2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 09:07 pm

» GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play
by Zizou Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills Yesterday at 09:38 am

» FCDallas Girls West (Euless, Grapevine, Southlake)
by RNEL293 Yesterday at 08:14 am

» What a year
by Cam203030 15/12/17, 04:39 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - February 1-4, 2018
by U90C 15/12/17, 04:34 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by musaisaya 15/12/17, 03:05 pm

» Quiet Forum
by Zizou 15/12/17, 01:49 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by timmyh 14/12/17, 04:12 pm

» Sting Dallas 2011 Weigelt
by sting08 14/12/17, 12:03 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 14/12/17, 11:43 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 14/12/17, 09:13 am

» Triumph 08g North FW, Keller, Roanoke
by Hmeleven 14/12/17, 08:37 am

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:26 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 04:25 pm

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 13/12/17, 03:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 03:00 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 13/12/17, 02:59 pm

» Longhorns 3v3 girls 00s
by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 02:31 pm

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 13-14
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:39 am

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:38 am

» 05 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 13/12/17, 09:37 am

» Shooters 2010 Looking to Add players
by Ericsal 13/12/17, 06:49 am

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:36 am

» Texas Spurs 09 Blanton
by tareyncarol 13/12/17, 01:35 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11461 registered users
The newest registered user is FCTB

Our users have posted a total of 166106 messages in 20919 subjects

03 predictions-- Plano Labor Day

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 03 predictions-- Plano Labor Day

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 02:07 pm

Solar firing away. Just hit the post, then sailed the rebound over and out of bounds.

outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 02:10 pm

Goal, Gold off a corner.  TSC is going to have to come out and play now. TSC keeper probably shouldn't have tried to stop the ball from going out of bounds that resulted in the corner. It was instinct though. She thought she could jump high enough to save it and Gold forward was coming at her at full speed.

Last edited by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 02:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 02:11 pm

TSC switches the keeper and looks like they are junking the 5 in the back formula
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 02:13 pm

Ball game. Gold takes Gold.
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 on 01/09/14, 02:14 pm

Great play by play.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 01/09/14, 02:25 pm

Thx out...felt like I was there..yet from the comfort of my couch. Good stuff and a good win our NTX team
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 01/09/14, 02:47 pm

Okay. So I got on to give props to Solar, but now I see how it is. They played a good game, congrats.

But.... Calling absolute BS on the in game commentary. Solar had two good shots. One did hit a post, and the other a good save. Besides that, they controlled more possession, but not by a mile. Tsch had a couple of good attempts - missed a couple of good free kicks. Also, the goal you scored was off a poor decision by the keeper and a great corner kick. But don't be fooled. Unless they are counting kicking the ball into our defenders legs as "firing away"... Smile

Also, we lost players in the semifinals (my DD included), and every girl stepped up and played great. New lineup, new players, new positions, same result. A hard fought game.

No disrespect, but we would play again tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone this weekend, and thanks for having us. We'll go back to work and maybe our next trip we will get another shot.

Good luck in league play. We got six great games this weekend, and we our proud of the girls. Don't get too confident NTX, we'll be back....... Wink

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 01/09/14, 02:51 pm

And much respect to the LP Elite team who were great sports and very classy. Good luck in league play!

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 on 01/09/14, 02:57 pm

James, I would agree in most cases someone who comments like that has a hidden agenda. However, in this case Out has no affiliation with Solar. I believe he just went to watch the game of an age group he does have an interest in. With that being said, he is usually pretty accurate with his assesments minus the fact he always picks Hilton to win it all for some strange reason. Smile
So, since he literally has no dog in this fight, I would assume he is spot on with his play by play.

Your team did an awesome job and almost pulled off an upset. Hopefully your team heals up fast.

Lastly, I agree... LP Elite 03 is a class act. Win by a mile, lose a tough game, etc, always respectful.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 01/09/14, 03:01 pm

-- I'm sure he's a good guy. I'm still saying a hint of dallas bias in there Wink

Don't get me wrong. Solar was good. Our defenders brought their lunch buckets to keep them honest.

Either way, I'm glad we came. It was a fun weekend.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 01/09/14, 03:05 pm

Very good game, I actually watched this one. TSC is a very good team and would be right in the mix in DI from what I could tell. Gold definitely did hold possession more and I think is the better team but TSC could just as easily of won. They definitely were well coached and came into the game with a plan of making sure no one made any runs on them with the way they hung back.

Good showing by both of the teams, just glad the wife and DD wanted to do some shopping at the mall and I could head over to watch. Man I hate shopping.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 on 01/09/14, 03:06 pm

jamestren wrote:--  I'm sure he's a good guy.   I'm still saying a hint of dallas bias in there Wink

Don't get me wrong.  Solar was good. Our defenders brought their lunch buckets to keep them honest.  

Either way, I'm glad we came.  It was a fun weekend.  

Good point. For all I know he went to UT and does hate OU. That would explain tons.

Glad you guys had a good time and had some great competition. Safe travels back to Ok.

Last edited by jsullivan81 on 01/09/14, 03:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Good is not spelled Goo.)

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mediator on 01/09/14, 03:56 pm

Just a comment about the formation that TSCH used: They played 4 in the back and neither of the two center defenders played very far behind Solar's forwards. In fact they often played tight to them to deny entry passes. A holding center mid was in front of them. If it looked like they were deep it was because TSC's outside backs often push forward. Also, TSC used two attacking center mids and one center forward. With the injury to their CF, they could not have put two girls up top even if they wanted to. If either team sat deep with their center defenders, it was Solar. Their Sweeper/CD played 15-20 yards behind everyone and did an awesome job cleaning up any problems. Regardless of what certain observers commented on, the girls came to score goals and not sit back and pray for a tie and PK's.

Mediator
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolcounts on 01/09/14, 05:43 pm

The silver A blue group had all close elimination games. All by 1. I know the spart/lightning went to ot, based on the no lights thread, how many of the others went to extra time/pks?

Futbolcounts
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 on 01/09/14, 05:56 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Solar Gold- too much to handle

FCD Red- should be in gold + 'guess' players = medals for everyone

OFC- will dominate

OFC (White)- had to pick someone

4 for 4 with my predictions
Not too shabby
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 01/09/14, 06:07 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Solar Gold- too much to handle

FCD Red- should be in gold + 'guess' players = medals for everyone

OFC- will dominate

OFC (White)- had to pick someone

4 for 4 with my predictions
Not too shabby

Yup. Nicely done. I'll take credit for nailing most of the finer details in the Gold bracket. Smile

Sparta was close, barely missed that one.

And I had club blindness in bracket C -- but Williams has closed the gap on a lot of 03 teams in Oklahoma and is definitely coming after OFC for the #2 okie team.

Only feedback -- don't have teams playing for first in a gold bracket at Russell creek. There are way too many nice complexes in town for the finals to be at Russell creek.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 on 01/09/14, 06:07 pm

Why did FCD Red not sign up for the gold division?
I think most predictions were pretty much spot on as they were somewhat obvious.

I anticipated Sting Hilton making semi finals and LP Elite would make it to the finals. So, my guesses were not accurate.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 06:22 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:
jamestren wrote:--  I'm sure he's a good guy.   I'm still saying a hint of dallas bias in there Wink

Don't get me wrong.  Solar was good. Our defenders brought their lunch buckets to keep them honest.  

Either way, I'm glad we came.  It was a fun weekend.  

Good point. For all I know he went to UT and does hate OU. That would explain tons.

Glad you guys had a good time and had some great competition. Safe travels back to Ok.
I didn't go to UT...I am Boilermaker from the Volunteer state who roots strongly for the Chicago Bears. I'd root for IU and Ole Miss while wearing a Green Bay Packers Bret Favre jersey before I showed any bias towards Solar Gold....just sayin' Smile
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 07:05 pm

jamestren wrote:Okay.  So I got on to give props to Solar, but now I see how it is.   They played a good game, congrats.  

But....   Calling absolute BS on the in game commentary.  Solar had two good shots. One did hit a post, and the other a good save.  Besides that, they controlled more possession, but not by a mile.  Tsch had a couple of good attempts - missed a couple of good free kicks.  Also, the goal you scored was off a poor decision by the keeper and a great corner kick.   But don't be fooled.  Unless they are counting kicking the ball into our defenders legs as "firing away"...  Smile

Also, we lost players in the semifinals (my DD included), and every girl stepped up and played great.  New lineup, new players, new positions, same result.   A hard fought game.  

No disrespect, but we would play again tomorrow.  

Congrats to everyone this weekend, and thanks for having us.  We'll go back to work and maybe our next trip we will get another shot.  

Good luck in league play.  We got six great games this weekend, and we our proud of the girls.   Don't get too confident NTX, we'll be back....... Wink
jamestren so basically you agree with my analysis because you co-signed just about everything I wrote.  I take a little bit of an offense to you insinuating that I'm trying to in someway be disingenuous with my analysis but then again you agreed with my analysis....scratch

Example #1:
You said:  Solar had two good shots. One did hit a post, and the other a good save
I said:  ...Just hit the post  &    a dash just before the water whistle that almost resulted in a goal. Good save by the keeper.

I was very clear when I said Shots are 5-1 Solar but no shots on target for either team.  A shot on target is defined as a shot that would have resulted in a goal had the keeper/defender not been present as the last person to stop the definite goal. I never mentioned how many "good" shots either team had.

Solar had way more shots than TSC, lots high and wide but those don't count as "shots on target."  They had more "shots on target" or "good" shots in the 2nd half than you are letting on though.  By my count TSC had 3 shots (2 free kicks, 1 wide right) none of which were on target. Dribblers to the keeper from 40 yds out don't count as shots in any league as an example.

Example #2:
You said:  Besides that, they controlled more possession, but not by a mile.
I said:   in my 1st half analysis. All aspects of the game are in Gold's favor but not dominating.  TSC is hanging tough. & Gold's had the ball most of the second half.

Example #3:  
You said:  Tsch had a couple of good attempts - missed a couple of good free kicks.  (Note you didn't mention if TSC had any other shots or threatening attempts)
I said:  ...TSC had a free kick for their only opportunity thus far.   &  Free kick by TSC two inches outside the box from dead center...she missed it though.

I mentioned both of TSC's free kicks in my analysis and nothing more because there was a lot of good soccer by TSC and Gold but not a lot of shots by TSC.

Example #4:
You said:  Also, the goal you Gold scored was off a poor decision by the keeper and a great corner kick.
I said:  Goal, Gold off a corner.  TSC keeper probably shouldn't have tried to stop the ball from going out of bounds that resulted in the corner.

Example #5
You said:  Unless they are counting kicking the ball into our defenders legs as "firing away"...
I'm saying:    Yes, I consider that "firing away"....nothing more, nothing less.  I didn't say they were firing at the goalie but those shots that they were kicking into the legs of your defenders (to which you've agreed) were often times within the 18 and statistically would go down as shots but not shots on target because the goalie was still behind them with an opportunity to save it if the defender didn't block it.  

In summary:  The final was well contested by two good teams.  For whatever reason the better team on the field today was Gold.  Perhaps it would have been different had TSC not had injured players or perhaps not.  I can't analyze what I didn't see so no comment.
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 01/09/14, 07:13 pm

Good response. Far more detailed than I would have spent time with. Smile

I think because I thought it was solar posting I just assumed bad intent. No worries. I agree with your analysis. Wink

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 07:26 pm

Mediator wrote:Just a comment about the formation that TSCH used: They played 4 in the back and neither of the two center defenders played very far behind Solar's forwards. In fact they often played tight to them to deny entry passes. A holding center mid was in front of them. If it looked like they were deep it was because TSC's outside backs often push forward. Also, TSC used two attacking center mids and one center forward. With the injury to their CF, they could not have put two girls up top even if they wanted to. If either team sat deep with their center defenders, it was Solar. Their Sweeper/CD played 15-20 yards behind everyone and did an awesome job cleaning up any problems. Regardless of what certain observers commented on, the girls came to score goals and not sit back and pray for a tie and PK's.
I think you just described a 2-3 back line which is 5 in the back. Your outside backs did not press upfield at all. Perhaps they wanted to but they did not because there were two outside mids in the front of them. The only way those outside back could press up field is if those outside mids pressed up field which would then mean you had 3 people in the attack. You're not suggesting that you actually had 3 people (Target Forward and 2 wingers/outside mids) in the attack are you? #4 your center forward was the only person in the attack. I don't think it was your coaches intention to lay back and do nothing but the game didn't work out to where your team was pressing up field a lot. If it sounded like I was saying you were playing for a tie then I apologize as that was not my intent. I believe your coach was trying to neautralize Gold's forward and had full intentions of getting upfield to attack but it just didn't work out that way. I would say that the 2-3 formation held your team back and you have the possession abilities to have threatened Gold more if you had played like you normally do. I believe that was an "over" coaching mistake on your coaches part that he probably would take back if he could.

Also I agree with you regarding Gold's deep sweeper formation.... I HATE that formation because I "think" it does the young lady (who is spectacular I might add) a disservice long-term as when/if the coach moves on noone is going to allow her to be a center back (due to height alone) and I don't know if she'll be prepared to step into an attacking mid role. That formation is a taboo to most coaches in youth soccer for that very reason but it is damn hard to score against especially with a little player like her back there cleaning stuff up.
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 07:38 pm

One final note:

I was really impressed with Gold today.  It pains me (a little) to say that.  They showed some skill and possession that I didn't think they had as a team.  They are coming along very nicely.

I'm also adding Gold's #3 to my Fav 5 players.  She warrants the nickname that my son and I began calling her in the car.... Sick-Wit-It!  The young lady was sick with her skills and super composed with the ball as a left back.  I found myself rooting for the ball to come her direction so she could dribble it.  Very good player.  Sick-Wit-It....check her out!

Last edited by outonthelimb on 01/09/14, 07:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicking & Screaming on 01/09/14, 07:40 pm

Any surprises this weekend? FWFC tying Solar, Sting Hilton not advancing, and Mustangs defeating FC Red stick out in my mind.
Kicking & Screaming
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren on 01/09/14, 08:12 pm

Seeding was a little off across multiple brackets.  I know it's a huge tournament, but I would recommend them spending a little more time getting the seeds as correct as possible.  

In my opinion, the gold bracket teams should be playing At the nicer complexes.  In fact, I would recommend they charge an extra $100 entry fee to these teams just for the guarantee of good (and properly sized) fields every game.  I also think the extra $100 will deter non gold teams from begging to play up in gold.  Win-Win...   As a parent I would happily pay an extra $8-$10 to guarantee the better fields.   Or...  Spread it around.  First 100 teams to pay an extra $100 are guaranteed all games at one of the top 3 complexes...

Anyway, there are chances to the creative with it.  Our final at carpenter was on a crazy small field with large bare dirt areas.

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 02/09/14, 08:18 am

Sorry, I could not get to the sidelines jamestren.. We got back a a little later than expected on Monday. Soccer free weekends are rare in this household, so we took full advantage.

It sounds like you guys got some spirited games this weekend - anyone keep a count on how many yellow cards Fever was handed?

Anyhooo - looks to be some good showings from the Okies - it's nice to have some competition showing up from outside DFW.
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 on 02/09/14, 09:48 am

jsullivan81 wrote:Why did FCD Red not sign up for the gold division?
I think most predictions were pretty much spot on as they were somewhat obvious.  

I anticipated Sting Hilton making semi finals and LP Elite would make it to the finals. So, my guesses were not accurate.

FCD Red is a good team.   Aside from the first game blowout, I think they were in the right division.  They were tested as tournament progressed.    
Game 6+ for many of the players is the toughest part.    Great tournament.

Last edited by justme76 on 02/09/14, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum