North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Fantasy Pick'Em Week 11 Match Ups/Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

04 Fantasy Pick'Em Week 11 Match Ups/Predictions

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

04 Fantasy Pick'Em Week 11 Match Ups/Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Fantasy Pick'Em Week 11 Match Ups/Predictions

Post by GO999 24/02/15, 01:34 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
go99 wrote:I thought you guys started with 11? (No, 10 players for the first few minutes, then just 1 sub for the remainder of the game.) I wasn't giving credit (you seldom do, which is fine) or discounting anything. It was a simple statement of fact. PPP commented on score of our game in an earlier post and you wanted to serve up an excuse about players being out of position. The coach started the game with girls jumbled into positions that they don't normally play.  Maybe overconfidence on his part but certianly concerned the parents.  This is D1 and every team is going to come out for a fight especially against our team. (Matter of opinion by myself and others - including your coach and other parents - that we actually came out fighting harder, than many other teams I've seen play Elite, thus why I wanted to call us out for once.) Coming out with a creative lineup is risky at best hubris at worst.  Also a statement of fact the goals happened when the lineup returned to normal. (Are you kiddin me? 1 goal when everyone got jumbled up in front of the net, another by an incredible corner kick header, and another on a PK on a handball by one of our players in the box. I would honestly say the excuse of position changes had nothing to do with those goals, but that's your opinion)
So I made no statement about your team or how hard they played that is for a matter of opinion (which is a way of saying that win was a result of your team's mis-positioning and not of our team's hard work.  But that's ok, you are all about your team)  and I really don't have an opinion on the sting teams because I can't keep track well enough to tell them apart. (nice jab)

Reading Between the Lines....DANG!!!!!!Daddy Go

GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

04 Fantasy Pick'Em Week 11 Match Ups/Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Fantasy Pick'Em Week 11 Match Ups/Predictions

Post by go99 24/02/15, 01:51 pm

yes all of the sting team sort of run together for me. it's a simple 3-0 game that we won and you can describe the goals anyway you want but it doesn't change the 3-0 win. So no it wasn't an excuse, because I didn't think you needed an excuse for a 3-0 win. you can take the switching of positions as an insult if you like because I really don't care but switch positions like that agains defeeters, spirit and a few of the other teams we have coming up and we will be looking at a loss not a 3-0. Our team is good but they are not so good that you can put girls in any position and they still will.

"which is a way of saying that win was a result of your team's mis-positioning and not of our team's hard work. But that's ok, you are all about your team"

what the hell are you talking about? You lost 3-0, not won, not tied, there is no consolation prize only another L. Your work is no more valiant than any of the other teams because all of the 11 yr old girls pretty much come out and work hard. So yes I am all about MY team (no secret there). So my team locked you in your own end and you escaped an onslaught of attack with a 3-0 result. Wear it as a badge of honor if you want but I would suggest getting some results. (thats a jab)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 01:55 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:I was impressed by the determination of the Sting girls.

I was more impressed with the determination of the Lady aztec girls last time we played them in a tournament. They weren't fighting for a possible tie. The game was out of reach and they still kept fighting and not only defending but pushing forward. So are we saying the sting girls were more determined than the other teams we faced. Their girls work harder while the other teams just showed up. Or was this just a 3-0 game?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/15, 02:52 pm

When you sit back and read that last post Go...
Just from an observation standpoint. I would think you either played with or trained the girls. There's no "we" only "they"... Your choice of words and presentation sort of makes it seem like you're comig down hard on those Cuevas girls in an attempt to provide a gritty rebuttall for that Sting parent, whose initial delivery didn't seem slanderous or malicious at all...no dog in this fight, just thought I'd raise you're awareness in regards to such an uncharacteristic action by Mr. Go99...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/15, 03:21 pm

Feel free to substitute they. And it was a gritty rebuttal at a sting parent for jumping on me for what I though was a innocent post about my team with no intent towards his
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 25/02/15, 08:15 am

I like how go says "We"...like he's part of the team or something...
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 08:45 am

purplefrog wrote:I like how go says "We"...like he's part of the team or something...

ZING!! that was a good one. Did you come up with that all by yourself or did you just read kix post?

Kix response was at least thought out and clever. Yours was just a boring retread with any lack of substance.

It really was a general conversation "we" loosly used. I could explain it too you but it wouldn't matter anyway. Infer what you like and I am exactly who you think I am.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 25/02/15, 08:57 am

Yes you are
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go69 25/02/15, 09:55 am

purplefrog wrote:Yes you are

And yes, I am part of the team. I give direction when it's needed and tell the girls what to do.
go69
go69
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/15, 09:56 am

"Yours was just a boring retread with any lack of substance." -- Keith Olbermann? :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 25/02/15, 10:03 am

When their team loses...I bet Go says "They" instead of "We".
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 10:06 am

I appreciate the Go knockoffs it's actually flattering but please make the post either controversial, inflammatory, insightful, or at least entertaining. Otherwise just have the stones to stand behind your own words not disguise them behind me.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go69 25/02/15, 10:21 am

You people are unreal.  Trying to knock us down at any chance.  THEY have had some issues, a few close ones, because They were unprepared or in the wrong position.  In the end WE pulled it together and got the job done.  Because WE are at the top everyone has  to pick at US.  Oh well, I still say what I say, because.....WE are the champions...my friends...and WE'LL keep on fighting till the end.....
go69
go69
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 10:22 am

purplefrog wrote:When their team loses...I bet Go says "They" instead of "We".

Wouldn't really know because WE don't lose enough. But I bet you are quite experienced with the emotion.

But since we are going to discuss the topic at hand. Just like WE won a national championship or you might say WE won the superbowl, or WE got killed last night. Or man WE (the sooners) really sucked last year. The we is used with full recognition that you are not actually on the team. So I didn't invent the usuage of WE in that situation and am not the only user of in in the english speaking world. So to explain it the WE is a general term used as a fan and general association it does not infer participation in said event. So while I can understand you may not be a fan of your dd's team I am a fan of mine and everything she does. I am and will always be her biggest fan
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 25/02/15, 10:28 am

go69 wrote:You people are unreal.  Trying to knock us down at any chance.  THEY have had some issues, a few close ones, because They were unprepared or in the wrong position.  In the end WE pulled it together and got the job done.  Because WE are at the top everyone has  to pick at US.  Oh well, I still say what I say, because.....WE are the champions...my friends...and WE'LL keep on fighting till the end.....

Haha...go69 is way cooler than go99
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 10:32 am

go69 wrote:You people are unreal.  Trying to knock us down at any chance.  THEY have had some issues, a few close ones, because They were unprepared or in the wrong position.  In the end WE pulled it together and got the job done.  Because WE are at the top everyone has  to pick at US.  Oh well, I still say what I say, because.....WE are the champions...my friends...and WE'LL keep on fighting till the end.....

That was a little better. Clever with a hidden dig and the humor to hide the contempt. But really I can see the admiration below it all. To really escape my shadow you are going to have to create your own content and thought and not just piggyback off mine. So WE will keep working on it my friend and I am sure WE can get you some help with YOUR GO issues. Maybe if you PM me your post first I can give them a quick edit to give them that true GO shine.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 25/02/15, 11:02 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
go99 wrote:I thought you guys started with 11?  I wasn't giving credit or discounting anything.  It was a simple statement of fact.  The coach started the game with girls jumbled into positions that they don't normally play.  Maybe overconfidence on his part but certianly concerned the parents.  This is D1 and every team is going to come out for a fight especially against our team.  Coming out with a creative lineup is risky at best hubris at worst.  Also a statement of fact the goals happened when the lineup returned to normal.  
So I made no statement about your team or how hard they played that is for a matter of opinion and I really don't have an opinion on the sting teams because I can't keep track well enough to tell them apart.
Start all "matter of fact" and end with a nice little parting shot...  Cool  So who called the coach to tell him to switch the players back? What a Face
He probably switched it back as soon as he looked across the field and saw the parents having another one of their infamous parent meetings Shocked
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 11:06 am

LMAO now thats funny
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go69 25/02/15, 11:11 am

Lobo_Momma wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
go99 wrote:I thought you guys started with 11?  I wasn't giving credit or discounting anything.  It was a simple statement of fact.  The coach started the game with girls jumbled into positions that they don't normally play.  Maybe overconfidence on his part but certianly concerned the parents.  This is D1 and every team is going to come out for a fight especially against our team.  Coming out with a creative lineup is risky at best hubris at worst.  Also a statement of fact the goals happened when the lineup returned to normal.  
So I made no statement about your team or how hard they played that is for a matter of opinion and I really don't have an opinion on the sting teams because I can't keep track well enough to tell them apart.
Start all "matter of fact" and end with a nice little parting shot...  Cool  So who called the coach to tell him to switch the players back? What a Face
He probably switched it back as soon as he looked across the field and saw the parents having another one of their infamous parent meetings Shocked

Hey we pay for this stuff. He needs to listen to us, he got lucky getting my team. If he doesn't like it, we will send him packing like we did with the old coach.
go69
go69
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 11:21 am

and not clever. Lobo was clever and timely. 69's was just another piggyback that reaks of resentment. but sure is pointing a finger towards where you actually come from
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 25/02/15, 11:54 am

Actually it was the old coach that sent us packing.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/15, 11:57 am

ah but the group of people who would care and see it the other way is much smaller. Definitely narrows the identity field
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go69 25/02/15, 12:21 pm

After March 21st you will call me GODADDY! Bewaaahhhawww.... Twisted Evil
go69
go69
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/15, 12:46 pm

That GO69 ish throwing me the pluck off!!

But just for the sake of posting...

No slight, but I can't distinguish too many Stings from the other either...I just remember the coaches, like Piper used to wear the bucket hat and Scarfone yapped a lot.

Underdogs don't like to hear why the favorite didn't perform up to expectations. It always sounds like a slight. They want to hear "those girls came to play and caught us completely off guard..."

The favorite doesn't like the notion of people walking around thinking the underdog actually gave them a game.

The players seem to get caught in "our"...the parents...crossfire. We tend to inadvertently critique the girls (players) when we adamantly defend our DD's team. But there is no avoiding that, is there? Our girls catch it hard on these forums but I rather opposing parents vent or express themselves on here than in person and make the mistake of approaching my daughter...or myself for that matter.
There should be a posters section at the games...that would be funny as hell...don't ask me what's in my cup if it happens...( oops, that statement doesn't help the DTS parent perception does it?!) but it does confirm that I'm ok with how the wrong people perceive us...

Back to top Go down

Post by go69 25/02/15, 01:08 pm

Used2bKix wrote:That GO69 ish throwing me the pluck off!!

But just for the sake of posting...

No slight, but I can't distinguish too many Stings from the other either...I just remember the coaches, like Piper used to wear the bucket hat and Scarfone yapped a lot.

Underdogs don't like to hear why the favorite didn't perform up to expectations. It always sounds like a slight. They want to hear "those girls came to play and caught us completely off guard..."

The favorite doesn't like the notion of people walking around thinking the underdog actually gave them a game.

The players seem to get caught in "our"...the parents...crossfire. We tend to inadvertently critique the girls (players) when we adamantly defend our DD's team. But there is no avoiding that, is there? Our girls catch it hard on these forums but I rather opposing parents vent or express themselves on here than in person and make the mistake of approaching my daughter...or myself for that matter.
There should be a posters section at the games...that would be funny as hell...don't ask me what's in my cup if it happens...( oops, that statement doesn't help the DTS parent perception does it?!) but it does confirm that I'm ok with how the wrong people perceive us...

What is this rambling BS....Your team is the underdog, they never beat us.
go69
go69
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/15, 01:13 pm

Lmao...sarcastically

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next