2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» DA Composite
by BigErn Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» No More BW!
by BigErn Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» NCAA Women's Soccer Championships Today!
by SweepFeet Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» Parent brawl
by KeeperCommander Yesterday at 08:29 pm

» Thanks Giving Goalkeeper Camp
by Top Corner Goalkeeper Yesterday at 07:50 pm

» CPP Questions
by BigEnchilada Yesterday at 07:00 pm

» CPP Questions
by soccerjack Yesterday at 03:21 pm

» 03 Girl looking to guest play
by BigEnchilada Yesterday at 03:13 pm

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C Yesterday at 02:20 pm

» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Yesterday at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments 18/11/17, 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments 18/11/17, 11:35 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal 18/11/17, 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 18/11/17, 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 18/11/17, 11:06 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165441 messages in 20815 subjects

Liverpool RW&B

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 09/12/14, 11:28 pm

So the geniuses at the tournament put Cosmos and Elite in the same bracket.  

What the hell are they thinking?  I guess they don't want to see Elite make it to the finals...

The smart thing would be to place the top two teams opposite each other.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by SolarPower00 on 09/12/14, 11:54 pm

It's a LP event. I believe the goal was to have a LP Rush and LP Elite final. You didn't really expect them to put LP Rush vs Elite in pool play, did you? (And I think LP Rush got the #2 seed not Elite)
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 2796
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 12:04 am

The tournament is officially a joke from the get-go.

Rush is a DII Classic League Team.  Cosmos and Elite are D1. Plus Cosmos are ahead of Rush in gotsoccer points.

But of course, since it's their tournament, LP will do everything they can to give Rush more gotsoccer points by giving them an easier road to the finals.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by PurplePonyPower on 10/12/14, 06:14 am

It's Elite 04

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1468
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by GrandTXSoccer on 10/12/14, 08:49 am

Did they release the schedule? It's down right now unless I'm looking at the wrong site.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 2956
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by SD69 on 10/12/14, 08:51 am

Down for the second time.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1337
Points : 3256
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 10:12 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:The tournament is officially a joke from the get-go.

Rush is a DII Classic League Team.  Cosmos and Elite are D1.  Plus Cosmos are ahead of Rush in gotsoccer points.

But of course, since it's their tournament, LP will do everything they can to give Rush more gotsoccer points by giving them an easier road to the finals.

Now that you have been told its the 04 Elite team are you going to backtrack on your gibberish? No need to answer. It was rhetorical. And I wouldn't be surprised to see that 04 team beat the Cosmo's. They have held their own and I believe beat some of the teams that are ahead of Cosmo's in league standings.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2256
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by SolarPower00 on 10/12/14, 10:26 am

I agree, it was gibberish. Lol
And I agree they could very well win this event.

But remind me when LP 04 Elite beat:
Sting 03 Gut, or FCD 03 Prem, or Solar 03 (formerly FCD Gold)???
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 2796
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 10:30 am

I'm more than willing to admit if I'm wrong. So if it's 04 Elite, then the brackets make sense. My apologies for my rants against the tournament organizers at LP.

As for 04 Elite beating teams ahead of Cosmos - not sure which standings you are talking about, but if it's LHGCL D1, you are saying they beat Solar Red, Sting G, or FCD Premier. I really don't think that has happened.


jsullivan81 wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:The tournament is officially a joke from the get-go.

Rush is a DII Classic League Team.  Cosmos and Elite are D1.  Plus Cosmos are ahead of Rush in gotsoccer points.

But of course, since it's their tournament, LP will do everything they can to give Rush more gotsoccer points by giving them an easier road to the finals.

Now that you have been told its the 04 Elite team are you going to backtrack on your gibberish? No need to answer. It was rhetorical. And I wouldn't be surprised to see that 04 team beat the Cosmo's. They have held their own and I believe beat some of the teams that are ahead of Cosmo's in league standings.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 10:30 am

I havent looked. I thought at one point they beat the 03 Elite team and tied Sting G? If you are saying no, i will take your word for it.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2256
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 10:33 am

Ok, I looked. I could not see them beating any team above Cosmo's, so I was wrong. However, they did beat Cosmo's 4-0. So, you are correct, and I am wrong.


Last edited by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I rock at spelling)

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2256
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 10/12/14, 10:39 am

A little history..

Legacy Freedom Cup
2/2/2013 STING 03G (GUTIERREZ) (TXN) - 3 vs. LP Elite 04 - 1

Tulsa Lexus Cup
4/14/2013 FCD 03G PREDATOR (GOLD) - 3 vs. LP Elite 04 - 0

FlameFest
6/15/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA RASE 04 - 1 vs. FCD 03G GOLD - 0

Elite has never played FCD Premier 03..
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 2980
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 10:42 am

I stand corrected... again.

At this point, I would not think its a foregone conclusion that Cosmo's get past Elite. But, NFOD, you seem to think it's in the bag.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2256
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 10:47 am

jsullivan81 wrote:Ok, I looked. I could not see them beating any team above Cosoo's, so I was wrong. However, they did beat Cosmo's 4-0. So, you are correct, and I am wrong.

I had to get in the Sherman and Peabody Wayback Machine to validate your claim of Elite 04 beating the Cosmos 4-0. You are correct; however, that was before the first year of LHGCL qualifying back in May of 2013.

avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 10:49 am

jsullivan81 wrote:I stand corrected... again.

At this point, I would not think its a foregone conclusion that Cosmo's get past Elite. But, NFOD, you seem to think it's in the bag.

LOL...so you are reading my mind?  Impressive.

I never posted anything that even hints "it's in the bag."


Last edited by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 10/12/14, 10:52 am

To add a little creditability... Hahaha.. But these are dinosaur age in soccer..

2/2/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA RASE 04 - 1 vs. TSC HURRICANE TSCH - AMOS (OK) - 0
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 843
Points : 2980
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 10:55 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:To add a little creditability... Hahaha.. But these are dinosaur age in soccer..

2/2/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA RASE 04 - 1 vs. TSC HURRICANE TSCH - AMOS (OK) - 0

Hahaha. We should just post scores from scrimmages from 2012. I think my DD played for 03 Dalglish when 04 Dalglish beat them in a scrimmage.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 11:05 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:So the geniuses at the tournament put Cosmos and Elite in the same bracket.  

What the hell are they thinking?  I guess they don't want to see Elite make it to the finals...

The smart thing would be to place the top two teams opposite each other.

Your implication here is what I was referring to. Unless my understanding of the English language is wrong, I believe you are stating Elite will not advance over the Cosmo's. No?


jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2256
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 11:14 am

jsullivan81 wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:So the geniuses at the tournament put Cosmos and Elite in the same bracket.  

What the hell are they thinking?  I guess they don't want to see Elite make it to the finals...

The smart thing would be to place the top two teams opposite each other.

Your implication here is what I was referring to. Unless my understanding of the English language is wrong, I believe you are stating Elite will not advance over the Cosmo's. No?


That was in reference to '03 Elite, and it was as much in jest as anything else. My comment about placing the top 2 teams (they are both tied for 4th place in D1 LHGCL) opposite each other was the point of the post.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by jsullivan81 on 10/12/14, 11:21 am

Oh, so now that you found out its the 04 Elite team and not the 03 Elite team, you aren't as confident with your Cosmo's? That's kind of funny.
Anyone know why this tournament has such low attendance? Is this the norm for this particular tournament?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 2256
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 10/12/14, 11:34 am

jsullivan81 wrote:Oh, so now that you found out its the 04 Elite team and not the 03 Elite team, you aren't as confident with your Cosmo's? That's kind of funny.
Anyone know why this tournament has such low attendance? Is this the norm for this particular tournament?

HAHAHA...nice try...

No, it's because the premise of my original post is now baseless due to the fact it is 04 and not 03.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by Zidane on 11/12/14, 01:15 pm

It will be interesting to see if any teams have "guess" players.
avatar
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 275
Points : 3111
Join date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 14/12/14, 07:07 pm

I have to say, Liverpool went out of their way to get this tournament in with the weather.

My hats off to them for getting as many brackets to completion as they did!
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by NoFanOfDrama on 14/12/14, 08:25 pm

Zidane wrote:It will be interesting to see if any teams have "guess" players.

Lots of Sting Gutierrez sprinkled on the Sting teams in this tournament. I feel sorry for those players that had their playing time taken away in favor of the mercenaries the coaches brought in. On one of the Sting teams, the G guests played 90% of the time.

I can understand taking guests on if you are trying to sign a player or if you don't have enough players; but to try to stack the deck of a lesser team just to get a win? That's chicken manure if you ask me.

You get better by playing teams better than you. If you bring in mercs, you effectively take away a great learning opportunity.
avatar
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 2016
Join date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool RW&B

Post by Koba on 15/12/14, 12:13 am

Congrats to the Cosmos and NFOD. Top seed hangs on and wins the event!


Last edited by Koba on 15/12/14, 07:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spirit of the Forum)
avatar
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 109
Points : 1322
Join date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum