Latest topics
Northwest Heat 04s - Open Tryouts!Today at 08:22 pmNorthwest FC
Northwest Heat looking! Open practices starting Tuesday Today at 08:21 pmNorthwest FC
Sting Kit #30- AL/AMToday at 06:50 pm04Cleats
Juventus Premier FC Today at 05:38 pmseeyouonthepitch
Still undecided or need a team?Today at 05:30 pmseeyouonthepitch
Still looking for the best fit for your DDToday at 05:29 pmseeyouonthepitch
Looking to possibly add one playerToday at 04:39 pmseamusdog
03 team looking for a goalie - open practice/tryoutsToday at 04:33 pmkwilson00
Dallas Texans Division making switchToday at 03:56 pmBENDMEOVER
Celtic 10G- Flower Mound AreaToday at 03:54 pmCelticSoccer
Dallas Texans 09g Samba - open tryouts - bye into LHGCLToday at 02:23 pmMpereztx10
FC Dallas West 12GToday at 01:53 pmacademysoccerkeller
FC Dallas West 11GToday at 01:50 pmacademysoccerkeller
Blackhawks FC 06Boys: 2 roster spots available--GKToday at 01:17 pmReccos1
Solar 01G East NPL Hedges/LHGCL D1Today at 01:12 pmThe Dean
2012 Celtic Boys- looking for 1-2 playersToday at 12:40 pmCelticSoccer
COMING AUGUST 2019 - #areyoureadyToday at 12:05 pmPITSoccer
TX Spirit 06 Bewley OPEN PRACTICESToday at 11:16 amBFC
TEAMS LIST*DEADLINE EXTENDED - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSICToday at 10:21 ammusaisaya
2011B Dallas City FC in McKinney looking for playersToday at 10:11 amMenchaca.a
D'Feeters Kicks 06G - LH D2 ByeToday at 10:09 amD06GT
DFW Thunder 02 Girls GrapevineToday at 09:57 amThunderCoachWhite
DFW Thunder 02G GrapevineToday at 09:56 amThunderCoachWhite
Solar 08G J RangelToday at 09:52 amcentermidmom
Renegades 2012G Saldivar adding for 7v7Today at 08:55 amRenegades Soccer Club

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Kansas City U14 Showcase Pixel
Statistics
We have 13580 registered users
The newest registered user is NTXSoccerMama1

Our users have posted a total of 192625 messages in 26956 subjects

Kansas City U14 Showcase

Go down

Kansas City U14 Showcase Empty Kansas City U14 Showcase

Post by DDdad on 05/05/14, 05:26 pm

Without the fanfare of the older girls (U15 and above), the U14's had their Showcase event this past weekend in Kansas City (Overland Park). The weather was absolutely perfect and that complex has to be one of the nicest in the Country. 12 huge Turf fields that if they were not new, were all but new. Very nice complex. Lots of concern about turf burns and not playing on grass but I did not see a single turf burn all weekend nor hear any illicit stories of bad bounces, holes in the field etc etc. Out of the five teams, I'm aware of one twisted ankle in 15 games.

North Texas fared very well. The Showcase had teams from primarily the Midwest including Chicago, Michigan, Colorado, Arizona and several from the Mid Atlantic area.

As far as I know:
Sting 2 Wins 1 Loss to #4 Sockers 0-1
Texans 2 Wins and 1 Loss to #10 Michigan Hawks 0-3
D'Feeters 3 Wins including over the aforementioned Michigan Hawks 1-0
Solar 3 Wins including a win over the #11 Colorado Real 2-0
FCD I know of 2 wins. I have not heard on their game vs Colorado Real.

Thus, in 15 games, NT went 12-3 or 13-2.

I know that the Sockers had all they wanted and considered themselves lucky to take the win (from their parents).

Talking to a Hawk parent, they were very surprised by the D'Feeters and thought "this would be the easy game. They acknowledged that the goal was a solid goal.

I heard the Colorado Real was crazy skilled. Very Technical. Won the first half on style points. Got worn down in the 2nd half and talking to a parent who ONLY saw the 2nd half, Solar was "dominating".

Of the 16 teams that will probably be at Nationals, 5 were at this Showcase (Lonestar, Texans, Real, Hawks and Sockers) with Solar in the hunt.

All in all, a good weekend for North Texas.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Kansas City U14 Showcase Empty Re: Kansas City U14 Showcase

Post by dewyoxburger on 05/05/14, 07:15 pm

i saw that the Solar ECNL team didn't make it to nationals. That's not fair. They had great showing in KC

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad on 05/05/14, 07:25 pm

Has nothing to do with Kansas City and is totally fair. They are not eliminated at this point but they need to win and probably would not mind a little help. Based solely on season standings.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 05/05/14, 07:41 pm

Looking at the schedule, I'd say the Hawks were legit, having played 3 very good NTX opponents over 24 hrs, whereas most teams had one or two "easier" (per rankings) match(es) on schedule.

Hawks v Lonestar: 2–1 @ 11am
Hawks v DTX: 3-0 @ 5pm
Hawks v Defeeters: 0-1 @ 10:30 am

NTX's shared opponents:
Sporting Blue Valley: .92 PPG
SLSG ECNL: 1.25 PPG
SC Del Sol: .56 PPG
SLSG Metro: 1.25 PPG
Sereno: .69 PPG
Minnesota Thunder: .36 PPG

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 06/05/14, 11:27 am

I was able to peek in on the Michigan Hawks team over the weekend. They are very talented up front. The D'feeters did a very good job playing the Hawks and did NTX very proud. I'm not sure what happen in the Texans game but I will admit, there was a difference in the speed of play by the Hawks when they played Lonestar Saturday morning and the D'feeters on Sunday morning. I know everyone played the same amount of games but I do think the Texans or the KC heat, as compared the low temps in Michigan, wore down the Hawks by Sunday morning - then add the dominant defense by D'feeters. The Hawks got see the Texas division gauntlet and I see why we are considered the toughest conference in the ECNL.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 07/05/14, 09:53 am

How is the Texan's Midfielder? The one that hurt her ankle. I hope she's doing well and nothing serious.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 09/05/14, 01:47 pm

Tiger wrote:I was able to peek in on the Michigan Hawks team over the weekend. They are very talented up front. The D'feeters did a very good job playing the Hawks and did NTX very proud. I'm not sure what happen in the Texans game but I will admit, there was a difference in the speed of play by the Hawks when they played Lonestar Saturday morning and the D'feeters on Sunday morning. I know everyone played the same amount of games but I do think the Texans or the KC heat, as compared the low temps in Michigan, wore down the Hawks by Sunday morning - then add the dominant defense by D'feeters. The Hawks got see the Texas division gauntlet and I see why we are considered the toughest conference in the ECNL.

I am a little troubled that the first 2/3 of the "Texas gauntlet" gave up 5 scores while only scoring once. By all accounts, the weather was very mild, especially in the mornings when matches were played. What hasn't been mentioned, is that the KC officiating consistently didn't allow the rough & tumble NFL-style play allowed in NTX.  

I do agree the Texas conference is one of, if not the most competitive (top to bottom) conference in the league, but what does it mean when our top 2 teams were handedly beaten when they weren't allowed to play NTX "physical" style soccer and forced to rely on ball movement?

Just sayin'.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad on 09/05/14, 02:01 pm

Any time you travel, the officiating is different. I watched all of our games and 3 or 4 other NT games and can tell you that I never saw nor did I hear about officiating being the cause for anything. Just like any game, they did not call fouls that IMO were fouls and vice versa, they called some fouls that were too tight. Our game against the Shockers was just as physical as what we see here in NT and while I think the center official was terrible in that game, it was not from calling it too tight.

IMO, the officiating had zero to do with the outcomes.

Lonestar has a very good defense but they also still have games against 3 very difficult NT teams that can easily do damage to their GA avg. I haven't heard any Texans making excuses but I have heard that they would like another shot and don't feel that 0-3 was reflective of the overall game.

At the end of the day, the Hawks have two forwards that are as good as anyone in NT. Make no mistake, as a team, they are as good as anyone in the Country. Whatever 3,4,5 seed they end up with in the first round got a crappy draw and are in for the fight of their lives.

Congrats to D'Feeters for solving the riddle and holding Hawks scoreless. I think they were also missing a starter on defense which is even more impressive.

DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tex_gator on 09/05/14, 02:25 pm

Tiger wrote:How is the Texan's Midfielder? The one that hurt her ankle. I hope she's doing well and nothing serious.

Heard she is in a boot of somekind with a bad ankle sprain.

tex_gator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 09/05/14, 02:40 pm

tex_gator wrote:
Tiger wrote:How is the Texan's Midfielder? The one that hurt her ankle. I hope she's doing well and nothing serious.

No what I wanted to hear. So sorry for her. I hope she has a very speedy recovery.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicycle123 on 09/05/14, 04:41 pm

Tiger wrote:
tex_gator wrote:

No what I wanted to hear. So sorry for her. I hope she has a very speedy recovery.

She had an ankle sprain from the first game in KC, and was in a splint the rest of the weekend.  Doing much better now, and should be able to play on Sunday.  Appreciate the concern.

Bicycle123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 09/05/14, 04:58 pm

DDdad wrote:
Any time you travel, the officiating is different.  I watched all of our games and 3 or 4 other NT games and can tell you that I never saw nor did I hear about officiating being the cause for anything.  Just like any game, they did not call fouls that IMO were fouls and vice versa, they called some fouls that were too tight.  Our game against the Shockers was just as physical as what we see here in NT and while I think the center official was terrible in that game, it was not from calling it too tight.  

IMO, the officiating had zero to do with the outcomes.  

Lonestar has a very good defense but they also still have games against 3 very difficult NT teams that can easily do damage to their GA avg.  I haven't heard any Texans making excuses but I have heard that they would like another shot and don't feel that 0-3 was reflective of the overall game.  

At the end of the day, the Hawks have two forwards that are as good as anyone in NT.  Make no mistake, as a team, they are as good as anyone in the Country.  Whatever 3,4,5 seed they end up with in the first round got a crappy draw and are in for the fight of their lives.  

Congrats to D'Feeters for solving the riddle and holding Hawks scoreless.  I think they were also missing a starter on defense which is even more impressive.  

DDad, I don't disagree with any of your points in general, and whole heartedly agree to your reference to the differences in officiating-- teams have to adjust to how the game is being called.  However, my contention was that the overall officiating was called consistently tighter than here in NTX and the weather wasn't a factor for the U-14 group.

I wasn't (intentionally) taking away, providing excuses or congratulating anyone, nor did I think the officiating favored one group over another. But, I do think the showcase results demonstrated that the officiating was more beneficial to one style of soccer over another.

The Hawks are the real deal, (IMO) more so than World Class. The Hawks demonstrated that they can play physical or small ball style and expect to win. My surprise (personally), was that the top 2 NTX teams didn't show they could do the same thing. I imagine their match with the the DFeeters could have gone either way, but from the reports I received, the ball movement was excellent on both sides and wasn't the slugfest of the 1st two matches.

As for Lonestar, I also agree with you. It will interesting to see how they do coming to NTX. Personally, I think any of the 3 NTX teams will do better in nationals than Lonestar.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan on 09/05/14, 06:12 pm

Not in ECNL...but agree. That complex in Overland Park is the nicest I have ever seen.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad on 09/05/14, 06:46 pm

Pack. I have been to out of town tourneys where I thought the officiating was difficult for us (Vegas where they don't call grabbing and holding but will call every shameless self promotion) and I've seen plenty of teams come to NT and be shocked and wish they had mouthpieces. Just for this weekend, at the few higher level games I saw, I didn't see either side materially disadvantaged. As I said, the Shockers were not shy at all (Hawks division) and I've not heard that the Hawks were shy. I know Eclipse is not so I would suspect that they have embraced "Midwest soccer".

Yes. Hawks are very real. I suspect the Blues are as well but have not seen them. Carolina is interesting but soft conference. Shockers are solid but can be beaten by our better teams. Agree on WC. There is a formula to beat them IMO but they are dangerous. Agree w you on Lonestar. I think the NT teams wi far better at Nationals. Question is whether it will be one from NT or two. .
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 on 09/05/14, 07:28 pm

What I have seen through my years is that once the ladies get to a certain age and level, the matchups and the tightness of the calls make a significant difference in the games...As the roles of the ladies are more defined, there are specific instances where a good coach will realize they are going to be more or less successful according to what is transpiring on the pitch. Also, the weather will make a difference if it is iextreme, but the fact that your starters have played 70 or 140 minutes against that quality will be more significant to their legs than the temperature etc.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad on 09/05/14, 08:37 pm

Agree w all that. Personally, I don't think the heat or officials impacted the results. As you stated, the greatest impact was the number of minutes played over two days which does not happen at Nationals. It was noteworthy that of the teams we are discussing, only the Hawks had three A Level games to play. With these games counting for WC status, that seemed very unusual to me. Every other team seemed to have an A, B and C game. I'm pretty sure our schedule changed from what it was in Sept. I'm not saying anything impacted the results but if it was anything, it was the total minutes at that level. I know all other teams were able to sub a bit more.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 on 09/05/14, 09:01 pm

DDdad wrote:Agree w all that. Personally, I don't think the heat or officials impacted the results. As you stated, the greatest impact was the number of minutes played over two days which does not happen at Nationals. It was noteworthy that of the teams we are discussing, only the Hawks had three A Level games to play. With these games counting for WC status, that seemed very unusual to me. Every other team seemed to have an A, B and C game.  I'm pretty sure our schedule changed from what it was in Sept. I'm not saying anything impacted the results but if it was anything, it was the total minutes at that level. I know all other teams were able to sub a bit more.

I don't disagree about the refs impositions...I wasn't there, but I didn't hear any huge ripples, and if there is a significant issue, someone will come on here and "gently suggest" that the officiating was questionable. One interesting point you make is the A, B, C games...By the standings, Feet may be a B or a C...but if you actually pay attention, you realize they are a hairs breadth from the top of the stack...I am glad to see all the NTX teams' success. Both teams were on the field for the Feet game, so kudos, and if it helps them somehow sneak in the back door, well, good for them! Goes to show that the top 4-5 here are really in the mix across the board nationally...

On another tangential note, I think the (relative) heat and the minutes over 5 days got to WCFC in DIGC vs Solar, though I also think that Solar is just better and would beat them any day...I also feel that Feet would have beaten them if Feet had gone through Solar. Just matchups from what I saw.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad on 09/05/14, 09:13 pm

I don't think there is any doubt that WC got worn down. I thought their bench was shallower and I don't think they play those wars every weekend like we do here. Too many easy games. Texans didn't match up as well as Solar and I think you are right that Feet could have matched up w them as well. I will say that the Solar CB's ability to take away the WC forward threat was a huge advantage and fun to watch.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum