Latest topics
Solar 07 top team league playToday at 01:13 amSimon
2011 Titans Coppell Team-2 open spotsYesterday at 11:00 pmA_taylor13
2012 Titans Coppell team-2 open player spotsYesterday at 10:59 pmA_taylor13
2009 Titans Coppell team-2 open player spotsYesterday at 10:58 pmA_taylor13
Solar 03B/04B Pappas - Adding Players in GrapevineYesterday at 10:58 pmHappyDays
FC Dallas '05 West (3 LH Teams)Yesterday at 10:41 pmHoneybadger
FC Dallas '06 West-LHGCL DI/Frontier ConferenceYesterday at 10:40 pmHoneybadger
Solar 06G East - LHGCL D1, NPL, & Frontier Conference Yesterday at 09:25 pmThe Dean
Evolution 06G Looking for 2-3 more players Southlake/GrapeviYesterday at 09:11 pmCoach Matt Evo
FC Dallas #3 Adult Sm/Med Kit Yesterday at 08:36 pmenufsoccer
Solar East 02/03 NPLYesterday at 08:34 pmSimon
McKinney United 07G McKinney and Frisco Yesterday at 08:15 pmmikecorich
McKinney United 07G McKinney and Frisco Yesterday at 08:14 pmmikecorich
Solar Austin Keller 09g Open PracticesYesterday at 07:52 pmSolarKeller09g
FM/Lewisville/Coppell - Titans Bailey 09 looking for playersYesterday at 07:51 pmTitans Bailey
FM/Lewisville/Coppell - Titans Bailey 08 looking for playersYesterday at 07:50 pmTitans Bailey
2012-13G PEGASUS SC looking for 2 players ( Frisco )Yesterday at 07:46 pmCoachYigit
PEGASUS SC looking for 2 players ( Frisco )Yesterday at 07:45 pmCoachYigit
PEGASUS SC looking for Full Time GOALIE and one Field PlayerYesterday at 07:43 pmCoachYigit
NPL Nationals 2019Yesterday at 07:37 pmdribbleshootscore
Warriors 02G - LH D1 - Adding PlayersYesterday at 06:42 pmWarriors03
Evo 09G Boyle (Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake) looking to aYesterday at 06:00 pmCoachBoyle
Colleyville Evo 08G Boyle Open Practices Yesterday at 05:48 pmCoachBoyle
DFW Thunder 02G GrapevineYesterday at 05:43 pmThunderCoachWhite
Solar 03G Pappas in Grapevine (LHGCL D2 Bye)Yesterday at 04:50 pmHappyDays
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Pixel
Statistics
We have 13473 registered users
The newest registered user is enufsoccer

Our users have posted a total of 191481 messages in 26547 subjects

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by canaryman on 03/03/14, 11:04 am

I have witnessed several games in the 04' group lately where "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play", and the refs seem to not know how to handle it. IMO, these girls are old enough to know the difference between playing physical, and intentionally fouling a player. They are also old enough to realize that they can pretty much commit any foul, and at the most, they are going to get is a warning from the ref...which pretty much is nothing.

The coaches know this too...and seems like the same teams are the ones where their "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play". I have yet to see a yellow card given out at this age group, and have seen the ref warn the same players several times during a game.

At what age are the refs instructed to start passing out yellow/red cards?

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2554
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Lefty on 03/03/14, 11:21 am

canaryman wrote:I have witnessed several games in the 04' group lately where "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play", and the refs seem to not know how to handle it.  IMO, these girls are old enough to know the difference between playing physical, and intentionally fouling a player.  They are also old enough to realize that they can pretty much commit any foul, and at the most, they are going to get is a warning from the ref...which pretty much is nothing.  

The coaches know this too...and seems like the same teams are the ones where their "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play".  I have yet to see a yellow card given out at this age group, and have seen the ref warn the same players several times during a game.

At what age are the refs instructed to start passing out yellow/red cards?

Never.

Don't ever expect to see reds or yellows in NTX unless the player says one of the 'magic' words or visibly displays a weapon on the pitch.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1101
Points : 4817
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by wilatnus on 03/03/14, 11:24 am

Don't hold your breath; I have decided refs don't card girls. I have seen 1 yellow in the last 2 years of select soccer despite seeing DD's being shoved from behind on break aways with two hands and slammed to the ground so hard that wrists are broken or concussions caused. Maybe in the older world it's better, but u11/u12 hasn't given me much faith so far ....
wilatnus
wilatnus
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 117
Points : 3709
Join date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Guest on 03/03/14, 11:24 am

Lefty wrote:
canaryman wrote:I have witnessed several games in the 04' group lately where "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play", and the refs seem to not know how to handle it.  IMO, these girls are old enough to know the difference between playing physical, and intentionally fouling a player.  They are also old enough to realize that they can pretty much commit any foul, and at the most, they are going to get is a warning from the ref...which pretty much is nothing.  

The coaches know this too...and seems like the same teams are the ones where their "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play".  I have yet to see a yellow card given out at this age group, and have seen the ref warn the same players several times during a game.

At what age are the refs instructed to start passing out yellow/red cards?

Never.  

Don't ever expect to see reds or yellows in NTX unless the player says one of the 'magic' words or visibly displays a weapon on the pitch.


x1000. the attitude is well there just kids, play on, who needs the hassle etc. CARD THEM! Teach them young that dirty play is costly and will be addressed and some kid in the future won't have to deal with a concussion or broken leg because of lazy refs...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by canaryman on 03/03/14, 11:29 am

silentparent wrote:
Lefty wrote:
canaryman wrote:I have witnessed several games in the 04' group lately where "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play", and the refs seem to not know how to handle it.  IMO, these girls are old enough to know the difference between playing physical, and intentionally fouling a player.  They are also old enough to realize that they can pretty much commit any foul, and at the most, they are going to get is a warning from the ref...which pretty much is nothing.  

The coaches know this too...and seems like the same teams are the ones where their "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play".  I have yet to see a yellow card given out at this age group, and have seen the ref warn the same players several times during a game.

At what age are the refs instructed to start passing out yellow/red cards?

Never.  

Don't ever expect to see reds or yellows in NTX unless the player says one of the 'magic' words or visibly displays a weapon on the pitch.


x1000. the attitude is well there just kids, play on, who needs the hassle etc. CARD THEM! Teach them young that dirty play is costly and will be addressed and some kid in the future won't have to deal with a concussion or broken leg because of lazy refs...

My DD knows the difference, and I know that our coach is teaching them the difference between physical and dirty play...but seems to me that some coaches are taking advantage of the lack of penalty that will be given. I mean...if a girl has a breakaway...why not just foul if the worst you are going to get is a ref telling them to "keep it clean girls".

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2554
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Gunners on 03/03/14, 11:41 am

Teach your kids to take advantage of it, it will serve them much better than than taking the high road.

This is kind of a tongue-in-cheek response, but it's also kind of not.

__________________________________________________
I got 99 problems but the pitch ain't one
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1292
Points : 5037
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : Looking for The Situation

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Lefty on 03/03/14, 11:46 am

canaryman wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Lefty wrote:
canaryman wrote:I have witnessed several games in the 04' group lately where "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play", and the refs seem to not know how to handle it.  IMO, these girls are old enough to know the difference between playing physical, and intentionally fouling a player.  They are also old enough to realize that they can pretty much commit any foul, and at the most, they are going to get is a warning from the ref...which pretty much is nothing.  

The coaches know this too...and seems like the same teams are the ones where their "aggressive play" turns into "dirty play".  I have yet to see a yellow card given out at this age group, and have seen the ref warn the same players several times during a game.

At what age are the refs instructed to start passing out yellow/red cards?

Never.  

Don't ever expect to see reds or yellows in NTX unless the player says one of the 'magic' words or visibly displays a weapon on the pitch.


x1000. the attitude is well there just kids, play on, who needs the hassle etc. CARD THEM! Teach them young that dirty play is costly and will be addressed and some kid in the future won't have to deal with a concussion or broken leg because of lazy refs...

My DD knows the difference, and I know that our coach is teaching them the difference between physical and dirty play...but seems to me that some coaches are taking advantage of the lack of penalty that will be given.  I mean...if a girl has a breakaway...why not just foul if the worst you are going to get is a ref telling them to "keep it clean girls".

Not sure that it will change much as long as a teams league and division placement is based on wins / losses and relegation at the younger ages.

It is easier to win at the younger ages with effort, size and aggression to capitalize on mistakes or physical mismatches rather than with developmental focused or quality soccer. Many of the clubs and coaches take the most direct path, to reach what they are incented to do by the leagues and parents, in order to maintain their cash flow.  

WIN, earn a ranking, get a good seed in qualifying, get a team in LHGCL and maintain your position in the league.  Over time you can develop some of the players or swap them out for more skilled players as technical ability and soccer IQ become more important.


Last edited by Lefty on 03/03/14, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1101
Points : 4817
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by db10 on 03/03/14, 11:53 am

They don't want to give out cards. Puts them in the spotlight of angry parents even more....plus it would upset the whole balance of the FBR if certain teams couldn't put their biggest players in the back with the sole intent to grab and push the skilled players from the other team


Last edited by db10 on 03/03/14, 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

__________________________________________________
"Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought" - Dennis Bergkamp
db10
db10
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 375
Points : 2768
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by MoveYourFeet on 03/03/14, 11:56 am

I've seen 2 reds given in one game to the same team (U-15).
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 4160
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 49
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Lefty on 03/03/14, 11:58 am

MoveYourFeet wrote:I've seen 2 reds given in one game to the same team (U-15).

Words or weapons?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1101
Points : 4817
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Guest on 03/03/14, 12:01 pm

I have a U14.  I'm still waiting to see a red card

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Zeko2 on 03/03/14, 12:06 pm

I have only seen one. Player already had a yellow and later in the game talked back to the ref.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 128
Points : 2709
Join date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Zizou on 03/03/14, 12:09 pm

LH is the worst league about referees holding players accountable on the field for their actions. Players are allowed to get away with repeated fouling and extremely dangerous play. Therefore league games played LHGCL do not promote creative and skilled play, but if your looking for a brawl you have come to the right league.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2403
Points : 4563
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 03/03/14, 12:14 pm

Well I can say that my dd has recieved a yellow card, but it was in a tournament. Good yellow card though. She knows the difference between rough play and dirty play. She's always getting fouled and the refs never call a yellow card. She's been pulled down by her neck before. It's upsetting at times.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 2948
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Just Curious on 03/03/14, 12:16 pm

This is why the LHGCL refs are so fast to pounce on the parents on the sidelines when they scream about a bad call

They worry to much about the parents and not the play on the field

Give out cards when they should be given, take control of the game play on the field you can have control of the parents on the sideline

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 155
Points : 2502
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Out There

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Zizou on 03/03/14, 12:22 pm

Giving out cards to players increases the paperwork that needs to be done after the game. LH referees are not going to do anymore work than they have to.


Last edited by Zizou on 03/03/14, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2403
Points : 4563
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Guest on 03/03/14, 12:27 pm

Talk back to a ref? Card, push kid from behind? Play on. Our refs in a nutshell...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Lefty on 03/03/14, 12:28 pm

Just Curious wrote:This is why the LHGCL refs are so fast to pounce on the parents on the sidelines when they scream about a bad call

They worry to much about the parents and not the play on the field

Give out cards when they should be given, take control of the game play on the field you can have control of the parents on the sideline

Another interesting dynamic to watch is the number of technical infractions that are called in a game vs player on player infractions across the age groups.  At the younger ages you may see whole games with few if any player on player fouls called.  

Seems like the younger the players the less player on player infractions are called, even though the younger ages are where players are less experienced and prepared to protect themselves against those kind of infractions.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1101
Points : 4817
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Zizou on 03/03/14, 12:34 pm

National tournament in Phoenix, referees controlled the game and physical play with the yellow card. Players playing with a card were less likely to continue the fouling due to the next card meant your team would be playing a man down. We saw 2 yellow cards a game.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2403
Points : 4563
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by MoveYourFeet on 03/03/14, 12:34 pm

Lefty wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:I've seen 2 reds given in one game to the same team (U-15).

Words or weapons?

Nothing like that. Just dangerous rough play.

But my boy, at U-9 was taken down from behind when he didn't even have the ball.
It was long gone on towards goal when the foul occurred. Only after the ref realized my
son's ankle was broken that he then gave a yellow card to the other player. That kid shrugged
and kept playing in the game, while my son spent last summer on crutches in cast.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 4160
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 49
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 03/03/14, 12:41 pm

My dd (04) was issued a YC this past weekend in SDL. I didn't know it until after the game when she told me, because apparently the ref hadn't brought his cards to the game! So he just informed her that she had been issued a card. At least that is what she told me.
dreadpirateroberts
dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2414
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Guest on 03/03/14, 12:45 pm

There are some good ref's out there.  I've seen them.  The question is, what would it take to improve the overall quality of the officiating?  I think the answer is, the will to do it, money to pay for it and time. I also think the money is the easy part, will and time are harder to come by.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by keep22 on 03/03/14, 12:51 pm

multy(2-3) yellow cards every HS game. I have seen 2 reds and we just started the second half of district.

LH - never seen one of either color.

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2749
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by ballboy on 03/03/14, 01:00 pm

Heck, I'd be satisfied if they'd just call a handball.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2281
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by canaryman on 03/03/14, 01:02 pm

dreadpirateroberts wrote:My dd (04) was issued a YC this past weekend in SDL.  I didn't know it until after the game when she told me, because apparently the ref hadn't brought his cards to the game!  So he just informed her that she had been issued a card.  At least that is what she told me.

Was it a deserved YC?

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2554
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum