2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» FBR09 Rankings October 16th, 2017
by FBR09G Today at 07:19 am

» College Freshmen Top 100 - ECNL TEXAS
by Medicine Man Today at 06:41 am

» The bait and switch tactic
by Medicine Man Today at 06:21 am

» This board Sucks!
by Medicine Man Today at 06:06 am

» ECNL - How does dual roster work?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 08:04 pm

» DTS 11/12
by southside2016 Yesterday at 07:06 pm

» Lake Highlands - Week 6 - Game of the Week
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 05:21 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Yesterday at 04:50 pm

» D'Feeters 06G - [Aranha]
by DNWGS Yesterday at 04:33 pm

» Solar 08 Cavalle Blue - Goalkeeper
by FMSolar Yesterday at 04:22 pm

» Blitz FC 2010 -- Schulte
by Keith_R Yesterday at 03:34 pm

» 08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:52 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 01:50 pm

» FCUSA 09 looking for a keeper
by FCUSARV Yesterday at 01:28 pm

» FCUSA open practices 08/09
by FCUSARV Yesterday at 01:18 pm

» FCUSA Open practice 08/09
by FCUSARV Yesterday at 01:17 pm

» Why is there not an 07 section in Select category?
by FierceLightning Yesterday at 01:03 pm

» U6 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» 07 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 12:06 pm

» NTX Celtic 04G looking for guest players!
by NTX Celtic FC Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» NTX Celtic 03G guest player!
by NTX Celtic FC Yesterday at 11:58 am

» 06 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 09:45 am

» 06 Girls Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:42 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:35 am

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:22 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11379 registered users
The newest registered user is Judynq

Our users have posted a total of 163997 messages in 20591 subjects

Week 3 Predictions

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 3 Predictions

Post by FastPitch on 13/09/14, 06:14 pm

LP Elite 2 - LP Keagen 1. That's a head scratcher. What can we learn from this result?

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious on 13/09/14, 06:26 pm

That they are 11 and 12 year old girls and you never know what you are going to get from game to game

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 on 13/09/14, 06:33 pm

Shoutout for the Cosmos win - nice
Another shoutout to Sting Hilton for the tie
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13/09/14, 07:45 pm

FastPitch wrote:LP Elite 2 - LP Keagen 1.   That's a head scratcher.  What can we learn from this result?
That lp is not elite anymore....

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaFamily on 13/09/14, 10:01 pm

Well, I failed in my picks. Would love to hear commentary about FCD Premier, Gold and Sting. None of these teams did what I expected.
FloridaFamily
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch on 13/09/14, 10:54 pm

Maybe Outonalimb has commentary or the second half of some of these games?

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba on 13/09/14, 11:44 pm

silentparent wrote:
FastPitch wrote:LP Elite 2 - LP Keagen 1.   That's a head scratcher.  What can we learn from this result?
That lp is not elite anymore....

Agreed SP. An embarrassing result for 'Elite'
Looks like Hilton is healthy again
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou on 14/09/14, 07:38 am

Watched the Hilton game.
Think they're back on track.
Not playing the wounded at full capacity yet, but their presence on the field made a difference.
Hilton missed an open goal opp that would have been the difference. Gold had their chances. At least 3 clear shots sent over the crossbar and 2 crosses across an open net that weren't connected on either. Hilton keeper stayed home more than normal and it paid off for them. She had 2 good saves in the second half when Gold turned up the pressure. Gold pretty well controlled the game, but Hilton did a really good job of stifling Gold's primary striker (23). If she got a shot off, it was atva tight angle and with a defender on her shoulder.

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys on 14/09/14, 11:18 am

FastPitch wrote:Maybe Outonalimb has commentary or the second half of some of these games?

Yeah...we need some real "reality checks" here...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 14/09/14, 06:53 pm

Here's my take...

It's week 3, the preseason predictions have fallen flat, and teams are simply not as bad/good as many hoped.  There are obviously no "gimme games" this year.

There have been too many "upsets" and unexpected results for this to be some strange fluke.  It's time to reset the gauges because no amount of color commentary from the peanut gallery about "how the games went" is going to reverse reality and provide the explanations you are hoping for.

A quick look at the standings should provide incentive for your DD to go out and give it her all every time she steps on the field.  As long as people don't get caught up in W/L/D, this will be seen as a great character building year across the board.
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 14/09/14, 08:48 pm

Awww. NFOD, you brought a tear to my eye with that post Crying or Very sad I love sharing this 12 yr old growth experience with you guys!!! cheers
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba on 15/09/14, 09:29 am

and the winner of Week 3 D1 predictions?
This primate!

Last edited by Koba on 15/09/14, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca on 15/09/14, 10:26 am

Koba wrote:and the winner of Week 2 D1 predictions?
This primate!
They are handing out bananas at the concession stand for the weekly winners.
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 15/09/14, 10:35 am

herradura wrote:Awww. NFOD, you brought a tear to my eye with that post Crying or Very sad  I love sharing this 12 yr old growth experience with you guys!!! cheers

I almost had a little tear myself Sad . Now back to reality. Maybe there needs to be some adjustments to expectations. Maybe some teams just aren't as good as they thought they were and maybe other are better. There are always gimme games every year and the 03's are no different unless (wait for it) there just aren't any good teams left and SRSA abandoned you guys and left the age group mired in mediocrity).

So who wants to say what the hell is going on with LP Elite 03 (looking for some insight). The team was stable with an increase in talent. Should be better but so far it's not showing on the field.
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/09/14, 11:10 am

That Schindler is a pretty good turnaround coach if last year is any indicator. His group (which I didn't see) is most probably very outmanned; however he did an incredible job with the Keegan group he had last season after taking awhile to get traction. Surprised a lot of people after being in 19th spot at the break.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 15/09/14, 11:18 am

HoldingMid wrote:

That Schindler is a pretty good turnaround coach if last year is any indicator. His group (which I didn't see) is most probably very outmanned; however he did an incredible job with the Keegan group he had last season after taking awhile to get traction. Surprised a lot of people after being in 19th spot at the break.

Okay got it let's give the man a cape. So what about cosmos and fever, do they get a supercoach capes also?
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/09/14, 11:23 am

Wallace would be the first to give himself a cape. ;-)

In all seriousness, his teams always play very hard and he's now had time to integrate his talented additions. The Cosmos will win some big games this year but also lose some head scratchers when facing a disciplined team that defends and moves the ball well. He plays a diamond at the back so striking from the top of the D off ball movement is their achilles heel - especially if hit high.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerparent2 on 15/09/14, 11:31 am

Holding Mid - your recollection of last year's standings at mid point is completely off....Keegan was not 19th at the break....they were in the top 15 and only 6 points back.....their 2nd half record had 4 wins (Warriors (20th), FC Dallas Blue (19th), FC Red (14th) and Sting West (18th).....Let's paint an accurate picture of that amazing turn around..... It seems to be that Elite just can't find a way to score this season (so far), fairly similar to their start last season.

Soccerparent2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 15/09/14, 11:49 am

Hey thanks for a does of reality SP2. It is far more likely that Elite has some issue than keegan will finish near the top of the table. For the record I hope they both stay d1 and elite gets back on track (definitely top 4 possible top 2)
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/09/14, 12:06 pm

go99 wrote:Hey thanks for a does of reality SP2.  It is far more likely that Elite has some issue than keegan will finish near the top of the table.  For the record I hope they both stay d1 and elite gets back on track (definitely top 4 possible top 2)

Thanks for the heads up...you are right my recollection wasn't completely accurate. I just remember my DD's team playing them early and destroying them and seeing them later (after Schindler had taken them over) and it was a pretty big difference.

I didn't say they'll finish near the top, I just don't think Infinity-Zero will be a recurring score later in the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 15/09/14, 05:12 pm

HoldingMid wrote:Wallace would be the first to give himself a cape. ;-)

In all seriousness, his teams always play very hard and he's now had time to integrate his talented additions. The Cosmos will win some big games this year but also lose some head scratchers when facing a disciplined team that defends and moves the ball well. He plays a diamond at the back so striking from the top of the D off ball movement is their achilles heel - especially if hit high.

So DTS, LP Elite, and FCD Premier aren't disciplined and don't defend /move the ball well? I'm kind of confused...

Last time I watched just about every u12 game, any ball that is hit high is probably going to find the back of the net. Most of the girls have not hit their growth spurt and they don't have Michael Jordan leaping ability just yet.
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/09/14, 05:17 pm

Cosmos simply have a very hardworking but somewhat undersized goalie.

Some teams play more laterally in the attacking third than others. None of these comments were meant as a slight to anyone. All the teams at this level have some pretty great things about their game. Lateral movement beats a man-marking diamond d better than a slew of through balls.

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
HoldingMid wrote:Wallace would be the first to give himself a cape. ;-)

So DTS, LP Elite, and FCD Premier aren't disciplined and don't defend /move the ball well?  I'm kind of confused...

Last time I watched just about every u12 game, any ball that is hit high is probably going to find the back of the net.  Most of the girls have not hit their growth spurt and they don't have Michael Jordan leaping ability just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura on 15/09/14, 05:38 pm

Be warned Holding Mid - you just mentioned the "G" word (goalie), you should prepare to feel the wrath of the craziest of all the soccer forum parents  - especially once you start throwing around size and ability comparisons of that position!!!   affraid
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16/09/14, 09:19 am

herradura wrote:Be warned Holding Mid - you just mentioned the "G" word (goalie), you should prepare to feel the wrath of the craziest of all the soccer forum parents  - especially once you start throwing around size and ability comparisons of that position!!!   affraid

If I was afraid of wrath I wouldn't be on this insane forum. But your warning is warranted for sure.

Most of these girls have not reached their full size and are nowhere near their peak physical ability. That is one of the reasons why, hopefully, they are enjoying their journey and developing (and learning to love the work involved in developing).

My DD will never be the biggest, strongest, fastest, or most skilled. Hopefully she is learning to love the discipline of preparing and getting better, and having a lot of fun in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16/09/14, 09:58 am

Last edited by silentparent on 16/09/14, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : subject covered already and funky font..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16/09/14, 10:04 am

silentparent wrote:If your daughter is short and probably won't get tall, I suggest you start prepping her for a different position before it's too late....

My daughter is a little taller than average and doesn't play keeper (nor wants to). But if she did want to play K I'd encourage her to do it and do it to the best of her ability and enjoy it. Look at Nick Rimando...nobody at 5'10" should be international class on the men's side yet he is.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum