North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer? - Page 4 Empty Re: What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer?

Post by Guest 21/03/14, 04:17 pm

The issue isnt only paperwork. It's really more about ref culture. A ref doing these younger games does not want to have to turn in his sheets with a bunch of yellows and reds because it makes him/her look bad with the assignor. The thought is you should be able to control these youngers without cards, and if you don't have the presence to control u12s without cards, an assignor might be hesitant to ever put you on older age group games...which pay more and carry more prestige among refs.

Back to top Go down

What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer? - Page 4 Empty Re: What is fundamentally wrong with NTX soccer?

Post by Guest 21/03/14, 04:21 pm

the first responsibilty of a ref, especially for children is to run a clean SAFE game. saying you didnt want to throw a kid out because of paperwork is beyond lame and chickensht if some kid gets seriously hurt...

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 21/03/14, 05:04 pm

I would be a fan of issuing cards to kids, U11, U10, U9 even. We played a game the other day and my dd was called for a foul. I don't think it was intentional, but it was a foul as she lifted her elbow prior to a colision.

What did the ref do? He said "what-the-heck did you do that for?"

What irks me is that he passed up a perfect opportunity for a teaching moment to instruct her on what kind of play warrants a foul or even yellow/red card. Kids need to know these things. When ref's elect not to call them it only teaches players to use their physicality if they so choose.

Maybe next year we'll have a Ref meet the Parents meeting. Communication and expectations need to flow both ways.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 26/03/14, 10:21 am

RightWingDad wrote:I would be a fan of issuing cards to kids, U11, U10, U9 even. We played a game the other day and my dd was called for a foul. I don't think it was intentional, but it was a foul as she lifted her elbow prior to a colision.

What irks me is that he passed up a perfect opportunity for a teaching moment to instruct her on what kind of play warrants a foul or even yellow/red card. Kids need to know these things. When ref's elect not to call them it only teaches players to use their physicality if they so choose.

Maybe next year we'll have a Ref meet the Parents meeting. Communication and expectations need to flow both ways.

I think I like the idea of "Ref, meet the people that are PAYING YOU to allow their daughters get hurt during bashball" meeting.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/14, 11:28 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:I would be a fan of issuing cards to kids, U11, U10, U9 even. We played a game the other day and my dd was called for a foul. I don't think it was intentional, but it was a foul as she lifted her elbow prior to a colision.

I think I like the idea of "Ref, meet the people that are PAYING YOU to allow their daughters get hurt during bashball" meeting.

You'll get it if your DD's team makes LHGCL at U11. LHGCL has mandatory "Meet the Refs" meetings early on in the fall season for all incoming U11 teams. I'm sure someone more recent can confirm, but I want to say that your team gets fined if you don't have at least 1 parent of >80% of your rostered players attend.

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 26/03/14, 11:58 am

bwgophers wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

You'll get it if your DD's team makes LHGCL at U11.  LHGCL has mandatory "Meet the Refs" meetings early on in the fall season for all incoming U11 teams.  I'm sure someone more recent can confirm, but I want to say that your team gets fined if you don't have at least 1 parent of >80% of your rostered players attend.

BWG, that's kinda what I was referring to. We attended that meeting last year and while it was a nice meeting with good information and some Q&A....I was poking a little fun at it because the takeaway from that meeting was "We the Refs" are gonna tell you "the soccer rookies" how this all works because you really have no clue what we go through. All I'd like to see is a little more attention given to calling fouls where kids play through the other player rather than attempting to play the ball. OK, back to work, no, wait. It's lunch time....carry on.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 26/03/14, 12:04 pm

I have always wondered whether there is a bit of a "Daddy Bias" at work with male soccer refs who seem reluctant to throw a card when one of our sweet daughters does something naughty to an opponent on the pitch. I wonder if there are more cards pulled in the boys classic league games.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/14, 12:07 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

You'll get it if your DD's team makes LHGCL at U11.  LHGCL has mandatory "Meet the Refs" meetings early on in the fall season for all incoming U11 teams.  I'm sure someone more recent can confirm, but I want to say that your team gets fined if you don't have at least 1 parent of >80% of your rostered players attend.

BWG, that's kinda what I was referring to. We attended that meeting last year and while it was a nice meeting with good information and some Q&A....I was poking a little fun at it because the takeaway from that meeting was "We the Refs" are gonna tell you "the soccer rookies" how this all works because you really have no clue what we go through. All I'd like to see is a little more attention given to calling fouls where kids play through the other player rather than attempting to play the ball. OK, back to work, no, wait. It's lunch time....carry on.

Yup. That's pretty much how the meeting goes. Would love to be there when NFOD attends to see how that goes. tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 26/03/14, 01:41 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Yup.  That's pretty much how the meeting goes.  Would love to be there when NFOD attends to see how that goes. tongue 

I already went to that meeting. Essentially there were some LHGCL folks telling us that they won't tolerate any bad behavior towards the refs because they don't have enough refs to go around as it is.

Kind of a sit down, shut up, and accept what we give you mentality.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by purezen 26/03/14, 02:11 pm

Sounds like BS to me. Guess they forgot who writes the checks!
purezen
purezen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 26/03/14, 02:26 pm

Yes. Because our fees pay them, they should answer to us. I really hope you are not in management.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/14, 02:32 pm

I'm pretty good at wasting time, but that waste of time feels like 45 minutes of my life that someone stole from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 26/03/14, 03:15 pm

purezen wrote:Sounds like BS to me.  Guess they forgot who writes the checks!

Minor problem with that logic.  Neither LHGCL or the Clubs see the need to improve or make changes to the refereeing and the resulting style of soccer as important to their goals.

From their perspective, complain all you want but what are you going to do about it?

Last edited by Lefty on 26/03/14, 03:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/14, 03:16 pm

Lefty wrote:
purezen wrote:Sounds like BS to me.  Guess they forgot who writes the checks!

Minor problem with that logic.  Neither LHGCL or the Clubs see the need to improve or changes to the refereeing and the resulting style of soccer as important to their goals.

From their perspective, complain all you want but what are you going to do about it?

It would be amusing if Mark Cuban were a NTX soccer mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4