Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
D'feeters 04 Willis - Open Practice Tonight - LHGCL D1Today at 11:18 amD'feeters04SoccerMom
Good luck at Premier SupercopaToday at 11:16 amProDallas
U12 DA LandscapeToday at 11:12 amAlittleBitofSanity
2011 Liverpool(Gerrard) in Allen lookingToday at 10:48 amNorec
Solar 06G Jensen - Allen, Frisco, Plano, McKinneyToday at 10:43 amworldsoccer
Solar 07G Jensen: Allen, Frisco, Plano, McKinneyToday at 10:39 amworldsoccer
SOLAR 03B De LEON - Open Tryouts (D1 & D2 Classic League)Today at 10:28 amFootballer8##
Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why??????Today at 09:49 ammelashbrew
STING 06 | OPEN PRACTICE | DUNCANVILLE | JDL OPPORTUNITY Today at 09:33 amsting06fleming
D'Feeters-Kicks 03 Esquivel LHGCL D-3Today at 09:08 amJE5
Liverpool 05B Melia - Final SpotsToday at 08:44 amElopez
Solar 11g BarnesToday at 08:38 amSportsmanship
Solar 10g BarnesToday at 08:38 amSportsmanship
Solar 09g BarnesToday at 08:36 amSportsmanship
Sting 09 ShepardToday at 08:27 amskills
Looking for an Outside Defensive BackToday at 08:03 amSpence
Dallas Texans West 05G (Willie Molano) LHGCL D1Today at 07:29 amDallas Texans West
Liverpool 2010B Hunt looking for a keeper Today at 03:20 amLPBMGR
Solar East 09G WilliamsonYesterday at 11:13 pmbjwaustin
Looking for a Team (07) & (09) Yesterday at 11:12 pmCoachBoyle
Frisco Fusion 03G , adding a few more playersYesterday at 11:12 pmGWood
Solar East 12G WilliamsonYesterday at 11:00 pmbjwaustin
SOLAR #13!!! Girls’ Select Academy Full KitYesterday at 10:45 pm13soccermama
08 Girls - Mans/Arl/GP/Burl/FTW - Looking for 2-3 More Yesterday at 10:40 pmNTXCelticFC-South Area
Dallas Texans 04G FTW looking to add playersYesterday at 10:24 pmSable
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12335 registered users
The newest registered user is D'feeters04SoccerMom

Our users have posted a total of 177097 messages in 23125 subjects

Shawnee Trail

Go down

Shawnee Trail

Post by Jbsoccer on 12/05/14, 12:37 pm

Bracket A
FC Dallas Youth Premier
FC Premier
Mustangs FC Bussey
Sting East Gray

Bracket B
Andromeda FC Red
FC Tyler Thunder
Mutiny FC
San Angelo FC

Bracket C
East Texas United FC
Solar Chelsea Royal
Sting Central Sanchez

Bracket D
FC Dallas Youth Blue
FC Dallas Youth North
Sting Central Skaife

Predictions?

Jbsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 2034
Join date : 2013-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by Guest on 12/05/14, 12:41 pm

Predictions for what? Who FC Dallas Premier will play in the finals? I'll go with Andromeda.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by Just Curious on 12/05/14, 12:41 pm

Premier wins

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 155
Points : 2132
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Out There

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 12/05/14, 12:49 pm

I'll guess Sting Central Sanchez faces off against FCD Premier. Anything can happen in these post season tournaments because you never really know who is going to be there and who has turned in their cleats for the season.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 3167
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by Guest on 16/05/14, 10:16 pm

Andro Grado took the place of FCD Premier.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Good soccer this weekend

Post by #Iama03soccerfreak on 19/05/14, 08:32 am

Does anyone have an update on the girl that had a compound fracture in her arm? Injury occurred in Andromeda Grado game (finals). I believe she was guesting. So disappointing. IMO, some (one or two specifically) of the Grado players need to tone it down a bit. Their physical style of play is frustrating to watch. I enjoy watching a good physical game of soccer but I have a problem with intentional physical harm to other players on the field.



#Iama03soccerfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by jsullivan81 on 19/05/14, 08:37 am

Registered just to post that comment. You "believe". Come on, fess up.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2467
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by SD69 on 19/05/14, 08:54 am

Intentional physical harm? I wasn't at the game but I have a hard time believing this. Reckless? Maybe, but these girls are 11. Don't think they want to hurt anyone.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1356
Points : 3489
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by #Iama03soccerfreak on 19/05/14, 08:59 am

No need to fess up. I have been reading the forum for over a year. I think this tournament is worthy of 'getting in the forum game'. I now have seen enough games to know I can contribute to the forum and respond with a moderate level of soccer knowledge. With that said, I have NO idea who the girl was that got hurt and I sincerely want to know how she's doing. Err...

#Iama03soccerfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by SolarPower00 on 19/05/14, 09:00 am

#Iama03soccerfreak wrote:IMO, some (one or two specifically) of the Grado players need to tone it down a bit. Their physical style of play is frustrating to watch. I enjoy watching a good physical game of soccer but I have a problem with intentional physical harm to other players on the field.



Andro is known or their physicality

Was she booked?....I hope


Last edited by SolarPower00 on 19/05/14, 09:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 3007
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by Guest on 19/05/14, 09:04 am

The injury in the finals was believed to be a subluxation, not a compound fracture, though there wasn't an update at the time of the awards ceremony. Normally shoulder dislocations happen when an arm gets extended on a fall, and the girl in question had someone fall on her. Very painful, but didn't look intentional. There were two-handed shoves in the back during the game and the referee was quick to warn (and the linesmen were quite involved as well).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by jsullivan81 on 19/05/14, 09:06 am

#Iama03soccerfreak wrote:No need to fess up. I have been reading the forum for over a year. I think this tournament is worthy of 'getting in the forum game'. I now have seen enough games to know I can contribute to the forum and respond with a moderate level of soccer knowledge. With that said, I have NO idea who the girl was that got hurt and I sincerely want to know how she's doing. Err...

In that case, I apologize.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2467
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by Guest on 19/05/14, 09:11 am

SolarPower00 wrote:
#Iama03soccerfreak wrote:IMO, some (one or two specifically) of the Grado players need to tone it down a bit. Their physical style of play is frustrating to watch. I enjoy watching a good physical game of soccer but I have a problem with intentional physical harm to other players on the field.



Andro is known or their physicality.

Was she booked?....I hope

The player booked was deemed to initiate contact (feet got tangled) but was not the player who fell on the injured girl, who was sandwiched. Again, this was a painful injury but not a situation of deliberate intent, but seen as reckless by the referee against the player who did not cause the injury. There are many games where (at this age) the ref is very reticent to give warnings or cards. That was not the situation yesterday.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by #Iama03soccerfreak on 19/05/14, 09:23 am

Glad to hear the injury did not occur as a result of something intentional. Always disappointing to see girls get hurt esp before QT and July 1.

Just to respond to soccerdad1969, per AddisonFootball response, 'There were two-handed shoves in the back' that is typically intentional and reckless IMO. So I happen to disagree with you 11 yr old girls can play dirty. There's not a place for two handed shoves in the back on the field EVER. Just play soccer.

#Iama03soccerfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by Guest on 19/05/14, 09:28 am

#Iama03soccerfreak wrote:Glad to hear the injury did not occur as a result of something intentional. Always disappointing to see girls get hurt esp before QT and July 1.  

Just to respond to soccerdad1969, per AddisonFootball response, 'There were two-handed shoves in the back' that is typically intentional and reckless IMO. So I happen to disagree with you 11 yr old girls can play dirty. There's not a place for two handed shoves in the back on the field EVER. Just play soccer.

Exactly right - two handed shoves are ridiculous and if not immediately warned (which they were) can escalate. Now to be fair, when we see these shoves normally it is a situation of a hard but fair shoulder tackle against a smaller girl who gets frustrated - rather than a premeditated thing. Both these teams played very intensely but the ref staff did a good job of keeping the game under control, and after the game there was a high degree of sportsmanship from both sides. It was a really good back and forth game in which both teams left it all out on the field. Either team could have easily won and both should be proud.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by #Iama03soccerfreak on 19/05/14, 09:36 am

I don't want to focus on the negative so let's turn this conversation around. Favorite match-ups this weekend?

#Iama03soccerfreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawnee Trail

Post by SD69 on 19/05/14, 09:36 am

#Iama03soccerfreak wrote:Does anyone have an  update on the girl that had a compound fracture in her arm? Injury occurred in Andromeda Grado game (finals). I believe she was guesting.  So disappointing. IMO, some (one or two specifically) of the Grado players need to tone it down a bit. Their physical style of play is frustrating to watch. I enjoy watching a good physical game of soccer but I have a problem with intentional physical harm to other players on the field.



This is what I was responding to. If you would've said "dirty" or "reckless", I wouldn't have said anything. Not saying they were dirty or reckless, again, I wasn't there.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1356
Points : 3489
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum