North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Donald Sterling Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Donald Sterling

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Donald Sterling Empty Donald Sterling

Post by 10sDad 30/04/14, 10:22 am

So, Ron Artest goes into the stands and punches fans...changes his name to "World Peace", and all is forgiven.

Do you suppose the NBA would follow precedent and recind the lifetime ban on Donald Sterling if he changes his name to "Affirmative Action"? Laughing

Seriously, though...they guy is an idiot and I don't blame the NBA for not wanting him associated with their organization - I put him right there with Marge Schott and Jimmy the Greek.  But at the same time there have been sports figures that have done waaaay worse than Sterling with little or no repercussions...you know, little things like racketeering/dogfighting, rape, conspiracy to commit murder, drugs, wife-beating, fan-beating, beating up their coach, assaulting referees, the list goes on and on.  Go ahead and do all sorts of violent, criminal acts you want with little or no punishment (Vick ultimately got only a 2 game suspension) - but don't offend the thought police, or you are banned for life.  I believe the NBA has the legal authority to ban him from their organization...but does their punishment fit the crime? Should legal precedent apply? Do their bylaws allow them to pick and choose who they punish regardless of the offence?

With this dufus's propencity to sue people, and a virtually unlimited bank account to fund lawyers, I suspect we have only witnessed round 1 here...this will be interesting to watch how it ultimately plays out.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Donald Sterling Empty Re: Donald Sterling

Post by Tiki-taka 30/04/14, 10:35 am

It's the herd mentality of the USA taking over. And the thought police are taking more control. When will they come for us Christians...or Mormons...or the Global Warming Naysayers, or Kicks bashers, or Spurs Fans...

The guy is a racist pig and a moron.

For the conspiracy nuts: The event that triggered this was the taking down of a picture of the "girlfriend" and Magic Johnson, the taped conversation then goes public. Guess who wants to buy the Clippers: Magic Johnson. Could this be in any way a set up? Probably not as they didn't put words in his mouth, but sure coinky dink that Magic has the most to gain from this event....
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 30/04/14, 10:43 am

Really, no one should be surprised as he has been fined for discriminating in his other business before.

What is interesting is that he was obviously setup to get caught and seriously led along in the conversation to say his stupid thoughts by a woman who was rumored to have been with Magic Johnson. To top it off, he is now being forced to sell and guess what, none other than Magic Johnson is reportedly interested in buying the team....

Still I can't feel sorry for the guy... 30 Years ago he bought the team for $12 Million. If he is forced to sell he will likely get over $700-800 Million for it.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 30/04/14, 10:56 am

Magic does have a lot to gain here....but I also saw Spike Lee in the front row at the press conference. I wonder what would happen if HE bought a team...he is constantly spewing racist comments in PUBLIC.

Now there would be an angle for Sterling...sell the team to Lee with NBA approval...then sue for unlawful franchise contract termination.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 30/04/14, 11:12 am

Texas:
It's like a whole other Country
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/04/14, 11:25 am

soccersounder wrote:Texas:
 cheers What I'm reading in the above posts is: What he said was terrible but it' could all be  an African American conspiracy.

The guys a douche lets just leave it at that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 30/04/14, 11:40 am

Master Bates wrote:
 cheers What I'm reading in the above posts is: What he said was terrible but it' could all be  an African American conspiracy.

The guys a douche lets just leave it at that!

So now conspiracies have ethnicities? I think you are adding a bit but yea... who cares about the guy himself... ultimately he is an idiot but it's an interesting story for a number of reasons.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 30/04/14, 11:46 am

Better than soggy a$$ Washington.

Last edited by Seven on 30/04/14, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/04/14, 11:47 am

Sterling's idiocy is beyond question, but Silver/owners may bail him out if they force him to sell by opening up the NBA up to litigation from the fool.

Sterling was going to have to sell the team as all sponsors, fans, players and coaches would have nothing to do with him and the revenues and value of the franchise will be dwindling.

If the NBA forces him to sell in any specific timeframe, they may just be opening the window for the slime ball to sue for any loss in value of the franchise.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 30/04/14, 12:00 pm

cheers cheers  ^^ This!!

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 30/04/14, 12:10 pm

Tiki-taka wrote:When will they come for us Kicks bashers, or Spurs Fans...
They are already coming for you!!  Suspect  Suspect 
You've been warned.  lol! lol!

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by new_to_the_pitch 30/04/14, 12:22 pm

What we fail to realize is that when billionaires see a threat to their ability to continue to make billions, they will do anything they can to eliminate that threat. The Clips very quickly lost at least a half dozen sponsorship deals within a day or two. You don't think the Dolan's, Buss', Cuban's and their other billionaire buddies would just let that happen to the rest of the league. Unfortunately, it's not about what is right but what the BOTTOM LINE reads. Ron Artest (well maybe not him) fills the seats. Donald Sterling brings down the house.

new_to_the_pitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 30/04/14, 01:15 pm

You will be assimilated!
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 02:04 pm

You are right the discrepancy between vick and sterling A billionare loses his toy to play with  Sad . The quarterback goes to prison and loses everything and has to start over. Do you even read what you type??? He is free to say and believe whatever he wants and the NBA is free to not want him. He is free to become the social pariah that he should be. Right now the KKK grandmaster is deleating him from his facebook. You are right on one thing though "they are coming for you" His views are become unacceptable in our society. People are starting to not just look they other way. Make the vote public and the NBA owners will vote him off the island. No owner wants his black players to see that he was the guy that voted to keep the racist around. And of course you don't think the punishment fit the crime because he wasn't talking about you. You should try the say whatever you want at your job and see how long you keep it. On the bright side maybe Sterling can hire you. Just hope you aren't black
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/04/14, 02:38 pm

go99 wrote:You are right the discrepancy between vick and sterling A billionare loses his toy to play with  Sad .  The quarterback goes to prison and loses everything and has to start over.  Do you even read what you type???  He is free to say and believe whatever he wants and the NBA is free to not want him.  He is free to become the social pariah that he should be.  Right now the KKK grandmaster is deleating him from his facebook.  You are right on one thing though "they are coming for you"  His views are become unacceptable in our society.  People are starting to not just look they other way.  Make the vote public and the NBA owners will vote him off the island.  No owner wants his black players to see that he was the guy that voted to keep the racist around. And of course you don't think the punishment fit the crime because he wasn't talking about you.  You should try the say whatever you want at your job and see how long you keep it.  On the bright side maybe Sterling can hire you.  Just hope you aren't black

I can see your point.  I assume you will also be calling for snoop Doggs record company to terminate him and his contract for this racist outburst also right? 

[size=44] Snoop calls Sterling "bitch-azz redneck, white bread, chicken s**t mother f***er."[/size]

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 02:45 pm

no but I support Sterling to go out and become a rapper. Don't be stupid trying to suggest that an NBA owner and a rapper are the same thing. And for the record I don't believe has been found to be "Treating" whites unfairly regardless of what he said. Sterling has. He has a history of action that supports the very words he was caught saying
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 30/04/14, 02:48 pm

not really sure what your incoherent rambling was trying to say, but it appears as though you think I side with Sterling...false. I side with the NBA on this. Throw him out. The NBA is an association that can exclude members if they wish - and in this case, rightly so.

My point is that if they are going to hold themselves up as some sort of moral authority, they best be consistent. Not only am I happy about this douchbag being thrown out, but I would like to see others as well. To hold someones opinion (as sick as it might be) as a higher measure of moral terpitude than violent actions just doesn't make any sense to me. When Artest attacks fans and gets merely a year, Spree attacks his coach and gets less than a year, etc...They should have been banned for life as well. They do not epitomize the moral standard that the NBA states they wish to uphold.

On the race thing...I throw Strom Thurmond, Spike Lee, David Duke, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Marge Schott, et al into the same bucket. A racist is a racist - skin color be darned.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/04/14, 02:58 pm

go99 wrote:no but I support Sterling to go out and become a rapper.  Don't be stupid trying to suggest that an NBA owner and a rapper are the same thing.  And for the record I don't believe has been found to be "Treating" whites unfairly regardless of what he said.  Sterling has.  He has a history of action that supports the very words he was caught saying

sterling was supposed to get a naacp lifetime achievement award. guess they were satisfied up until this point. last time i checked they were both american citizens and grown men. you proved my point, the hypocritical SELECTIVE outrage. when you are ready to hold ALL americans to the same standard, i will support you 100 percent, until then its just rank hypocrisy

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 03:29 pm

I am still going to disagree. What sterling and Schott have is the power to inflict harm with their views. The kkk guy talking white power in his hole in the wall isn't a real problem. The problem is the Sterlings of the world who have the power to inflict harm. So no I don't think you support his views you are just deflecting them. "Sure what he did is bad but look what those black guys did". And Sharpton, jackson, lee aren't racist. They are douchbag, opportunistic, race baiters. But they don't hold a view that whites are less than blacks
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/04/14, 03:34 pm

go99 wrote:I am still going to disagree.  What sterling and Schott have is the power to inflict harm with their views.  The kkk guy talking white power in his hole in the wall isn't a real problem.  The problem is the Sterlings of the world who have the power to inflict harm.  So no I don't think you support his views you are just deflecting them.  "Sure what he did is bad but look what those black guys did".  And Sharpton, jackson, lee aren't racist.  They are douchbag, opportunistic, race baiters.  But they don't hold a view that whites are less than blacks

nice try. you dont get to give passes to racists just because they share your skin color. if racism is wrong, its wrong for everyone....

"Sure what he did is bad but look what those black guys did". And Sharpton, jackson, lee aren't racist. They are douchbag, opportunistic, race baiters. But they don't hold a view that whites are less than blacks

by the way this is just utterly ridiculous and excuse making...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 30/04/14, 03:38 pm

go99 wrote:I am still going to disagree.  What sterling and Schott have is the power to inflict harm with their views.  The kkk guy talking white power in his hole in the wall isn't a real problem.  The problem is the Sterlings of the world who have the power to inflict harm.  So no I don't think you support his views you are just deflecting them.  "Sure what he did is bad but look what those black guys did".  And Sharpton, jackson, lee aren't racist.  They are douchbag, opportunistic, race baiters.  But they don't hold a view that whites are less than blacks

Your definition of racism is a bit off.
Racism is not based just on who thinks who is superior... It is ultimately based on the hatred or even dislike of someone based solely on their skin color/race.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 03:43 pm

silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:no but I support Sterling to go out and become a rapper.  Don't be stupid trying to suggest that an NBA owner and a rapper are the same thing.  And for the record I don't believe has been found to be "Treating" whites unfairly regardless of what he said.  Sterling has.  He has a history of action that supports the very words he was caught saying

sterling was supposed to get a naacp lifetime achievement award. guess they were satisfied up until this point. last time i checked they were both american citizens and grown men. you proved my point, the hypocritical SELECTIVE outrage. when you are ready to hold ALL americans to the same standard, i will support you 100 percent, until then its just rank hypocrisy

Thats just stupid!!! We do not hold all americans to the same standard. A NBA owner, CEO, your boss is not held to the same standard as entertainers, employees. He was going to get the award because they are corrupt and he made a big donation (to buy the award) His record speaks for itself and no I didn;t prove your point because you don't have one. You won't support me 100% because you lack the empathy to see the damage that people like sterling cause because in the end it is all about you and Sterling wasn't talking about "you"

Now here is the hypocrisy for you. The Black players in the NFL must stand up against the redskins name. Because it is a smaller less vocal minority the insult has been allowed to pass. There is no way they would allow the team to be called the "blackies" so you cannot stand with redskin. Change the name to a tribe or anything else. but the name is and has always been an insult. Now that's hypocrisy but you don't care about that hypocrisy because again it isn't about you
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/04/14, 03:45 pm

Shelby427 wrote:

Racism is not based just on who thinks who is superior... It is ultimately based on the hatred or even dislike of someone based solely on their skin color/race.

No yours is off

"Racism is actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other "

I don't think Sterling "hates" blacks

Spike lee doesn't hate white. He is bitter, mouthy and a poor director. And Jackson and sharpton need whites otherwise they would have to go get a real job.

Last edited by go99 on 30/04/14, 03:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/04/14, 03:47 pm

no actually you are a hypocrite. paula deen calls a criminal who held a gun to her head the n word and people want her business destroyed etc but snoop dogg says racist things and thats" different". i dont support you because you are a hypocrite who holds different people to different standards, you even defend sharpton and other black racists merely because you share the same skin color....i also guess we should change the name of the vikings too, thats racist too..

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 30/04/14, 03:53 pm

go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

No yours is off

"Racism is actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other "

I don't think Sterling "hates" blacks

So as long as I don't believe I am superior, I can discriminate based on what I like or don't like and that is ok? Do you see how silly that is? That is your rule... You might think Oakland is a superior team to the Rangers, and you might still hate Oakland because of who they are. Now while it is ok to dislike sports teams for whatever reason, as a society most people believe it is just to judge people on their deeds and actions, not their banner.

I don't know if he hates them, but he doesn't like them simply because they are black... That is racism.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next