Latest topics
» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Today at 12:42 pm

» Competitive Small sided in Allen/McKinney/Frisco/Plano
by chandrarr Today at 12:41 pm

» 01 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 12:15 pm

» Trophy Hunting?
by 7WhiskeyPapa Today at 12:08 pm

» Equal Playing Time For Players ?
by KeeperCommander Today at 10:28 am

» Hello Plano Labor Day Tournament... Is anybody in there?
by TxFutbal Today at 10:11 am

» TOURNAMENT: U90C Labor Day Open - Sept 1-4
by U90C Today at 09:56 am

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Today at 09:35 am

» FBR 09G April 30th 2017
by FBR07G Today at 09:07 am

» BMS Friday Soccer Skills Sessions
by psaldivar Today at 08:57 am

» Adidas Germantown Invitational
by db10 Today at 08:20 am

» Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule
by Poacher Today at 08:00 am

» 07 LH QT
by 7WhiskeyPapa Yesterday at 08:19 pm

» FDSP Training Program 2017/2018
by cityfutsal Yesterday at 07:45 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 03:56 pm

» 09 Girls Team looking for players - Sting Mendoza - Dallas
by dorn993678 Yesterday at 02:47 pm

» 99 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 01:09 pm

» Looking to scrimmage 8/19
by LittleFeet10 Yesterday at 12:19 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Labor Day Open (Sept 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 10:28 am

» FCD. #23 AM full kit +extra
by momofsoccergirls 16/08/17, 11:51 pm

» Schedule for Lakehighlands Girls 07
by TxFutbal 16/08/17, 10:07 pm

» Turf Cup 3v3 Needs 2005, 2008 & 2009 Teams for This Weekend
by mexgenius 16/08/17, 02:46 pm

» D'Feeters 2010 North Team Forming
by dfeeters10north 16/08/17, 12:13 pm

» Sports Organization Management Software Jevin Dan Ptak TX
by Foxysoccermom 16/08/17, 11:50 am

» Sting YXL game shorts - $15
by phantoms 16/08/17, 11:49 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11234 registered users
The newest registered user is eajustin

Our users have posted a total of 161556 messages in 20306 subjects

2014 State Cup Brackets

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2014 State Cup Brackets

Post by Guest on 12/05/14, 12:47 pm

Congratulations Solar! Great job fighting through until the end!
Sounds like all of this past weekend's games were fun to watch. Solar finally scores on FCD Premier to win; FCD Gold gets a PK to beat DTS; and Solar vs. FCD Gold just a good nail-biting hard fought game on both ends. From my observation, I didn't see total domination of any game by any team, which makes for good competition. All of these are great teams, and Solar did just what they do...Win Games!

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Just Soccer on 12/05/14, 03:32 pm

clique0205 wrote:Congratulations Solar! Great job fighting through until the end!
Sounds like all of this past weekend's games were fun to watch.  Solar finally scores on FCD Premier to win; FCD Gold gets a PK to beat DTS; and Solar vs. FCD Gold just a good nail-biting hard fought game on both ends. From my observation, I didn't see total domination of any game by any team, which makes for good competition.  All of these are great teams, and Solar did just what they do...Win Games!

I'd still classify Solar as "total domination". They were almost always first to ball and possessed the ball most of the time in each game But, the other top teams are very close in toughness and perseverance (some cases maybe even better). Solar could have lost either game. Several shots over the goal or off to the side from both FCD teams. BUT, they didn't lose. The best team usually finds a way to win and Solar has been winning for a long time. Congrats. I'm glad I got see see both their games. They are fun to watch.

Its Just Soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow on 12/05/14, 04:40 pm

I didn't see domination or exlcusive possession in several recent Solar Games and that appears to be reflected in the Scores.  I know a lot of teams who are looking forward to next season and some more close competitive Games not just with Solar.  The SRSA domination is coming to an end. Assuming all of the D1 teams continue their committment to excellence Solar will have some pretty stiff competition next year. Should make it interesting for everyone including Solar.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 on 12/05/14, 05:54 pm

I guess that's why you're a newbie! Solar totally had control of both games. I counted atleast 6 balls that hit the crossbar in the Championship game. Our girls didn't finish and FCP&Gold kept the pressure on and could've won the game that they were in. That's why you play the game, on any given Sunday that upset can happen. Congratulations to both teams, they have solid teams and will do well in the future.
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Re: 2014 State Cup Finals

Post by 11wisemonkeys on 12/05/14, 07:33 pm

newbiefornow wrote:I didn't see domination or exlcusive possession in several recent Solar Games and that appears to be reflected in the Scores.  I know a lot of teams who are looking forward to next season and some more close competitive Games not just with Solar.  The SRSA domination is coming to an end. Assuming all of the D1 teams continue their committment to excellence Solar will have some pretty stiff competition next year. Should make it interesting for everyone including Solar.

What happens when SRSA recruit other top players and the two studs come back to play for Solca?
11wisemonkeys
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bwgophers on 12/05/14, 08:23 pm

11wisemonkeys wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:I didn't see domination or exlcusive possession in several recent Solar Games and that appears to be reflected in the Scores.  I know a lot of teams who are looking forward to next season and some more close competitive Games not just with Solar.  The SRSA domination is coming to an end. Assuming all of the D1 teams continue their committment to excellence Solar will have some pretty stiff competition next year. Should make it interesting for everyone including Solar.

What happens when SRSA recruit other top players and the two studs come back to play for Solca?

I am not associated with Solar. I have never seen either SRSA '02 or SRSA '03 play. Have never seen the two '03 "studs" play. Only know what I read about them on the boards (both NTX and SoCal).

I can tell you with 100% certainty that neither of these 2 players will ever come back and play full time with SRSA '03.

It serves those players no purpose to come back and dominate the '03's. Their parents are looking far beyond U12, U13, U14, ... and playing in their own age group does absolutely ZERO for their long-term development.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Location : Enjoying Semi-Retirement as the Michael Slater Honorary Professor Emeritus of FBR at the Chamber of Imaginary Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy on 12/05/14, 10:44 pm

bwgophers wrote:
11wisemonkeys wrote:

I am not associated with Solar.  I have never seen either SRSA '02 or SRSA '03 play.  Have never seen the two '03 "studs" play.  Only know what I read about them on the boards (both NTX and SoCal).

I can tell you with 100% certainty that neither of these 2 players will ever come back and play full time with SRSA '03.

It serves those players no purpose to come back and dominate the '03's.  Their parents are looking far beyond U12, U13, U14, ... and playing in their own age group does absolutely ZERO for their long-term development.

PR does wonders i tell you..especially when you think your child will gain from it when important people see you post it Smile

But i will say this, at this age it's way early to label 11yr a stud, especially when SRSA 03' prolly has 6-8 of the top players on there team right now in there age group. Save that label come ECNL time when those little girls are dominating there age group,then they will have earn that title.

If anyone in that age group deserves the title of "Stud" imo would be the the forward from FC Dallas Gold that has done amazing things without the same supporting players as those 2 girls had at 03' SRSA team.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 12/05/14, 11:04 pm

11wisemonkeys wrote:

The same thing that happened to Texans '99 when Madison Haley and Haley Berg came back to play with their age group.  Wait a minute....they never came back to play with their own age group once they left at u11.

If the two solar players ever showed up in an '03 game before their u18 season it would mean that they can't hang at the older ages or it is about their Dads getting bored and wanting some spotlight for themselves.  The Dads of those girls are smart enough to know that once you make varsity as a Freshman you never go back to play Freshman ball.  Heck in most cases you don't even go back to watch Freshman games friends be damned.  Those guys may toy with your emotions about them playing '03 ball if you allow them to but they know that playing in their age group is so beyond/beneath their daughters now.  The only folks that benefit from those girls playing '03 are the '03s that they would be playing against (not even their teammates).  

Let's see...they are the marquee players on an older age group team that just won state cup.  What profit is it to them to go back and help the '03 team that just won state cup win it again the following year?!?  

They've moved on now let's move on too.
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy on 12/05/14, 11:52 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
11wisemonkeys wrote:

The same thing that happened to Texans '99 when Madison Haley and Haley Berg came back to play with their age group.  Wait a minute....they never came back to play with their own age group once they left at u11.

If the two solar players ever showed up in an '03 game before their u18 season it would mean that they can't hang at the older ages or it is about their Dads getting bored and wanting some spotlight for themselves.  The Dads of those girls are smart enough to know that once you make varsity as a Freshman you never go back to play Freshman ball.  Heck in most cases you don't even go back to watch Freshman games friends be damned.  Those guys may toy with your emotions about them playing '03 ball if you allow them to but they know that playing in their age group is so beyond/beneath their daughters now.  The only folks that benefit from those girls playing '03 are the '03s that they would be playing against (not even their teammates).  

Let's see...they are the marquee players on an older age group team that just won state cup.  What profit is it to them to go back and help the '03 team that just won state cup win it again the following year?!?  

They've moved on now let's move on too.

Im curious did those 2 commit to a top 10 D1 school?

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 on 13/05/14, 12:16 am

For all of you Newbies, get ready a change is happening. It happens ever year, just be ready for something that you never thought  would happen. 4-8 girls leaving a team to a coach taking a team to another club. A lot of people said that Solar Chelsea Red would not dominate this was proven wrong. Some teams will get stronger and others will not be around next year.
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious on 13/05/14, 10:32 am

Just as SRSA will get a new player or 2...........

the other teams are going to drop girls 13-16 on the roster and pick up a few new players, may have impact players jumping from team to team, should be interesting...........

SRSA will still dominate next year, go undefeated again, I don't think they will...................

we will not see the 2 studs again until U18

Already looking forward to July to see who ends up where, what team jump clubs, what team implodes

And most importantly, see where Coach and Ref 03 ends up???????????????????????

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref on 13/05/14, 11:04 am

Just Curious wrote:Just as SRSA will get a new player or 2...........

the other teams are going to drop girls 13-16 on the roster and pick up a few new players, may have impact players jumping from team to team, should be interesting...........

SRSA will still dominate next year, go undefeated again, I don't think they will...................

we will not see the 2 studs again until U18

Already looking forward to July to see who ends up where, what team jump clubs, what team implodes

And most importantly, see where Coach and Ref 03 ends up???????????????????????

Oh geez...

The answer is, "probably nowhere."

I don't know why anyone would care anyway. My daughter would just take up one of the 13-16 spots and just crowd the bench.

Plus, everyone knows I'm poor, which is no shocker, so it's a moot point anyway.  Crying or Very sad

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 on 13/05/14, 12:13 pm

turftoe9 wrote:For all of you Newbies, get ready a change is happening. It happens ever year, just be ready for something that you never thought  would happen. 4-8 girls leaving a team to a coach taking a team to another club. A lot of people said that Solar Chelsea Red would not dominate this was proven wrong. Some teams will get stronger and others will not be around next year.

This sounds very specific. Can't you give us any more? Does it affect any other age groups, or just the '03s?
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13/05/14, 12:30 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:For all of you Newbies, get ready a change is happening. It happens ever year, just be ready for something that you never thought  would happen. 4-8 girls leaving a team to a coach taking a team to another club. A lot of people said that Solar Chelsea Red would not dominate this was proven wrong. Some teams will get stronger and others will not be around next year.

This sounds very specific. Can't you give us any more? Does it affect any other age groups, or just the '03s?

I am not sure how the '03 move from U11 to U12 will differ from other years (the '02s, '01s, etc), but I have been told by many people that there will be more movement than most parents are expecting.  The more experienced soccer parents say that the 10 D1 teams will collect even more of the talent out there and that will affect all the other levels of LHGCL.  I guess we will see.

I do find it interesting that there is a huge difference in finding a team this year as opposed to going into select for the first time last year.  This year, parents know where the "top" 26 teams will be playing.  Last year, a family may have looked at a team and worried if they would be D1, D3 or even make LHGCL.  This year it should be easier to find the right fit for your DD.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 13/05/14, 12:57 pm

There's a pecking order it seems, top DI teams get first look, then the bottom half of DI/DII get first look at the DD's that get cut or move on from the Top DI teams. And so on and so on. Signing day can't get here soon enough for most coaches and managers.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13/05/14, 01:21 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:There's a pecking order it seems, top DI teams get first look, then the bottom half of DI/DII get first look at the DD's that get cut or move on from the Top DI teams. And so on and so on. Signing day can't get here soon enough for most coaches and managers.

That pattern of how the movement works makes sense to me, but is there a pattern to predict which teams (if any) will not be around come July 1st?  Is it the U11 teams from D3 that didn't earn a bye and don't like the prospect of re-qualifying?  Is it the U11 D2 teams that didn't make the top 10 and their best talent looks for greener pastures?  Will any of the teams that made D1 for next year fall apart (seems like they would get stronger - not fall apart)?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum