Latest topics
Real Colorado leaving Girls DA27/03/20, 07:39 pm918soccer
YNT Mini-Camp27/03/20, 10:48 amNoSpinZone
U90C eSports Tournaments24/03/20, 07:19 pmU90C
United GoalkeepingUSA; WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH24/03/20, 05:58 amunitedgoalkeepingusa
United GoalkeepingUSA,WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!!24/03/20, 05:54 amunitedgoalkeepingusa
TP Supplies19/03/20, 07:40 pmBENDMEOVER
What Happened At The NTX Celtic Game?18/03/20, 01:52 pmCATX
Coronavirus Thread18/03/20, 10:08 amBig Ern
Remove the SPAM17/03/20, 08:06 pmBig Ern
Rayos 07 Martinez10/03/20, 11:29 pmgarcia2235
Skills Training in Dallas TX10/03/20, 04:00 pmcityfutsal
Skills Training in Richardson TX10/03/20, 03:58 pmcityfutsal
Richardson TX Training Camps10/03/20, 03:52 pmcityfutsal
FCD DA vs Solar DA '0510/03/20, 01:22 pmmykidsmom
Impact FC 06G Bertelsen/Roster Additions09/03/20, 06:49 pmImpactRoyal
Renegades 12G North - Blanton 08/03/20, 10:23 pmtareyncarol
Spring Break Camps Start Next Week!06/03/20, 05:02 pmcityfutsal
A FREE Pick-Up Party Just For You (3/8/20)06/03/20, 04:58 pmcityfutsal
6v6 Soccer Leagues @ City Sports Park06/03/20, 04:53 pmcityfutsal
4v4 Soccer Leagues @ City Sports Park06/03/20, 04:50 pmcityfutsal
Renegades 2010G Open Trainings06/03/20, 03:55 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades 2010G Open Trainings06/03/20, 03:55 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Summer team changes05/03/20, 01:59 pmMpereztx10
RISE8 FC 07 looking to add a few players to roster 05/03/20, 10:34 amCccrushers
06 GK Looking To Guest Play In Dallas Cup - April 5-12, 202004/03/20, 05:59 pmkahakugk
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14150 registered users
The newest registered user is SoccerBasics

Our users have posted a total of 196158 messages in 27796 subjects

Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 on 11/08/15, 07:11 pm

It is official. LHGCL will be 9v9 for QT and 2016-2017 season

FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1727
Join date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by AtThePitch on 11/08/15, 07:13 pm

Care to expand on that?
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 709
Points : 3779
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by SD69 on 11/08/15, 08:30 pm

Yeah, are all the teams already in LH exempted? What about age pure?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4148
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 on 11/08/15, 08:41 pm

AtThePitch wrote:Care to expand on that?

06s will be 9v9 thru U12. LHGCL announced it tonight at the mgr mtg.

All older ages will stay 11v11

They haven't made a decision on pure age and how that will be implemented.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1727
Points : 5647
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : Working my tail off in a DC somewhere

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Guest on 11/08/15, 09:01 pm

That's helpful for the calendar 06 with big egos Very Happy , but what about the Fall '05? My money is on age pure being implemented in 2017.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by 2girls on 11/08/15, 11:13 pm

Good .... Finally true soccer learned and played instead of the stupid dump and chase long ball soccer that is stressed in the stupid "win now" world that 06 soccer has become. All the giant kids who can outrun anyone are neutralized and the kids who can pass and play possession soccer will develop as they should . Sorry .... "Scholarship or bust" parents but your soccer future just got a whole lot more realistic and your turbo charged kid now has to learn to play real soccer and it just may be painful to watch as little "rocket kid" no longer generates stories for the parents on Monday mornings about "my kid scored 6 goals on Sunday and she can outrun anyone". Bottom line ... Good for the game and good for development . I don't recall the USWNT scoring any goals on long ball dump and run ????

2girls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 47
Points : 2243
Join date : 2014-04-26

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by 06Southgirl on 12/08/15, 05:41 am

Sho'nuff wrote:That's helpful for the calendar 06 with big egos  Very Happy , but what about the Fall '05? My money is on age pure being implemented in 2017.

I am going with birth year implemented Fall 2016 as recommended. Just a hunch.
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 442
Points : 2662
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by futbollove on 12/08/15, 06:14 am

2girls wrote:Good .... Finally true soccer learned and played instead of the stupid dump and chase long ball soccer that is stressed in the stupid "win now" world that 06 soccer has become. All the giant kids who can outrun anyone are neutralized and the kids who can pass and play possession soccer will develop as they should .  Sorry .... "Scholarship or bust" parents but your soccer future just got a whole lot more realistic and your turbo charged kid now has to learn to play real soccer and it just may be painful to watch as little "rocket kid" no longer generates stories for the parents on Monday mornings about "my kid scored 6 goals on Sunday and she can outrun anyone". Bottom line ... Good for the game and good for development .  I don't recall the USWNT scoring any goals on long ball dump and run ????
Haven't the 06's been playing 9v9 all along? So why would this change anything? If they were going from 11v11 to 9v9 then perhaps your argument holds water. But this is the same format that they've been playing for a few seasons now. Why won't little Mia continue to score 6 goals and outrun everyone? Changing the playing format is just a piece of the puzzle. Unless coaches start teaching actual skills and possession, I don't see the change coming that you are rooting for.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 3854
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by SickofStupidity on 12/08/15, 08:26 am

futbollove wrote:
2girls wrote:Good .... Finally true soccer learned and played instead of the stupid dump and chase long ball soccer that is stressed in the stupid "win now" world that 06 soccer has become. All the giant kids who can outrun anyone are neutralized and the kids who can pass and play possession soccer will develop as they should .  Sorry .... "Scholarship or bust" parents but your soccer future just got a whole lot more realistic and your turbo charged kid now has to learn to play real soccer and it just may be painful to watch as little "rocket kid" no longer generates stories for the parents on Monday mornings about "my kid scored 6 goals on Sunday and she can outrun anyone". Bottom line ... Good for the game and good for development .  I don't recall the USWNT scoring any goals on long ball dump and run ????
Haven't the 06's been playing 9v9 all along? So why would this change anything? If they were going from 11v11 to 9v9 then perhaps your argument holds water. But this is the same format that they've been playing for a few seasons now. Why won't little Mia continue to score 6 goals and outrun everyone? Changing the playing format is just a piece of the puzzle. Unless coaches start teaching actual skills and possession, I don't see the change coming that you are rooting for.

cheers

Coaches who can't coach still won't be able to coach Shocked

Parents who want the winning team, will find a winning team.  And coaches will me more than willing to meet that need.  affraid

And the majority of the WNT's goals?  I believe they said during the World Cup that about 1/2 their goals are scored on set pieces.  Idea So - to model ourselves after the WNT, we should be practicing set pieces way more than we do now - maybe 50% of the time, right?  Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 929
Points : 3088
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Guest on 12/08/15, 08:29 am

Show me a parent that takes shots at fast kids, and I'll show you a parent of a slow kid. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by My Money Pit on 12/08/15, 08:41 am

2 Girls...I think your argument is a little misplaced. I agree that staying 9v9 is a good thing, but don't think it will change any coaches mindset, except for those with to many girls now. If your team played possession before, you will still learn possession. If your team plays kick ball, you're probably going to continue to play kick ball. Your comments about the "fast kids" is actually reversed, it can be exploited more because the field is smaller. Either way, fast is fast, and if you can't keep up...Personally, I like the small field because it will make my DD focus on her possession skills and quicker decision making. I think this move will only improve the "product" down the line. Just my two cents.
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 2482
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Where the winds (or soccer matches) take me...

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Blues Fan on 12/08/15, 09:05 am

Sho'nuff wrote:Show me a parent that takes shots at fast kids, and I'll show you a parent of a slow kid.  Very Happy

Lol, Bullseye!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 2552
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 on 12/08/15, 09:41 am

https://www.facebook.com/lhgcl/posts/923432371056949

LHGCL post on 06s and 9v9
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1727
Points : 5647
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : Working my tail off in a DC somewhere

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Lyin Ted on 12/08/15, 12:24 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:Show me a parent that takes shots at fast kids, and I'll show you a parent of a slow kid.  Very Happy

Lol, Bullseye!


LMFAO! That is so true about our kids and there sports. I guess that's how we justify the $$ we spend. I am even guilty! Laughing

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 2764
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Dread Pirate on 15/08/15, 02:30 pm

Any consideration to QT moving to January?

__________________________________________________
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 2116
Join date : 2014-08-05
Location : Aboard the Revenge

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by planogirl on 18/08/15, 12:32 pm

From SoCal:

Per the Presidio meeting minutes from July 21st, target implementation is Jan. 2016:

Cal South District Commissioners – Board Members: Sally Grigoriev (District 1 Commissioner) provided the membership with information on recent US Youth Soccer changes.

The soccer age year is going to a calendar year basis with a target implementation date of January 1, 2016. Implementation of small sided games:
U8 4v4 no goal keepers
U10 6v6 with goal keepers
U12 8v8 with goal keepers
U13 11v11 with goal keepers

http://www.presidiosoccer.com/docume...gmm_201507.pdf

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 79
Points : 2652
Join date : 2013-04-04

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by AtThePitch on 18/08/15, 12:38 pm

Cal souths season do not run parallel with ours. Hence the reason for the difference in implementing it sooner. Ours will be fall 2016, they will have a headstart.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 709
Points : 3779
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Guest on 18/08/15, 01:10 pm

We should just change our select year to calendar year as well. If we are blowing everything up, what's one more change?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by the7wolf on 18/08/15, 01:17 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:We should just change our select year to calendar year as well.  If we are blowing everything up, what's one more change?

I think it will have to go that way if they're planning to implement it through all of the age groups.

__________________________________________________
EVOLVE OR DIE!
the7wolf
the7wolf
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1064
Points : 4788
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 51
Location : Among the worgens!

http://canislupust7w.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Guest on 18/08/15, 01:27 pm

the7wolf wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:We should just change our select year to calendar year as well.  If we are blowing everything up, what's one more change?

I think it will have to go that way if they're planning to implement it through all of the age groups.

I meant, has any consideration been given to changing the LHGCL season to Spring/Fall?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by AtThePitch on 18/08/15, 02:02 pm

planogirl wrote:From SoCal:

Per the Presidio meeting minutes from July 21st, target implementation is Jan. 2016:

Cal South District Commissioners – Board Members: Sally Grigoriev (District 1 Commissioner) provided the membership with information on recent US Youth Soccer changes.

The soccer age year is going to a calendar year basis with a target implementation date of January 1, 2016. Implementation of small sided games:
U8 4v4 no goal keepers
U10 6v6 with goal keepers
U12 8v8 with goal keepers
U13 11v11 with goal keepers

http://www.presidiosoccer.com/docume...gmm_201507.pdf

http://www.wvsoccer.net/assets/958/15/WVSA%20Memo%20on%20US%20Soccer%20Changes-FINAL.pdf
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 709
Points : 3779
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by MrRogers on 18/08/15, 03:23 pm

AtThePitch wrote:
planogirl wrote:From SoCal:

Per the Presidio meeting minutes from July 21st, target implementation is Jan. 2016:

Cal South District Commissioners – Board Members: Sally Grigoriev (District 1 Commissioner) provided the membership with information on recent US Youth Soccer changes.

The soccer age year is going to a calendar year basis with a target implementation date of January 1, 2016. Implementation of small sided games:
U8 4v4 no goal keepers
U10 6v6 with goal keepers
U12 8v8 with goal keepers
U13 11v11 with goal keepers

http://www.presidiosoccer.com/docume...gmm_201507.pdf

http://www.wvsoccer.net/assets/958/15/WVSA%20Memo%20on%20US%20Soccer%20Changes-FINAL.pdf

From your document:

Are there any benefits to playing Birth Year? The main benefit for playing Birth Year is for developmental purposes. At the local level throughout our state, it will allow for better development because it will push individual players, raise the competitive standards, improve team competition and create more meaningful league games.

How exactly does this make any sense?

Are there any disadvantages to playing Birth Year? There are no disadvantages to playing Birth Year. It will eliminate the ability for older players to play down with younger players as existed under the Calendar Year system. If you believe older players playing against younger players is an advantage, then one could assume closing this loophole is a disadvantage. In the opinion of our WV Soccer state instructional staff, playing an older player against younger players is an unfair advantage if the younger players aren't ready, and it simply is not good for the development of that older player.

Ok wow. How is the age difference between a November 03 and January 04 greater than a January to December 04?

I think the age change is really irrelevant and not an issue compared to the move of forcing all U10s-U12s who are in fact ready for the big field and tactics to play down their game for two more years than needed, BUT it does say something about the reasoning ability of those forcing these changes.

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 144
Points : 3277
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by AtThePitch on 18/08/15, 03:33 pm

i personally think the answers on the document are laughable... just passing on the document.

Its all just shifting the kids that recieve the benefit that others had been getting. nothing more.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 709
Points : 3779
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Age True and 9v9  in 2016 for NTX - Page 12 Empty Re: Age True and 9v9 in 2016 for NTX

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum