2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» NCAA Women's Soccer Championships Today!
by Spolar Today at 09:10 am

» Parent brawl
by Zizou Today at 08:47 am

» Thanksgiving Mini-Camp - EPT & Full Circle Futbol
by fcdallas06west Today at 12:47 am

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Liverpool Red White & Blue Cup
by Liverpool Tournaments Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» No More BW!
by RightWingDad Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» New To Area
by McKinneyLocal Yesterday at 03:15 pm

» D'Feeters 08 JDL (Colón)
by pingo99 Yesterday at 11:44 am

» ISO Dallas Texans L/S Black Game Jerseys ****NEED ASAP****
by justsayin02 Yesterday at 11:06 am

» DA Composite
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:48 am

» Showcase tips requested
by Wildone 17/11/17, 08:38 pm

» FBR09 Rankings November 6th, 2017
by ProphAC 17/11/17, 07:50 pm

» NEW Texas Spirit 09 - Clark @ Pit Plano!
by acst 17/11/17, 04:07 pm

» Will ECNL survive?
by greaterisHe 17/11/17, 04:04 pm

» 04 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:22 pm

» 09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:21 pm

» 05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C 17/11/17, 03:15 pm

» What will be medicine mans next move??
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 01:24 pm

» 03 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:45 am

» 05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Dec 1-3)
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:44 am

» TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - December 1-3, 2017
by U90C 17/11/17, 11:42 am

» 04 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C 17/11/17, 09:35 am

» DA vs ECNL, Look who's talking
by KeeperCommander 17/11/17, 08:22 am

» Dallas International Girls Cup 2018
by Jugglemaster 17/11/17, 12:45 am

» U10 Girls / 2008 Girls Team Needed for Saturday and Sunday
by CDA SOCCER 16/11/17, 09:59 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11433 registered users
The newest registered user is Liverpool Tournaments

Our users have posted a total of 165418 messages in 20813 subjects

Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by GO999 on 13/02/15, 10:35 am

GiantSpoon wrote:
go99 wrote:There you are with the parents again.  Well I guess at least your PARENTS are good.

Wow!  Did you hear that Odyssey Parents???  This guy just said your D1 team is NOT good.  I would be incensed.  Of course, considering the source maybe you shouldn't be.

I am not sure I would ever say another team in the top league in the area is not a good team.  It seems they've earned the right to feel good about their accomplishments thus far.  But hey, that's just me.  

DANG!!! Daddy Go just put it on you.

GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by KnKsDad on 13/02/15, 11:21 am

Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 3079
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by soccerchicken on 13/02/15, 11:26 am

KnKsDad wrote:Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

I believe fcd uses the farm system approach.
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1398
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 13/02/15, 11:29 am

soccerchicken wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

I believe fcd uses the farm system approach.

...and you see where that gets them.
avatar
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 1443
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by SickofStupidity on 13/02/15, 11:40 am

Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:
soccerchicken wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

I believe fcd uses the farm system approach.

...and you see where that gets them.


So, is that an indictment of the farm system, or fcd?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 613
Points : 1894
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by soccerchicken on 13/02/15, 11:40 am

Multiple levels of teams and many different coaching styles. Isn't that what were talking about?
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1398
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 13/02/15, 11:55 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:
soccerchicken wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

I believe fcd uses the farm system approach.

...and you see where that gets them.


So, is that an indictment of the farm system, or fcd?

Just an observation.  Don't know if they run a true farm system but would guess not due to many factors.
avatar
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 1443
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by soccerchicken on 13/02/15, 12:06 pm

The level of training and play can be intense so some may choose to look elsewhere, which might be what you did. Its understandable.
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1398
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Guest on 13/02/15, 12:08 pm

Farm system is fine. Building a team is more complicated than that. A good team is more than the sum of its parts, and a bunch of stars cobbled together doesn't necessarily make a great team. Love the skills, love the heart, love the guts, but check your ego at the door. I think it's easier when the kids are young. The older they get, the more complex it all becomes. If simply buying the best talent was the trick, then the Yankee's would have won 40 World Series in a row.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 13/02/15, 01:56 pm

go99 wrote:and for the record I think they are one of the better playing (stylewise) teams in NTX very well coached.

So Giant spoon while DTS and elite may have mean, crazy, out of contol parents that are not to the level of ODY we both have better teams and thats why we are in the supercopa.  

Hows that for pot stirring?

Go - what's up! I am not sure if Giant Spoon is an Odyssey Parent or not (couldn't tell).

My experience as an Odyssey parent is that Elite's parents, for the most part, are composed and set good examples for their kids. My last two experiences with DTS parents is completely opposite - let's just say I can see why their girls act the way they do (e.g. backtalking to refs and parents of the opposing team, cursing, WWE physical play, the crazy mom, etc). I am sure there are quality parents on DTS, unfortunately the loud, obnoxious ones make it impossible to identify the good ones. That being said, DTS and Elite are both better teams than Odyssey right now. DTS is more athletic (amazing speed up top) and Elite is more technical and skilled. That being said, our girls are learning the game the right way from a great coach and improving each week. We aren't concerned about making SuperCopa - I am sure we would play in it if invited. Our focus is playing a strong spring season so we can qualify for D1 (which is not locked in place yet). By qualifying for D1, this will give the girls another year to play against y'all, DTS, DT-Scott, Feet, Spirit, & Premiere. Our girls only improve when they play against top competition, regardless of how their opponents parents act or behave.
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1966
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 13/02/15, 02:00 pm

soccerisfun wrote:At least Feet Black tied the 05s - and placed 2nd in the toughest bracket.

For the record, Odyssey tied the 05s 1-1 in regulation.  Lost in PKs 3-1.  All 04 parents should know that when the top team from the 05s plays up, they are going to give it their all.  The girls need to be mentally prepared like they are playing a top 5 team from the same age.
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1966
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by GO999 on 13/02/15, 02:34 pm

Dang!!!!Peak....Daddy go...Daddy go..where'd ya go?
avatar
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Points : 1276
Join date : 2014-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Guest on 13/02/15, 02:38 pm

well when u play DTS in the next few weeks stay in the car...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by GO999 on 13/02/15, 03:00 pm

Used2bKix wrote:well when u play DTS in the next few weeks stay in the car...

Usually does stay in the car in case you all lose and start flipping cars.
avatar
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Points : 1276
Join date : 2014-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 13/02/15, 03:09 pm

Used2bKix wrote:well when u play DTS in the next few weeks stay in the car...

Ha - don't worry, I will be watching along with the rest of our parents from the sidelines. As long as y'all don't pull guns, we don't have anything to be fear. Razz Cool

More concerned for our girls getting blatantly fouled and leaving the fields on stretchers. Suspect
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1966
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Looking04 on 13/02/15, 03:15 pm

cheers


Don't make 'em mad - they will sick that angry mama on you!

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 1204
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Guest on 13/02/15, 03:31 pm

damn...none of the good teams give us flack like this...
Blatant fouls??
Just roll with that one, I can see the logic behind your rebuttal.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 13/02/15, 03:52 pm

Used2bKix wrote:damn...none of the good teams give us flack like this...
Blatant fouls??
Just roll with that one, I can see the logic behind your rebuttal.

Kix - it's all good. Y'all have a top 3 team and the athleticism to win consistently. I am sure your team will be on their game when we play in league - the only request I have is no yellow cards this time and a little sportsmanship from both teams and all parents on both sides. Fair enough? Smile
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1966
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by soccerchicken on 13/02/15, 04:09 pm

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:damn...none of the good teams give us flack like this...
Blatant fouls??
Just roll with that one, I can see the logic behind your rebuttal.

Kix - it's all good.  Y'all have a top 3 team and the athleticism to win consistently.  I am sure your team will be on their game when we play in league - the only request I have is no yellow cards this time and a little sportsmanship from both teams and all parents on both sides.  Fair enough? Smile

Kix? Kix!?!
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1398
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Guest on 13/02/15, 04:11 pm

I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

I remember leaving DSP along side an Odyssey parent and DD and the young lady told each other good game and I exchanged muffled smile and head nod with her dad...poof, I guess that's why all this talk eludes me a bit. ::Kanye Shrug::

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by soccerchicken on 13/02/15, 04:23 pm

Used2bKix wrote:I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

I remember leaving DSP along side an Odyssey parent and DD and the young lady told each other good game and I exchanged muffled smile and head nod with her dad...poof, I guess that's why all this talk eludes me a bit. ::Kanye Shrug::

Yeah and then you told the od kid if she ever won a Grammy she didn't deserve it.
avatar
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1398
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 13/02/15, 04:29 pm

Used2bKix wrote:I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

I remember leaving DSP along side an Odyssey parent and DD and the young lady told each other good game and I exchanged muffled smile and head nod with her dad...poof, I guess that's why all this talk eludes me a bit. ::Kanye Shrug::

You're a good man, Kix. The reality is our girls would love to play y'all every week. It only makes them tougher and better. All antics aside, DTS is a great team.
avatar
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 1966
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Guest on 13/02/15, 04:43 pm

Thanks. We don't sleep on Odyssey...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Cleansheets on 13/02/15, 04:48 pm

soccerchicken wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

I remember leaving DSP along side an Odyssey parent and DD and the young lady told each other good game and I exchanged muffled smile and head nod with her dad...poof, I guess that's why all this talk eludes me a bit. ::Kanye Shrug::

Yeah and then you told the od kid if she ever won a Grammy she didn't deserve it.
Yeah...she needs to give it to Beyonce.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2918
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by adufresne on 13/02/15, 07:30 pm

go99 wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:At least Feet Black tied the 05s - and placed 2nd in the toughest bracket.

I am expecting feet to come out and put on a good show this weekend.  Calling last weekend a one off.  I called the possible scott 05 upset.  THe huge shocker was feet.  Late entry, overlooking? not sure


One off? Shocker? I don't follow but I guess I'm just a little biased. If you're referring to the game vs Solar, IMO(for what that's worth) we weren't ready to play and they were. If I'm being honest, we were lucky to hold on to a tie toward the end. They basically outplayed us. There were some extenuating circumstances there but it is what it is. We didn't give up a goal all weekend in the toughest bracket so I'd say we did alright, but what do I know?

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 1602
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by Cleansheets on 13/02/15, 07:43 pm

adufresne wrote:
go99 wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:At least Feet Black tied the 05s - and placed 2nd in the toughest bracket.

I am expecting feet to come out and put on a good show this weekend.  Calling last weekend a one off.  I called the possible scott 05 upset.  THe huge shocker was feet.  Late entry, overlooking? not sure


One off? Shocker? I don't follow but I guess I'm just a little biased. If you're referring to the game vs Solar, IMO(for what that's worth) we weren't ready to play and they were. If I'm being honest, we were lucky to hold on to a tie toward the end. They basically outplayed us. There were some extenuating circumstances there but it is what it is. We didn't give up a goal all weekend in the toughest bracket so I'd say we did alright, but what do I know?
Adufresne...you're not gonna get any mercy from this bunch. Don't do well against the kindergarteners...yeah your team is pretty much through. But hey, at least you guys tied 'em.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2918
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum