North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SMU Camp Experiences/Feedback Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

SMU Camp Experiences/Feedback

Go down

SMU Camp Experiences/Feedback Empty SMU Camp Experiences/Feedback

Post by soccer_papa 19/03/14, 02:37 pm

Does anyone have any feedback/experience with SMU's full-day (non-residential) summer soccer camp? [not bad; great; stay way...]

Thx

soccer_papa
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

SMU Camp Experiences/Feedback Empty Re: SMU Camp Experiences/Feedback

Post by DEUTCHERULES 22/03/14, 12:10 pm

DD went last summer one week overnight camp. She was extremely disappointed. They pooled players together only by age and not by experience or level. Shes on D2 team and said it was like a beginner camp. Waste of money . Positive was the experience of staying away from home one week ... But not much else. If we did overnight again we we'd look at A&M ... And elsewhere. Heard Tatu's camps were great but don't think he's doing it this year.

DEUTCHERULES
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by dallasgal 23/03/14, 09:50 pm

For rich Highland Park, rec players. Not a great camp if your dd is any good - i.e., she's not going to learn anything or get any better. But saying that, my dd likes SMU and enjoyed it nonetheless.

dallasgal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 24/03/14, 09:34 am

Registered last Summer, then was advised by DD skills coach that this camp is largely for beginners. Was going to send her anyway just for the extra touches...then she got hurt (out of soccer for 6 weeks) the Thursday before camp and couldn't participate. SMU REFUSED to refund anything!! Not impressed, won't recommend it!

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/03/14, 11:01 am

I assume the website says no refunds but I doubt you read it..
Don't blame them, be an adult....

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 24/03/14, 07:47 pm

Why is everyone so quick to be snarcky on this forum? Original poster asked for feedback, good or bad. Don't be "that guy" that goes for the personal attack just because you feel it's your right. It's this nonsense thst prevents a lot of people from posting...really muddy's the whole forum concept...too bad. As fir the personal attack ob my ability to behave like an adult...not taking the bait...

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 24/03/14, 07:51 pm

Side note: ... was also scheduled for A&M and not only did they refund the significantly higher cost, they sent her the camp ball and shirt she would have rec'd...now that's just good busibess!

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 24/03/14, 09:37 pm

meriusrex wrote:Why is everyone so quick to be snarcky on this forum? Original poster asked for feedback, good or bad. Don't be "that guy" that goes for the personal attack just because you feel it's your right. It's this nonsense thst prevents a lot of people from posting...really muddy's the whole forum concept...too bad. As fir the personal attack ob my ability to behave like an adult...not taking the bait...

cheers cheers cheers 

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard 24/03/14, 10:22 pm

Since we are talking about camps, does anybody have any feedback on the UNT camp?
Wizard
Wizard
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by moto_jim 25/03/14, 08:03 am

If you're looking for a fun camp close to home then this is a good candidate. My dd (DII U14 now) went to last year's camp. She didn't walk away with any new skills or earth shattering improvement but she described it as fun and well organized. As others have mentioned the players are not broken up by skill level.
moto_jim
moto_jim
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/03/14, 10:16 am

soccer_papa wrote:Does anyone have any feedback/experience with SMU's full-day (non-residential) summer soccer camp?   [not bad; great; stay way...]

Thx

What age group is your DD?  I think SMU is a good day camp for the younger kids, but once your DD is more skilled and in competitive soccer you would probably want something more challenging.  But yes, for a fun camp, close to home it should be a good experience.

Another suggestion I would make: If your daughter is an 05 or younger (so still in academy after July 1st) it might be worth your time to try some of the camps run by clubs.  You can get a feel for some of the coaches at Solar, DeFeeters, AYSES, or whomever you want by attending one of their camps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/03/14, 10:26 am

psst here's the dirty secret... NO 5 day camp improves your kid that much, no matter what gullible parents hope...

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 25/03/14, 10:38 am

If your DD is a top level player or the next Mia, she may not learn that much in 5 days.
And she certainly won't be greatly improved in 5 days.

If your DD is an average or new select player or, dare I say it, a REC player....
then yes, I guarantee you can learn enough in 5 days to become a much improved player.

Now, will you leave the camp that much better? Maybe. Probably not.
But you will leave with the knowledge to become a better player.
Your DD must take the time to practice and apply the new found skills and tactics.

Coach
Coach
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sideliner 25/03/14, 02:45 pm

Great camp! My DD went a few years ago with a couple of friends and loved it! Several D1 players were there in various age groups. They moved her up to an older and more skilled group. She worked hard to compete at that level, so I feel it was a good learning experience for her. I saw some advanced groups and some that needed more help with mastering basic skills. The camp is only as good as the girls are open to it being. Same with all camps; if the girls show up to hang out and don't work out then the experience will be that. The coaches were involved and eager to teach the girls. As a parent, I enjoyed getting to watch the evening games and see she was happy. She has mentioned going again this summer. Too bad all the same friends won't be there!
sideliner
sideliner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/03/14, 02:55 pm

sideliner wrote:Great camp! My DD went a few years ago with a couple of friends and loved it! Several D1 players were there in various age groups. They moved her up to an older and more skilled group. She worked hard to compete at that level, so I feel it was a good learning experience for her. I saw some advanced groups and some that needed more help with mastering basic skills. The camp is only as good as the girls are open to it being. Same with all camps; if the girls show up to hang out and don't work out then the experience will be that. The coaches were involved and eager to teach the girls. As a parent, I enjoyed getting to watch the evening games and see she was happy. She has mentioned going again this summer. Too bad all the same friends won't be there!

we did the same and our experience was the same as yours. we would go again

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down