North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

LHGCL Weekend 2

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL Weekend 2

Post by BahamaMamma 02/08/14, 10:18 pm

Lol

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 02/08/14, 10:19 pm

Gotta give it to ya J....i like you!!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Strakor 02/08/14, 10:29 pm

Great job Sparta !! Who is Justme76??

Strakor
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 02/08/14, 10:43 pm

Now you know no one is going to tell you who Justme 76 is...... Just like no one is going to tell you who I am.... :-)

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustbesparta 02/08/14, 11:47 pm

Guess who ???

Mustbesparta
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PK_M.I.A. 03/08/14, 09:38 am

Mustbesparta wrote:Guess who ???

We like Sparta!
PK_M.I.A.
PK_M.I.A.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 3 Empty Goal or No Goal?

Post by 03soccermom1980 03/08/14, 11:17 am

Andromeda Red 03 Patterson was screwed in the TX Lightning game (final score 1-0) last night. These girls have worked so hard for this opportunity and for this to knock them out of QT and a potential spot in DIII is beyond frustrating.

Take a look at the video at the link below.  I believe it will prove without a doubt that the only goal that was accounted for in our game against Texas Lighting 03 Girls was not a goal at all! Evil or Very Mad    You will see the ball in the video and all screenshots of the frame by frame action actually went through the side net of the goal and not the goal mouth.  

http://andromeda03red.com/soccertv/  

(it is the main video that this page starts up with or the item in the selections below labeled ‘Tie Game’.  

After protesting the goal, LHGCL essentially said, "better luck next year, sorry you had a crappy ref."

Great job to Sanchez, Sparta and Mustangs (currently up 1-0 against Sanchez assuming they will make it) for securing their spots in LHGCL well deserved.

Last edited by 03soccermom1980 on 03/08/14, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Agreed not LHGCL fault but nonetheless disappointing nothing could be done to protest)

03soccermom1980
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 11:27 am

Tough break. Clearly not a goal. I'm not sure LHGCL screwed you but more just a missed call, albeit a huge call. I believe that "goal" came in the final 2 minutes of the game. Terrible luck, especially since you guys only had one sub.
In all fairness, had this been the other way and your team was the benefactor of a missed call, what would you want to happen? Honestly.

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/08/14, 11:36 am

03soccermom1980 wrote:Andromeda Red 03 Patterson was screwed by LHGCL in the TX Lightning game (final score 1-0) last night. These girls have worked so hard for this opportunity and for this to knock them out of QT and a potential spot in DIII is beyond frustrating.

Take a look at the video at the link below.  I believe it will prove without a doubt that the only goal that was accounted for in our game against Texas Lighting 03 Girls was not a goal at all! Evil or Very Mad    You will see the ball in the video and all screenshots of the frame by frame action actually went through the side net of the goal and not the goal mouth.  

http://andromeda03red.com/soccertv/  

(it is the main video that this page starts up with or the item in the selections below labeled ‘Tie Game’.  

After protesting the goal, LHGCL essentially said, "better luck next year, sorry you had a crappy ref."

Great job to Sanchez, Sparta and Mustangs (currently up 1-0 against Sanchez assuming they will make it) for securing their spots in LHGCL well deserved.

What did LHGCL do to screw your team?  Do you believe they should have taken this video and disallowed the goal and change the outcome of the game?

I don't think I've ever seen that happen.  Can you imagine the Pandora's Box that would open to allow spectator videos to be used to protest the outcome of a game?  

If the ref missed the call, that's really unfortunate, and I feel bad for your team, but LHGCL didn't do anything to screw them.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccermom1980 03/08/14, 11:58 am

Agreed on missed call. Not LHGCL fault but disappointing nothing could be done with such high stakes.

DDub68 I have no idea how I would feel if Andro was the benefactor of a missed call resulting in a goal that kept us in qualifying. I would love to find out someday. lol

As mentioned we only had one sub, my DD was one that was benched for an injury that occurred against Dunstan in Tut. No complaints there, highly unfortunate but that is NTX soccer. Our girls gave 100% shorthanded and that single "goal" blows my mind every time I watch the replay.

I guess it wasn't our time.

03soccermom1980
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 12:14 pm

That's a hard lesson to teach an 11 year old. Play as hard as you can, leave it all on the field and just know that sometimes the result will be out of your control. Good luck to your team, good things will happen for them, I believe that.

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 12:26 pm

Looking at that schedule you guys would have played Evolution today and Lightning would have played Sparta to determine the final spot. You definitely had the advantage there.

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/08/14, 02:29 pm

BahamaMamma wrote:Now you know no one is going to tell you who Justme 76 is......   Just like no one is going to tell you who I am.... :-)

Last edited by Movin' on Up on 03/08/14, 07:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy1 03/08/14, 03:18 pm

I believe that Andro Red would have come out today and would have fought hard to win a spot in Lake Highlands.. That was taken away from us..These girls worked so hard as all they other teams have as well! It's just tough to stomach a goal against us that should have never been called a goal... The soccer world is full of life lessons! This one was just hard to take as we lost the opportunity..This great group of kids, coach, and parents will come back stronger than ever!!! Congrats to ALL teams! See you all again next year:)

Legacy1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 04:30 pm

After taking a good look at that video and considering the impact, I'd be mad too. Train hard, effort, sacrifice, commitment, not to mention financial investment of parents and a year's worth of time lost due to a BS call. I feel bad for your team, DDs and parents. Nothing against Lightning but their entrance to D3 comes with an astericks IMHO.

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pandora'sbox 03/08/14, 04:38 pm

As a mom of a DD on andromeda, it's just so frustrating. My heart breaks for all these girls, but I also know we will have a FANTASTIC season playing in Plano. Looking forward to being with these girls, parents and coach (who is incredible amazing) his season! Many congrats to the Mustangs. Classy girls, classy parents!
pandora'sbox
pandora'sbox
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 04:51 pm

Mustangs and Sparta Real Deal, Sanchez hit or miss and Lightning, well, let's just say Lucky? Change the name to Lucky Lightning?

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/08/14, 05:04 pm

ddub68 wrote:After taking a good look at that video and considering the impact, I'd be mad too.  Train hard, effort, sacrifice, commitment, not to mention financial investment of parents and a year's worth of time lost due to a BS call. I feel bad for your team, DDs and parents. Nothing against Lightning but their entrance to D3 comes with an astericks IMHO.

Why should Lightning have an asterisk?  What did they do wrong?  If that goal hadn't counted, who knows what would have happened?  Perhaps another corner with a goal, or perhaps a fantastic clear and a goal by Andro.

Neither team did anything wrong, and there shouldn't be any asterisk attached to either side.  There was a lot of soccer that happened before this to have left the teams in this position.

Not making LHGCL is certainly disappointing, but isn't the end of the world.  Hopefully the girls will use this year to hone their skills and stay hungry, and be back for another bite of the apple next year.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalMouth 03/08/14, 05:24 pm

[quote="ballhead"]
ddub68 wrote:After taking a good look at that video and considering the impact, I'd be mad too.  Train hard, effort, sacrifice, commitment, not to mention financial investment of parents and a year's worth of time lost due to a BS call. I feel bad for your team, DDs and parents. Nothing against Lightning but their entrance to D3 comes with an astericks IMHO.

Why should Lightning have an asterisk?  What did they do wrong?  If that goal hadn't counted, who knows what would have happened?  Perhaps another corner with a goal, or perhaps a fantastic clear and a goal by Andro.

Neither team did anything wrong, and there shouldn't be any asterisk attached to either side.  There was a lot of soccer that happened before this to have left the teams in this position.

Not making LHGCL is certainly disappointing, but isn't the end of the world.  Hopefully the girls will use this year to hone their skills and stay hungry, and be back for another bite of the apple next year.[/quote

Ballhead - OK, long time reader, first time commenting...but I had to.

The game didn't stop at the bad call - no one fussed or made a challenge to the bad call. Even though during the game it was blatantly visible that the travel path of the ball through the goal was not from a ball that went through the goal mouth.

The game was played in it's entirety and no other goal from the corner nor a fantastic clear and goal by Andro. The game that was played is not in question...it was truly a great game by two teams with a desire to reach a goal (something that is so important at age 11).

It is the only goal of this game that is in question. A goal that would have left this game what it should have been - a tie at 0-0.

You are right, neither team is at fault. What is in question is the ability to challenge a call and continue the tournament to decide a real outcome. What is at challenge is a system that gives no way to challenge what can be proven wrong. This and the fact that the final two games could not be played by these two teams to see if this one bad call would have changed the outcome of teams that trust the system to be fair.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down ‘happy’.  They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.” by John Lennon
GoalMouth
GoalMouth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccermom1980 03/08/14, 05:35 pm

Ddub68 and Goal Mouth, Thank you for "getting it" we trained hard, sacrificed, committed to two a days, no summer vacations etc. not to mention the financial investment of parents and a year's worth of time lost due to a BS call.

Goal Mouth, I posted my initial post with that in mind,  the inability to challenge a call and continue the tournament to decide a real outcome is beyond frustrating. Had we been given an opportunity to play the final games to see if this one bad call would have changed the outcome would have been FAIR.

I understand rules are rules but sometimes rules need to be improved.

I would be lying if I didn't laugh a little at "Lucky Lightning"  Wink  Wink

Last edited by 03soccermom1980 on 03/08/14, 05:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

03soccermom1980
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 05:38 pm

Hence the asterisk. Games today were cancelled due to the outcome of the game.

Sitting here today as a bystander, I wonder what conversations are being had in the Lightning households?
Silence I imagine, avoid the discussion at all costs lol.
But, just maybe there is a conversation that begins with, "you know you guys didn't really deserve that win or the D3 entry right?" Hahaha. Just saying

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 03/08/14, 05:40 pm

From this day forward 03 Texas Lightning will be referred to as Lucky Lightning. I said it so therefore it is.

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 03/08/14, 05:40 pm

Movin please remove my name...are you sime creepy stalker??? Thats just weird.... I never dared you to do anything. However. If my name is not immediately removed frim your post i will request admin to block you. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/08/14, 05:55 pm

GoalMouth wrote:
ballhead wrote:

Not making LHGCL is certainly disappointing, but isn't the end of the world.  Hopefully the girls will use this year to hone their skills and stay hungry, and be back for another bite of the apple next year.[/quote

Ballhead -  OK, long time reader, first time commenting...but I had to.

The game didn't stop at the bad call - no one fussed or made a challenge to the bad call.  Even though during the game it was blatantly visible that the travel path of the ball through the goal was not from a ball that went through the goal mouth.

The game was played in it's entirety and no other goal from the corner nor a fantastic clear and goal by Andro.   The game that was played is not in question...it was truly a great game by two teams with a desire to reach a goal (something that is so important at age 11).  

It is the only goal of this game that is in question.  A goal that would have left this game what it should have been - a tie at 0-0.

You are right, neither team is at fault.  What is in question is the ability to challenge a call and continue the tournament to decide a real outcome.  What is at challenge is a system that gives no way to challenge what can be proven wrong.  This and the fact that the final two games could not be played by these two teams to see if this one bad call would have changed the outcome of teams that trust the system to be fair.

Do you know of any tournament or league that operates in this manner?  Typically there are no challenges allowed on the judgement of a referee. Scores are typically final unless something illegal occurred with the roster.

The LHGCL QT rules state:  "No protests are allowed, except questions regarding ineligible or illegal players." Their league rules include the statement: "PROTESTS WILL NOT BE HEARD OR ENTERTAINED THAT PERTAIN TO REFEREE JUDGMENT."  This type of language is pretty common, so it will likely not be the last time you'll see it.  

It was many years ago that mine played in the QT, but I clearly remember the importance placed on making LHGCL.  I understand the emotion and the disappointment, but what I don't understand is the desire to demean the other team.

Last edited by ballhead on 03/08/14, 06:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 03/08/14, 06:04 pm

cheers 
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zapruderfilm 03/08/14, 06:18 pm

After closely examining this film, it is indisputable. The goalie clearly moves back and to the left, back and to the left. The ball obviously glances off Governor Connelly's foot -- I mean, the defender's foot -- then takes an unexpected turn back towards the net, creeping through the obvious gash in the side of the goal. That is one magic soccer ball. Now, there is of course the other theory -- of the second shooter. Perhaps there was a second corner kick coming from the Grassy Knoll. This is also an obvious explanation. If you look closely frames 238 and 239 are missing, that's when the ball disappears. Is this the Lake Highland League or CIA that has taken this footage? Hard to make a call on this one. We must also consider the three hobos and the umbrella man seen behind the bench area.

At any rate, the best part of this post is that if you decide to respond, you will have to respond to Zapruder Film. Giggle.

zapruderfilm
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next