14, 09:26 pm

Borussia wrote:You cant make it up, but your kids coach can put a zipper on you, well until you make another username. ... tell Pops I said hi.

Honestly a little surprised that Juan has not stopped this down yet. Having a coach continue to call people out by name doesn't reflect real well on Kicks Nation.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/14, 09:29 pm

Wiemann and I go way back, its cool. Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan 07/06/14, 08:03 am

Anyone hear that JD in trouble with North Texas Soccer over recruiting violations and inappropriate financial issues with old red white and blue? Not sure if we heard the true story last night.
blackcleatsoccerfan
blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballzag 07/06/14, 08:46 am

blackcleatsoccerfan wrote:Anyone hear that JD in trouble with North Texas Soccer over recruiting violations and inappropriate financial issues with old red white and blue?  Not sure if we heard the true story last night.

Why did he leave in the first place?
Ballzag
Ballzag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan 07/06/14, 11:13 am

I heard he got tipsy in Vegas and showed up to a tournament either hungover or late and he was shown the door. Some fcd parents posted some stuff in another thread awhile back. Someone will chime in with the truth.
blackcleatsoccerfan
blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 07/06/14, 11:25 am

Two year NTSSA suspension for recruiting violations. Other charges still pending include financial irregularities over money missing from FCD and fraud during the hearing. Loser - and it sounds like the brain dead at Sting are sticking by him.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 07/06/14, 11:32 am

Two year suspension?
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan 07/06/14, 12:15 pm

Ok so what does that mean for this team in select with him? Or the 04 team about to go select with him? Is the suspension immediate?
blackcleatsoccerfan
blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballzag 07/06/14, 12:16 pm

onlythetruth wrote:Two year NTSSA suspension for recruiting violations.  Other charges still pending include financial irregularities over money missing from FCD and fraud during the hearing.  Loser - and it sounds like the brain dead at Sting are sticking by him.
 Shocked 
Ballzag
Ballzag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 07/06/14, 12:36 pm

Is that why he is trying to build a US Soccer roster?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 07/06/14, 12:38 pm

With all due respect...I am so tired of people asking why he left....

HE DIDN'T LEAVE, HE WAS FIRED!!!!!

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 07/06/14, 12:47 pm

blackcleatsoccerfan wrote:Ok so what does that mean for this team in select with him? Or the 04 team about to go select with him? Is the suspension immediate?

Good question. What happens to the 04 girls.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 07/06/14, 12:50 pm

No one listens to tequila girl.... Will the real "Sting Shady" please stand up?
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 07/06/14, 12:59 pm

lol! 

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan 07/06/14, 01:06 pm

sickofit wrote:With all due respect...I am so tired of people asking why he left....

HE DIDN'T LEAVE, HE WAS FIRED!!!!!

Shocked 
blackcleatsoccerfan
blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 07/06/14, 01:35 pm

herradura wrote:No one listens to tequila girl.... Will the real "Sting Shady" please stand up?

That's right you were part of the 03 side of the JD drama. We left, seems like it was good timing.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 07/06/14, 04:35 pm

Good to see NTSSA taking a stand on integrity and increasing scrutiny on coaches.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 07/06/14, 04:42 pm

Header wrote:Good to see NTSSA taking a stand on integrity and increasing scrutiny on coaches.

Wish the clubs would do the same.

They hired him knowing he had alcohol issues (or could have found out asking any number of people) - didn't seem to bother them. Now they got bit, but he appears to still work there.

Just reflects poorly on the club.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan 08/06/14, 11:05 pm

Looks like it's not going to affect anything. Will sill coach 03 in practice and a co-coach will come to games. Hmmmm
blackcleatsoccerfan
blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/06/14, 08:45 am

So what team is he coaching at Sting then?

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum