Latest topics
» Beat the Heat Tournament (Edmond, OK)
by 030409SOCCERDAD Today at 1:17 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 11:41 am

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 11:40 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 11:39 am

» 06 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 11:38 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Today at 11:37 am

» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Today at 10:54 am

» Turf Cup 3v3 Tournament - August 19th & 20th
by Soccer08 Today at 9:03 am

» Need a Keeper - RedHots FC 05G
by RH05G Yesterday at 11:16 pm

» 8'x24' Flat Double-Sided Training Goals Plus Cart
by JustaSport Yesterday at 9:54 pm

» schedules Lake highlands classic league
by Soccermomma2017 Yesterday at 9:45 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by Soccermomma2017 Yesterday at 9:26 pm

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Zizou Yesterday at 1:02 pm

» Sting 2011 Shepard
by skills Yesterday at 12:37 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by Onlychild Yesterday at 12:10 pm

» Sting Academy Kit #23 - Youth Medium/Small
by s@ccerm@m Yesterday at 11:39 am

» FS: NWT FC Dallas Jerseys
by mcbeal42 Yesterday at 11:32 am

» Sting Kit For Sale AS
by 8701tx 19/8/2017, 3:32 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by KeeperCommander 19/8/2017, 2:12 pm

» Dallas Texans 08 JDL Tryout Schedule
by Dtsoccer8 19/8/2017, 1:51 pm

» FC Dallas 02G Black is looking
by FCD02GBLACK 19/8/2017, 1:13 pm

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by dadof3 18/8/2017, 11:48 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/8/2017, 1:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr 18/8/2017, 1:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C 18/8/2017, 1:15 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11290 registered users
The newest registered user is Igamez7924

Our users have posted a total of 161589 messages in 20311 subjects

Week 14 D1 LHGCL Predictions

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 14 D1 LHGCL Predictions

Post by Erod on 24/3/2014, 3:14 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:Who knew you were so modest and humble? But, keep in mind, your coach thought they needed to bring back two former players to win. They weren't needed in the end, but the thought was there.

They're at most of the games already. Yes, they can go into the game, I suppose, but that's even more telling.

What if you took the top two players off FC Gold? Or the Texans or Sting or any team? There'd be a massive dropoff, right? Not so much at SRSA. It all looks pretty much the same.

Solar has exactly one team in Lake Highlands, right? It's not like they have 100 kids to "player pass" like FCD or Liverpool. SRSA has two kids that are essentially on their roster anyway that they are loaning to the 02 team.

This is silly.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24/3/2014, 3:19 pm

What I gather from the turn this thread has taken is:

Everything is not perfect at Solar.  Wow, big revelation.  Each team has it own issues.  The challenges faced by families on LP Elite are not the same as those faced by families on the Warriors.  Solar just gets their problems posted on this forum like celebrities in the tabloids.

However you feel about Solar I think it is probably safe to say that you are impressed by the way they play soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24/3/2014, 3:25 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:Who knew you were so modest and humble? But, keep in mind, your coach thought they needed to bring back two former players to win. They weren't needed in the end, but the thought was there.

i hope you werent replying to me, i have nothing to do with srsa, just stating what i think is obvious...

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod on 24/3/2014, 3:45 pm

silentparent wrote:

i hope you werent replying to me, i have nothing to do with srsa, just stating what i think is obvious...

Me, too.

Somebody's going to beat that team one day, and it'll probably lock this site up for a week.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailerPark on 24/3/2014, 4:05 pm

Erod wrote:

They're at most of the games already.  Yes, they can go into the game, I suppose, but that's even more telling.

What if you took the top two players off FC Gold?  Or the Texans or Sting or any team?  There'd be a massive dropoff, right?  Not so much at SRSA.  It all looks pretty much the same.

Solar has exactly one team in Lake Highlands, right?  It's not like they have 100 kids to "player pass" like FCD or Liverpool.  SRSA has two kids that are essentially on their roster anyway that they are loaning to the 02 team.

This is silly.  

Wrong EROD. They are on the '02 roster and had to submit for the player pass in order to play on Sunday if they wanted. In other words, AS or DM was terrified they were going to lose and had to submit the paperwork for the player pass.

TrailerPark
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24/3/2014, 4:13 pm

TrailerPark wrote:
Erod wrote:

They're at most of the games already.  Yes, they can go into the game, I suppose, but that's even more telling.

What if you took the top two players off FC Gold?  Or the Texans or Sting or any team?  There'd be a massive dropoff, right?  Not so much at SRSA.  It all looks pretty much the same.

Solar has exactly one team in Lake Highlands, right?  It's not like they have 100 kids to "player pass" like FCD or Liverpool.  SRSA has two kids that are essentially on their roster anyway that they are loaning to the 02 team.

This is silly.  

Wrong EROD. They are on the '02 roster and had to submit for the player pass in order to play on Sunday if they wanted. In other words, AS or DM was terrified they were going to lose and had to submit the paperwork for the player pass.

terrified? against fcd gold? that's a good one...

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove on 24/3/2014, 4:26 pm

Maybe the genius in all of this, was that the coach scared the crap out of the FCD Gold parents/players by having the "2" show up!!
Big Stick!!
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod on 24/3/2014, 4:33 pm

TrailerPark wrote:
Erod wrote:

This is silly.  

Yeah, sure. An undefeated team that's scored a hundred jillion goals and has 90 percent possession against everyone it plays and hasn't ever lost to an 03 team to my knowledge is "terrified". LOL

The vicarious envy of that team is like nothing I've ever seen in Lake Highlands. I've watched my daughter's teams get pounded on occasion over the years, but I've never felt the bitterness and angst some of you do toward that team. I always thought my girls got something out of those games. It's quite strange and sad how so many of you attack that group of 11-year-old soccer players.

And the score was 5-1, right? Or did I misread that?

When I saw them play a few times, they had two subs. Maybe they wanted to beef up the bench for such a "big" game. I don't know.

Ya'll are funny.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailerPark on 24/3/2014, 4:46 pm

Hey EROD, do you drink that SRSA kool-aid from a dixie cup or is it just an automatic enema you get daily?

TrailerPark
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod on 24/3/2014, 5:16 pm

TrailerPark wrote:Hey EROD, do you drink that SRSA kool-aid from a dixie cup or is it just an automatic enema you get daily?

What a perfect picture frame for this entire phenomenon. Thank you.

And with that, I'm pulling myself out of this terminal 03 vortex about this one team. You guys enjoy.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 25/3/2014, 9:21 am

Not sure how many of you actually saw the game.  Yes our girls laid a big fat egg.  They went into the game playing with nerves because they were already defeated from the start when they saw the "two" warming up with the team.  We tried to keep the fact the they would be present from the girls until game time because based on the last time we played SRSA, we knew what would happen.  We received an 8-0 a** kicking back then twice in the same tournament.   Coach told the girls to just play soccer and don't worry so much about winning or losing, just give them the best game possible.  Now that doesn't mean much to a bunch of 10/11 yr old girls who are generally competitive in nature when they already know the deck is stacked against them.  Surprisingly, the two didn't start the game but our girls still weren't mentally ready.  We made lots of mistakes and Solar was up on us 3-0 at the half.  While we had several opportunities to score in the 1st half, we just couldn't seem to finish.  After the 1st half, our girls seemed to relax and play better.  Solar scored off a pk in the box and in IMO a questionable goal that was scored when one of our defenders was pushed into the goal while trying to clear the ball.  Now I believed this to be a foul on Solar or even a handling call on us (player fell on the ball in goal) but the ref awarded the goal instead and we found ourselves down 5-0.  Our girls kept playing knowing there was no way to win.  We had several other chances to score and again fell short.  Our shots just would not go in and this made all the difference in the game.  Towards the end of the game we saw daylight, and our forward beat the two Solar defenders from about midfield for a 1v1 with the goalie for a nice chip over her head for the score.  Even though the game was almost over, WE were still happy to have finally gotten in the goal and yes it was like winning the lottery to our girls.  What truly sets Solar a part from almost every other team is not only do they play a pretty game of soccer, their shots are usually precise and right on target.  I don't think anyone is arguing that they are still ahead of the pack but some day, some day, they will fall to another 03 team.  If the "two" were there as someone said earlier as an intimidation tactic, then well played because it worked.
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Just Soccer on 25/3/2014, 4:05 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:Yes our girls laid a big fat egg.  They went into the game playing with nerves because they were already defeated from the start when they saw the "two" warming up with the team.

Really?  Your girls knew who those "two" were on the sidelines?  Maybe we are just not on the same level or we are out of the loop or something.  But, I guarantee my daughter would have no idea who those girls are.  Let alone, get mentally defeated by just seeing them.

I'm not bashing your girls.  I'm just honestly asking... do all the 10/11 year old girls actually know these players?  Or is it really just the parents on this forum?

Its Just Soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious on 25/3/2014, 4:11 pm

All the top teams know them

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Just Soccer on 25/3/2014, 4:18 pm

ok. I just can't imagine my daughter looking over there, recognizing those 2 girls and then crumbling under the pressure. I can imagine parents doing that. But, not the girls.

Its Just Soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 25/3/2014, 4:22 pm

Its Just Soccer wrote:
2ddsinsoccer wrote:Yes our girls laid a big fat egg.  They went into the game playing with nerves because they were already defeated from the start when they saw the "two" warming up with the team.

Really?  Your girls knew who those "two" were on the sidelines?  Maybe we are just not on the same level or we are out of the loop or something.  But, I guarantee my daughter would have no idea who those girls are.  Let alone, get mentally defeated by just seeing them.

I'm not bashing your girls.  I'm just honestly asking... do all the 10/11 year old girls actually know these players?  Or is it really just the parents on this forum?

Yes - most of girls on top teams have played either with them or against them and know exactly who they are. It would only take your DD once playing against them to never forget them...
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer on 25/3/2014, 7:42 pm

Its Just Soccer wrote:

Its Just Soccer, to answer your question, yes all the girls who have ever played against those two girls know them and know them well. Every team who has ever played them know what they are capable of. Just go look at their gotSoccer history prior to them playing up with the 02's. The amount of goals they helped the team put up is ridiculous. In case you missed it in my earlier post, we played them last year in Carey Invitational and got whipped twice 8-0. We played them in TGPL and lost 10-3, the "two" guest played just recently in Vegas Cup with Arsenal Brown and we lost in the Final to them as well. So yes Sir, our GIRLS know them and our parents do to. My DD has actually played against them in Futsal and 3v3 so they are friendly competitors and at the same time rivals on the soccer field. BTW not only do most of the top teams know the two, they know them by name.
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 26/3/2014, 9:39 am

And just as a side note for "Its Just Soccer" the above statement is from a Mom with a DD that has talent in the same category as "the two"… The DDs, parents and coaches also know what 23 is capable of when she steps on the field.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum